Author Topic: Arnold talks training and diet  (Read 7572 times)

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
Re: Arnold talks training and diet
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2015, 07:07:22 PM »
More and more of the unused Pumping Iron footage is slowly being released.  Many hours of workout footage was filmed... I want to see ALL of it!  Notice how wide his grip is on those inclines...

Awesome. Never seen that. Keep 'em coming

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2015, 07:12:28 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Some more clips I've never see

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2015, 07:23:28 PM »
People who say/think Menzer should've placed higher than Arnold at the '80 Mr O need their eyes checked.

I sure didn't say that. I was referring to Mike Mentzer's books and training philosophy...

unless you are just completely changing the subject.

Not uncommon.

Mike was shredded and big, but I really don't wanna read another Shawn Ray or Dexter thread, thanks.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2015, 08:55:12 AM »

I sure didn't say that. I was referring to Mike Mentzer's books and training philosophy...

unless you are just completely changing the subject.

Not uncommon.

Mike was shredded and big, but I really don't wanna read another Shawn Ray or Dexter thread, thanks.

You brought up Mentzer, not me.  The amphetamines ruined him, and probably had much to do with his premature death.  He was showing signs of psychosis when he competed in '80.  He over analyzed everything and wasted many years of his life preaching there was only one way to train and everyone else (not matter how many Mr. O titles they won) was wrong.   

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2015, 09:01:42 AM »
You brought up Mentzer, not me.  The amphetamines ruined him, and probably had much to do with his premature death.  He was showing signs of psychosis when he competed in '80.  He over analyzed everything and wasted many years of his life preaching there was only one way to train and everyone else (not matter how many Mr. O titles they won) was wrong.   
i think the Mentzer Brothers were legends and stood by their Guns. I agree the heavy Duty thing was pushed too much and in my opinion over rated. I think Tommywishbone knew him and can say more..

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2015, 09:05:47 AM »
i think the Mentzer Brothers were legends and stood by their Guns. I agree the heavy Duty thing was pushed too much and in my opinion over rated. I think Tommywishbone knew him and can say more..

Yup.  Take all training advices with a grain of salt.  Or as the champs do, with a gram of test.  On their dosages, any sort of training will work.  Mentzer himself said he was more worried about the possible effects of steroids on his mind more than his body. 

Arnold is still Numero Uno overall and Steve Reeves and Park are interchangeable within the realm of the real naturals. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2015, 09:13:49 AM »
Yup.  Take all training advices with a grain of salt.  Or as the champs do, with a gram of test.  On their dosages, any sort of training will work.  Mentzer himself said he was more worried about the possible effects of steroids on his mind more than his body. 

Arnold is still Numero Uno overall and Steve Reeves and Park are interchangeable within the realm of the real naturals. 
Give me Bill Pearl .. a true Gentleman. i have never spoke to such a Manly Man (no homo) but so friendly and great advice.

Elvis_McCartney

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2015, 12:02:40 PM »

Good video.
He speaks a lot of sense.

I'm with Arnold,
Ban The Pregnant Bellies on Stage.
And Ban Them God Damn Mobile Phones in the Gym.

Completely agree.  What burns my arse is when someone hogs a machine like the leg extension machine and just sits there texting in between his half-ass sets doing 30lbs or even talking on the phone while he's doing his reps.  Why even come to the damn gym if you're going to do this crap.

Excellent video.  Arnold motivates like no one can.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2015, 03:49:57 AM »

I agree. I know all about Mikey and his brother and Dan Duchaine.

There were others also.

I was just saying that I didnt bring him up in the context in which you were referring. I was simply speaking of Arnolds high volume training and Mikeys dogma about one set to failure. In the video Arnie talks about more and more and more to make up for lack of knowledge in nutrition.

I'm not siding with either.

Anything works for a time.

Haney: Stimulate don't annihilate.... ya know? That's all.