Author Topic: 2013 Getbig Awards - Best Physique on Getbig  (Read 155642 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: 2013 Getbig Awards - Best Physique on Getbig
« Reply #400 on: December 31, 2013, 09:47:59 PM »
house arrest ooopsss sorry wes had too... ;D
I honestly moved there with my two cousins to open up a gym........didn`t quite pan out.

Instead got back into competing at 40 and did a shitload of contests down there.

No jail for me bro...... jail = no pussy.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #401 on: December 31, 2013, 09:49:01 PM »
I honestly moved there with my two cousins to open up a gym........didn`t quite pan out.

Instead got back into competing at 40 and did a shitload of contests down there.

No jail for me bro......no jail = no pussy.

would have been nice if it panned out bro,,,ur better for it in the end..

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #402 on: December 31, 2013, 09:50:33 PM »
Yeah, I hear ya`.

I miss the weather though....right now it`s fucking freezing up here.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #403 on: January 01, 2014, 12:02:01 PM »
Where`d you live in S. Fla. Ronnie.I lived in Port St. Lucie for 4 years..........93-97.....great place,and S. Fla. is a hotbed for bodybuilding.the chicks aren`t too shabby either.
Sunrise, 10 miles west of Ft. Laud! Live in Weston now. I know 240 lives in Port St. Lucie, Ft. Myers area! I last competed in 86 in The Mr. Gold Coast which no longer exists! I would regularly go to The Southern States up until about 2002! The last show I went to was the Nationals in 2003 in Miami! Women are great all over S.FL, but I'm old and married with 2 daughters!

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #404 on: January 01, 2014, 12:02:51 PM »
hope to get real big in 2014

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #405 on: January 01, 2014, 12:11:22 PM »
Sunrise, 10 miles west of Ft. Laud! Live in Weston now. I know 240 lives in Port St. Lucie, Ft. Myers area! I last competed in 86 in The Mr. Gold Coast which no longer exists! I would regularly go to The Southern States up until about 2002! The last show I went to was the Nationals in 2003 in Miami! Women are great all over S.FL, but I'm old and married with 2 daughters!
I can relate...no kids but I`m older than table salt and married to my own personal ball + chain!  ;)

I did a few workouts at the Sunrise Golds when I was down there,but trained mostly at Bob Benedix World Gym,TNT Fitness,and an old Powerhouse Gym that later became Florida Fitness.no longer in existance.

I did the Southern States 4 or 5 times,Deke Warners Mid Florida Muscle Classic once,Treasure Coast  2 X,Specaecoast once,and Palm Beach once.

Just an awesome place for bodybuilders what with the abundance of decent gyms,great weather,and lots and lots of contests all over the place.

On a sidenote,I worked in a strip bar for 13 years in Mass.,and almost became like somewhat of a gynocologist as far as looking at naked chicks was commonplace and wasn`t a big deal............well,once I hit Jensen Beach or Lauderdale,I had to lay in the sun on my stomach due to excessive tent pitching........hot ass women or just too much Duratestron,or a combination of the two.  :)

Mazda323

• Getbig III
  • Guardian Angel
« Reply #406 on: January 01, 2014, 12:13:08 PM »
Obviously this topic proves that Getbiggers not only lift, but they had very good physiques!!!

But, not to be offensive to anyone, wes's and Go4it bodies is my ideal. Those bodies i want to have as an image on mi mind when i think how i want to look like!!!

Hazbin, Grant Michaels, Big Ro are the most impressive. Galeniko has the ultimate pussy pulling physique :)

Happy new year to everyone!!!

PS. I ate so much this days, that definitely this topic is going to be a motivation for me :)

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #407 on: January 01, 2014, 12:31:03 PM »
I can relate...no kids but I`m older than table salt and married to my own personal ball + chain!  ;)

I did a few workouts at the Sunrise Golds when I was down there,but trained mostly at Bob Benedix World Gym,TNT Fitness,and an old Powerhouse Gym that later became Florida Fitness.no longer in existance.

I did the Southern States 4 or 5 times,Deke Warners Mid Florida Muscle Classic once,Treasure Coast  2 X,Specaecoast once,and Palm Beach once.

Just an awesome place for bodybuilders what with the abundance of decent gyms,great weather,and lots and lots of contests all over the place.

On a sidenote,I worked in a strip bar for 13 years in Mass.,and almost became like somewhat of a gynocologist as far as looking at naked chicks was commonplace and wasn`t a big deal............well,once I hit Jensen Beach or Lauderdale,I had to lay in the sun on my stomach due to excessive tent pitching........hot ass women or just too much Duratestron,or a combination of the two.  :)
I trained and was friends with Bob Benedix at Golds in Sunrise! He was my gear Supplier. The Golds gym in Sunrise was the first Golds franchise in Florida! I was very good friends with the owner Ken Bealey, who died around 1993! That gym was the best! I liked Bob Benedix he was a good dude! Didn't he get popped for steroids back then?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #408 on: January 01, 2014, 12:32:16 PM »
Obviously this topic proves that Getbiggers not only lift, but they had very good physiques!!!

But, not to be offensive to anyone, wes's and Go4it bodies is my ideal. Those bodies i want to have as an image on mi mind when i think how i want to look like!!!

Hazbin, Grant Michaels, Big Ro are the most impressive. Galeniko has the ultimate pussy pulling physique :)

Happy new year to everyone!!!

PS. I ate so much this days, that definitely this topic is going to be a motivation for me :)
Happy New Year bro.....keep pumping,you look great!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #409 on: January 01, 2014, 12:36:53 PM »
I trained and was friends with Bob Benedix at Golds in Sunrise! He was my gear Supplier. The Golds gym in Sunrise was the first Golds franchise in Florida! I was very good friends with the owner Ken Bealey, who died around 1993! That gym was the best! I liked Bob Benedix he was a good dude! Didn't he get popped for steroids back then?
Yeah Bob was a good guy,always liked him.....I heard he got popped before I got there.I was there from `93-`97.

He would always ask me and my two twin cousins who I trained with if we were on gear.I would deny it but he would just smile.back then I told no one anything about gear as far as me using it went....not even Bob,but of course he knew, and he knew I knew he knew!  LOL  ;)

Sorry bud,I had to go there.  :D

I believe Charles Kemp was at Golds Sunrise one of the two times I trained there....not sure though,big black dude.

Good gear down there in the 90`s.....more on that later....pretty weird stories.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #410 on: January 01, 2014, 01:20:52 PM »
Yeah Bob was a good guy,always liked him.....I heard he got popped before I got there.I was there from `93-`97.

He would always ask me and my two twin cousins who I trained with if we were on gear.I would deny it but he would just smile.back then I told no one anything about gear as far as me using it went....not even Bob,but of course he knew, and he knew I knew he knew!  LOL  ;)

Sorry bud,I had to go there.  :D

I believe Charles Kemp was at Golds Sunrise one of the two times I trained there....not sure though,big black dude.

Good gear down there in the 90`s.....more on that later....pretty weird stories.
Yeah, Charles Kemp trained there, Paul Dillett trained there before he went to S.Cal! So many guy's  came through that gym when I trained there, Bill Kazmaier, Mike Quinn, Daryl Stafford, Pat Lanzillo, just to name a few off the top of my head!

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #411 on: January 01, 2014, 01:28:03 PM »
Yeah, Charles Kemp trained there, Paul Dillett trained there before he went to S.Cal! So many guy's  came through that gym when I trained there, Bill Kazmaier, Mike Quinn, Daryl Stafford, Pat Lanzillo, just to name a few off the top of my head!

damn,  I trained in a city where there was really no other bodybuilders.   contest prep was always from the magazines (so garbage lies) and there was no internet; so pretty much guess work - and I always guessed wrong

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #412 on: January 01, 2014, 01:28:23 PM »
Cool,I saw Daryl Stafford 2 years ago in Pittsburgh....still looked good.

Pat Lanzillo............now there`s a name out of the past.............we are officially old..........well,I am anyway.  :(

Real good gym in Sunrise.

I trained with Dave Marinelli a couple of times at Bob`s gym in PSL......good guy and stronger that shit....loves to talk all things bodybuilding.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #413 on: January 01, 2014, 01:29:23 PM »
Mr. AZ 2003

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #414 on: January 01, 2014, 01:31:21 PM »
Just a few of my trophies bro..real old pic,have won lots more since this was taken.

All in my barn except the few that mean the most to me.

The ones in the house are:
My first powerlifting trophy-1974 Boston Open Power Meet- 3rd. place 132 pound class.highest bench in my class..tiny little trophy but it means a lot to me.

1st. place 1995 Southern States lightweight over 35 at 40 years of age.....all my friends told me I`d place last....NOT!!

6 trophies from the NABBA Nationals

2 trophies from the Masters Nationals

First bodybuilding trophy I won-1987 Mr. Springfield.......just came off a 7 year drunken drug filled binge and benched 95 pounds for a shaky 8 reps........people laughed at me,I was a bum in the streets.........6 months later,ripped and benched 300 pounds at 150 bodyweight......double bodyweight bench and all the dudes in my gym wanted to train with me..some lasted some couldn`t hang,I punished the ones that lasted,but they got into the best shape of their lives.

During this time,I overdosed and was pronounced deadonce again,I bssically lived in the streets,and ate at 5 different houses where friends lived..whoever had the best meal after hitting all 5 houses,is where I ate!  ;D

When Jeff King gave me the trophy,he said:
"Thank God for muscle memory huh Wes"......I literally went backstage and cried and literally came back from the dead....felt reborn..I also felt like a soft homo but I couldn`t contain myself after all I`d been through.

5th. place Iron Man in Syracuse N. Y.,..........kept it in the house because I should have won my class.........never do a Jeremy Freeman contest if the other guys in your class train at his gym.

1st. place bench press most reps with bodyweight Over-50 class Rochester N.Y.

Got a few more also,but I`m starting to sound like an Animal Pak ad again so I`ll shutup...too much coffee.AGAIN!  :D

Wow where did ya buy those WES???  just kidding buddie...great accomplishment!
Mr. AZ 2003

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #415 on: January 01, 2014, 01:31:33 PM »
damn,  I trained in a city where there was really no other bodybuilders.   contest prep was always from the magazines (so garbage lies) and there was no internet; so pretty much guess work - and I always guessed wrong
Your physique proves that you guessed pretty good in my book.  :D

Where I live right now,I`m the only person actually bodybuilding.......if I wanted to train with another bodybuilder,it`s 3 hours away in Syracuse.........or 4 hours away in Rochester....at times it`s hard to stay motivated when the only other people in your gym is some old hag with blue hair and wrinkles!  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #416 on: January 01, 2014, 01:32:38 PM »
Thanks brother.....I secretly owned a trophy shop at one time,but don`t tell anyone.

Happy New Year my friend!  ;)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: January 01, 2014, 01:33:53 PM »

haha, there was a guy here that grew up a province over. he honestly went back there and had a trophy maker make him up a first place US open trophy a month after placing fourth at an entry level show.   this was in the 80's, now the internet stops that blatant shit from happening.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #418 on: January 01, 2014, 01:34:31 PM »
My high point.....Me and Wes first and second this day at the  2002 New Englands.
Mike Katz gave us the trophies :)
5'8" 188 ~6% 44 years old

Very nice. Open  or masters?
Mr. AZ 2003

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #419 on: January 01, 2014, 01:34:59 PM »
Your physique proves that you guessed pretty good in my book.  :D

Where I live right now,I`m the only person actually bodybuilding.......if I wanted to train with another bodybuilder,it`s 3 hours away in Syracuse.........or 4 hours away in Rochester....at times it`s hard to stay motivated when the only other people in your gym is some old hag with blue hair and wrinkles!  ;D

but now there's the innernet so you can hire a coach anywhere in the world and send up to the minute pics to him

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #420 on: January 01, 2014, 01:37:36 PM »
Thanks brother.....I secretly owned a trophy shop at one time,but don`t tell anyone.

Happy New Year my friend!  ;)
LMFAO!! Let me see if I can go into the old archive's of mine and join  I. With u riotous old dudes..
Mr. AZ 2003

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #421 on: January 01, 2014, 01:38:48 PM »
haha, there was a guy here that grew up a province over. he honestly went back there and had a trophy maker make him up a first place US open trophy a month after placing fourth at an entry level show.   this was in the 80's, now the internet stops that blatant shit from happening.
I was in a show once where this guy who looked damn good but hardly deserved to place was going nuts backstage.

Fucking guy tells me he lost 60 or 70 pounds of fat prepping as he was a formally a powerlifter in a heavy weight class....anyway,when he failed to place he says to me that he deserved it after all he went through and fuck the judges,he was gonna` steal the first place trophy from the guy who won the class....if he couldn`t steal it he told me he would forcibly take it.

I had to calm the guy down with plenty of lines of bullshit just to stop him....he was a real fucking looneytoon.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #422 on: January 01, 2014, 01:39:40 PM »
LMFAO!! Let me see if I can go into the old archive's of mine and join  I. With u riotous old dudes..
Cool....you`re a beast dude! 

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #423 on: January 01, 2014, 01:40:18 PM »

Happy New Year my friend!  ;)

Happy New years WES....happy you are here.
Mr. AZ 2003

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #424 on: January 01, 2014, 01:40:34 PM »
but now there's the innernet so you can hire a coach anywhere in the world and send up to the minute pics to him
Very true.we had to wait 3 months for a fucking magazine that lied to us.  :(