Author Topic: Lee Haney versus the current crop  (Read 38738 times)

Figo

• Getbig V
Re: Lee Haney versus the current crop
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2013, 11:22:01 AM »

The most amazing thing about lee is that he retired at 32, the same age Dorian & Ronnie won their 1st Olympia. He definitely could've won another 4-8 if he wanted to push it.

It is amazing

He won it all, broke records,  and retired at 32. Gaspari was also young, but came up after haney, yet burned out by 1990. Haney still had more to give, but with the arrival of levrone in 92, then flex in 93, etc and of course dorian stepping up a few gears, one wonders how much more haney could step up, he himself said 91 was tough

Then again, labrada and ray went on to compete and finish top 6 in olympia for a while, so who knows, maybe haney had some in reserve

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2013, 11:25:35 AM »
.i spent some time with gaspari in the mid 90s......total a hole by the way, anyhow, he mentioned that lee was not reckless with the gear, and said that he would never make a comeback, due to the fact that the new guys were using more than he wished to use.

Have you shared stories on gaspari before? Lol, everybody seems to say the same thing

Tell more..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2013, 11:45:57 AM »
It is amazing

He won it all, broke records,  and retired at 32. Gaspari was also young, but came up after haney, yet burned out by 1990. Haney still had more to give, but with the arrival of levrone in 92, then flex in 93, etc and of course dorian stepping up a few gears, one wonders how much more haney could step up, he himself said 91 was tough

Then again, labrada and ray went on to compete and finish top 6 in olympia for a while, so who knows, maybe haney had some in reserve

lee's back was great but kinda soft when being compared to dorian's.. i think if lee had added more size his back would have become softer and would have lacked some details.. sure no one can be sure but i dont think he could beat dorian in 93 or 95..

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2013, 12:19:18 PM »
Have you shared stories on gaspari before? Lol, everybody seems to say the same thing

Tell more..
i am going to send you a pm.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2013, 01:22:00 PM »

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2013, 01:22:31 PM »

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2013, 01:49:44 PM »
NOPE not at the ARNOLD an NOPE not at the Toronto Super show, Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay shorter, actually not even comparable.
in reality it should be that way...heath is mr o
but not at the expo i ent to maybe the english fans are diff but 2 years of that expo coleman had the longest line... by far.. ridiculious
maybe in the states its diff
choice is an illusion

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2013, 02:47:34 PM »
NOPE not at the ARNOLD an NOPE not at the Toronto Super show, Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay shorter, actually not even comparable.

cmon dude I was at the t.o. show Ronnie had plenty of people waiting in line.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2013, 03:35:09 PM »
Lee had that something "extra" during his Reign, comparing Yesterdays guys Vs Todays guys is a Complete Moot point, you look @ Certain Pictures of Lee @ his best and think whao...Unbelievable, then you compare other shots...not so bye TODAYS standards, IMO Lee was a Great BBing Champion...without doubt one of the best of them all, as someone Correctly pointed out in his post...whatever your Generation was/is....as a general rule of thumb that is your "ideal" as who was the best, mine was the tail end of Lee haneys time and the start of Dorian Yates Reign so naturally i see more Positives the Negatives in those ideals over succeeding Generations, who was the best of them all?...pffff....its all in the eye of the Beholder. below was the standard 27-28 YEARS AGO im sure all the other Top 6 these days look alot better in the same shot :-\ oh hang on thats right they are alot "bigger" now.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2013, 04:54:25 PM »
Lee had that something "extra" during his Reign, comparing Yesterdays guys Vs Todays guys is a Compete Moot point, you look @ Certain Pictures of Lee @ his best and think whao...Unbelievable, then you compare other shots...not so bye TODAYS standards, IMO Lee was a Great BBing Champion...without doubt one of the best of them all, as someone Correctly pointed out in his post...whatever your Generation was/is....as a general rule of thumb that is your "ideal" as who was the best, mine was the tail end of Lee haneys time and the start of Dorian Yates Reign so naturally i see more Positives the Negatives in those ideals over succeeding Generations, who was the best of them all?...pffff....its all in the eye of the Beholder. below was the standard 27-28 YEARS AGO im sure all the other Top 6 these days look alot better in the same shot :-\ oh hang on thats right they are alot "bigger" now.

apparently thats whats important, body weight lol

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2013, 04:57:43 PM »

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2013, 06:05:58 PM »

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2013, 06:30:26 PM »

thats what i'm talking about!

how can you not find that physique mind blowing!?

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2013, 06:48:16 PM »
thats what i'm talking about!

how can you not find that physique mind blowing!?

That's why Lee's the man!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2013, 07:56:27 PM »
Good Job Gentlemen, good to see Lee getting his due as the greatest Mr. O of all time.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2013, 08:52:09 PM »
lee and samir are two of the greatest olympia winners of all time.

i    m    h   o

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2013, 10:26:15 PM »
lee and samir are two of the greatest olympia winners of all time.

i    m    h   o

samir should have won in 82 also..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2013, 10:27:23 PM »
haney looks much better!!

no not in all poses,.. in some poses nasser is much better..

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2013, 11:53:59 PM »
no not in all poses,.. in some poses nasser is much better..

Nasser must get his dues, he was very big

Haney may have looked inferior in some poses, but was the better bber. In my opinion, by far, no contest

Have you seen below pic before?

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #169 on: January 19, 2013, 10:35:22 AM »
Nasser must get his dues, he was very big

Haney may have looked inferior in some poses, but was the better bber. In my opinion, by far, no contest

Have you seen below pic before?

ya..