Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 20618 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2011, 09:31:56 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=50544

GAME OF THRONES Season 2 Set Pics From Iceland Featuring Kit Harrington As Jon Snow
Check out these nice locations snaps from Iceland which see "The Bastard" out scouting the frozen wastes beyond The Wall..
Promotion for the second season of Game Of Thrones kicked off last week with a great behind the scenes vid. We know ho0w slowly HBO like to tease this series so although a proper trailer should be with us before too long, don't hold your breath! Until then here are some lovely set pics from the Iceland shoot. As we know at the end of season 1 Jon Snow and his wolf Ghost joined the rest of the Nightswatch as they went beyond the Wall to find out exactly what is going on with the mysterious White Walkers. Here is seems Snow is in tracking mode as he scours the ice for any signs of the creatures and his lost Uncle Benjin..

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2011, 04:52:29 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2011, 05:23:31 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=50599

EXCLUSIVE: Interview With Conan Stevens - Pt 2
Following HBO's Game of Thrones, the imposing actor will be stealing scenes in Spartacus: Vengeance, The Hobbit, and Vikingdom. However, before he was an actor he was a wrestler.

Interview Conducted By: Mark Julian

Here's part two of my chat with actor Conan Stevens. If you missed the first part of the interview, click here.The former wrestler turned actor opens up about that experience and his take on wrestlers entering the acting profession. Plus, he opens up about his interpretation of Thor in Vikingdom and reveals his personal pick between next year's showdown between The Dark Knight Rises and the Avengers.

MARK JULIAN:Before you were an actor, you were in the wrestling industry and if my information is correct, an injury is what ultimately forced you to stop wrestling. Is it safe to say that if you were never injured you never would've pursued acting? And what are your thoughts on the trend of wrestlers turning to Hollywood?

CONAN STEVENS: At the age of 16 I had chosen Professional Wrestling as my vehicle to fame, then I was going to use that fame to cross over into acting. So if I had never had the injury I would have (a) some coin in my pocket 10 years ago - very important when you are living on borrowed money to eat rice and beans, and (b) I would have had a much easier entrance into acting than moving to work my way up through Asia like I did, where at least it was cheap to eat rice.

I'd seen Hulk Hogan start to do movies, those silly kids comedies that he made which, as a wrestling fan I found hugely disappointing. Disappointing? Yes. [But] I watched them. Why? Because the Hulkster was in them.

I came up with this fantastic plan to go to the gym get bigger to become a wrestler (I ended up putting on 85kg) then win the championship belt then use the fame to open doors in Hollywood to do more serious action movies. So even with the injury I have still taken the same path except that I had a 10 years delay during which I fell back on my computer business and I was forced to learn marketing and sales due to the massive competition in that marketplace. I put those advertising and marketing skills into action in my acting career, allowing me to become the biggest unwatched star in the history of the Internet. I've had 2.5 million unique viewers on my personal website and yet almost none have seen any of my work.... yet.

As to my thoughts on the wrestlers trying out for Hollywood, I would say there is a shortage of big bad guys, there is an even bigger a shortage of big guys who can believably act. Wrestling is a time limited income opportunity, you never know when you'll be injured and sidelined for good. You need a second option, preferably something that will allow you to live a similar lifestyle rather than attempting to try to fit back into normal society because as we saw in the movie "The Wrestler" it is very difficult (the movie is so true you would not believe).

This reminds me of something I said to a Japanese Director at a casting interview; She asked me what, besides the obvious, made me different from the others at the casting. I looked at them [and she had a collection of the best martial artists and stunt men from SE Asia in that room] and I said "They are fighters trying to act, I am an actor who can fight." She smiled, nodded and said "Yes, a big difference."

MARK JULIAN: If you could play any comic book character (I feel like you might say THOR b/c of VIKINGDOM) who would it be?

CONAN STEVENS: Funny enough, and this is 100% true, it is Thor. Since I already played Man-Thing I figured that someday they would get around to making a film with the THOR in it, I wanted to play that part. Unfortunately I was not ready when the announcement was made, I did not have enough experience nor the credits to get a look into that. Having watched the start of the film [though] I was disappointed with the direction they seemed to be taking. I would rather have played someone a hell of a lot more angry and a lot more arrogant.

So imagine my surprise when the Producer from VIKINGDOM asked me if I was confident [enough] to play a really angry, violent interpretation of Thor? I laughed and said "Easy."

MARK JULIAN: Being that this is CBM and all, I usually ask all my interviewees this question, 'Next year, there's The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises. Which film are you looking forward to the most?'

CONAN STEVENS: I am interested in very few films these days but what they have done with Batman is great, it goes to show Hollywood they don't need to babify and spoon feed happy family versions of comic book heroes to make money. I mean anyone who enjoys violence and conflict so much so that he seeks it out for free has some serious issues - show it!

Again, The Hobbit portion of our interview will most-likely be posted sometime in early 2012. Oh, and just to give you a frame of reference, see that photo at the bottom of Conan and Peter Jackson? Remember, Peter Jackson is 5'-6".

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2011, 05:27:56 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=50592

EXCLUSIVE: GAME OF THRONE'S Kristian Nairn Tackles Age-Old Fan Boy Topics
Here's the second part of my chat with actor Kristian Nairn, of Game of Thrones fame. Warning, we do some deep sea diving into the realm of comics and comic book movies!
Here's the second part of my interview with Game of Thrones' Hodor (Kristian Nairn) where we discuss some items outside of the hit HBO show. Nairn is a super, huge Thor fan and visits CBM often for all things Thor related. However, he was understandably busy shooting Season 2 of Game of Thrones and missed out on some choice CBM developments so it fell to me to bring him up to speed. If you missed the first part of the interview which was predominantly focused on Game of Thrones, click here. Embrace him CBM community, this guy is definitely one of us!

Interview conducted by: Mark Julian

Kristian Nairn
-Kristian is a huge fan of THOR, you can see his tattoo below
-01:04 The comic book character he'd like to portray on the big screen
-01:38 I break the news to him that ABC's making a HULK Tv show and his excitement is palpable
-02:26 He's also hoping for a WORLD OF WARCRAFT movie and why video game tie-ins to comic book movies are so bad. He's a huge gamer.
-04:07 The movie he's anticipating more in 2012, the AVENGERS or THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
-04:50 This is where we totally start to geek out and discuss HULK vs. THOR
-06:31 We strangely, somehow end up talking about Wonder Woman
-08:07 In closing Kristian says he has a few projects outside of Thrones in development and will be coming Stateside once Season 2 wraps

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2011, 08:49:06 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=50756

Charles Dance Says GAME OF THRONES Season 3 Will Film Next "May Or June", Drops Major Spoiler
The esteemed British actor may have confirmed that we will be at least getting a third season of the excellent HBO Fantasy series. He also reveals a big SPOILER so be warned..

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2011, 05:38:00 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=50934

New GAME OF THRONES Behind The Scenes Vid Sees "The Hound" In Action
The latest vid to be released for the second season of HBO's Fantasy series focuses on stunt and fight coordination and gives us a look at the ferocious Sandor "The Hound" Clegane kicking ass..
This new set vid from HBO is the best yet, giving us a look at some of the brutal and bloody battles and fights we have to look forward to in the upcoming second season. The man doing most of the damage is of course The Hound and there are some great shots of him swinging his sword and hammer. But we also get our first look at the formidable Brienne Of Tarth..well, her back anyway!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2011, 09:49:20 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=51539

Emilia Clarke Talks GAME OF THRONES Season 2; Sex, Dragons & A Darker Path For Dany
A recent report from the set of the second season of the HBO Fantasy series sees the lovely Emilia Clarke hinting that there could be some big changes in store for her character. She also discusses those controversial sex scenes..
Anyone who has watched Game Of Thrones knows that it is not a show for the faint hearted or easily offended. One of the main reasons for this is the very graphic, often animistic sex scenes. One character that has been involved in more scenes of sex and nudity that most is Daenerys Targaryen, the last of her kind and rightful heir to the Iron Throne of Westeros. Canada.com have a very interesting article covering filming of the second season. In it Emilia Clarke discusses those scenes, what may lay in store for Dany, and reveals that those dragons glimpsed at the end of the first season will be quite a bit bigger when we see them again.

Clarke, who found herself at the heart of many of those racy scenes, admits she did a double take when reading some scripts. But she makes no apologies.

``We've been able to take it to a very real level. It was never intended to be a show for kids,'' she says. ``It's gritty in a realistic way.''

Clarke says the strong, ambitious female characters - including Dany - are ``more interesting'' than the men, because it takes such ``guts'' and ``strength'' for them to thrive in the series' archaic, male-oriented world.

Daenerys's story centres on her quest to return home from overseas to re-take her murdered father's stolen throne. But that also means she never gets to film with the rest of the cast.

``Sometimes (I) feel like the kid left out - the weirdo with the silver hair that no one likes to talk to,'' she says. ``There is definitely an element of that. But then, at the same time, that fuels the character, because she is so desperate to get home to where everyone else is.''

The new season will feature more of Daenerys's newly hatched dragons, first glimpsed in the season-finale cliffhanger. ``They're growing bit by bit. . . . (We're) feeding them well,'' she jokes of her computer-generated pets.

``You feel the weight (of responsibility) on her shoulders a lot more in this season,'' Clarke added, noting her character's grand arc in the first season, from helpless girl to burgeoning warrior queen. Will Daenerys go even further down a path of darkness?

``She could be leaning that way,'' she says with a coy smile.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2011, 08:53:27 AM »
One of the few new series i became hooked on, Spartacus being another. I was furious with Ned being killed off and looking so weak (in comparison to his legend and yes i realise he's older) as i had high hopes that he would be the main focus, but then i bought the entire collection of books and it looks very promising for the upcoming series. CAN NOT WAIT!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2011, 07:12:02 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2012, 07:45:28 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2012, 05:42:01 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2012, 03:52:46 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2012, 08:03:37 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2012, 01:42:21 PM »

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »
New season started tonight, what did everyone think?  Things are going to get very very interesting!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2012, 02:42:52 PM »
New season started tonight, what did everyone think?  Things are going to get very very interesting!

It was pretty good. The kids getting tracked down reminded me of what happens when people have loose lips.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2012, 10:07:19 PM »
It was pretty good. The kids getting tracked down reminded me of what happens when people have loose lips.

Joffrey is still a dick  ;D