Author Topic: Anti-LGBT Baker FORCED to bake cakes for Homosexual Weddings?  (Read 91215 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Anti-LGBT Baker FORCED to bake cakes for Homosexual Weddings?
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »
Show me then.

Where's your legal precedence? Someone who uses "your" instead of "you're" is not who I'd expect to know about case law.

You're talking about the civil rights act, but really... Where has that even been brought to court since then?

Business owners in the 60s only did it because white people wouldn't come to their businesses if black people were there... No business owner will deny themselves revenue... If they do, then they are stupid.

This guy is stupid, but he's well within his own rights to do so.

Again, I don't understand why a gay person would WANT to do business with the guy. It's ridiculous.

I wouldn't do business with him based upon this alone.

If I provide  case law showing you cannot refuse service based on color, will you leave Get Big ...again...for 30 days?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2013, 02:05:18 PM »
Show me then.

Where's your legal precedence? Someone who uses "your" instead of "you're" is not who I'd expect to know about case law.

You're talking about the civil rights act, but really... Where has that even been brought to court since then?

Business owners in the 60s only did it because white people wouldn't come to their businesses if black people were there... No business owner will deny themselves revenue... If they do, then they are stupid.

This guy is stupid, but he's well within his own rights to do so.

Again, I don't understand why a gay person would WANT to do business with the guy. It's ridiculous.

I wouldn't do business with him based upon this alone.

it's the law you don't like it to bad,and you're still wrong

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2013, 02:06:58 PM »
it's the law you don't like it to bad,and you're still wrong

What about laws you don't like.   To bad?
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2013, 02:09:12 PM »
And they would quickly go out of business.  End of problem. That customers can't differentiate between the baker and the surrounding businesses only goes to show how dumb the customers are. 

How can a tourist differentiate???....they have no sign on their website or at their building that they don't serve gays and lesbians.  If I had seen the business and not read or heard about it, I would prob walk in there just like anyone else....don't be a fucking dum ass.  

Its not fair for other businesses to lose customers because one business wants to discriminate.  They didn't come up with Civil Rights Acts just to make people feel good...they also did it so other businesses don't have to suffer with loss of revenue because of bigots and assholes.
A

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2013, 02:12:15 PM »
What about laws you don't like.   To bad?

yep, that's right,some times I speed,if I get caught I pay the fine,i don't like it but tooo bad

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2013, 02:13:46 PM »
I bet they have some kind of big friggen cross or related christian  symbol in the store....that might be a tip off to the butt pirates or rug munchers...and as an aside..there are few hot lesbians. They're like the yeti or bigfoot, sure they might exist..but you rarely see one.
L

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2013, 02:14:00 PM »

How can a tourist differentiate???....they have no sign on their website or at their building that they don't serve gays and lesbians.  If I had seen the business and not read or heard about it, I would prob walk in there just like anyone else....don't be a fucking dum ass.  

Its not fair for other businesses to lose customers because one business wants to discriminate.  They didn't come up with Civil Rights Acts just to make people feel good...they also did it so other businesses don't have to suffer with loss of revenue because of bigots and assholes.

How do they differentiate?  Not all the businesses are bakeries for one and secondly most people have smart phones. I doubt a tourist will mistake a dry cleaners for a bakery. It might not be fair, none of it might be fair, but that shouldn't really matter. A lot of things aren't fair.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2013, 02:14:25 PM »
Should lace the cake w anthrax or ricin

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2013, 02:14:59 PM »
yep, that's right,some times I speed,if I get caught I pay the fine,i don't like it but tooo bad

I guess you never advocate changing any laws then.
A

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2013, 02:15:42 PM »
I bet they have some kind of big friggen cross or related christian  symbol in the store....that might be a tip off to the butt pirates or rug munchers...and as an aside..there are few hot lesbians. They're like the yeti or bigfoot, sure they might exist..but you rarely see one.

and maybe they can light it on fire and kill two birds with one stone ;D

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2013, 02:16:40 PM »
good, go to jail,maybe he'll get himself a little homosexual loving  :D :D
ouch!
[literally]
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2013, 02:16:54 PM »
Your gonna look great in prison camp stripes.  ;D
L

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2013, 02:18:29 PM »
How do they differentiate?  Not all the businesses are bakeries for one and secondly most people have smart phones. I doubt a tourist will mistake a dry cleaners for a bakery. It might not be fair, none of it might be fair, but that shouldn't really matter. A lot of things aren't fair.

::)
SmartPhones???  Gimme a break.  That's a fucking cop out, pal.  Just face it, he's in the wrong and no judge is going to side with him.  Public businesses are open to "the public".....if he doesn't like it, tough shit.  
A

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2013, 02:20:07 PM »
Your gonna look great in prison camp stripes.  ;D

just as long as they run  vertical ,to give me that sliming affect ;D

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2013, 02:22:21 PM »
I imagine this was the talk in the 60"s when blacks were getting their rights

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2013, 02:23:07 PM »
My whole life is been in preparation as a camp commandant. I might speak with a fake german accent..for atmosphere. In any event anybody playing the lottery?
L

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2013, 02:23:32 PM »
::)
SmartPhones???  Gimme a break.  That's a fucking cop out, pal.  Just face it, he's in the wrong and no judge is going to side with him.  Public businesses are open to "the public".....if he doesn't like it, tough shit.  

And the fact you assumed people would mistake a bakery for something like a dry cleaners is pure stupidity. Its pretty certain the area isnt wall to wall bakeries.  Only an idiot wouldn't be able to tell the difference.  I look at it this way, an act can be wrong but at the same time shouldn't be made illegal.   People who wave their hands and say tough shit had better be prepared to accept the same rebuttal when its an issue they are concerned with.  
A

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2013, 02:25:42 PM »
Oh yeah....thats why libs are full of shit. They don't want prisons near them, low cost housing, won't send their kids to public schools...allow fags in the military but won't join or allow their kids to join..the list is endless.
L

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2013, 02:25:53 PM »
My whole life is been in preparation as a camp commandant. I might speak with a fake german accent..for atmosphere. In any event anybody playing the lottery?

thanks for the reminder,if I win i'll send you 1000 dollars

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2013, 02:28:05 PM »
And the fact you assumed people would mistake a bakery for something like a dry cleaners is pure stupidity. Its pretty certain the area isnt wall to wall bakeries.  Only an idiot wouldn't be able to tell the difference.  I look at it this way, an act can be wrong but at the same time shouldn't be made illegal.   People who wave their hands and say tough shit had better be prepared to accept the same rebuttal when its an issue they are concerned with.  

if they were refusing blacks would you feel the same way ???

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2013, 02:29:36 PM »
Great...I can by a ......nothing, I can't buy anything with that. I actually had an arguement with my wife over this. I told her that with that amount of money you would absoluley have to have full time security, jumping down to the grocery store would be a major armed convoy op. This isn't winning 10 million. besides the money..I want to just walk into work..naked clucking like a chicken...I'd be out in 30 days or less.
L

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2013, 02:32:00 PM »

Yes, I would feel the same.   It's not personal. If I were the baker, I wouldn't refuse homosexual or blacks because I think it's morally wrong and bad for business.  But at the same time I respect his right not to do business with someone whose behavior he finds morally objectionable.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2013, 02:32:53 PM »
I hope the twinks demanding this get a heart attack and die in the street

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2013, 02:33:42 PM »

Yeah....and he would still want everyone to check their "Smartphone" before entering a business to make sure that it was ok... ::)
A

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2013, 02:34:07 PM »
Yes, I would feel the same.   It's not personal. If I were the baker, I wouldn't refuse homosexual or blacks because I think it's morally wrong and bad for business.  But at the same time I respect his right not to do business with someone whose behavior he finds morally objectionable.

ok, I think some on here are making a big thing because its gays