Author Topic: I Side With LA Fitness - don't slam the weights!  (Read 13013 times)

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
Re: I Side With LA Fitness
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2012, 09:31:24 AM »
I side with LA Fitness on this matter!

A real test of strength is putting the weight slowly back down, like Bill Kazmaier always use to do.

Don't slam the fucking weights!

I was pressing the 125lbs and dropped them. Not slammed, but put them on my knees and dropped them on the floor. My hands never came off. Some bitch at the gym comes over and says can i try not to make so much noise.

Bitch please!!!!  Asked her if she has ever done the 125's??? 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2012, 10:57:07 AM »
Dude,combined weight is far more than I weigh.

Tried your suggestion before though,just couldn`t handle it.................too heavy though when I`m pressing my form is impeccable,all the way up and all the way down.

I also clean the 100`s,while simultaneously flopping back on the bench hoping that I land squarely,if not I`m fucked.
I get that but incline and shoulders can be set on your quads first, flats are more difficult 130 and up I tend to drop.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »
I get that but incline and shoulders can be set on your quads first, flats are more difficult 130 and up I tend to drop.

AGREED!!!!  Doing flat dumbbells, you have to drop them

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2012, 12:14:29 PM »
Agree with the policy of LA Fitness. Always some want-to-be big fish in a little pond (LA Fitness, etc) who tends to make the most noise, seek the most attention or wants everything on his own terms.. Mats, or not, most of those floors (some on the second or third floors) were not designed/reinforced for heavy pounding. The owners/managers have a money investment, heavy insurance contracts and leasing responsibilities; all the price of doing business in the commercial gym industry. Plus an increasing tax rate, which seems to be going up, month by month.

When training, really no good  reason to drop weights, just to prove how heavy they are by the sound they make hitting the floor. Lots can be said for negative control of a weight and the benefits gain by that. Which few BB'ers seem to understand.

If really serious about lifting heavy, there are quite a few PL' ng or Olympic training sites around. They are all equipped for very heavy and abusive lifting. The moment you walk into one, the sounds of plates hitting the floor or PR's, seems to go on forever.

Nice to see there actually are some intelligent posters on getbig that can think for once.  Good post! 

Mawse

• Getbig IV
Re: I Side With LA Fitness - don't slam the weights!
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2012, 01:54:07 PM »
I don't know, 3 plates is a pretty serious amount of weight. No true Iron Warrior is going to risk horrific injury by lowering that kind of mamoth poundage slowly and under control.