Author Topic: Politics Board - Ozmo and Benz  (Read 12479 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Politics Board - Hugo and Benz
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2008, 03:41:15 PM »
You are assuming something about me that's probably incorrect.  Perhaps because you see me as "liberal" and therefore I'd only remove posts from people whom i disagree with.   I think I've demonstrated to you that I pretty much operate based on good principle and have shown at least some integrity regarding my views on politics as i don't summarily dismiss anything conservative or liberal as right or wrong.  I admit short comings of both parties even though i lean somewhat to the left.  And i certainly wouldn't apply my own views, liberal or conservative, in how i moderate the board; even with people i generally dislike.  (Although I have been tempted  ;D)  99% of the time, the only posts i remove are racist or sexists.

I view many posts as stupid and have seen them come from many different people.  The problem with the idea of removing a post that contains a some degree of politics, but is stupid, is that the selection process would be subjective.  240's post about Palin's slutty daughter is relevant to politics just as someone else might see Obama's hidden Muslim agenda as factual.  Rather than arguing each post the forum's natural evolution takes care of it as the thread eventually moves to the 2nd page and is soon forgotten.   If the "stupid" post survives and stays on the 1st page it's because it has generated discussion and therefore adding to the general idea of the forum.

ive never had a problem with you OZ you have always been fair in your moderating that I can see...Ive never had a problem with you as a poster either you are logical and dont subscribe to one idea alone. That however is not the issue lets address the spamming of mindless retarted shit. Now I agree that in theory your principle works just fine, however in practice it leaves a little to be desired. Many ppl not just 240 but MAINLY 240 spams the board with 50+ threads a freaking day the vast majority of which are mindless retarted horse shit topics. Again this may seem fine to you right now b/c he is primarily the only person who does it. If I were to start 50+ threads a day about obama you would have so much spam going on that it would sink the good threads as well.

No problems with you OZMO your a good dude Hugo is by his own admition biased in his moderating and thats why he should not be a mod imho.

everything can be related back to politics i could have started a thread about jane skinner the fox correspondent being married to roger goodell and bumped it into oblivion which i was told would be ok by hugo...I see your point about the subjective process but that doesnt mean you guys should let everything that is remotely politically related pass...Id rather see stricter guidelines and even handed moderating than anarchy where anything goes and we will hope everything works itself out.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2008, 04:20:52 PM »
ive never had a problem with you OZ you have always been fair in your moderating that I can see...Ive never had a problem with you as a poster either you are logical and dont subscribe to one idea alone. That however is not the issue lets address the spamming of mindless retarted shit. Now I agree that in theory your principle works just fine, however in practice it leaves a little to be desired. Many ppl not just 240 but MAINLY 240 spams the board with 50+ threads a freaking day the vast majority of which are mindless retarted horse shit topics. Again this may seem fine to you right now b/c he is primarily the only person who does it. If I were to start 50+ threads a day about obama you would have so much spam going on that it would sink the good threads as well.

No problems with you OZMO your a good dude Hugo is by his own admition biased in his moderating and thats why he should not be a mod imho.

everything can be related back to politics i could have started a thread about jane skinner the fox correspondent being married to roger goodell and bumped it into oblivion which i was told would be ok by hugo...I see your point about the subjective process but that doesnt mean you guys should let everything that is remotely politically related pass...Id rather see stricter guidelines and even handed moderating than anarchy where anything goes and we will hope everything works itself out.
You make some good points about the need for stricter guidelines in relation to really stupid threads.  Tell you what, next time one comes up PM me and i'll look closely at it.  I'm on most everyday, but there are periods of a few days here and there that i won't be on.   My intention is to avoid over-modding(Think of it as a less-government approach  ;D), but you bring up some good reasons to remove some threads.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2008, 04:23:34 PM »
You make some good points about the need for stricter guidelines in relation to really stupid threads.  Tell you what, next time one comes up PM me and i'll look closely at it.  I'm on most everyday, but there are periods of a few days here and there that i won't be on.   My intention is to avoid over-modding(Think of it as a less-government approach  ;D), but you bring up some good reasons to remove some threads.

LOL i saw that analogy coming...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2008, 04:40:36 PM »
You are assuming something about me that's probably incorrect.  Perhaps because you see me as "liberal" and therefore I'd only remove posts from people whom i disagree with.   I think I've demonstrated to you that I pretty much operate based on good principle and have shown at least some integrity regarding my views on politics as i don't summarily dismiss anything conservative or liberal as right or wrong.  I admit short comings of both parties even though i lean somewhat to the left.  And i certainly wouldn't apply my own views, liberal or conservative, in how i moderate the board; even with people i generally dislike.  (Although I have been tempted  ;D)  99% of the time, the only posts i remove are racist or sexists.

I view many posts as stupid and have seen them come from many different people.  The problem with the idea of removing a post that contains a some degree of politics, but is stupid, is that the selection process would be subjective.  240's post about Palin's slutty daughter is relevant to politics just as someone else might see Obama's hidden Muslim agenda as factual.  Rather than arguing each post the forum's natural evolution takes care of it as the thread eventually moves to the 2nd page and is soon forgotten.   If the "stupid" post survives and stays on the 1st page it's because it has generated discussion and therefore adding to the general idea of the forum.

Always hardcore OZ... 8)
I hate the State.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2008, 03:29:41 PM »

And i dont think you would be able to fight, do the math, 10 sockets open, all with a delay of 45 seconds, between each one and cycling after last socket close, hell yeah i dont think you can beat that little homo :)

your nuts