Author Topic: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.  (Read 164159 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #1050 on: February 22, 2012, 09:53:58 AM »
All Vince has to do to improve his build immensely,is to diet down,do lots of cardio,and train his entire body with moderate poundages.

For a guy that owns his own gym,he could do this in 60 minutes a day or less,for 5 days of the week.

This takes a lot of comittment,much more than a pipe dream of just building arm size that is mostly just useless adipose tissue.

I`d rather be small and lean with a 14 inch muscular arm than overweight and soft with a fat 20 inch arm.

Fuck all the ridiculous training theories,just train hard,eat right,and do some walking on a fucking treadmill.

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
« Reply #1051 on: February 22, 2012, 09:58:58 AM »
excellent post!
H

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #1052 on: February 22, 2012, 10:00:41 AM »
All Vince has to do to improve his build immensely,is to diet down,do lots of cardio,and train his entire body with moderate poundages.

For a guy that owns his own gym,he could do this in 60 minutes a day or less,for 5 days of the week.

This takes a lot of comittment,much more than a pipe dream of just building arm size that is mostly just useless adipose tissue.

I`d rather be small and lean with a 14 inch muscular arm than overweight and soft with a fat 20 inch arm.

Fuck all the ridiculous training theories,just train hard,eat right,and do some walking on a fucking treadmill.

x2
#

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1053 on: February 22, 2012, 10:09:04 AM »
x2
X fucking 3....you know it makes sense !

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1054 on: February 22, 2012, 10:55:20 AM »
I was back on track and close to 18 inch arms again last week. However, my lower forearms that do the pronation are tender. It is from the lying triceps extensions because the hands are facing downwards during the movement. Never had this problem before. I still think I can improve but it isn't easy growing bigger arms than ever because of the niggling injuries and tenderness. Don't you guys laugh. When you hit 50 you start falling apart. You need glasses for reading and can get sunburned in the summer for the first time. At 60 you have more problems and worry about hair loss and muscle tone. By the late 60s you will find it hard to get motivated to train consistently. Then the niggling pains here and there when you go heavier. These weren't there up to 35. You can't do bench press heavy and worry about your gut. Not a nice thing this ageing. I have shown to myself and some gym members that it is possible to get big, hard arms at my age. For that I am very pleased.

I haven't reached the level aimed for re arm size so I haven't got to the second level. It is still possible but now I know it will take longer than I thought.

Here is a photo taken about a week ago.

At least now you are willing to admit getting old plays a factor, a detrimental one, in muscle hyupertrophy. Hopefully it won't be long, if you don't give up, which you probably will, that you will also begin to realize that when you are old your body does not produce the hormones necessary, e.g., hgh/testosterone, for muscle hypertrophy.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #1055 on: February 22, 2012, 10:56:55 AM »
At least now you are willing to admit getting old plays a factor, a detrimental one, in muscle hyupertrophy. Hopefully it won't be long, if you don't give up, which you probably will, that you will also begin to realize that when you are old your body does not produce the hormones necessary, e.g., hgh/testosterone, for muscle hypertrophy.

you finally starting to see the light

vince is the most delusional idiot on here

fact
T

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1056 on: February 22, 2012, 11:02:43 AM »
The man is not an idiot. He had his time and now itīs time to train for his age. .as i do at 45. his claims made me also laugh.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1057 on: February 22, 2012, 11:10:03 AM »
Wes teaching the younger bodybuilder Vince a lesson in this thread.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1058 on: February 22, 2012, 11:11:56 AM »
I still dont get it? "Fist pump" maybe  ???

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • when you go scat you never come back ;)
« Reply #1059 on: February 22, 2012, 11:14:22 AM »
What nonsense. I trained for 12 years before using a couple of Dianabol tablets per day for a couple of months. I didn't grow much on the Dbol.

Here is a photo taken in 1964.

Boundary Breaker

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1060 on: February 22, 2012, 11:15:17 AM »
yes Wes has a vast knowledge of training.

the trainer

« Reply #1061 on: February 22, 2012, 11:16:12 AM »
At the age of 69 its much better to lose some weight and not worry about 18inch arms, your joints will thank you for that.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1062 on: February 22, 2012, 11:20:33 AM »
At the age of 69 its much better to lose some weight and not worry about 18inch arms, your joints will thank you for that.
YES...

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1063 on: February 22, 2012, 11:24:44 AM »

Correct

But that entails hard-work

Flotsam eating with some flotsam training, basically adding adipose to adipose is easier

Benfatto is in his mid50s now, age is no excuse
Vince taylor
Robby
Labrada

With your OWN GYM ! FFS...

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #1064 on: February 22, 2012, 11:39:45 AM »

x2.  For all the time he spends builting these piston powered rape dungeon chairs, he can grab some dumbbells or exercise bands as well as pedal an exercise bike for 30 minutes a day. 
A

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1065 on: February 22, 2012, 11:40:44 AM »

how big are your arms?
Boundary Breaker

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #1066 on: February 22, 2012, 11:41:24 AM »
What nonsense. I trained for 12 years before using a couple of Dianabol tablets per day for a couple of months. I didn't grow much on the Dbol.

Here is a photo taken in 1964.

Just get on the sauce already for fuck sake. All you've done is harden up an arm. Big deal. My granddad was a farmer. Rock hard arms into his 70's. Never touched a weight in his life. Big legs too. It's genes. You haven't achieved anything since September 2011 when you started this.

If you're hell-bent on teaching the flotsam something, show us how to safely build a good physique with intelligent and minimal drug use. Because watching you fumble around and fuck up is painful. If you really want to stay on this idiotic path, read the post Wes made above and get yourself on that treadmill.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1067 on: February 22, 2012, 12:16:55 PM »
how big are your arms?
Bigger than yours I`d bet!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1068 on: February 22, 2012, 12:21:06 PM »

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1069 on: February 22, 2012, 12:28:35 PM »
Bigger than yours I`d bet!

You don't wanna bet and lose your walker, grandpa. Arms are my very best bodypart  ;) 8)
Boundary Breaker

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1070 on: February 22, 2012, 12:48:39 PM »
You don't wanna bet and lose your walker, grandpa. Arms are my very best bodypart  ;) 8)
::)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1071 on: February 22, 2012, 03:35:26 PM »
No wonder I call most here the flotsam. No clue at all about hypertrophy. First of all no way I am using hormone replacement, vitamins or supplements of any kind. That was part of the experiment: to see if the body would produce enough to generate hypertrophy. Yes, to a marked degree the body does this if you trigger hypertrophy in a regular way.

When I started bodybuilding back in 1958 the belief then was that Mr Universes were musclebound. It was believed that carrying massive muscles into old age was neither healthy or desirable. So we all told ourselves that when we got over 60 we would cut back on our bodyweight and listen to the doctors. Well, this board is Gebig, not live happily ever after looking like a swimmer. To heck with that. I have always wanted to have larger muscles. So, I endeavoured to see if that could be accomplished at my age. Well, it isn't so easy because of the darn injuries. The hypertrophy mechanism is functioning as it did when I was younger. It seems even better now because my workouts trigger more growth. The problems appear as the size increases to the point where heavy resistance is required to stimulate further growth. This is not so easy to overcome and is frustrating.

I am talking about actual physical processes and potential so spare me the lame advice about what to do re my physique.
I am impressive for my age when I am out and about. No doubt about that at all.

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #1072 on: February 22, 2012, 03:42:32 PM »
And I thought goodrum was delusional. Basile you fat fuck you've lost your marbles.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1073 on: February 22, 2012, 03:48:17 PM »

Vince,not bashing and you had a very good physique back in the day,but at your age,and this is just an opinion from one of the resident flotsam,you should lean out and go for a more muscular appearance rather than just meaningless size intermingled with fat.

I`m sure you remember Claude Rigon and James Karas,and Elliot Gilchrist.......I`ve competed in shows with those guys and they all looked great for their respective ages and were all pretty lithe and lean looking.

I know you don`t care to hear the truth,so strap yourself back into your flux capacitator for phase # 106.

:(

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #1074 on: February 22, 2012, 07:46:48 PM »
No wonder I call most here the flotsam. No clue at all about hypertrophy. First of all no way I am using hormone replacement, vitamins or supplements of any kind. That was part of the experiment: to see if the body would produce enough to generate hypertrophy. Yes, to a marked degree the body does this if you trigger hypertrophy in a regular way.

When I started bodybuilding back in 1958 the belief then was that Mr Universes were musclebound. It was believed that carrying massive muscles into old age was neither healthy or desirable. So we all told ourselves that when we got over 60 we would cut back on our bodyweight and listen to the doctors. Well, this board is Gebig, not live happily ever after looking like a swimmer. To heck with that. I have always wanted to have larger muscles. So, I endeavoured to see if that could be accomplished at my age. Well, it isn't so easy because of the darn injuries. The hypertrophy mechanism is functioning as it did when I was younger. It seems even better now because my workouts trigger more growth. The problems appear as the size increases to the point where heavy resistance is required to stimulate further growth. This is not so easy to overcome and is frustrating.

I am talking about actual physical processes and potential so spare me the lame advice about what to do re my physique.

ROAR OUT FUCKEN LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone is an expert in the Irongame!

THE BEEF