Author Topic: Figure Olympia - Who will prevail?  (Read 25654 times)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: Figure Olympia - Who will prevail?
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2007, 05:41:26 AM »
.  We don't think the industry is silly and we believe that figure and fitness competitors are among the top athletes in the world, and deserve to be treated (and compensated)

Umm, no offence to you or anyone - but no way.

It goes for both, but especially for figure let's be real here - just no way at all. I see no comparison to stepping onstage in a glittery suit and turning around four times [lets be frank here that is what happens] to Asafa Powell running the 100 in sub 10secs, Michael Jordan dunking from the the free throw line, Nadia Comăneci's 10 point uneven bar routine or even the Kenyans hitting their marathon world records.

Sorry to appear condescending, not my intent I myself compete, but figure simply does not have the awe inspiring ability of say the Superbowl, nor the fan base in general to even begin to dream of getting the compensation similar to top world athletes.
________________________ ________________________ _

Edit: May I interrupt this thread with my brutal spam plz ;D

Since we have a few photographers in this thread back and forthing, I was wondering if any of you could take 2 mins plz and share your knowledge by providing a tip or two to the Mr.Getbig entrants on how to best photograph themselves for the 'show'.

Here is the thread:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=169955.0

</end spam> ;D

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2007, 08:00:32 AM »
1. Well, of course there is the ever looming dark cloud of JM Management or Fitness Management Group or whatever it's called. At best this is an unbecoming impropriety that casts doubts on fairness in judging. At worst this is a conflict of interest for a non profit and a law suit waiting to happen. (What you think Denny? You are a big shot lawyer. Can you see $ signs before you eyes.)

It's got everything. Sex. Politics. Everything but one key ingredient. Denny Crane. I'm in.
Denny Crane. Denny Crane.

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2007, 08:10:10 AM »
Internet Tough guy Mouseketeers is right...here "puss puss puss wuss"
Tivo me.

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2007, 12:16:43 PM »
"Dodge JC"...that's beyond rich. 

Money.

Conor

• Getbig II
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2007, 07:28:20 PM »
If I do agree to 'meet him at the Expo', chances are he'll be wearing an 'Affliction' t-shirt.  

Haha.. nice. Glad I'm not the only one to notice the standard-issue Affliction tshirts.

PS - this thread rules

rzzsl

• Getbig I
« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2007, 04:33:54 PM »
1 Valerie Waugamen
2 Amber Littlejohn
3 Jenny Lynn
4 Monica Brant
5 Natilie Benson
6 Mary Lado
7 Latisha wilder
8 Amanda Savell
9 Gina Aliotti
10 Jennifer Gates

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2007, 04:40:23 PM »
Gina will be a threat to the top 5 and looking like she did at the TOC - top 3.

She'll follow it up with a top spot in West Palm two weeks later.
Elevate Your Image.™

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2007, 05:11:07 PM »

Am I the only one here in love with Lado?

Just aksin'...

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2007, 05:55:04 PM »
She is a gorgeous athlete and a wonderful person.  ;)

It's just on the Olympia stage it would great to see some more muscle.

rzzsl

• Getbig I
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2007, 06:00:37 PM »
 I disagree even though Gina does look good I cant see her cracking the top 5.This is the Olympia the best of the best,not the Toc. Where the field wasnt the strongest.Anyway maybe next year after a few of these girls call it quits.We will see in a few days

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2007, 06:21:40 PM »
I disagree even though Gina does look good I cant see her cracking the top 5.This is the Olympia the best of the best,not the Toc. Where the field wasnt the strongest.Anyway maybe next year after a few of these girls call it quits.We will see in a few days
I'll put money on her cracking the top 6. She is one of the most polished, poised comeptitors on stage. She can hold her own on any stage. The TOC was just a lil warm up for the big dance.  ;D
Elevate Your Image.™

rzzsl

• Getbig I
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2007, 08:00:12 PM »
Isaac originally you predicted Gina to be 7th.Now you guarantee her cracking the 6 spot. Who are you switching her up for? Or are you just betting JM has his girl in the top 6 for next years qualification.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2007, 08:18:46 PM »
Isaac originally you predicted Gina to be 7th.Now you guarantee her cracking the 6 spot. Who are you switching her up for? Or are you just betting JM has his girl in the top 6 for next years qualification.
After seeing Gina at the TOC I changed my mind, pretty simple.

Elevate Your Image.™

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2007, 08:28:02 PM »

I've never met Gina and I don't think I've even seen her off-stage, but what I saw ONstage at the 2006 Colorado Pro left me pretty much speechless, especially when one of the other observers remarked at how young she is.     

She may not win the title this year, but mark these words - Gina Aliotti is a future Figure Olympia champion.  I don't think it's at all a stretch to say that she has one of the top 5-6 physiques in the game.  The only way I'd move her down is if *every* one of the best physiques in the pro fitness division decided to cross over to figure.     

She's a great one in the making, folks.  Again, I've never met her, so my opinion on this is completely unbiased.

rzzsl

• Getbig I
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2007, 08:31:43 PM »
Your entitled to change your mind,but I think you will be suprised she doesnt crack the top 5.It doesnt matter anyway she will still be doing this next year and her face will be even more jacked up than it is now.I cant believe shes only 23.And you Isaac will still kissing whoever ass you can,and will probally be about 15 lbs heavier.I seen you recently it looks like you are getting fatter. :)

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2007, 08:40:15 PM »
Your entitled to change your mind,but I think you will be suprised she doesnt crack the top 5.It doesnt matter anyway she will still be doing this next year and her face will be even more jacked up than it is now.I cant believe shes only 23.And you Isaac will still kissing whoever ass you can,and will probally be about 15 lbs heavier.I seen you recently it looks like you are getting fatter. :)

Ouch Isaac! It's your turn  ;)
M

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2007, 09:18:07 PM »
Oh how lovely. I have someone who knows me. WEEEE.

You seen me? You mean you saw me. My, my, I'm flattered. It's not 15 it's about 20lbs but you were close. Winter is quickly approaching and it gets a little cold here in Denver. My winter coat is needed, but feel free to keep track of my weight into the spring when I shed my coat. You should be up to 10 posts by then.

Now what does my weight have anything to do with Gina and her doing well this weekend? Care to wager Gina placing in the top 6 this weekend or are you afraid you'll have to pay up and expose yourself and your weak gimmick account?

Elevate Your Image.™

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #117 on: September 25, 2007, 09:21:46 PM »
That's not even worth a response  ::).

Krissy C.

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #118 on: September 25, 2007, 10:23:11 PM »
Oh how lovely. I have someone who knows me. WEEEE.

You seen me? You mean you saw me. My, my, I'm flattered. It's not 15 it's about 20lbs but you were close. Winter is quickly approaching and it gets a little cold here in Denver. My winter coat is needed, but feel free to keep track of my weight into the spring when I shed my coat. You should be up to 10 posts by then.

Now what does my weight have anything to do with Gina and her doing well this weekend? Care to wager Gina placing in the top 6 this weekend or are you afraid you'll have to pay up and expose yourself and your weak gimmick account?

Hi Isaac :)!
No worries my friend.  I am in the same boat as you-it is now offseason and I am enjoying myself training hard and putting on some muscle for next competition season-looking a little plumper..LOL  Troy said I have thiggles and he loves it :)! Thiggles=thick (but a good thick) + jiggles (more curves that have some bouce)...LOL
Krissy Chin BS, MSPT
IFBB PRO

Malibu Barbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2007, 01:56:30 AM »
Hi Isaac :)!
No worries my friend.  I am in the same boat as you-it is now offseason and I am enjoying myself training hard and putting on some muscle for next competition season-looking a little plumper..LOL  Troy said I have thiggles and he loves it :)! Thiggles=thick (but a good thick) + jiggles (more curves that have some bouce)...LOL

Krissy that is one of the cutest replies I have ever read on this board. You sound like a wonderful person. Troy is one lucky man with your new found "more bounce to your ounce". ;)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2007, 04:34:23 AM »

::)

rzzsl

• Getbig I
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2007, 05:19:51 AM »
Isaac what are you a english professor now?Listen Isaac everyone on here knows your a ass kisser.You were a wannabe bodybuilder when you competed the 1 time. Then you were a web designer,were you have more past clients because you never update anyones sites.Now you take pictures for a living, a wannabe Terry Goodlad.
As far as making a wager you dont have enough money to place a wager.See with my net worth of close to 25 million dollars the only thing I would wager is $500,000 and up. Not the $50 bucks you are talking about.So if you really want to get it on, go get your money together,but dont forget these judges could be bought.And I might have them in my pocket already.So go take some more pictures of Krissy tell her how wonderful she is,and lets watch her face transform also in the next year.Because she will never do anything as a pro.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2007, 05:28:40 AM »
Isaac what are you a english professor now?Listen Isaac everyone on here knows your a ass kisser.You were a wannabe bodybuilder when you competed the 1 time. Then you were a web designer,were you have more past clients because you never update anyones sites.Now you take pictures for a living, a wannabe Terry Goodlad.
As far as making a wager you dont have enough money to place a wager.See with my net worth of close to 25 million dollars the only thing I would wager is $500,000 and up. Not the $50 bucks you are talking about.So if you really want to get it on, go get your money together,but dont forget these judges could be bought.And I might have them in my pocket already.So go take some more pictures of Krissy tell her how wonderful she is,and lets watch her face transform also in the next year.Because she will never do anything as a pro.

Now you'll never become a real boy   :-\

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2007, 05:44:42 AM »
You sound like a bear. I shoot bears. It's okay; I'm an ex-Marine. I was a trained sniper. Or was I a pilot? I can't remember. Anyway, I'm more of a skeet shooter now.

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #124 on: September 26, 2007, 05:58:32 AM »
See with my net worth of close to 25 million dollars the only thing I would wager is $500,000 and up. Not the $50 bucks you are talking about.
Troubling thing about America. Anybody can grow up and be rich.  I should preface this by saying that I'm so far up the ass of big business I view the world as one giant colon.

You sound like the skinny shit that goes by 1fast400.

Denny Crane.