Author Topic: Positive Thoughts to Phil Heaths And his Wife , diagnosed with Breast Cancer  (Read 12817 times)

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
Cancer sucks.   I've lost loved ones in my family to it.   I've witnessed with my own eyes strong healthy individuals be eaten away to Cancer.   At some point in the future Cancer will be beat.  I'm sure of it. 
know the feeling . lost my uncle in braincancer. whatching a man going from a strong proud father to a man that even cant change his own diaper  is hard.

lyquid

• Getbig III
Another fat cheque to the medical doctors and government with surgery and medications.

http://www.nomj.ca/2010/09/01/phd-student-unravels-mystery-of-flaxseed-oil.html

And this isn't new either women for yrs have been talking about completely curing advanced breast cancer n women's cancers with flax.

Alison Buckner, a PhD student at Laurentian University, is conducting research on the effects of flaxseed oil on cancer cells.

Allison Buckner, a PhD student at Laurentian University, has confirmed the cancer-fighting properties of flaxseed oil in experiments at Sudbury Regional Hospital’s Cancer Centre laboratory.”When we applied flaxseed oil to malignant cells, we saw a reduction in cellular growth regardless of cell type or species,” said Buckner. “We tested it in six malignant cell lines, including breast cancer, cervical cancer and melanoma (with the same results).”Then we tested it in non-malignant cells and found that the flaxseed oil either increased cellular growth or had no effect at all, so we saw opposite effects depending on whether it was a malignant or non-malignant cell.”

The flaxseed oil induced apoptosis, or cell suicide, in the malignant cells.

“It wasn’t just that the cells were filling with flaxseed oil and bursting,” said Buckner. “They were actually receiving signals from the flaxseed oil telling them to stop proliferating and die.”

Buckner is working on a PhD in Biomolecular Science. Her interest in flaxseed oil was aroused as a result of a science fair project by two Sudbury high school students who sought help from her PhD supervisor, Dr. Robert Lafrenie, a career scientist and laboratory director at Sudbury Regional’s Cancer Program.

Cancer cells

They combined various antioxidants, including Vitamin E, Vitamin C and flaxseed oil with chemotherapy drugs and found that only the flaxseed oil reduced the growth of breast cancer cells.

Buckner was intrigued, and decided to continue where they left off.

“We experimented with six other oils that had a similar composition, including rapeseed oil, canola oil and sunflower oil, but we only found an effect with the flaxseed oil,” said Buckner.

The canola and sunflower oil had no effect despite having the same percentage of Omega-3 fatty acids as flaxseed oil, leaving Buckner with the conclusion that it’s a combination of different components that’s responsible for its cancer-fighting properties.

Buckner spent three months with scientists in the chemistry lab at NRCan’s Great Lakes Forestry Centre in Sault Ste. Marie to learn about the chemistry of flaxseed oil.

The goal now is to understand exactly which components are responsible for its cancer-fighting properties and how they impact on malignant cells.

“We have ideas, but we’re not at the point of confidently saying what it is,” said Buckner. “The next step is to optimize the flaxseed oil and make our own drug. Then, we’ll take that drug and look at it in an animal model next year.”

Buckner, who was born and raised in Sudbury and has both a BSc and an MSc in Biology from Laurentian University, takes flaxseed oil herself and doesn’t hesitate to promote its therapeutic benefits to one and all, including her father, who has cancer.

“We’re hoping to encourage people to introduce flaxseed oil into their diets both as a preventive treatment and as a treatment itself,” she said.

Flaxseed oil can be consumed as a salad oil, but its slightly unpleasant smell makes capsules the preferred means of ingestion. It’s widely available in health food stores and consumed by millions for its therapeutic effects on cardiovascular disease, diabetes and obesity, but very little research has been done on its effectiveness as a cancer drug.

The seeds themselves contain high levels of dietary fiber and are also widely consumed for their laxative and cholesterol-fighting properties, especially when ground up. In fact, Espanola Regional Hospital and Health Centre was recognized as a finalist at the Innovations in Health Care Expo in Toronto last year for a natural bowel care program that adds ground flaxseeds to food prepared in the hospital kitchen. However, “you only get a minimal amount of oil by ingesting seeds,” so both capsules and ground flaxseeds are the way to go, said Buckner.

Dr. Pablo Cano, an oncologist at Sudbury Regional Hospital, has taken an interest in Buckner’s research and encourages patients to incorporate flaxseed oil into their diets, said Lafrenie.

But natural products and supplements can have deleterious effects, so cancer patients should always check with their oncologist before taking anything, he added.

Buckner plans to write her PhD thesis on the cancer-fighting effects of flaxseed oil and hopes to focus her career on research related to natural products and their effects on cancer.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
isnt phil heath abusing hgh and steroids on a daily basis? the irony.

he never took any drugs.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
isnt phil heath abusing hgh and steroids on a daily basis? the irony.
i think he only does a cycle before the olympia

off the juice 9 months a year

viking1

• Getbig V

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Glad to hear she caught it early. Get your body into an Alkaline state as fast as possible.

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
there is NO HOPE in the traditional cancer-treatment methods. hospitals kill you and laugh all the way to the bank (NOT A JOKE).

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Phillip Heath
Update: she's cancer free now and is under going breast construction. Great news for our family as now she will be ok for good. I want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, I truly appreciate you all for them.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Phillip Heath
Update: she's cancer free now and is under going breast construction. Great news for our family as now she will be ok for good. I want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, I truly appreciate you all for them.

This is awesome news,  :)

Nails

• Getbig V
 8 minutes ago

Hey everyone. I wanted to share with you an update on my wife's condition after double mastectomy and reconstruction. Shortly after her surgery in April, my Wife acquired an infection which has created a huge health concern. She is now back in the hospital about to yet again for the third time this year have surgery but now to remove the infectious disease.

Words cannot express my sadness, pain, anger and frustration, but looking into my Wife's eyes and seeing her being cool I can only do the same. She's gone through enough but I know that Gods Plan never fails so I continue to pray for her peace & wellness. Bodybuilding means nothing I mean absolutely nothing without her in this as she's an amazing woman. I appreciate you all for listening and for your on-going support. I've enclosed her fb post which gives more detail.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Best wishes and a speedy recovery to Jennie.

"1"

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
All the best for Jennie and the rest of her family :)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
My heart goes out to them, best wishes to their entire family.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
  Get well soon

Rudee

• Getbig V
Cancer sucks.  Kudos to anybody who fights it and wins. 

Purge_WTF

Prayer spoken. She'll be alright.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
To the Heath's, speedy recovery and cancer free!

Nails

• Getbig V
Hey Guys. After receiving so many positive comments pertaining to my wife Jennie's condition, we wanted to post an update.

This is from Jennie Heath -

So it's day three after surgery and I got to wake up in my own bed! Everything went as well as expected in surgery. They removed all of my reconstructed right side. I hope this is not TMI, but it is easier to write it than speak the words. So back in April after the double Mastectomy I had a few issues with the right side. Which ironically was the healthy side. In May they redid that side and shortly after received a pathology report stating that I had traces of two very rare bacteria's. not only did I never get to see or hear about these results....I never received treatment for them. I was basically fighting what I was told was an "infection" that I had no chance to heal from. I would wake up every morning and feel worse and watch my surgery site get worse every day as well. Waking up from surgery with one breast was very emotional, but in some strange way I felt so much relief that finally everyday I would start to feel better. I had to have a PICC line put in so that I can administer IV meds to myself three times a day for 6 weeks. After that I have 6 months of oral meds to finally kill this off!! I can then have surgery to start an expander, then hopefully a few months later try the reconstruct again. My NEW Dr is saying to look at about 1 year. Not what I want to hear but I trust him. I can tell that this chapter of breast cancer is changing me from the inside as well as now the outside. When I was diagnosed and treated all I was worried about was keeping my hair (of course), my skin if possible, and obviously no chemo or radiation! Well i won! I'm cancer free! I had skin sparing! I was "normal" again!!! So how am I going to deal with not "normal" now?? Especially surrounded by my husbands career? The most perfect beautiful people?? It became a mental battle between health and vanity... Even leaving the hospital one of my first stops was to try and find a prosthesis. I found several, but after fresh surgery it is to painful to cover anything. I finally got fed up! I have always cared too much about what other people think! I was trying to hide what happened and figure out how to make people around me comfortable with my new look! Last night Mike, Dillon, Sammy, Lilliana, Alina, and Sean took me to the movies and I couldn't have felt more normal! I needed to feel like me and forget reality for awhile. It was there that i had one of those Ahh Ha moments... My husband and son have been more supportive than I could ever imagine, And i am surrounded by the best friends and family a girl could ask for.The people who love me will embrace the new and imperfect version of me( and my sick sense of humor) And the others can look the other way! I am healthy! I am cancer free! And I feel more secure than I think I ever have! I can not believe the amount of support that we have received from the Bodybuilding community!! There is no way that I could possibly respond to all of the messages people have sent, but know that I have read everyone of them and thank you all for your kind words and support! It has not been easy for us with Phil traveling around the world during all of this, but his season is over and he is going to be home for awhile now! Looking ahead I'm sure there will be a lot of highs and lows, but as for today.....I'm happy! God is good!! And if my story helps one person... I will go through it ten more times!!! Early detection STILL saved my life!!!! Have an amazing day! XOXO

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
Unless a grapefruit gets cancer and Kai posts about it, Phil's going to win now

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Hey Guys. After receiving so many positive comments pertaining to my wife Jennie's condition, we wanted to post an update.

This is from Jennie Heath -

So it's day three after surgery and I got to wake up in my own bed! Everything went as well as expected in surgery. They removed all of my reconstructed right side. I hope this is not TMI, but it is easier to write it than speak the words. So back in April after the double Mastectomy I had a few issues with the right side. Which ironically was the healthy side. In May they redid that side and shortly after received a pathology report stating that I had traces of two very rare bacteria's. not only did I never get to see or hear about these results....I never received treatment for them. I was basically fighting what I was told was an "infection" that I had no chance to heal from. I would wake up every morning and feel worse and watch my surgery site get worse every day as well. Waking up from surgery with one breast was very emotional, but in some strange way I felt so much relief that finally everyday I would start to feel better. I had to have a PICC line put in so that I can administer IV meds to myself three times a day for 6 weeks. After that I have 6 months of oral meds to finally kill this off!! I can then have surgery to start an expander, then hopefully a few months later try the reconstruct again. My NEW Dr is saying to look at about 1 year. Not what I want to hear but I trust him. I can tell that this chapter of breast cancer is changing me from the inside as well as now the outside. When I was diagnosed and treated all I was worried about was keeping my hair (of course), my skin if possible, and obviously no chemo or radiation! Well i won! I'm cancer free! I had skin sparing! I was "normal" again!!! So how am I going to deal with not "normal" now?? Especially surrounded by my husbands career? The most perfect beautiful people?? It became a mental battle between health and vanity... Even leaving the hospital one of my first stops was to try and find a prosthesis. I found several, but after fresh surgery it is to painful to cover anything. I finally got fed up! I have always cared too much about what other people think! I was trying to hide what happened and figure out how to make people around me comfortable with my new look! Last night Mike, Dillon, Sammy, Lilliana, Alina, and Sean took me to the movies and I couldn't have felt more normal! I needed to feel like me and forget reality for awhile. It was there that i had one of those Ahh Ha moments... My husband and son have been more supportive than I could ever imagine, And i am surrounded by the best friends and family a girl could ask for.The people who love me will embrace the new and imperfect version of me( and my sick sense of humor) And the others can look the other way! I am healthy! I am cancer free! And I feel more secure than I think I ever have! I can not believe the amount of support that we have received from the Bodybuilding community!! There is no way that I could possibly respond to all of the messages people have sent, but know that I have read everyone of them and thank you all for your kind words and support! It has not been easy for us with Phil traveling around the world during all of this, but his season is over and he is going to be home for awhile now! Looking ahead I'm sure there will be a lot of highs and lows, but as for today.....I'm happy! God is good!! And if my story helps one person... I will go through it ten more times!!! Early detection STILL saved my life!!!! Have an amazing day! XOXO
She is a warrior

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
Looks like a really nice couple. Hopefully she can beat this.

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
See, see the DOC was right. Breast CA nowadays can be easily treated if caught early. Glad to hear the good news!!

Health would not be that stupid not to have heath insurance, so there should be no financial burden.

DOC
Lift, fuck, make money

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
See, see the DOC was right. Breast CA nowadays can be easily treated if caught early. Glad to hear the good news!!

Health would not be that stupid not to have heath insurance, so there should be no financial burden.

DOC
Lift, fuck, make money
Not sure if you did this on purpose as a joke but you put Health and heath in opposite spots lol  :D

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Asking questions=Why did god do this to me?

Answer:  God didn't