Author Topic: BOOZE & Tracking Macros  (Read 5334 times)

qkleo17

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
BOOZE & Tracking Macros
« on: May 11, 2020, 05:27:00 PM »
Hey All ;D

Looking forward to the replies on this one.

To start:
42 yo male
6' - 182lbs
Around 12 - 13% body fat (Naturally "skinny")
weights/cardio 5-6 times a week

So I am new to this watching macros game and getting dialed in to my "#s" that will best work for me. Trying to get BF down to around 9-10%. So far so good and I am enjoying the freedom with the foods. But here is my big "worry" ...

I am a work hard/play harder kind of guy. I want to hit the goals, but I also want to enjoy life.

I take one day a week (always Saturday) where I disconnect from the world, have drinks and just have fun. Ill start with cocktails with friend at noon or 1 some days (especially in the fall come football season) and won;t stop until the party is over ...lol.
I do not eat that much when I drink for whatever reason, but when I do it is always healthy, high protein choices like chicken, lean meat, etc. I do not crush pizza, hot pockets, etc.

The issue is my CRUSHING carbs due to the vodka I am having all day ( I always drink vodka, nothing else) and my normal target for macros is around 250 for carbs, and I will easily be at 500 when the day is over and done with due to the drinks.

*** So for all of you that watch the macros and also get out and have some fun 1 or 2 days out of the week ( and I know there are A LOT of you out there) ... do you have a day where you just say F IT and have it it and let go and not worry about things. Is it that detrimental to your goals? Does it really set you back?

Looking forward to hearing from everyone on this and how it works for them

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
Re: BOOZE & Tracking Macros
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 05:52:12 PM »
Macros?

Don't bother with that crapola.

qkleo17

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 03:46:24 AM »
Macros?

Don't bother with that crapola.
Not a fan I take it. lol

I am willing to try anything ... nothing seems to be working for me in terms of dropping body fat. Tried pretty much everything. Carb cycling, intermittent fasting, etc. Can't seem to drop the weight and BF

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 03:59:17 AM »
Not a fan I take it. lol
I am willing to try anything ... nothing seems to be working for me in terms of dropping body fat. Tried pretty much everything. Carb cycling, intermittent fasting, etc. Can't seem to drop the weight and BF

6' and 182?

That's scrawny.

Work on building yourself up not losing weight.

You look fat because you lack muscle.  You are skinny-fat.

Train 2-3 times a week with a full-body routine.

Squat, press, pull, calf raise.

Squats
Bench press or military press (alternate)
Pullups or lat pulldowns or barbell rows (alternate)
Barbell curls
Standing calf raise

3 work sets of 8-12 reps.  Each set to within 1-2 reps of failure.  Add weight if you get 12 reps on the last set.

Eat a balanced diet. 

Stop getting drunk so you don't do something stupid.

Orhan

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 08:52:19 PM »
Hey All ;D

Looking forward to the replies on this one.

To start:
42 yo male
6' - 182lbs
Around 12 - 13% body fat (Naturally "skinny")
weights/cardio 5-6 times a week

So I am new to this watching macros game and getting dialed in to my "#s" that will best work for me. Trying to get BF down to around 9-10%. So far so good and I am enjoying the freedom with the foods. But here is my big "worry" ...

I am a work hard/play harder kind of guy. I want to hit the goals, but I also want to enjoy life.

I take one day a week (always Saturday) where I disconnect from the world, have drinks and just have fun. Ill start with cocktails with friend at noon or 1 some days (especially in the fall come football season) and won;t stop until the party is over ...lol.
I do not eat that much when I drink for whatever reason, but when I do it is always healthy, high protein choices like chicken, lean meat, etc. I do not crush pizza, hot pockets, etc.

The issue is my CRUSHING carbs due to the vodka I am having all day ( I always drink vodka, nothing else) and my normal target for macros is around 250 for carbs, and I will easily be at 500 when the day is over and done with due to the drinks.

*** So for all of you that watch the macros and also get out and have some fun 1 or 2 days out of the week ( and I know there are A LOT of you out there) ... do you have a day where you just say F IT and have it it and let go and not worry about things. Is it that detrimental to your goals? Does it really set you back?

Looking forward to hearing from everyone on this and how it works for them

being in shape isnt for everybody, hence why not everyones jacked. if you really want it, then you wont do a 12hr drinking session, like cmon, have half a dozen drinks saturday night and you're good, wtf is it to binge drink and still want to be in shape?