Author Topic: We have created alien life!  (Read 19569 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: We have created alien life!
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2014, 06:30:58 AM »

My issue is this:

People are CONSTANTLY be challenged in every sphere of academia. Biologists, chemists, sociologist, psychologists, literature, philosophers, mathematicians, , anthropologists, art and music historians, etc, etc. Now some of these people throw a hissy fit when challenged. However, no one is better at throwing a hissy fit than a religious person. I have been to numerous debates where it got very heated! No one ran off crying, saying, "You're taking away my rights (religious people love to say their religious rights are being taken away)." Religious people are notorious for getting all bent out of shape when people challenge their belief system. The thing is is that as time goes on, religion does not hold the special privilege it used to (hundreds of years ago you can get hanged for talking out against the church). Times are changing and religious people do not know how to handle it. They run off like MOS when challenged.

As for religion becoming part of their identity, this also happens in other areas as well. Hardcore biologists, chemists, writers, psychologists, all have very strong identities associated with their occupation. As stated, they do not whine and complain like MOS when challenged and run off (like most religious people).

At the end of the day, I would probably sit down and have a beer with MOS. I do not dislike the guy. However, I have every right to challenge his belief system if I want to.

I've openly shared, defended and debated my faith with members of this board for about 4 solid years now. 

For some of y'all the discussion with me is over.  I've had so many folks - both believer and nonbeliever alike - that encouraged me (repeatedly) to stop engaging some of y'all 2 years ago.  I finally arrived at the place with some where it's time to stop....simple as that.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2014, 09:54:37 AM »
This is correct.  Even those that openly despise my beliefs, if they called on me with a need I'd help them the best I'm able to. 

What if the help was to formulate a plan to kill all christians? would you help me them?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2014, 10:01:11 AM »
What if the help was to formulate a plan to kill all christians? would you help me them?

So you'd like to kill me and my family?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2014, 03:23:37 AM »
So you'd like to kill me and my family?

That may have been a bit hyperbole :-X

First time I had a reason to use the word with a line through it to be honest, I seized an oppurtunity, hate the game bro.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2014, 01:33:58 PM »
You have always been one of the better people to discuss the issue with MOS.  Like you I have slowly drifted away from discussing the really heavy stuff anymore with anyone here.  I think for me the process of doing so was to solidify what was already a strong position I held.  I have got to the point where I am happy believing what I do, couldn't really give a fuck about what others believe, although I still throw in a condescending remark here and there (because I do think belief in God is ridiculous. not to mention pointless and on closer inspection borderline absurd), but there comes a time when you just have to live and let live. 

Mind you, in the real world, when I meet people who have strong faith or are even rigidly evangelical, I make every attempt to avoid them and I do tend to view them with suspicion and a hint of derision.  But that's just me, it's fortunate then I live in a pretty much atheist community who also views religion with contempt and ridicule. I think if I lived in a bible belt type of community I would either attempt to flee or neck myself, the thought of having to endure such a closed minded, rigid lifestyle scares the crap out of me, it's a good thing religious people don't know any better.  I watched my best friend growing up endure a strict religious upbringing at it wan;t pretty, he barely survived it.  Fortunately for him he become a devout atheist.

Thanks  ???

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2014, 01:35:46 PM »

That may have been a bit hyperbole :-X

First time I had a reason to use the word with a line through it to be honest, I seized an oppurtunity, hate the game bro.

LOL, what game?  Oh do you mean the game where you make a hilarious "joke" about killing Christians such as myself and my family?

Super duper funny.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2014, 09:24:02 AM »
LOL, what game?  Oh do you mean the game where you make a hilarious "joke" about killing Christians such as myself and my family?

Super duper funny.

:-X

jesus MOS in my excitement to use teh symbol I may have went overboard. You have to understand I rarely ever use this tool and clearly wasn't ready to prepared to use it.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2014, 06:22:52 PM »
:-X

jesus MOS in my excitement to use teh symbol I may have went overboard. You have to understand I rarely ever use this tool and clearly wasn't ready to prepared to use it.

You went overboard and now you're in the deep end of poop pool.  If you want to be pulled out, then take his hand in friendship.  If not, continue on with what you started.

It's not that difficult to admit you were an ass and apologize.  Again, if not just keep on braying.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2014, 02:19:04 AM »
You went overboard and now you're in the deep end of poop pool.  If you want to be pulled out, then take his hand in friendship.  If not, continue on with what you started.

It's not that difficult to admit you were an ass and apologize.  Again, if not just keep on braying.

Necrosis is a sarcastic fucker but hes not a dumb guy.
A

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2014, 02:43:19 AM »
Necrosis is a sarcastic fucker but hes not a dumb guy.

That's most likely true of many of us here.   He just needs to apologize.  Not too difficult and more than appropriate in this circumstance. 

He may be sarcastic and he might not be dumb but if he's too stubborn to admit that what he said to MOS was totally inappropriate then he most definitely isn't an adult.  We all make mistakes, that's part of growing up.  Recognizing that and making right such missteps is the mark of someone that has grown up.

He will do as he sees fit, as his mentality dictates if you will. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2014, 02:46:03 AM »
That's most likely true of many of us here.   He just needs to apologize.  Not too difficult and more than appropriate in this circumstance.  

He may be sarcastic and he might not be dumb but if he's too stubborn to admit that what he said to MOS was totally inappropriate then he most definitely isn't an adult.  We all make mistakes, that's part of growing up.  Recognizing that and making right such missteps is the mark of someone that has grown up.

I agree totally.  MOS is a good guy and would never say anything like that to anyone
A

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2014, 03:10:01 AM »

I was more concerned that the joke was a flop brah.. MOS knows I am fucking about.

when did this shit get all serious? sorry MOS put me back on the pray list.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2014, 03:13:45 AM »
I agree totally.  MOS is a good guy and would never say anything like that to anyone

Ok some context here. He stated that he would help anyone if they asked, I asked for something so absurd that he would not help, I was taking the piss. He suggested that his family was included on the kill list, I did not say I wanted to kill his family, they could be atheist or muslim ::)

MOS is a good cat, but if anyone takes anything on this board serious they need to get there head checked. If someone is actually carrying stuff from this board into real life, there is more to the issue then a message board.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2014, 03:22:04 AM »
Ok some context here. He stated that he would help anyone if they asked, I asked for something so absurd that he would not help, I was taking the piss. He suggested that his family was included on the kill list, I did not say I wanted to kill his family, they could be atheist or muslim ::)

MOS is a good cat, but if anyone takes anything on this board serious they need to get there head checked. If someone is actually carrying stuff from this board into real life, there is more to the issue then a message board.

Okay...If I may?  Stop beating around the burning bush (a clever religious reference given the forum we are in, eh?  ;D) and simply say:

"I'm sorry for what I said.  It was inappropriate and I really didn't mean it, so again, I apologize for my words."

But only say it if you mean it.  Otherwise, it would be inappropriate and all because you didn't mean it. 

Regardless of what you do/say next, be well.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2014, 03:22:49 AM »
If someone is actually carrying stuff from this board into real life, there is more to the issue then a message board.

Also very true.
A

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2014, 03:23:32 AM »
Okay...If I may?  Stop beating around the burning bush (a clever religious reference given the forum we are in, eh?  ;D) and simply say:

"I'm sorry for what I said.  It was inappropriate and I really didn't mean it, so again, I apologize for my words."

But only say it if you mean it.  Otherwise, it would be inappropriate and all because you didn't mean it. 

Regardless of what you do/say next, be well.

HAHA. I think I have said enough. you are a sensitive queen aren't ya?

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2014, 03:27:44 AM »
HAHA. I think I have said enough. you are a sensitive queen aren't ya?

Nope.  Far from it.  I'm just not an asshole. I like people and recognize while we all have our faults, not everyone is a diamond in the rough. 

Again, be well.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2014, 03:30:10 AM »
Nope.  Far from it.  I'm just not an asshole. I like people and recognize while we all have our faults, not everyone is a diamond in the rough. 

Again, be well.

are you using test for you pct after this estrogen cycle?

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2014, 03:41:55 AM »
are you using test for you pct after this estrogen cycle?

;D ;D Sophomoric.  By the way, that means childish or in your case, "immature". 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2014, 06:33:13 AM »
I've had people on these boards that hate that I'm a Christian that have told me they're gonna rape my wife and daughter, kill my family, that I should kill my daughter now before she's completely brainwashed and that they would kill me if given a chance.  I've been hit with virtually every insult and taunt in the book and while I know that's all cowardice, posturing and ignorance I also know the anti-Christian agenda is fully scriptural.....the road promised will not be easy.

Do I think Necrosis wants to kill Christians?  Kill me and my family because we're Christians?  No.  Do I wish him any ill will?  Absolutely not.

This life we exist in is the time we "plead our case before Christ" and are given a choice - a divine opportunity - to accept or reject who he is and what he's done to free us from sin and bring us into righteousness.  

When each of us exits this life many will immediately come to the terrifying reality that all this "stupid, religious nonsense MOS is spewing" is 100% accurate.  All unbelievers will have left are three things:  the memory of the life they freely chose to lead, the finality of judgement before God Almighty and the utter and complete separation from God and all that he is.  Every divine aspect of who God is permanently removed and the eternal realization that you chose this state for yourself and that God honored that choice....you willingly traded his eternal will and glory for your own will and glory.

My humble, sincere desire is to help anyone that doesn't know Jesus Christ to be saved from God's divine, righteous, holy judgement and realize that a life dedicated to Christ is a difficult yet wonderful journey of serving his will and purposes while understanding his absolute, definite reality and love for you.

Romans 10:9
9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Micah 6:8
8 No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good,
    and this is what he requires of you:
to do what is right, to love mercy,
    and to walk humbly with your God.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2014, 10:14:45 AM »
I've had people on these boards that hate that I'm a Christian that have told me they're gonna rape my wife and daughter, kill my family, that I should kill my daughter now before she's completely brainwashed and that they would kill me if given a chance.  I've been hit with virtually every insult and taunt in the book and while I know that's all cowardice, posturing and ignorance I also know the anti-Christian agenda is fully scriptural.....the road promised will not be easy.

Do I think Necrosis wants to kill Christians?  Kill me and my family because we're Christians?  No.  Do I wish him any ill will?  Absolutely not.

This life we exist in is the time we "plead our case before Christ" and are given a choice - a divine opportunity - to accept or reject who he is and what he's done to free us from sin and bring us into righteousness.  

When each of us exits this life many will immediately come to the terrifying reality that all this "stupid, religious nonsense MOS is spewing" is 100% accurate.  All unbelievers will have left are three things:  the memory of the life they freely chose to lead, the finality of judgement before God Almighty and the utter and complete separation from God and all that he is.  Every divine aspect of who God is permanently removed and the eternal realization that you chose this state for yourself and that God honored that choice....you willingly traded his eternal will and glory for your own will and glory.

My humble, sincere desire is to help anyone that doesn't know Jesus Christ to be saved from God's divine, righteous, holy judgement and realize that a life dedicated to Christ is a difficult yet wonderful journey of serving his will and purposes while understanding his absolute, definite reality and love for you.

Romans 10:9
9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Micah 6:8
8 No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good,
    and this is what he requires of you:
to do what is right, to love mercy,
    and to walk humbly with your God.

Wait, what?  People here made threats to you and your family like that?  Animals.  

Man of Steel, you have my support and my prayers.  Great post, BTW!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2014, 10:27:41 AM »
Wait, what?  People here made threats to you and your family like that?  Animals. 

Man of Steel, you have my support and my prayers.  Great post, BTW!

All idle threats from cowards.....not that I'm lookin for someone to manup and give it a shot LOL!

Most people are cool, but I seem to attract every hothead in the house.

I appreciate the prayers!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2014, 10:43:54 AM »
ugh, I was hoping they'd wait another 100 years for reaching this level of technology.

Scientists at The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) have engineered a bacterium whose genetic material includes an added pair of DNA “letters,” or bases, not found in nature. The cells of this unique bacterium can replicate the unnatural DNA bases more or less normally, for as long as the molecular building blocks are supplied.

That's just great.  I've always imagined there would never be any virus that could wipe out 100% of life on earth... until we learned to create un-natural DNA.  Horrifying to think they could create a non-earth organism that can replicate.  Maybe it'll be like the BLOB, and just keep replicating, feeding on everything.  

I don't get into the religious argument... we're all idiots, none of us knows ANYTHING, let's be honest.  But creating DNA that can reproduce itself?  scary.

I was seriously thinking the same thing.  All religion aside, main stream scientists believe that humans are no better than all the already extinct species, and that all it takes is one unstoppable virus to wipe humans off the face of the earth forever.  Our ability to fast travel around the world makes it even easier already.  WTF are they thinking?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2014, 01:49:38 PM »
That's most likely true of many of us here.   He just needs to apologize.  Not too difficult and more than appropriate in this circumstance. 

He may be sarcastic and he might not be dumb but if he's too stubborn to admit that what he said to MOS was totally inappropriate then he most definitely isn't an adult.  We all make mistakes, that's part of growing up.  Recognizing that and making right such missteps is the mark of someone that has grown up.

x100. That's what many of us are guilty of. If you say something fucked up, just apologize.

This place should never get serious.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2014, 03:10:53 PM »
lmao  ;D ;D

this thread, hahaha

Ok life created by scientist you bunch of ding dongs, woooooooooosh  :D loollollollo

edit; didn't realize this was in the religious section,  :-\