Author Topic: Is Trump mentally ill?  (Read 19489 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Is Trump mentally ill?
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2016, 02:10:02 PM »
they actually lost the popular vote in 2000.

and as I've written before, Dixiecrats (1960-70s) -> Reagan Democrats (1980s) -> Republicans (1990s) -> Tea Party (2000s)-> Trump supporters (2010s)
(that is older white males) are dying out. 

Young people, even young whites, are overwhelmingly Democratic.
Its changing in the opposite direction.  People are tired of your PC bullshit and the new party of perpetual victimhood, restriction and intolerance.  Dumbocrats have really went batshit and are more like the weirdo Evangelicals in nature that used to rule the GOP.  The GOP is changing into a party more based on reason and logic.  The Dumbocrats have gone batshit with their Muslim love, White Guilt, BLM loving, Gun hating, lawlessness.

Its pathetic.  I bet you support a Sugar and Soda tax even.  Pathetic!  Party of limit your personal freedoms.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2016, 02:12:14 PM »
Its changing in the opposite direction.  People are tired of your PC bullshit and the new party of perpetual victimhood, restriction and intolerance.  Dumbocrats have really went batshit and are more like the weirdo Evangelicals in nature that used to rule the GOP.  The GOP is changing into a party more based on reason and logic.  The Dumbocrats have gone batshit with their Muslim love, White Guilt, BLM loving, Gun hating, lawlessness.

Its pathetic.  I bet you support a Sugar and Soda tax even.  Pathetic!  Party of limit your personal freedoms.

I thought this was the Libertarians?

The GOP still refuses to acknowledge the failed war on Drugs. Refuses to stop worrying about abortion. Stuff like that in regards to the base.

Trump won the evangelical vote by a HUGE percentage. As a matter of fact, some believe the Evangelicals put him into the top spot.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2016, 02:13:16 PM »
This is what the 2012 Election looked like County by County.

It really is not that fair when you think about it, that places like New York and California can dictate how the nation is run.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2016, 02:13:29 PM »
Globalist may be very correct, but I think there is something different here.
Most young people don't think about the pragmatism of everything, they think about "social justice" or some other such stuff.

I'm not saying it's right, but that's what it is.
Young people are trying to save the world or help people. They are trying to make life "fair", even though that's not the real world.

Young people think about social issues, not necessarily other things. Social issues, ie saving people, treating people fairly, equality, anti-bigotry. All of that stuff has been locked up by the Democrats from a verbal standpoint. (They are "saying" they are the party of equality)

That is why young people are overwhelmingly voting for the Democrats.

The Democrats are saying some good things and the young people eat it up.

The opposite is saying terrible things (even if truthful at times) and young people don't like it.

Difference in philosophy I guess, but we are all getting older and they are not. That doesn't make them right of course.

Neocons dumbed all the kids into a daze and took their candy, by the looks of it.  But the kids are so fucked up with stupidity, they can't describe the perp.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2016, 02:16:27 PM »

It really is not that fair when you think about it, that places like New York and California can dictate how the nation is run.

This is true, but that's also the breakdown of the population of the country. Rarely, VERY rarely does the popular vote not coincide with the electoral college and change the election.

Yes, that land area is a lot of red, but there are very few people that live in those red areas typically. It's not set in stone, but still, the popular vote is still the "popular" vote.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2016, 02:20:23 PM »
Those poll numbers are going to start to affect fundraising.  Trump had a good month - and hilary raised just as much despite the peak of her indictment talk & bernie supporter hate.

Now she's the clear frontrunner, everyone is sucking up because she's looking like the likely winner.

Trump is looking erratic, confidence in him is definitely down.  That means August donations are going to suck.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2016, 02:20:31 PM »
This is true, but that's also the breakdown of the population of the country. Rarely, VERY rarely does the popular vote not coincide with the electoral college and change the election.

Yes, that land area is a lot of red, but there are very few people that live in those red areas typically. It's not set in stone, but still, the popular vote is still the "popular" vote.
Which is bullshit really.  States really should have more power as the population and way of life is so diverse from state to state.  

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2016, 02:21:15 PM »
This nation is going to pay, hard.  Beat down city.  All hell to break loose.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2016, 02:25:13 PM »
Which is bullshit really.  States really should have more power as the population and way of life is so diverse from state to state.  

No argument with that. A part of me actually wonders if the end of the Civil War shouldn't have just been a split from the north and the south.

I don't know if that is the right thing, I really have mixed feelings on it, but if people can choose to live in a location that best fits their beliefs and most closely aligns with their thought processes, perhaps it would have been for the best.

That said, I doubt either nation would have singularly been as prosperous as the "Union" together has been over the past 150 years.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2016, 02:46:24 PM »
No argument with that. A part of me actually wonders if the end of the Civil War shouldn't have just been a split from the north and the south.

I don't know if that is the right thing, I really have mixed feelings on it, but if people can choose to live in a location that best fits their beliefs and most closely aligns with their thought processes, perhaps it would have been for the best.

That said, I doubt either nation would have singularly been as prosperous as the "Union" together has been over the past 150 years.

Here is one possibility...

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: August 04, 2016, 02:55:44 PM »
Here is one possibility...

Ultimately, the real question I would have with that map, at least today, would be how long would slavery have been maintained in those states.?

At some point, they would need to trade with the rest of the world, and their ability to continue to trade with the other nations would clash with a desire to maintain any slavery.

My next question would be how would WW2 have played out without a singular "United States of America" as we knew it to be in 1941.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: August 04, 2016, 03:36:25 PM »
Ultimately, the real question I would have with that map, at least today, would be how long would slavery have been maintained in those states.?

At some point, they would need to trade with the rest of the world, and their ability to continue to trade with the other nations would clash with a desire to maintain any slavery.

My next question would be how would WW2 have played out without a singular "United States of America" as we knew it to be in 1941.
The Confederate Constitution banned the overseas slave trade, and permitted Confederate states to abolish slavery within their borders if they wanted to do so.  They were moving to do this before Lincoln decided to invade.

At the height of slavery, more blacks per capita owned slaves than whites.  Interesting fact that nobody ever gets taught.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: August 04, 2016, 03:51:40 PM »
The Confederate Constitution banned the overseas slave trade, and permitted Confederate states to abolish slavery within their borders if they wanted to do so.  They were moving to do this before Lincoln decided to invade.

At the height of slavery, more blacks per capita owned slaves than whites.  Interesting fact that nobody ever gets taught.

I am aware.

I am simply inquiring as to when would slavery have been abolished none the less.

It doesn't really answer the question about WW2 and the US military machine, but I agree that it may have been much ado about nothing shortly after 1865 anyway.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #163 on: August 04, 2016, 03:52:50 PM »

denounce the demagogue and withdraw your support immediately
"

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2016, 04:01:39 PM »
Its changing in the opposite direction.  People are tired of your PC bullshit and the new party of perpetual victimhood, restriction and intolerance.  

x2
S

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2016, 04:18:36 PM »
x2

Yes, but the polls say...

Oh, wait:

EU referendum polls: Final ComRes poll shows significant lead for Remain | UK Politics | News | The Independent

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-poll-final-brexit-comres-yougov-opinium-tns-survey-remain-leave-live-result-a7096316.html

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2016, 04:53:25 PM »

:D
"

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2016, 05:08:53 PM »

big map at http://visualeconsite.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/ams-usa-population.png

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2016, 05:19:44 PM »

High population density (people living in crowded conditions like animals) has been shown to breed perverse thinking.
S

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2016, 06:12:46 PM »
High population density (people living in crowded conditions like animals) has been shown to breed perverse thinking.

High population density leads to communal thinking.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2016, 07:14:56 PM »
High population density leads to communal thinking.
Really?  Whats so communal about Chicago and their crime rate.  Tell us.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2016, 11:01:03 AM »

People vote, not counties.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2016, 11:03:43 AM »

Are you suggesting we should dispense with the popular vote?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #173 on: August 05, 2016, 11:45:05 AM »
Are you suggesting we should dispense with the popular vote?

Not sure what you mean.  The popular vote at the national level doesn't count.  Gore won the popular vote in 2000.

the way things are now, with each state getting a minimum of 3 electoral votes (one for each senator and member of congress), the low population states get more of a voice.

Wyoming 1 electoral vote for each 195 thousand people
California 1 electoral vote for each 705 thousand people

now population is not the same as eligible voters

Wyoming has 209k registered voters at this moment, so each electoral vote represents 69.6k voters
California has 17.7m registered voters, so each electoral vote represents 321.8k voters

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: August 05, 2016, 12:08:20 PM »
Essentially, you are correct. Here is a more detailed explanation:

How the Electoral College Works

The current workings of the Electoral College are the result of both design and experience. As it now operates:

• Each State is allocated a number of Electors equal to the number of its U.S. Senators (always 2) plus the number of its U.S. Representatives (which may change each decade according to the size of each State's population as determined in the Census).
  • The political parties (or independent candidates) in each State submit to the State's chief election official a list of individuals pledged to their candidate for president and equal in number to the State's electoral vote. Usually, the major political parties select these individuals either in their State party conventions or through appointment by their State party leaders while third parties and independent candidates merely designate theirs.
  • Members of Congress and employees of the federal government are prohibited from serving as an Elector in order to maintain the balance between the legislative and executive branches of the federal government.
  • After their caucuses and primaries, the major parties nominate their candidates for president and vice president in their national conventions
    traditionally held in the summer preceding the election. (Third parties and independent candidates follow different procedures according to the individual State laws). The names of the duly nominated candidates are then officially submitted to each State's chief election official so that they might appear on the general election ballot.
  • On the Tuesday following the first Monday of November in years divisible by four, the people in each State cast their ballots for the party slate of Electors representing their choice for president and vice president (although as a matter of practice, general election ballots normally say "Electors for" each set of candidates rather than list the individual Electors on each slate).
  • Whichever party slate wins the most popular votes in the State becomes that State's Electors-so that, in effect, whichever presidential ticket gets the most popular votes in a State wins all the Electors of that State. [The two exceptions to this are Maine and Nebraska where two Electors are chosen by statewide popular vote and the remainder by the popular vote within each Congressional district].
  • On the Monday following the second Wednesday of December (as established in federal law) each State's Electors meet in their respective State capitals and cast their electoral votes-one for president and one for vice president.
  • In order to prevent Electors from voting only for "favorite sons" of their home State, at least one of their votes must be for a person from outside their State (though this is seldom a problem since the parties have consistently nominated presidential and vice presidential candidates from different States).
  • The electoral votes are then sealed and transmitted from each State to the President of the Senate who, on the following January 6, opens and reads them before both houses of the Congress.
  • The candidate for president with the most electoral votes, provided that it is an absolute majority (one over half of the total), is declared president. Similarly, the vice presidential candidate with the absolute majority of electoral votes is declared vice president.
  • In the event no one obtains an absolute majority of electoral votes for president, the U.S. House of Representatives (as the chamber closest to the people) selects the president from among the top three contenders with each State casting only one vote and an absolute majority of the States being required to elect. Similarly, if no one obtains an absolute majority for vice president, then the U.S. Senate makes the selection from among the top two contenders for that office.
  • At noon on January 20, the duly elected president and vice president are sworn into office.
Occasionally questions arise about what would happen if the pesidential or vice presidential candidate died at some point in this process.For answers to these, as well as to a number of other "what if" questions, readers are advised to consult a small volume entitled After the People Vote: Steps in Choosing the President edited by Walter Berns and published in 1983 by the American Enterprise Institute. Similarly, further details on the history and current functioning of the Electoral College are available in the second edition of Congressional Quarterly's Guide to U.S. Elections, a real goldmine of information, maps, and statistics.