Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Chris Faildo  (Read 62238 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Chris Faildo
« Reply #200 on: December 01, 2008, 05:02:46 AM »
Chris Faildo guest-apperance in the video"THE ROAD TO MR.NIPPON 2008"
http://blog.livedoor.jp/ironmanjapan/

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #201 on: December 01, 2008, 12:47:39 PM »
Thanks Musclecenter, it's amazing that you find these stuff.  I had a great time with Mr. Godo in Japan he is a true hardcore bodybuilder.  We did a quick photo/video shoot while I was there at gold's Gym Kyoto.

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2008, 12:00:34 AM »
Chris,

Hello, I hope all is well with you and your wife!  I also hope training is going well for you.  My questions is this Chris, I am currently back in full swing at the gym and getting ready for the nationals in 2009.  My triceps surgery was a success and I am finally back to training at almost 100 percent.  I can do 20 reps on triceps pressdowns with 100 pounds and feel no pain what so ever and the pump feels fantastic!  The problem is on chest day and chest day only.  I can do incline dumbell presses, flat and inclind flyes, machines and cable cross overs pain free but I CANT FLAT BENCH AT ALL OR EVEN DO PUSH UPS!  It is amazing to me that I can hit 100 pound dumbells on the incline for 10 reps with perfect form but it kills me to bench 135 for 10 reps.  My question is should I just scrap the flat benching all together or should I just slowly and surely make my way back.  To be honest I miss the movement even though it was never one of my strong points.  Sometimes I just miss benching.  Thanks Chris any advice is truly appreciated..

Do you have a good re-hab benching formula u give clients?  I would love to know the sets, reps, etc....  Thanks again so much.  www.ironjoeleahy.com

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2008, 09:37:40 AM »
Chris,

Hello, I hope all is well with you and your wife!  I also hope training is going well for you.  My questions is this Chris, I am currently back in full swing at the gym and getting ready for the nationals in 2009.  My triceps surgery was a success and I am finally back to training at almost 100 percent.  I can do 20 reps on triceps pressdowns with 100 pounds and feel no pain what so ever and the pump feels fantastic!  The problem is on chest day and chest day only.  I can do incline dumbell presses, flat and inclind flyes, machines and cable cross overs pain free but I CANT FLAT BENCH AT ALL OR EVEN DO PUSH UPS!  It is amazing to me that I can hit 100 pound dumbells on the incline for 10 reps with perfect form but it kills me to bench 135 for 10 reps.  My question is should I just scrap the flat benching all together or should I just slowly and surely make my way back.  To be honest I miss the movement even though it was never one of my strong points.  Sometimes I just miss benching.  Thanks Chris any advice is truly appreciated..

Do you have a good re-hab benching formula u give clients?  I would love to know the sets, reps, etc....  Thanks again so much.  www.ironjoeleahy.com
Congrats on your fast recovery and setting your 09' goal for the nationals.  I am interested to see how you're gonna look after what seems to be a major setback.  Give it all you got and don't hold back, train smart.  What do i mean by train smart?  Well, to answer your question about flat benching- why would you want to do this movement when it obviously hurts you?  Scrap the movement and do what 's been working for you.  To make you feel a little better benching is totally out of my chest routine.  Never found it to be productive and haven't done it for years.  You've got success working with dumbbells so I would stick with that.  Good luck and win!

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2008, 11:04:58 AM »
I have been working with IFBB Pro Marcus Haley and we are excited for my comeback.  He is one cool dude!  I really appreciate the quick response and thank you so much!  I will stick with the dumbells for now and I am also excited to see what happens in 2009.  Thanks again so much for the response!  It really does mean a lot to me.  Joe Leahy...............

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #205 on: December 11, 2008, 11:13:33 AM »
Chris,

I also used to enjoy a lot of volume training in the past where I would train sometimes for a week on followed by one off.  Today I am hitting a two on one off schedule.  This is very difficult for me to follow but my chest and arms are actually improving even though I was injured.  At this point I am proud to say you would never even know I was hurt.  I tore my triceps in the middle of the heads down by the top of the elbow so the horseshoe is still in tact.  Needless to say I was very luckey my friend.  I am trying to be smart and do what is best for my body.  Which I guess for the time being is more rest.  Did you have to change your split as you got older?  What are some of the major changes you made in your career?  Scrapping the flat benching is interesting anything else?  I love your DVD bro.  Have to be honest watching you do chin ups is frustrating for me as I will add them back to my routine in a few weeks.  Didn't you flat bench in your DVD, maybe I am wrong gonna watch it again today to check :)..  I usually watch the tape a few times a week for inspiration.  Peace.  You ordering the sushi is still the funniest part for me though, LOL.. ;D

P.S. Thanks again so much for your time....

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #206 on: December 12, 2008, 10:45:20 AM »
Chris,

I also used to enjoy a lot of volume training in the past where I would train sometimes for a week on followed by one off.  Today I am hitting a two on one off schedule.  This is very difficult for me to follow but my chest and arms are actually improving even though I was injured.  At this point I am proud to say you would never even know I was hurt.  I tore my triceps in the middle of the heads down by the top of the elbow so the horseshoe is still in tact.  Needless to say I was very luckey my friend.  I am trying to be smart and do what is best for my body.  Which I guess for the time being is more rest.  Did you have to change your split as you got older?  What are some of the major changes you made in your career?  Scrapping the flat benching is interesting anything else?  I love your DVD bro.  Have to be honest watching you do chin ups is frustrating for me as I will add them back to my routine in a few weeks.  Didn't you flat bench in your DVD, maybe I am wrong gonna watch it again today to check :)..  I usually watch the tape a few times a week for inspiration.  Peace.  You ordering the sushi is still the funniest part for me though, LOL.. ;D

P.S. Thanks again so much for your time....
Big Joe, Training smart is the key to getting ahead in this game.  Injuries as you know will set you back big time.  I would suggest changing workout routines, rep tempo, massages, rest.....everything possible for you to stay ahead of your competition and pushing the envelope everyday in the gym.  focus in on your goals and don't let anything distract you from achieving them.  Nationals Baby!

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #207 on: December 13, 2008, 08:56:54 PM »
Thanks Chris!  U the man!  Hope to have ya train me someday while I am on vacation.  Sound like a fun trip to me.  Ya, its kinda weird how I know a lot about bodybuilding but I also have so much to learn.  I guess it can be easy to over think this thing.  I'm just glad I have had a chance to learn from the best.  Thanks again as always it has been a pleasue learning and growing as a bodybuilder and person.  I will be in Vegas in 2009 and I know I will give them hell and have the time of my life.  Win, loose or draw I'm gonna enjoy being on that stage.  If I don't belong I could give a crap (and I am serious.)  I'm gonna smile and enjoy my moment under the lights.  It has been a fun ride for me so far and I intend to keep it that way.  I just love the gym and the sounds of the iron!  It truly is who I am.  God bless and like you say train smart and let nothing hold you back!!!!!  Peace...

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #208 on: December 14, 2008, 04:40:16 AM »
Chris Faildo guest-apperance in the video"THE ROAD TO MR.NIPPON 2008"
http://blog.livedoor.jp/ironmanjapan/

chris you have ages quite a bit in this pic and lost your hair.

do you think that perhaps its time to retire  :-\  :D
175lbs by 31st July

Grenade

• Getbig III
« Reply #209 on: December 14, 2008, 07:31:33 AM »
chris do you think peter mcgough is fat? honest answer bro

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #210 on: December 15, 2008, 06:45:30 PM »
chris you have ages quite a bit in this pic and lost your hair.

do you think that perhaps its time to retire  :-\  :D
Are you saying that I am old?  I sure don't feel it.  Retire?  Who knows, my training sessions are still going strong and I look and feel incredible at 42 years young.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #211 on: December 15, 2008, 06:46:22 PM »
chris do you think peter mcgough is fat? honest answer bro
Nope, he's just in offseason mode.

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #212 on: December 15, 2008, 10:59:26 PM »
Hey Chris remember this BIG GUY!

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #213 on: December 15, 2008, 11:00:32 PM »
Chris you sure have been up against your share of talent.  Big John looking sharp!!!

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2008, 11:04:48 PM »
Chris, here is a pic of me and John clowning around backstage.  Notice the dream tan on my face I had just got my buddy ready for the night show in which he took the overall ;D.  John is a really cool guy.  He seems really intimidating but once ya get to talk to him he is really open and ready to talk training.  Thought this would take ya back a little. 

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #215 on: December 16, 2008, 08:55:52 AM »
Chris, here is a pic of me and John clowning around backstage.  Notice the dream tan on my face I had just got my buddy ready for the night show in which he took the overall ;D.  John is a really cool guy.  He seems really intimidating but once ya get to talk to him he is really open and ready to talk training.  Thought this would take ya back a little. 
Who can forget big John.  I sure don't.  He rocked the lt heavies in the 93' USA.  It was an honor standing with him in the posedown. What an awesome physique!

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #216 on: December 16, 2008, 01:01:10 PM »
Who can forget big John.  I sure don't.  He rocked the lt heavies in the 93' USA.  It was an honor standing with him in the posedown. What an awesome physique!

that was a great pose down.

chris, do you remember pumping up back stage for what seemed like...forever, and i went up to you and said to chill out...lol
ANIMAL

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #217 on: December 16, 2008, 01:09:38 PM »
that was a great pose down.

chris, do you remember pumping up back stage for what seemed like...forever, and i went up to you and said to chill out...lol
Oh yeah, I remember it like it was just yesterday.  I was so jacked and excited i think I pumped up for an hour straight.  I was more jacked when LT announced me as the winner of the lt wt class and I broke my trophy onstage. Do you still have a copy of that show Vin?

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #218 on: December 16, 2008, 02:08:53 PM »
Vin congrats man!

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #219 on: December 16, 2008, 03:43:47 PM »
I have to be honest the Get Big boards have been so negative that this is so refreshing and inspiring to here these stories.  Keep em comming guys!!!

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #220 on: December 16, 2008, 07:32:08 PM »
Oh yeah, I remember it like it was just yesterday.  I was so jacked and excited i think I pumped up for an hour straight.  I was more jacked when LT announced me as the winner of the lt wt class and I broke my trophy onstage. Do you still have a copy of that show Vin?

chris, i dont have a video or my trophy from the 93 usa....actually have no pictures too.

my trophy fell apart back stage, and they never sent me another one.

ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #221 on: December 16, 2008, 07:33:22 PM »
Vin congrats man!

thank you, but this is chris' page....i have a thread here too, please post , ask me anything.

ANIMAL

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #222 on: March 16, 2009, 01:59:13 AM »
Hi,Chris
Do you receive my e-mail ?

Coach Huang

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2009, 10:09:36 PM »
Hi,Chris
Do you receive my e-mail ?

Coach Huang

Yes i did and thank you once again for the contact with Mr. Nishikawa.  We are working out the details for the guest posing appearance in July.  Will you be there?  If so, I am looking foward to meeting you again.  Take care and train hard!

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #224 on: March 19, 2009, 01:51:42 AM »
Yes i did and thank you once again for the contact with Mr. Nishikawa.  We are working out the details for the guest posing appearance in July.  Will you be there?  If so, I am looking foward to meeting you again.  Take care and train hard!
Sure,I will be in Himeji,Osaka this July.
Here is my guest-posing video last year:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXm8lc9Lgyc&feature=related
See you.