Author Topic: Brandon Lilly Injury  (Read 5287 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Brandon Lilly Injury
« on: January 27, 2014, 01:06:34 PM »
Kinda surprised that nobody posted this. I got to train with him last March in KY, at a JTS seminar and supposed to do so again in March, here in Houston. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Anybody here see this happen.....

Yesterday at the LA Fit Expo, Brandon Lilly suffered a serious injury, collapsing under 744 pounds on his 3rd squat attempt.

Brandon will undergo surgery this morning to repair meniscus, patella tendon and quad tendon tears in both legs, as well as an ACL tear and totally fractured (like in 2 very distinct pieces) patella in the left leg.

If this injury had happened to just about anyone else, I would think their lifting career is done, but I am supremely confident that Brandon will rise to another level. This is the first part of what will be an amazing comeback story.

Brandon's spirits are quite high considering all things, but would certainly appreciate any Instagram posts or videos using #365strong. Find him at @BrandonLilly3 and us at @JuggernautTraining.

Brandon Lilly will be back and stronger than ever. No Doubt!!

L

claymore

• Getbig IV
Re: Brandon Lilly Injury
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 03:20:40 PM »
Brandon is a good guy, we all hope he recovers fully. I think he went in today for another surgery ??

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 03:46:14 AM »
It was posted on the G and O and, of course, quickly devolved into the controversy about him supposedly askIng for donations.

An injury like that has to get into your head. I don't know if he'll ever be back to 100%, but I hoPe so.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 01:33:40 PM »
It got infected. they can't keep him from exercising. Apparently he was doing rack pulls last week....so they put him in a huge caste for awhile to get him to stop...poor guy. He was supposed to be at our seminar this weekend.
L