Author Topic: The Stimulus Package  (Read 17729 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: The Stimulus Package
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2009, 06:01:48 PM »
Could anyone explain how this plan or TARP 2 are radically  differnet then any plan the last administration implemented in trying to stimulate the economy?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 06:02:30 PM »
I support Obama's actions

I don't need to justfiy them
im sure youd feel the same way if ppl said that about bush...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 06:12:10 PM »
im sure youd feel the same way if ppl said that about bush...

dude - we're 3 1/2 weeks in

I don't care

I think at this point in the Bush Administration he was already on his first vacation

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2009, 06:14:45 PM »
Could anyone explain how this plan or TARP 2 are radically  differnet then any plan the last administration implemented in trying to stimulate the economy?

Bush used taxpayer $$$'s to help his banker buddies recoup their losses and pay themselves bonuses

other than that I don't think he gave a shit about stimulating the economy

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2009, 06:20:51 PM »
Bush used taxpayer $$$'s to help his banker buddies recoup their losses and pay themselves bonuses

other than that I don't think he gave a shit about stimulating the economy
and obama and mccain were all for it and helped draft and push it through do you not remember that?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2009, 06:24:59 PM »
and obama and mccain were all for it and helped draft and push it through do you not remember that?

I do and I have plenty of criticism for it it too but for the new administration (and the new Congress) I'm willing to wait a few months for some of the legislation to materialize into action and then judge the results.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2009, 06:32:51 PM »
I do and I have plenty of criticism for it it too but for the new administration (and the new Congress) I'm willing to wait a few months for some of the legislation to materialize into action and then judge the results.

NO! Hate them NOW!  ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2009, 06:43:29 PM »

thats reasonable to me but you have to admit you have not just sat there and been indifferent you have defended some of the spending and actions as well so in some ways you have already made up your mind.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2009, 06:53:17 PM »
thats reasonable to me but you have to admit you have not just sat there and been indifferent you have defended some of the spending and actions as well so in some ways you have already made up your mind.

I'm not sweating small details

I'm also aware that I take care of myself and always have and that's all that matters (mostly) to me.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2009, 09:46:51 PM »
I'm not sweating small details

I'm also aware that I take care of myself and always have and that's all that matters (mostly) to me.
If it was only one incident it would be a small detail but when you have a bill full of shit and money being spent with no idea of where its going to go like such and such billion for science but not explaining what about science its going to then those arent simply details bro.

the man obama would be mad if he heard you say that, thats not very liberal of you bro.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2009, 08:02:37 AM »
If it was only one incident it would be a small detail but when you have a bill full of shit and money being spent with no idea of where its going to go like such and such billion for science but not explaining what about science its going to then those arent simply details bro.

the man obama would be mad if he heard you say that, thats not very liberal of you bro.

I voted democratic not liberal

I think we already had this discussion about a line item and a number in another thread.  I don't know the details and neither to you so neither of us can judge good or bad.    What is this "billion for science" that you're talking about.  Whatever it is I'm sure we can hire a lot of scientists for a billion dollars

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2009, 09:14:58 AM »
I voted democratic not liberal

I think we already had this discussion about a line item and a number in another thread.  I don't know the details and neither to you so neither of us can judge good or bad.    What is this "billion for science" that you're talking about.  Whatever it is I'm sure we can hire a lot of scientists for a billion dollars

again horrible reasoning you donate a million dollars to clown college and you will create jobs it doesnt mean those jobs are the most efficient are they? What happened to the oversight we where promised? having every red penny accounted for?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2009, 09:27:22 AM »
'

In 2009, the $ is going to create jobs.  Full accountability.
In 2008, it went to bankers to use as they wished.  Zero accountability.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2009, 09:59:13 AM »
again horrible reasoning you donate a million dollars to clown college and you will create jobs it doesnt mean those jobs are the most efficient are they? What happened to the oversight we where promised? having every red penny accounted for?

I'm with you - no money for clown colleges

now how about you tell me somthing about that billion dollars for science before you shit all over it.

accountablity/oversight?

Don't you need to wait until the legislation is passed and all those pennies start flowing?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2009, 10:06:42 AM »
I'm with you - no money for clown colleges

now how about you tell me somthing about that billion dollars for science before you shit all over it.

accountablity/oversight?

Don't you need to wait until the legislation is passed and all those pennies start flowing?

there is nothing to tell only hand written shit about so and so billion to sciences? that could mean fuking anything, you dont see a problem with that? sure you have to wait to see where it goes exactly but you should at least have an idea of where its going before hand shouldnt you?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2009, 10:10:04 AM »
there is nothing to tell only hand written shit about so and so billion to sciences? that could mean fuking anything, you dont see a problem with that? sure you have to wait to see where it goes exactly but you should at least have an idea of where its going before hand shouldnt you?

well where did you read this.  Maybe I'll find some more info.

In general I'm fine with $$$$'s going to science provided it's relevent and not just nonsense 

Maybe it's just a general allocation with the details on where it's going to be spelled out later as individual budgets are put together.

Then we'll get that oversight and accountability and THEN we can bitch about it

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2009, 10:13:46 AM »
well where did you read this.  Maybe I'll find some more info.

In general I'm fine with $$$$'s going to science provided it's relevent and not just nonsense 

Maybe it's just a general allocation with the details on where it's going to be spelled out later as individual budgets are put together.

Then we'll get that oversight and accountability and THEN we can bitch about it

it was a youtube clip of some senetor reading from it, problem is that when the money is there they have to find a way to spend it...THEY ARENT GONNA GIVE THE SHIT BACK. This is spending simply just to spend money not looking into what needs money and giving to them.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2009, 10:29:00 AM »
it was a youtube clip of some senetor reading from it, problem is that when the money is there they have to find a way to spend it...THEY ARENT GONNA GIVE THE SHIT BACK. This is spending simply just to spend money not looking into what needs money and giving to them.

here you go:   http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/arra_public_review/

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2009, 10:31:33 AM »
Pelosi can stimulate my package anytime!!!

Sorry...  I've resisted saying that for a long time and I couldn't hold it in anymore!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2009, 10:34:03 AM »

here you go:   http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/arra_public_review/
and this is?

Pelosi can stimulate my package anytime!!!

Sorry...  I've resisted saying that for a long time and I couldn't hold it in anymore!
LOL i bet she was good looking when she was younger but she screws it all up when she opens her mouth

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2009, 10:45:53 AM »
'

In 2009, the $ is going to create jobs.  Full accountability.
In 2008, it went to bankers to use as they wished.  Zero accountability.

Bump for this tidbit of fact.

Serious question here... Why is it all of a sudden a bad thing to spend 750 billion to stimulate the economy in 2009 when it's got actual things it's going to do... but giving away 750 billion dollars in 2008 was an ok thing to do.

Why are things different now when it comes to the money?  Why didn't the Republicans jump up and down then? At least now, they actually have some items and groups that will directly receive the money to do something and won't just "get lost" like a few billion did when it went to the banks just to "prop up" their credit markets.

Which one is more worthwhile?

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2009, 10:53:33 AM »
LOL i bet she was good looking when she was younger but she screws it all up when she opens her mouth

I'll just shut my eyes and pretend she's someone else...  and umm, you know, her mouth will be too busy doing other stuff to be talking so it'll be okay. 8)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2009, 10:53:42 AM »
and this is?

I thought you wanted details but maybe you'd rather just bellyache about talking points

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2009, 10:55:16 AM »
I'll just shut my eyes and pretend she's someone else...  and umm, you know, her mouth will be too busy doing other stuff to be talking so it'll be okay. 8)

omg that's disgusting. 

I'll take Arianna Huffington instead

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2009, 10:59:04 AM »
I thought you wanted details but maybe you'd rather just bellyache about talking points
LOL so you want me to go over all the specific details but your ok with the ppl voting on it not reading it? that makes perfect sense bro...