Author Topic: 1973 Dutch Grand Prix, epically brutal!  (Read 5513 times)

tweeter

• Getbig IV
Re: 1973 Dutch Grand Prix, epically brutal!
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2009, 04:42:57 PM »
Nascar was worse back then. Now, Formula 1 is the leader in safety regs and regulations thanks to the FIA governing body.
I don't know about that. Felipe Massa was nearly killed by that spring that come of Barichello's car earlier in the year. I would say that Nascar is safer now that they have the new car. However, I would definitely say that Indycar is the most dangerous...going 220+ on an oval in an open wheel car is going to be dangerous no matter what safety features the car has.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2009, 04:46:36 PM »
Check this one out....he was very lucky!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2009, 04:56:16 PM »
I don't know about that. Felipe Massa was nearly killed by that spring that come of Barichello's car earlier in the year. I would say that Nascar is safer now that they have the new car. However, I would definitely say that Indycar is the most dangerous...going 220+ on an oval in an open wheel car is going to be dangerous no matter what safety features the car has.
Nascar markets their crashes, it's in almost every commerical, and there is like a serious crash ever race, if nor more, I don't know about their breaks, but I know they use a adequated fueling sytem in the pits...everything in Nascar seems ro be geared toward Entertainment 1st, car, driver-2nd. I mean they made a. If fuss over the new car. There wasn't much fuss over the Kers system in F1, or went from turbo engines to naturally aspirated. Only whinning came when Ferrari and others threaten to leave.

Open wheel racing is dangerous, because of the high speeds and the lack of physically "whole" car.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2009, 05:05:38 PM »

Apples and oranges..

both go at blistering speeds.... shit happens

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2009, 03:16:00 AM »
geez, just watched it again, worst fire extinguisher ever. Doesnt even dampen the flame one bit..fucking sad. Stupid dutch probably using some cheap ass kitchen fire extinguisher they use to put out burning strudel.

I am part Dutch but this post made me laugh haha!

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2009, 03:19:03 AM »
Europeans are essentially lazy and disorganized...especiall y back in those days. Would never happen in America.

Yeah in the US they would already have shot each other for no reason  ;D

That crash posted by Signifying Monkey is nuts. Apparently the fire extinguisher the marshal was carrying before being hit and killed partially decapitated the driver when it hit his head, forcing his neck against his seat belt. The extinguisher flew over the barryer into the car park!

m8

• Getbig V

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2009, 04:29:16 AM »

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2009, 01:28:12 PM »
I am part Dutch but this post made me laugh haha!

;D