Author Topic: My views on marriage and relationships  (Read 18998 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
My views on marriage and relationships
« on: August 28, 2014, 10:14:06 AM »
Background - I'm a 55 yr old former bodybuilding douchebag and been married 4x ( 3 divorces).
I'm currently happily married to wife #4 and learned some things the hard way LOL.
I teach physics   and live in North Georgia.

Marriage

1.Partnership - Marriage is all about building a life with a loving PARTNER at your side. Both people need to work and have a stable career.
 A man doesn't need to dominate and control his wife. He herds her along with gentle persuasion and by his own example.
BOTH people need to work and bring something to the table. It's the only way to be true partners and maintain mutual respect and dignity.

2. Age - Don't even think about getting married in your 20's.
a) age 35 is the minimum age anyone who doesn't really want kids to get married. 40 is even better, especially for men.
b) age 30 for a woman who wants to have kids with a mature man ( at least 30) who really wants to be a dad.
That's young enough to have a healthy , safe birth , BUT be mature enough to deal with the demands of parenthood.

3. Personal choice - Do NOT let religious doctrine or tradition rule your decisions when it comes to marriage.
a) I have a basic spiritual belief in GOD, but, I wouldn't let some Priest, Rabi or Pastor tell you, how you should live when married.
What's good for organized religion may NOT be in a married couple's personal interest.
For example, the catholic church is still against most forms of birth control , even for married couples. WTF!

b) Breaking marital  traditions just to be different or obnoxious is dumb. For example, I thought that goofy choreographed dance , down the aisle video, was stupid and self serving to get attention.  Blindly following tradition when it doesn't feel right is even worse then some goofy dance. For example, don't live beside parents or in-laws because "that's just what you do", could be marital disaster.

4. Having children - I never had kids and considered them to be a major source of work, money and stress . But that's me and many others feel blessed and rewarded by having children.

a. Too many people have kids by "accident". The man shoots his load into his girl , oops , and 9 months later a baby. That's careless and unfair to everyone involved. I used "withdrawal" to prevent unwanted pregnancy. I know what the naysayers think about withdrawal, but it's near impossible to get a girl pregnant IF you pull out 8-10 sec BEFORE ejaculation. Of course this assume the man can control his dick from shooting at will LOL. Being able to exhibit some basic dick control will make any man a much better lover.

b. Many couples  get even closer when they PLAN the pregnancy and birth, etc. If a woman is with a man that isn't into being a dad, find another one to impregnate her or she should raise it on her own. If a woman tries to pressure or manipulate a man into getting her pregnant...RUN!

c. From what I've observed kids can be real marriage killers . The couple needs to work as a loving team to raise the kids. I've also heard it can be the both the most demanding and rewarding task anyone could take on. Having kids isn't a lukewarm deal, you will either love it or hate it for many years. Listen to your heart and if you have any doubts about having children...DON'T.

d. The terms "baby mama and baby daddy" make me cringe. This " whatever" attitude about pregnancy and parenting is dumb.
If you want kids, great, work together to raise the kids. If you don't want to be a parent, avoid getting a woman pregnant.
Humans are NOT animals,so use some self control and birth control.

5. Fidelity - If you want to screw around, don't get married. Just stay single or get divorced.
Don't give that , "it was an accident or mistake" crap when it comes to screwing around on your spouse.
An accident is slipping and falling. Unless you slipped and fell into her vavjaja, it was no mistake.

6. LIFE - My most cherished moments with my wife is when we just relax in bed watching some goofy show or movie , together.
Real life has many tedious times, for EVERYONE. Life and marriage isn't meant to be a amusement park. The key is to enjoy the basic stuff as much as the sex and fun times.
next up - SEX

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: My views on marriage and relationships
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 10:16:36 AM »
Whatever Howard says, do the opposite.  Dude's been married four times...LOL

Just kidding, Howard...but really, guys, don't do as Howard does.   :)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 10:16:50 AM »
Background - I'm a 55 yr old former bodybuilding douchebag and been married 4x ( 3 divorces).
I'm currently happily married to wife #4 and learned some things the hard way LOL.
I teach physics  at a moderate sized college and live in North Georgia.

Marriage

1.Partnership - Marriage is all about building a life with a loving PARTNER at your side. Both people need to work and have a stable career.
 A man doesn't need to dominate and control his wife. He herds her along with gentle persuasion and by his own example.
BOTH people need to work and bring something to the table. It's the only way to be true partners and maintain mutual respect and dignity.

a) age 35 is the minimum age anyone who doesn't really want kids to get married. 40 is even better, especially for men.
b) age 30 for a woman who wants to have kids with a mature man ( at least 30) who really wants to be a dad.
That's young enough to have a healthy , safe birth , BUT be mature enough to deal with the demands of parenthood.

3. Personal choice - Do NOT let religious doctrine or tradition rule your decisions when it comes to marriage.
a) I have a basic spiritual belief in GOD, but, I wouldn't let some Priest, Rabi or Pastor tell you, how you should live when married.
What's good for organized religion may NOT be in a married couple's personal interest.
For example, the catholic church is still against most forms of birth control , even for married couples. WTF!

b) Breaking marital  traditions just to be different or obnoxious is dumb. For example, I thought that goofy choreographed dance , down the aisle video, was stupid and self serving to get attention.  Blindly following tradition when it doesn't feel wrong is even worse then some goofy dance. For example, don't live beside parents or in-laws because "that's just what you do", could be marital disaster.

4. Having children - I never had kids and considered them to be a major source of work, money and stress . But that's me and many others feel blessed and rewarded by having children.

a. Too many people have kids by "accident". The man shoots his load into his girl , oops , and 9 months later a baby. That's careless and unfair to everyone involved. I used "withdrawal" to prevent unwanted pregnancy. I know what the naysayers think about withdrawal, but it's near impossible to get a girl pregnant IF you pull out 8-10 sec BEFORE ejaculation. Of course this assume the man can control his dick from shooting at will LOL. Being able to exhibit some basic dick control will make any man a much better lover.

b. Many couples  get even closer when they PLAN the pregnancy and birth, etc. If a woman is with a man that isn't into being a dad, find another one to impregnate her or she should raise it on her own. If a woman tries to pressure or manipulate a man into getting her pregnant...RUN!

c. From what I've observed kids can be real marriage killers . The couple needs to work as a loving team to raise the kids. I've also heard it can be the both the most demanding and rewarding task anyone could take on. Having kids isn't a lukewarm deal, you will either love it or hate it for many years. Listen to your heart and if you have any doubts about having children...DON'T.

d. The terms "baby mama and baby daddy" make me cringe. This " whatever" attitude about pregnancy and parenting is dumb.
If you want kids, great, work together to raise the kids. If you don't want to be a parent, avoid getting a woman pregnant.

5. Fidelity - If you want to screw around, don't get married. Just stay single or get divorced.
Don't give that , "it was an accident or mistake" crap when it comes to screwing around on your spouse.
An accident is slipping and falling. Unless you slipped and fell into her vavjaja, it was no mistake.

6. LIFE - My most cherished moments with my wife is when we just relax in bed watching some goofy show or movie , together.
Real life has many tedious times, for EVERYONE. Life and marriage isn't meant to be a amusement park. The key is to enjoy the basic stuff as much as the sex and fun times.
next up - SEX
Highlighted portion is a waste of time.  May as well believe in ghosts and Dennis Wolf`s Calves.

MikMaq

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 10:21:13 AM »
I'm currently happily married to wife #4

Seriously this is sadder than me giving advice on how to flirt with bitches at the club. using body language, facial expressions and tone of voice.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 10:29:12 AM »
Marriage

And married four times!? This is like getting a lecture from a bald barber.   ::)

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 10:35:01 AM »
I went to my 25 year high school reunion and practically every person who got married in their 20's is now divorced.  Several have had 2 divorces already.   The hot stuck-up chicks are now chubby and the scrawny nerds are now fit and muscular.  Complete role reversal. 

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 10:38:41 AM »
not gonna read that wall of text. im not taking advice from someone who been married 4 times.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 10:45:31 AM »
I teach physics  at a moderate sized college and live in North Georgia.

Marriage

b) Breaking marital  traditions just to be different or obnoxious is dumb. For example, I thought that goofy choreographed dance , down the aisle video, was stupid and self serving to get attention.  Blindly following tradition when it doesn't feel wrong is even worse then some goofy dance. For example, don't live beside parents or in-laws because "that's just what you do", could be marital disaster.

next up - SEX
Are you related to Elizabeth taylor in any way,,she had luck too in the marriage dept..

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 10:47:55 AM »
I am going to have to redline all of Section IV, all subparts. Your views on parenting are not relevant after disclosure of your no-kids status.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 10:48:28 AM »
What about Grape-fruiting and white toweling? any successful marriage can't possible exist without them  ;D

Howard,  how many of your ex-wives are you paying alimony to? Also, how much has each marriage cost you? seriously, each wife must have  taken a chunk of assets with her.

I

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 10:53:32 AM »
I went to my 25 year high school reunion and practically every person who got married in their 20's is now divorced.  Several have had 2 divorces already.   The hot stuck-up chicks are now chubby and the scrawny nerds are now fit and muscular.  Complete role reversal. 

I got married 3x before this one . Bottom line is PEOPLE CHANGE!
You won't be the same person at 40, that you were at 20.
Woman tend to change even more then men between 20 -35.

I was mistaken to get married in my younger years and they all failed.
In brief, the first two wives aid they didn't want kids when we got married .
They CHANGED a few years into marriage and wanted kids and I never did.
No way to compromise on that so we got divorced.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 10:55:30 AM »
Whatever Howard says, do the opposite.  Dude's been married four times...LOL

Just kidding, Howard...but really, guys, don't do as Howard does.   :)

It takes some guys longer to get to the winner's circle.
Jay got 2nd for several years before he finally took home the Olympia prize.

I learned the hard way about pitfalls and disasters when it comes to marriage...the hard way.

the trainer

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 11:00:42 AM »

Give me a break so because your marriage failed in your 20s nobody should get married in their 20s, are you aware that a lot of people are different from whatever you where in your 20s.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 11:02:41 AM »

Good read, thank you Howard.
Mr. AZ 2003

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 11:06:54 AM »

So do you advice men to get a new wife every decade of their adult life?   ;D

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 11:12:18 AM »
any tips for a 55 year old highly educated self employed divorced man with basically no social life on where to meet decent women?

dating sites seem to attract scambag gold diggers with nothing to offer

too old for clubbing

this is really a big issue

i cant find an answer to it

any idea howard?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 11:13:34 AM »
Give me a break so because your marriage failed in your 20s nobody should get married in their 20s, are you aware that a lot of people are different from whatever you where in your 20s.

Well, I wouldn't make a law to ban anyone from being married in their 20's.
I'm just giving my 2 cents worth of information based only on MY own life experience.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 11:15:22 AM »
not gonna read that wall of text. im not taking advice from someone who been married 4 times.

I know many will disagree, but staying in an unhappy , loveless marriage is dumb.
There is NOTHING honorable about doing that. It's just being stubborn and refusing to move on and accept reality.

MikMaq

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 11:16:10 AM »
It takes some guys longer to get to the winner's circle.
Jay got 2nd for several years before he finally took home the Olympia prize.

I learned the hard way about pitfalls and disasters when it comes to marriage...the hard way.
You see the difference is, cutler didn't start off playing basketball, switching to baseball failing moving on to college football, and then deciding on bodybuilding.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 11:16:20 AM »
Your views on parenting are not relevant after disclosure of your no-kids status.

Boom.  This.

It's amusing to read the comments based on a few friends' experiences though.  Common theme here.
Y

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 11:22:23 AM »

Following this Zen-like wisdom - you will most certainly not be the same at 65 as you are now so then you will work on number 5??????

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 11:24:51 AM »
Allow me to expound on the divorce part.

Once you sign that marriage certificate (i.e. a legally binding contract), she owns 50% of you from that point on.  You might as well cut off one of your testicles and give it to her because she owns it.

DIVORCE will kill a man.  You are going to be financially ass-raped by her and her lawyer.  Men are so stupid to believe that: "my girl would never do that to me"... oh yes she can, and probably will... whenever she wants to... no matter what the reason is.  

DO NOT GET MARRIED... EVER.  That goes for gay men as well.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 11:25:31 AM »
any tips for a 55 year old highly educated self employed divorced man with basically no social life on where to meet decent women?

dating sites seem to attract scambag gold diggers with nothing to offer

too old for clubbing

this is really a big issue

i cant find an answer to it

any idea howard?

Join a good church that's involved with the community.  Get involved with their volunteer, charitable, community work.  The single women you meet there doing volunteer charity work, are a lot less likely to be gold diggers and more likely to make selfless, goodhearted, loving wives.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2014, 11:27:33 AM »
Join a good church that's involved with the community.  Get involved with their volunteer, charitable, community work.  The single women you meet there doing volunteer charity work, are a lot less likely to be gold diggers and more likely to make selfless, goodhearted, loving wives.
no church activity in these parts except foreign culture churches or a handful diehard nutcases

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2014, 11:35:15 AM »
no church activity in these parts except foreign culture churches or a handful diehard nutcases

Are you Canadian?  That's whacha get for driving out the Christians and bringing in Muslems...LOL...I kid, I kid.   ;D