Author Topic: Liddell vs. Fedor...  (Read 8582 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Liddell vs. Fedor...
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2006, 08:30:00 AM »
Those guys are the best in their weight classes(170) and nobody in Pride at that weight may b as good. but the LH and heavy in UFC sucks beside Chuck. Chuck and can hang on to that title for along time unless Dana can come up with some decent talent to challenge him. I don't want the UFC to fold I want it to get better. I don't see why we can't have a Grand Prix style tourny or Rings type thing again in UFC. Also we need the occasional freak show fight like Pride has. They gotta do something to refresh UFC.

If I'm not mistaken, UFC can't have a grand prix style tournament due to regulations and rules regarding how often a fighter can fight in a specific time frame.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2006, 02:28:35 PM »
What good would a Tourney in UFC be.... Heavyweight Tourney In UFC looks somethin like this.......

A whole bunch of cans get beat by "The PITBULL" And "The MANIAC"

Frank Mirr gets his face busted open from a can.. Because he's a fat lazy piece of shit who's fight career is over....

Final Match 2 worn out heavy weights throwing blows of exahustian... Winner Tim Sylvia

total punches thrown in main event 40 (both fighters combined)

total punches landed (2/ only 1 apiece)

POINT OF THIS POST...... IT WOULD BE ANOTHER UFC PPV WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2006, 06:13:48 PM »
Have you seen Chuck's take down defense, even Randy couldn't get him to the ground, the freak just stands up, nothing else, pride doesn't want these fights or they wouldn't make it so difficult

Easy to do against the cage that you can grab on the way down (Chack does this in all his fights).  But look at what he did in Pride against Rampage.  Fedor is bigger, as strong, much better off his back, has a wicked chin and heavier hands.  I can't believe people are even talking about this.  Fedor would wreck Chack.  Crocop would KO Chack. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2006, 12:20:32 AM »
Yeah but its better then dragging out the same chumps for Chuck to fight. As far as the tourney deal...I imagine that Beserk is right because I think Dana would do it. I just watched UFC 5 and 6. I miss guys who came out being nijitsu or TKD guys..the fights were funny as hell.
L

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2006, 04:03:39 AM »
White's come out and said that there'd never be a tounament again in the UFC.  I agree that you can never say never in this sport, but I'd be damned surprised if Fedor wouldn't beat Liddell...soundly.

dirtysanchez

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2006, 08:51:23 AM »
What good would a Tourney in UFC be.... Heavyweight Tourney In UFC looks somethin like this.......

A whole bunch of cans get beat by "The PITBULL" And "The MANIAC"

Frank Mirr gets his face busted open from a can.. Because he's a fat lazy piece of shit who's fight career is over....

Final Match 2 worn out heavy weights throwing blows of exahustian... Winner Tim Sylvia

total punches thrown in main event 40 (both fighters combined)

total punches landed (2/ only 1 apiece)

POINT OF THIS POST...... IT WOULD BE ANOTHER UFC PPV WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!

I think you hit it right on there bro....an open weight tourney would be interesting but It'll never happen in the ufc

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2006, 03:24:07 PM »
The UFC's heavys are pathetic.  Crocop, Kharitonov, Aleks, Fedor, Fujita, Barnett would maul the UFCs crop.  Chiek Kongo has decent standup, but is vulnerable on the mat.  Frank Mir is a shadow of his former self.  Arlovski has a glass chin, Tim has awkward standup and suspect ground skills.  Dan Christensen?  They released Paul Buentello, Assuerio Silva has looked bad, the only exciting heavy is Brandon Vera. 

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2006, 07:38:49 AM »
Fedor has beaten every fighter he has ever faced.  Just because Randy had trouble taking Chuck down doesent mean Fedor would.  Cro-cop's takedown defense is just as good as Chuck's nowadays, and Fedor took him down.  The beating Fedor would bestow on "The eyesman" would make some of you TUF'ers question your religious beliefs.  Fedor would finish Chuck in the first round by any means he wants, it wouldn't even be close.
I agree 100%
S