Author Topic: Who the fuck are people always talking to?  (Read 8208 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Who the fuck are people always talking to?
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 06:24:00 PM »
Almost anywhere I go people are always talking on their cell phones.  They'll be in grocery stores, at the mall, just walking their dog, whatever and always on their phone.  I look at situations like these as an opportunity to get away from the chatter but it seems that people just always have the need to talk to someone else.

Thank you!  Even though I'm posting on my iPhone right now I hate cell phones and what they done to people. We waste so much time on them. And like you said you leave the house to get away, I agree 100%. I plan on weening myself off my phone but right now I kinda have to keep it in case of emergency because a family member is having health problems.

One of the things I love about going into the woods is no cell phone reception.

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 06:25:59 PM »
When raising very small children, women need to talk a lot to explain the basics of life to the kids. Unfortunately, women bring this trait into adult life by spewing out infantile drivel the whole day long.

Men who talk a lot on the phone are just needy and mentally weak.

Ok Freud

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 06:29:08 PM »
It's a sign of rampant insecurity and a genuine growing feeling of being disconnected with life and society in general. People are insecure and use "business on the phone" to project an aura of coolness. And being disconnected with society is a problem that compounds; the more disconnected you feel, the more you retract inwards to feel some connection to anything.

People have forgotten how to talk to people, so they chat on the phone at best, or at worst, text or email.

People are fearful of looking "uncool" out in public; how could they be so uncool as to not have someone who needs to talk to them immediately on a device. Therefore, people make busy work with the phones, in the hopes that all around them are impressed with their seemingly important goings-on on their phones.

Connecting with a phone prevents people from having to connect with random people on the street; that can be scary, and awkward, and different. You'll find most people just putt about on their phone to look too busy in a strange and unfamiliar setting with lots of people about...after all, god forbid the person next to them talk to them. They also wouldn't know how to approach the person next to them even if they wanted to; better to look busy than awkward.

I actually hate my phone. I have to have it for work. I use it as sparingly as possible.

If I sit next to you on a plane, I will actually smile at you. I will ask you how you're doing, followed by one or two conversation starter questions. If you don't want to talk, I'll get the hint by question number two and will shut up for the flight...I can look busy on my phone as well as you can. But you'd be surprised though, how many of these phone addicts are starved for real human attention. They'll gladly tell me their life story on a plane to help me pass a trip to Seattle. And when we get off, I'll say good-bye. And not 30 seconds later, they're back on their phones because no one new came along to talk to them.

It's so funny - rather than admit our vulnerabilities and desires to connect with people, we shy away like little teenagers who pretend like they're too cool for it all anyways. And these are adults I'm speaking about.

I can't figure out of society is alienating people as it spins out of control on this current course, or if people really want to be alienated out of some morbid desire for unhappiness and as a result, have created a society around them that enables this desire.

I do know this is not how we're supposed to live. This disconnection with people creates a pathological sense of apathy around the frailty of life and the precious gift of human connectivity...real, genuine, face-to-face connectivity. The kind that builds lasting friendships.

We're all in a lot of trouble if we don't start talking WITH each other, instead of AT each other. We need to INTERACT...not just post our shit on facebook so other people can post their shit.

This forum is just another tool used to undermine real connectivity. And I'm as guilty as the next guy, because I spend time on here doing what I preach against.

Physician, heal thyself!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2014, 08:30:22 PM »
The sad reality is this: All those people who spend countless hours on their phone should realize that if they were to die tomorrow, the world would keep on ticking. Their existence is not as important as they think they are.

There have been times where I have been on an elevator or something and I take out my cell phone to answer a text or email. I have noticed that a few people in the elevator then take out their cell phones. Its almost like they are trying to prove that they are important and popular as well.

But yeah, I often wonder who these people are talking to all day. Its baffling.
X

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 08:34:09 PM »
The sad reality is this: All those people who spend countless hours on their phone should realize that if they were to die tomorrow, the world would keep on ticking. Their existence is not as important as they think they are.

There have been times where I have been on an elevator or something and I take out my cell phone to answer a text or email. I have noticed that a few people in the elevator then take out their cell phones. Its almost like they are trying to prove that they are important and popular as well.

But yeah, I often wonder who these people are talking to all day. Its baffling.

People they like talking to ?

Epic nonesnse to start your post too.  The world will keep going after I die ?...really?...I thought it all ended with me   ::)

sagittal chest

• Getbig III
  • I hate the French
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2014, 08:46:13 PM »
One of your people?   You mean your girl you bitch ass punk. Go suck on Alex's nuts some more. No matter how many times you change your name you'll still be that 40 year old drunk driving loser.

Meltdown

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2014, 08:49:30 PM »
People they like talking to ?

Epic nonesnse to start your post too.  The world will keep going after I die ?...really?...I thought it all ended with me   ::)

Again, you point out the error of my ways and make me see the real picture. Thank you. You are clearly an original thinker. Good looks, intelligence, money in the bank, great education, good women, father of the year, and so much more. You are one of my idols.
X

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2014, 08:57:09 PM »
Almost anywhere I go people are always talking on their cell phones.  They'll be in grocery stores, at the mall, just walking their dog, whatever and always on their phone.  I look at situations like these as an opportunity to get away from the chatter but it seems that people just always have the need to talk to someone else.
I agree I think we are the dumbest generation ever...... 
a

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2014, 10:45:47 PM »
One of your people?   You mean your girl you bitch ass punk. Go suck on Alex's nuts some more. No matter how many times you change your name you'll still be that 40 year old drunk driving loser.

LOL I missed this post.

EDB is comical...never have I seen someone play the "ubermacho take no shit tough guy" role in EVERY fucking post he makes.

You must be quite the badass  ::)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2014, 10:47:36 PM »

Again, you point out the error of my ways and make me see the real picture. Thank you. You are clearly an original thinker. Good looks, intelligence, money in the bank, great education, good women, father of the year, and so much more. You are one of my idols.

You should just change your font to green

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2014, 10:47:45 PM »
LOL I missed this post.

EDB is comical...never have I seen someone play the "ubermacho take no shit tough guy" role in EVERY fucking post he makes.

You must be quite the badass  ::)

Maybe he is. That's the interesting thing about the internet.............you really never know who is behind the screen.  :-\ :-\
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2014, 10:48:29 PM »
You should just change your font to green

Green with envy.

Got that one  ;) ;)
X

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2014, 10:48:52 PM »
It's a sign of rampant insecurity and a genuine growing feeling of being disconnected with life and society in general. People are insecure and use "business on the phone" to project an aura of coolness. And being disconnected with society is a problem that compounds; the more disconnected you feel, the more you retract inwards to feel some connection to anything.

People have forgotten how to talk to people, so they chat on the phone at best, or at worst, text or email.

People are fearful of looking "uncool" out in public; how could they be so uncool as to not have someone who needs to talk to them immediately on a device. Therefore, people make busy work with the phones, in the hopes that all around them are impressed with their seemingly important goings-on on their phones.

Connecting with a phone prevents people from having to connect with random people on the street; that can be scary, and awkward, and different. You'll find most people just putt about on their phone to look too busy in a strange and unfamiliar setting with lots of people about...after all, god forbid the person next to them talk to them. They also wouldn't know how to approach the person next to them even if they wanted to; better to look busy than awkward.

I actually hate my phone. I have to have it for work. I use it as sparingly as possible.

If I sit next to you on a plane, I will actually smile at you. I will ask you how you're doing, followed by one or two conversation starter questions. If you don't want to talk, I'll get the hint by question number two and will shut up for the flight...I can look busy on my phone as well as you can. But you'd be surprised though, how many of these phone addicts are starved for real human attention. They'll gladly tell me their life story on a plane to help me pass a trip to Seattle. And when we get off, I'll say good-bye. And not 30 seconds later, they're back on their phones because no one new came along to talk to them.

It's so funny - rather than admit our vulnerabilities and desires to connect with people, we shy away like little teenagers who pretend like they're too cool for it all anyways. And these are adults I'm speaking about.

I can't figure out of society is alienating people as it spins out of control on this current course, or if people really want to be alienated out of some morbid desire for unhappiness and as a result, have created a society around them that enables this desire.

I do know this is not how we're supposed to live. This disconnection with people creates a pathological sense of apathy around the frailty of life and the precious gift of human connectivity...real, genuine, face-to-face connectivity. The kind that builds lasting friendships.

We're all in a lot of trouble if we don't start talking WITH each other, instead of AT each other. We need to INTERACT...not just post our shit on facebook so other people can post their shit.

This forum is just another tool used to undermine real connectivity. And I'm as guilty as the next guy, because I spend time on here doing what I preach against.

Physician, heal thyself!

Youre a brilliant fuckin writer  8)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2014, 11:06:37 PM »

Green with envy.

Got that one  ;) ;)

Is your patronizing sarcasm supposed to bother me..or do you think its going "over my head" ?

Either way...I just laugh at you.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2014, 11:10:24 PM »
Is your patronizing sarcasm supposed to bother me..or do you think its going "over my head" ?

This is why you should never look up to someone, because even idols will let you down.  :-\ :-\

No, I really don't think its going over your head.  :D :D

X

epic_alien

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2014, 11:28:56 PM »

is that why you have 10 accounts and keep having to reinvent yourself cause of the constant ownings of how fragile you really are?

ive never met you dude, but god your a insecure girl.

keep rocking those avia from 1995 and thinking you look good, your a tiny tit with no legs and bodybuilders dont respect cumguzzling old fags like you. who live in a smith machine and only train arms. i dont even like training arms and mine destroy yours.   your nothing and never will be to the guys who really bodybuild.

and yes girl, this is a bodybuilding board, i think you forget your place routinely

NightTrain

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2014, 11:33:13 PM »
is that why you have 10 accounts and keep having to reinvent yourself cause of the constant ownings of how fragile you really are?

keep rocking those avia from 1995 and thinking you look good, your a tiny tit with no legs and bodybuilders dont respect cumguzzling old fags like you. who live in a smith machine and only train arms. i dont even like training arms and mine destroy yours.   your nothing and never will be to the guys who really bodybuild.

and yes girl, this is a bodybuilding board, i think you forget your place routinely

I love it!!! Groink just got verbally skullfucked.

:D

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2014, 11:35:34 PM »
This.

Sorry...next time one of my people call..I wont pick up because I dont want to offend the antisocial losers ..hahaha

I see it both ways. Lots of antisocial people glued to the internet on their phone.

Take for example this photo which I'm sure we've all experienced in some way. Instead of being glued to their phone they could take the opportunity to conversate with eachother ...which is what one would expect from people standing around waiting with nothing to do.
A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2014, 11:37:32 PM »

keep rocking those avia from 1995 and thinking you look good, your a tiny tit with no legs and bodybuilders dont respect cumguzzling old fags like you. who live in a smith machine and only train arms. i dont even like training arms and mine destroy yours.   your nothing and never will be to the guys who really bodybuild.

Brutal but honest bro. I like your style.
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2014, 11:41:18 PM »

Why dont you like training arms? Its a great feeling when they get pumped up.  :o :D :D
X

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2014, 01:10:04 AM »

Physician, heal thyself!
Indeed, what this person said

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2014, 02:06:24 AM »
Sounds like you're one of those losers who never put their phone down.

Well, I have business contacts, friends and relatives who call me, and I have a phone with hands free. Why I wouldn't talk with them when they call? "Sorry, I can't talk with you just now, because there is some fucking morons who don't like it?". Get a life, you pitiful little wanker..

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2014, 02:25:21 AM »
Indeed, what this person said

This.

SNX has some fucking brilliant posts on Getbig - one of the best posters on here IMO.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2014, 02:30:03 AM »
I see it both ways. Lots of antisocial people glued to the internet on their phone.

Take for example this photo which I'm sure we've all experienced in some way. Instead of being glued to their phone they could take the opportunity to conversate with eachother ...which is what one would expect from people standing around waiting with nothing to do.

That photo looks like it's from Sydney, Australia.

Here is someones opinion of Sydney which sums it up:

Sydney is a festering hellhole of a place to live. With a statement like that, this article was always going to be subjective, but I've listed a few good things underneath. My advice: come see the place, but be careful about staying!

Things I Hate

- Housing. Prices in Sydney are some of the highest in the world. Not only because of the location but because population growth is outpacing development, thanks to our incompetent state government. Realistically, only two-income households (average) can consider buying a house within an hour of the CBD.

- Renting. Because of that scarcity, rents are ludicrous while rental vacancies are below 1% in some areas. You'll be competing against 20 - 50 people to rent that crumbling hovel of an apartment. Landlords here are diabolical: they'll dodge repairs while raising rents at the drop of a hat.

- Traffic congestion, retarded motorists, abominable roads and limited parking - a whole 'nother article.

- Appalling public transport. There are vast swathes of the metro area that are not adequately covered, thanks to our incompetent state government, so you'll have to drive. If you're lucky, you can rub up against sweaty commuters in your 10-year old train that's running late. (RailCorp is some kind of hybrid business orchestrated by our greedy state government and has been the subject of an ICAC corruption enquiry).

- Antisocial people. Nobody in Sydney wants to make your acquaintance. Sydneysiders are incompassionate, rude and snobby. They walk briskly while listening to their iPod and averting eye contact. Sydney motorists will overtake you while you're sliding down the road after falling off your bike (true story).

- The crowds: people everywhere, on the streets, on the platform, in traffic. It's a bloody ant colony.

- Obsession with wealth and glamour. On the streets, BMW X5s, Porsche Cayennes and Hummers. Versace suits, designer sunglasses and pointy shoes. In the clubs, tiny dresses and 6-inch heels. Go to the Races at Randwick and see what I mean. Nary a skerrick of substance.

- It's bloody expensive! Rents are ridiculous. It costs $15 just to get on the train out of the airport, or $15 to park for an hour. Local beers at city establishments will cost $5, spirits upwards of $10 and cocktails $20. Meter parking varies anywhere from $2.20 to $6.60 per hour, and you'll need it. Using taxis more than occasionally will bankrupt you.

- Everyone seems to be highly strung.Stressed about their exams, their work, their mortgage... who knows?! Some might like life "fast-paced", but I think life's not meant to be that way. Happy heart attack!

- There is very little intrinsic culture to Sydney, even more so than Australia in general.I have fond memories of Old Sydney Town, but it closed down in 2003.Culture seems to revolve around drinking, working and holidays?Oh yes and sport.Australia is a young country after all.

- Sydney is a major entry point for migrants into Australia, and though I have nothing against migration per se (I am one), volumes of ill-mannered migrants inhabit the city. These are people who refuse to integrate and move only amongst their own insular groups. In some places, the typical bystander won't speak English! Conversing loudly in foreign tongues in public is not appealing.

- Urban sprawl. On average, it takes more than an hour in traffic to drive out of city, if that matters to you.Unless you pay coastal rents, you'll also spend time in the car getting to the beach.

Mitigating Factors

- The geography of the harbour, the beaches, the bridges, it's all very beautiful.

- The weather is relatively mild for a temperate locale, with warm, sunny summers.

- The handful of tourist traps: the Harbour Bridge, the Opera House, Bondi beach, Manly beach and ferry, Taronga Zoo, The Blue Mountains (getting B-grade now...)

- The city is quite multicultural, so you can dine at many foreign eateries and partake in culturally diverse activites such as salsa.

- Jobs are plentiful and pay better than other areas, but you'll need it!

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2014, 03:23:41 AM »
 :D