Author Topic: whats the avg bf% for fitness, swimsuit models on a shoot?  (Read 2447 times)

slayer

• Getbig IV
whats the avg bf% for fitness, swimsuit models on a shoot?
« on: August 17, 2006, 08:20:45 AM »
when you girls  have a photo shoot for swimsuit or fitness clothing whats your bf lavel around?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
Re: whats the avg bf% for fitness, swimsuit models on a shoot?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 09:07:08 AM »
Much of it depends on your bodytype, the look the photoshoot is trying to capture and the actual clothing you will be in.  I would say that it could range from 8-12+ depending on these variables.  I'm sure some girls can get away with more then that if they have very good natural curves.  Though I think I look best (and am most comfortable) at 8% I've been told that is too hard for the look they were trying to capture.  If you are getting ready to do a photoshoot ask the photographer what look they are trying to acheive and get samples so you know. 
Jennifer

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 09:25:58 AM »
Julie dials in at 8.975 +/- .005 %
Just kidding...  :)
Beast is right...it all depends on your body type, muscular composition and how you carry your weight...

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 01:33:41 AM »
when you girls  have a photo shoot for swimsuit or fitness clothing whats your bf lavel around?

Consider that a female will always have approx 3 percent higher BF than a male, due to natural fat stores.

In other words, a pro bodybuilder is somewhere around 4-5 % when getting on stage. That would equal approx 7-8% bodyfat for an absolutely ripped female pro BB.

Now, it may not be what her caliper reads.

But it's definitely her BF level.

If it goes below, she's reaching critical levels.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 01:34:36 AM »
Much of it depends on your bodytype, the look the photoshoot is trying to capture and the actual clothing you will be in.  I would say that it could range from 8-12+ depending on these variables.  I'm sure some girls can get away with more then that if they have very good natural curves.  Though I think I look best (and am most comfortable) at 8% I've been told that is too hard for the look they were trying to capture.  If you are getting ready to do a photoshoot ask the photographer what look they are trying to acheive and get samples so you know. 

Your caliper measurement may read 8%.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 10:15:11 AM »
Consider that a female will always have approx 3 percent higher BF than a male, due to natural fat stores.

In other words, a pro bodybuilder is somewhere around 4-5 % when getting on stage. That would equal approx 7-8% bodyfat for an absolutely ripped female pro BB.

Now, it may not be what her caliper reads.

But it's definitely her BF level.

If it goes below, she's reaching critical levels.

YIP
Zack
caliper measurements are usually around 1 to 2% higher then underwater weighing , o if your mreasuring 3% caliper your probally 5% underwater.. thats why alot of guys get zero % caliper when thier actually 2 to 3%

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 12:14:59 PM »
The DEXA scan is very accurate...  better than the underwater method.
 BF varies by the body and no one cares what it is, it is what you look like. I rarely weight myself or measure it unless it is pre contest and just to make sure it is decreasing