Author Topic: GUAIFENESIN?  (Read 5672 times)

shrek

• Getbig IV
GUAIFENESIN?
« on: February 11, 2009, 06:10:42 PM »
ok just got bronkaid and the other ingeredient is GUAIFENESIN dont know what it is will it cause any problems?

4thAD

Re: GUAIFENESIN?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 06:13:36 PM »
Nope not that I know of. It opens up your lungs, and will help get you through a good cardio session.

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 06:29:38 PM »
ok cool ill just eat away

4thAD

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 06:41:11 PM »
should be 25mg ephedrine, and 200mg guaifenesin, correct? It will definitely have you breathing easier, just dont eat too many! ;D

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 07:08:56 PM »
na it 25mg - 400mg

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 09:11:18 PM »
ok just got bronkaid and the other ingeredient is GUAIFENESIN dont know what it is will it cause any problems?

It's only a common expectorant found in common OTC cough medicines.

It helps clear the lungs.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 10:46:31 PM »
It's only a common expectorant found in common OTC cough medicines.

It helps clear the lungs.

DIV

Its a little more than an expectorant.  You'll see it marketed as an expectorant, but Guafenisin is commonly used as an anesthetic drug in large animals (Look up triple drip).   It has distinct sedative properties including muscle relaxation.   Straight GF can be used to sedate everything from unruley cattle to deer to horses.   Sedation is a common side effect with humans taking it too.

I've wondered with the ephedrine products if this doesn't completely deactivate/inhibit the stimulatory effects of the ephedrine. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 10:47:59 PM »
Its a little more than an expectorant.  You'll see it marketed as an expectorant, but Guafenisin is commonly used as an anesthetic drug in large animals (Look up triple drip).   It has distinct sedative properties including muscle relaxation.   Straight GF can be used to sedate everything from unruley cattle to deer to horses.   Sedation is a common side effect with humans taking it too.

I've wondered with the ephedrine products if this doesn't completely deactivate/inhibit the stimulatory effects of the ephedrine. 
it does not inhibit the muscle contraction effects... as far as increasing the strength of msucle contractions.. however i think yoru right that it does inhibit a bit of the mental stimulant

Mega Man

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 11:52:55 PM »
after the ephedrine ban when people first started the bronkaid and other stuff....I remember someone saying on another board that GUAIFENESIN  causes you to pass kidney stones through the urine?

anyone ever heard of this?

I realy don't care cause Ive been taking for two years staright now ;D

seriously... I came off my fist cycle fine, but when I tried to stop ehpedrine for  a week recently......I became depressed and withdraw symptoms and had to start again! Im seriously scared that Im addicted hard core....especialy that comming off gear is easier for me than comming off epherine! ???

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 07:26:41 PM »

You learn something new everyday.......contrats, Vet.

I suppose in low doses, the sedative effects are negligible.

DIV

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 10:09:05 PM »
You learn something new everyday.......contrats, Vet.

I suppose in low doses, the sedative effects are negligible.

DIV

I really don't know.  Its something I've wondered about for a long time.   I know the drugs effects as an anesthetic though, it works very well.  If you think about it, most respiratory expectorant/antitussive type drugs have sedative effects.   Triple drip is too commonly used in too many species for me to think that there isn't some sort of an effect.  It also makes sense to include a drug that causes sedation with a "stimulant" like ephedra from the standpoint of regulation and avoiding government inquisition.  That gives a built in countereffect for legal purposes.   

I just don't know. 

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 10:21:13 PM »
it does not inhibit the muscle contraction effects... as far as increasing the strength of msucle contractions.. however i think yoru right that it does inhibit a bit of the mental stimulant

And your training in the pharmacology and effects of anesthetic drugs is what from where? 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 10:07:09 AM »
And your training in the pharmacology and effects of anesthetic drugs is what from where? 

and yorus was very brief and based on animals, right "veterenarian" ?  ;)

im speaking from..... "personal experience"...(oooooo wtahc out now cuz now im really hittin heavy with the cold hard facts..ahahahaha)

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 05:04:33 PM »
and yorus was very brief and based on animals, right "veterenarian" ?  ;)

im speaking from..... "personal experience"...(oooooo wtahc out now cuz now im really hittin heavy with the cold hard facts..ahahahaha)

My advice is that you learn to spell.  It makes you look more grown up. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 05:05:12 PM »
My advice is that you learn to spell.  It makes you look more grown up. 

but!!! im not grown up  :D

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 06:12:07 PM »
I really don't know.  Its something I've wondered about for a long time.   I know the drugs effects as an anesthetic though, it works very well.  If you think about it, most respiratory expectorant/antitussive type drugs have sedative effects.   Triple drip is too commonly used in too many species for me to think that there isn't some sort of an effect.  It also makes sense to include a drug that causes sedation with a "stimulant" like ephedra from the standpoint of regulation and avoiding government inquisition.  That gives a built in countereffect for legal purposes.   

I just don't know. 

I never considered that part of it.

I just thought the expectorant was there simply as a regulatory issue by the FDA.

DIV

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 10:08:54 AM »

Makes sense.  I have never used any 100% pure ephedrine but I have used bronkaid that has the ephedrine + guaf combo and at 50mg/day I did not feel any stimulant effects

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 10:26:25 AM »
When Bill what's his name from EAS introduced the ECA stack in his supp guide he strictly said to stay away from guaifenesin because it will counteract the effects from the ephedrine for fat loss.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 03:20:34 PM »
I really don't know.  Its something I've wondered about for a long time.   I know the drugs effects as an anesthetic though, it works very well.  If you think about it, most respiratory expectorant/antitussive type drugs have sedative effects.   Triple drip is too commonly used in too many species for me to think that there isn't some sort of an effect.  It also makes sense to include a drug that causes sedation with a "stimulant" like ephedra from the standpoint of regulation and avoiding government inquisition.  That gives a built in countereffect for legal purposes.   

I just don't know. 

I never noticed any sedation from it. Sedation isn't listed as a side-effect either, from oral use at least. I liked the old Dymetadrine 25 the best and I think those had guaifenesin in them.

I have read that the guaifenesin has been added partly because it's harder to extract the pure ephedrine for meth-making purposes. Don't know if that's true.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 03:57:23 PM »
I never noticed any sedation from it. Sedation isn't listed as a side-effect either, from oral use at least. I liked the old Dymetadrine 25 the best and I think those had guaifenesin in them.

I have read that the guaifenesin has been added partly because it's harder to extract the pure ephedrine for meth-making purposes. Don't know if that's true.

That was my impression as well.

DIV

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 01:58:01 PM »
When Bill what's his name from EAS introduced the ECA stack in his supp guide he strictly said to stay away from guaifenesin because it will counteract the effects from the ephedrine for fat loss.

anyone else heard this?  also i bought 60 bronkaid tabs about 2 months ago, how long before I can buy more?  they made me show id to purchase

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 02:01:21 PM »
anyone else heard this?  also i bought 60 bronkaid tabs about 2 months ago, how long before I can buy more?  they made me show id to purchase

I just went and tried to by 10 packs of 24 pills(12.5 mgs.). They told me I could only buy 4 packs at a time. Usually I know the Arab working there so it's no problem. I also noticed they keep the money from ephedrine sales in a separate box.
E

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2009, 10:51:32 PM »

There's a limit due to the conversion of Ephedrine to Meth.

DIV

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 05:37:34 PM »
fuck it, ill just get my girl to go in and buy w/ her id.  anyone else know about guaifenesin making the ephedrine less potent?