Author Topic: I am legend  (Read 9431 times)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
I am legend
« on: December 17, 2007, 05:57:00 PM »
Have any of you guys seen this movie. Its not released here in Aus till early January. I've seen the previews and it looks awesome. Any good?
No doubt about it...

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: I am legend
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 06:02:54 PM »
A couple of people have seen it here.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=181670.0
E

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 06:09:25 PM »
I havent seen the movie yet but it looks very good. They say that the stars were off the charts... :D

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 09:31:44 PM »
It also gets released here in early Jan.
Definitely on my list of must see movies.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 07:26:20 PM »
Just watched it. I have a friend who gets those DVD Screeners....

Anyway, it's nerve wracking and depressing. I thought overall it was a good movie. Didn't leave a huge impression on me though. The Night Seekers looked like video games characters. I would have like to see a build up to the chaos. More of a back story.
$

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 05:54:48 AM »
Just watched it. I have a friend who gets those DVD Screeners....

Anyway, it's nerve wracking and depressing. I thought overall it was a good movie. Didn't leave a huge impression on me though. The Night Seekers looked like video games characters. I would have like to see a build up to the chaos. More of a back story.

Fun to watch, but I agree. The story was rushed.  Too loud and just implausible. The Night Seekers weren’t just zombies they were Superzombies… with strength, speed, and agility that not even Spiderman has.  If a virus could do that most guys would want it! LOL

Oh, and Will Smith as a Ph.D virologist, soldier/weapons expert/amateur bodybuilder was a little hard to swallow.  I’ve known a few Ph.D. virologists intimately and none of them were built like the character in this movie.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 07:08:57 AM »
I’ve known a few Ph.D. virologists intimately and none of them were built like the character in this movie.
You sound disappointed  ;)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2007, 07:34:13 AM »
You sound disappointed  ;)

I am.  It's usually an either or proposition.  You can have the mature brilliant researcher (it takes a long time to get a Ph.D and build a research program/career) or you can have the the young hunky soldier with bulging muscles.  Guess which one I chose.  :)

btw, that lead zombie was kinda cute.  ;D

28 Days Later was a better zombie movie.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2007, 04:59:37 PM »
Fun to watch, but I agree. The story was rushed.  Too loud and just implausible. The Night Seekers weren’t just zombies they were Superzombies… with strength, speed, and agility that not even Spiderman has.  If a virus could do that most guys would want it! LOL

Oh, and Will Smith as a Ph.D virologist, soldier/weapons expert/amateur bodybuilder was a little hard to swallow.  I’ve known a few Ph.D. virologists intimately and none of them were built like the character in this movie.

I couldn't really place what role Will Smith's role was in the whole virus. He said it was "his site" but didn't really go into the back story of HOW it was his site.

I was holding this movie up to I Robot which I watched about 10 times and each time it's fresh. This didn't match up.

However last night after reflecting on this movie I got a near anxiety attack thinking about if this scenario actually happened. I mean that shit was literally hopeless for him. At least in 28 days/weeks later the zombies don't thrive.
$

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2007, 09:24:25 PM »
I couldn't really place what role Will Smith's role was in the whole virus. He said it was "his site" but didn't really go into the back story of HOW it was his site.

I was holding this movie up to I Robot which I watched about 10 times and each time it's fresh. This didn't match up.

However last night after reflecting on this movie I got a near anxiety attack thinking about if this scenario actually happened. I mean that shit was literally hopeless for him. At least in 28 days/weeks later the zombies don't thrive.

I love apocalyptic stories/films, but a Ph.D virologist, soldier/weapons expert/amateur bodybuilder who just happens to be immune to the virus?  ::)

I downloaded the film and am watching it again.. Maybe it will get better with subsequent viewings... LOL  I agree iRobot holds up much better.  But any way you slice it, it's official: ID4, iRobot, I am Legend; Will Smith is one of the new generation of bankable action stars.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2007, 11:13:59 PM »
I love apocalyptic stories/films, but a Ph.D virologist, soldier/weapons expert/amateur bodybuilder who just happens to be immune to the virus?  ::)

I downloaded the film and am watching it again.. Maybe it will get better with subsequent viewings... LOL  I agree iRobot holds up much better.  But any way you slice it, it's official: ID4, iRobot, I am Legend; Will Smith is one of the new generation of bankable action stars.

Will Smith is untouchable. He has that Oprah Winfrey type quality where he's black enough for blacks but safe enough for whites not to be threatened by him. As long as he keeps the "blackness" voice for when he's mouthing off to a foe people will like him. Will Smith is where the media wishes the rest of urban society would catch up to.
$

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 06:30:22 AM »
  But any way you slice it, it's official: ID4, iRobot, I am Legend; Will Smith is one of the new generation of bankable action stars.

That started 11 years ago when Independence Day came out. Remember they used to call him the king of the 4th of July?
E

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 06:41:02 AM »
I am.  It's usually an either or proposition.  You can have the mature brilliant researcher (it takes a long time to get a Ph.D and build a research program/career) or you can have the the young hunky soldier with bulging muscles.  Guess which one I chose.  :)

btw, that lead zombie was kinda cute.  ;D

That's borderline beasteality   :o

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 09:35:16 AM »
That's borderline beasteality   :o

Sex with a musclebeast zombie?  Hot!  :P

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2007, 11:10:16 AM »
Sex with a musclebeast zombie?  Hot!  :P

I told my wife if I hadn't fucked in 3 years and was the last man on Earth I'd fuck that sedated zombie he had laid out on that table.
$

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2007, 11:43:22 AM »
I told my wife if I hadn't fucked in 3 years and was the last man on Earth I'd fuck that sedated zombie he had laid out on that table.

3 years...? what about the dog?

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2007, 01:50:19 PM »
3 years...? what about the dog?

well the dog wasn't human. I mean if your macking it to a manikin in a store then you're not above fucking a viral savage. 
$

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 05:32:53 PM »
well the dog wasn't human. I mean if your macking it to a manikin in a store then you're not above fucking a viral savage. 

I'd do a muscle zombie (not a regular zombie) but not a dog.  :-X

Did the telephones and internet stop working in this future world?  Why?  If he had the electricity and wherewithal to set up his radio broadcast why weren’t the survivor colonies in Vermont and elsewhere in touch with each other?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2007, 05:39:55 PM »
i thought it was pretty cool. the scenes where hes driving the mustang around the city are the best in the whole movie...especially when he's hunting the pack of deer

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2007, 06:10:12 PM »
How long does gas keep till it spoils? Do you think his liberal use to energy in his home was a metaphor for American denial about not being able to bend the Earth to our will? I mean seriously he was acting like shit was the same as always.
$

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2007, 10:30:32 PM »
This may be a dumb question, ...but once you d/l all the parts, ...how do you get them all in one file?
w

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2007, 10:59:04 PM »
This may be a dumb question, ...but once you d/l all the parts, ...how do you get them all in one file?

if you watch them just make a play list. they'll go one to another in the order you have it
$

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2007, 11:18:33 PM »
Thank you
w