Author Topic: You guys remember Richie Kotzen?  (Read 9787 times)

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
You guys remember Richie Kotzen?
« on: June 26, 2009, 11:15:56 PM »
I just knew he was a great guitar player who was with Poison almost 20 years ago, wow..20 fucking years...lol.  He also was in Mr. Big after that.

I ran across some of his shit on YouTube and that dude can sing.  I didn't know he wrote that Poison song Stand.  Looks to be in good shape as well not sure how old he is.  May have started young.

Here is some live acoustic stuff... :)

And a CLASSIC Rod Stewart cover that looks to be performed in a house.  The dude hit the Bigtime.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: You guys remember Richie Kotzen?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 01:59:52 PM »
Remember him from old metal mags... never listened to Poison though...

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 02:56:50 PM »

I remember some of the ads he did for various guitar companies, I think there was some string companies in there too. I didn't know that CC Deville had left/been booted from Poison, till I saw Richie on an album of theirs. Then I didn't know he'd been canned either till I saw the Rockumentary on the group....

I believe it was Rickie Rockett (sp?) that I'm about to paraphrase:

"Richie was doing OK in the band, and we were all happy with him. Till one day he and my fiance came to me and told me that they'd been having a torrid love affair for quite a long time behind my back.
The last thing I ever heard or saw from Richie Kotzen was him climbing over a chain-link fence after we pulled the bus off the road, and threw his bags out on the grass. And he was climbing over the fence as we pulled off."

:o :o :o

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 04:07:43 PM »
I remember some of the ads he did for various guitar companies, I think there was some string companies in there too. I didn't know that CC Deville had left/been booted from Poison, till I saw Richie on an album of theirs. Then I didn't know he'd been canned either till I saw the Rockumentary on the group....

I believe it was Rickie Rockett (sp?) that I'm about to paraphrase:

"Richie was doing OK in the band, and we were all happy with him. Till one day he and my fiance came to me and told me that they'd been having a torrid love affair for quite a long time behind my back.
The last thing I ever heard or saw from Richie Kotzen was him climbing over a chain-link fence after we pulled the bus off the road, and threw his bags out on the grass. And he was climbing over the fence as we pulled off."

:o :o :o

lol...great story.  Doing the chick right under his nose.  Poor Rikki got his feelings hurt huh?  Why does nobody blame the skank?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 04:26:35 PM »
I just knew he was a great guitar player who was with Poison almost 20 years ago, wow..20 fucking years...lol.  He also was in Mr. Big after that.

I ran across some of his shit on YouTube and that dude can sing.  I didn't know he wrote that Poison song Stand.  Looks to be in good shape as well not sure how old he is.  May have started young.

Here is some live acoustic stuff... :)

And a CLASSIC Rod Stewart cover that looks to be performed in a house.  The dude hit the Bigtime.

Is that really his name? Richie KOTZEN? :o
I hate the State.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 04:17:18 AM »
Kotzen means "to puke" in German.

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 12:45:39 AM »
Yeh, he did start young. His early stuff had the whole potential Steve Vai thing going on. I lost respect for him after the Rikki Rockett thing. You're on the road with ass everywhere and you STILL choose to fuck your boss' wife? Not very smart. Fuck that guy. :)
Almost always, yes.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 02:32:14 AM »
Poison fucking sucks.

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 08:45:51 AM »
Watch it, Lats! Poison gave us classics like 'Something to Believe In' and...and...and...

I've got nothin'.
Almost always, yes.

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 05:32:10 AM »
Watch it, Lats! Poison gave us classics like 'Something to Believe In' and...and...and...

I've got nothin'.

Unskinny Fucking Bop!!!!! Recognize!!!