Author Topic: Black People Films-WHY do they ALWAYS Involve a Man Dressing up as a woman?  (Read 9708 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
it is a landslide, those or the facts.

Says who? Where is this data that black men dress as women far more than whites ones do?

Even Arnold has done that as a gag, before. It supposed to be funny. Has Arnold been emasculated because of it?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Or how about gay men who portray straigh hetero/pussy pulling men, Like the dude from how I met you mother, and The husband for Bewitched and dude who played Jack Tripper, the panty slipper.   

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
These are Black Women posting.  They are sick and tired of it.  They see it as a detriment so there definitely is something to this because they clearly feel this way.  Many Actors, Isiah Washington, Morgan Freeman, Bill Cosby, Dave Chapelle, Sidney Poitier have commented on it as well as it being Negative not only to Black Women and Men but to African Americans in general.

You can`t just make a blanket statement and say this does not affect Black Culture and the portrayal of African American men and women.

Afterall, this type of gimmick is clearly playing on Black Myths and Black Stereotypes and the recipients do have a right to be angry at such portrayals.

The problem with that is shown with the phenomenal success of one Tyler Perry. One, he's not pandering to white audiences. Two, you will recall, his plays grossed over $75 million dollars, with virtually all-black audiences, mostly WOMEN.

Before he signed with Lionsgate, to push his first movie, "Diary of a Mad Black Woman, the CEO, Jon Feltheimer, had no idea who he was. The story goes that, while none of the white employees had ever heard of Perry, a black assistant sales manager knew exactly who he was. She mentioned that she and her family watched his plays at a number of their get-togethers. Feltheimer noticed that, when he talked to his black employees, NEARLY ALL OF THEM knew of (and liked) Perry's work.

As for Madea, again, that was supposed to be a one-time deal (done as a gag). But, the audience (mostly black women) LOVED the Madea character. As the sayings go, "You dance with the one that brung ya!" or, if you prefer, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Black women are the reason that Perry went from living in his car, to being a multi-millionaire, with his own studio 5 number-one films, and now, a talk show. It started before he did the Madea thing; but it has SKYROCKETED, since adopting that character ten years ago. Of the 5 movies of his that went #1, 4 of them had the Madea character: Diary of a Mad Black Woman, Madea's Family Reunion, Madea Goes to Jail, and I Can Do Bad All By Myself.

As long as the sisters dig Madea, Perry is going to give them what they want (and make a killing in the process).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
BTW, did anyone else check out, Why Did I Get Married, Too?