Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 585469 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #450 on: August 27, 2015, 10:58:41 PM »

My years with the Machado's I grew to really admire Jean-Jacques. Of all the Machado's he was the most disciplined and mentally and physically the toughest of them all. Also, I love his style of Jiu-Jitsu. Very smooth and technical. Always in motion and ALWAYS going for the submission. Even if it meant he might lose on points he wasn't going to hold you and run out the clock. He was always going to try to submit you. And can you imagine what it must be like to be in a grappling sport without any fingers?

But that sounds like Jean-Jacques. Another one that when it comes to Jiu-Jitsu and his "flag" as Rickson likes to refer to all the factions within the family, he's going to defend it to the the death. Even if it means going against his own cousin.

JJ was generally a serious no nonsense person but he also had his light joking side. The way he made fun of Royce and that what a fool Rorion was to put Royce in a special match with Wallid Ismail for all of Brasil to see. He knew the real story behind Royce.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #451 on: August 27, 2015, 11:09:30 PM »
Dear Be There,
  I very much appreciate your advice.  You seem to be a long time and well respected GetBigger.
  I often say that in my professional life, "I am not in the Appreciation Game."
  I didn't come to GetBig to be appreciated, but rather, to see if there was any interest in talking
bodybuilding, diet, training, supplements, cardio and even other stuff I think is kool (cars, MMA, etc.).
  Of course, it's always nice to be well received but no one can please everyone so I understand that
my recent bout of interest to a small few will probably precipitously wane in the very near future.
  But, if there is conversation to be had about what really goes on in Bodybuilding and there is real information
that can benefit my training, diet and cardio, then it's worth being on GetBig.
  Would also be nice if some of the guys introduced themselves at the shows.  Say what you will about The Mayor
of Bodybuilding, but Craig and I met him along with his friends well over 10 years ago at a NY show and he couldn't
have been a nicer guy.  I promised to mail him some Craig Richardson t-shirts he had requested and when they arrived
he seemed genuinely shocked but also pleased.  He's just a big fan who as far as I know, never hurt or even insulted anyone.
  I like guys who are really fans of the sport as they are the ones most eager to trade information and not hoard it for
themselves like many of the pro bodybuilders, specifically Dexter Jackson, but don't get me started on him.
Harley

Simple Simon

« Reply #452 on: August 27, 2015, 11:15:16 PM »
Dear Be There,
  I very much appreciate your advice.  You seem to be a long time and well respected GetBigger.  I often say that in my professional life, "I am not in the Appreciation Game."
  I didn't come to GetBig to be appreciated, but rather, to see if there was any interest in talking
bodybuilding, diet, training, supplements, cardio and even other stuff I think is kool (cars, MMA, etc.).
  Of course, it's always nice to be well received but no one can please everyone so I understand that
my recent bout of interest to a small few will probably precipitously wane in the very near future.
  But, if there is conversation to be had about what really goes on in Bodybuilding and there is real information
that can benefit my training, diet and cardio, then it's worth being on GetBig.
  Would also be nice if some of the guys introduced themselves at the shows.  Say what you will about The Mayor
of Bodybuilding, but Craig and I met him along with his friends well over 10 years ago at a NY show and he couldn't
have been a nicer guy.  I promised to mail him some Craig Richardson t-shirts he had requested and when they arrived
he seemed genuinely shocked but also pleased.  He's just a big fan who as far as I know, never hurt or even insulted anyone.
  I like guys who are really fans of the sport as they are the ones most eager to trade information and not hoard it for
themselves like many of the pro bodybuilders, specifically Dexter Jackson, but don't get me started on him.
Harley

No, no Im not.

And as for Dexter, Im sure your little name drop will get one of these lickspittles foaming at the mouth for info.

Nice touch.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #453 on: August 27, 2015, 11:19:17 PM »
My years with the Machado's I grew to really admire Jean-Jacques. Of all the Machado's he was the most disciplined and mentally and physically the toughest of them all. Also, I love his style of Jiu-Jitsu. Very smooth and technical. Always in motion and ALWAYS going for the submission. Even if it meant he might lose on points he wasn't going to hold you and run out the clock. He was always going to try to submit you. And can you imagine what it must be like to be in a grappling sport without any fingers?

But that sounds like Jean-Jacques. Another one that when it comes to Jiu-Jitsu and his "flag" as Rickson likes to refer to all the factions within the family, he's going to defend it to the the death. Even if it means going against his own cousin.

JJ was generally a serious no nonsense person but he also had his light joking side. The way he made fun of Royce and that what a fool Rorion was to put Royce in a special match with Wallid Ismail for all of Brasil to see. He knew the real story behind Royce.

I would love to know "the real story behind Royce"

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #454 on: August 27, 2015, 11:20:05 PM »
No, no Im not.

And as for Dexter, Im sure your little name drop will get one of these lickspittles foaming at the mouth for info.

Nice touch.

Dear Be There,
  It's good to see you are still following this thread.
  I'm glad we could be friends.
Harley

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #455 on: August 27, 2015, 11:21:58 PM »
No, no Im not.

Nice touch.

Dexter? Please get started. I'm foaming at the mouth.

Sorry Be There.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #456 on: August 27, 2015, 11:24:26 PM »
Dear Pellius,
  It's almost 2:30 am here and I have to go to court tomorrow morning but I promise
to relay the Dexter stuff.  I have a few issues with him.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #457 on: August 27, 2015, 11:27:02 PM »
   Perhaps it's time for someone to post a picture of a woman I think is hot before this goes into an area
that doesn't have anything to do with me.

Hoping to wake up tomorrow with some motivating photos so as to set down my hot cup of coffee and continue
speaking with you guys.

Simple Simon

« Reply #458 on: August 27, 2015, 11:28:05 PM »
Dear Pellius,
  It's almost 2:30 am here and I have to go to court tomorrow morning but I promise
Harley
I have no interest in rumours about Dexter.
I would rather you didnt talk about someone who isnt here to defend himself.
I bet Dexter stays awake at night over the "issues" you two have.  ::)

Simple Simon

« Reply #459 on: August 27, 2015, 11:29:21 PM »
Dear Be There,
  It's good to see you are still following this thread.
  I'm glad we could be friends.
Harley
I follow threads, its what happens on a forum, its never personal regardless of the way things go.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #460 on: August 27, 2015, 11:34:22 PM »
Dear Pellius,
Harley

Understand.

I'm back in Hawaii now and always the last one up. Only UK guys keep me up past my bed time.

I'm not a fan of Dexter as a person either but think he is one of the greatest bbers ever. Can't believe he's still around and has even improved judging by the Arnold.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #461 on: August 27, 2015, 11:47:43 PM »
I have no interest in rumours about Dexter.
I would rather you didnt talk about someone who isnt here to defend himself.
I bet Dexter stays awake at night over the "issues" you two have.  ::)

Would love to have Dex here. Along with DLB and Piana and Bostin.

But it's all gossip and opinions. And though Dex may not care about me or HB specifically if I was a celeb I'd be interested in knowing how I am coming across to the fans.

Simple Simon

« Reply #462 on: August 27, 2015, 11:54:09 PM »
Would love to have Dex here. Along with DLB and Piana and Bostin.

But it's all gossip and opinions. And though Dex may not care about me or HB specifically if I was a celeb I'd be interested in knowing how I am coming across to the fans.
Thing is there are no bodybuilding fans on this board.
So why would they care what a few morons on here think?

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #463 on: August 28, 2015, 01:44:52 AM »
What pen do you carry? What pen sits at your desk?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #464 on: August 28, 2015, 10:07:09 AM »
I made it out to train last night

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #465 on: August 28, 2015, 10:18:59 AM »
Should definitely rock the bow tie with gi.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #466 on: August 28, 2015, 10:34:43 AM »
Should definitely rock the bow tie with gi.

;D

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #467 on: August 28, 2015, 10:56:17 AM »
Harley should not only wear his bowtie with his gi, but also tie his belt as a big bowtie!

Harley Breite = King of Kings!

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #468 on: August 28, 2015, 11:10:29 AM »
Harley has anyone ever told you that you look like John Romero? The dude that created the PC games Doom/Quake/etc.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #469 on: August 28, 2015, 11:46:13 AM »
Dear Neither Animal,
  I didn't know who this was until you posted the photo.
  It's been said I look similar to a lot worse than that so I take it as a compliment.
  I don't know anything about PC games but I assume this is probably a really wealthy
guy to whom every one of his high school teachers said he should stay in shop class and that
he would never amount to anything.
  I commend him.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #470 on: August 28, 2015, 12:06:46 PM »
   This client of mine was charged with driving cross country, entering a church during Sunday morning's sermon
and killing his wife, a good Samaritan trying to save people and then paralyzing his wife's aunt.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #471 on: August 28, 2015, 12:09:00 PM »
  This client was charged with cutting the throat, from one side to the next of his hooker girlfriend just 5 months
after being released from a 6 year prison sentence for Aggravated Assault.  While in prison he slashed the face of
an inmate so badly that he spent 1 year in solitary confinement.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #472 on: August 28, 2015, 12:16:11 PM »
  This client was charged with cutting the throat, from one side to the next of his hooker girlfriend just 5 months
after being released from a 6 year prison sentence for Aggravated Assault.  While in prison he slashed the face of
an inmate so badly that he spent 1 year in solitary confinement.
Will he ever change his ways or did prison change him forever?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #473 on: August 28, 2015, 12:17:41 PM »
Craig and I in Vegas

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #474 on: August 28, 2015, 12:19:07 PM »
Craig at the 1997 USA