Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 585454 times)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #550 on: August 30, 2015, 12:26:00 PM »
  Also, female guards and correction officers are more times than you would believe, paid to have sex with inmates.
  One of my friends spent 17 years in one of NJ's worst prisons and for more than 2 years, he was dating a female guard
who would give him sex for free.  He told me that other female guards were paid between $300 and $500 to have sex
with an inmate.

Harley

Holy hell!!

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #551 on: August 30, 2015, 12:45:48 PM »
X2. Its amazing to see how many things Harley has been involved with.

Harley, How do you find enough time in the day for all of your hobbies/passions, and have you found yourself burnt out from time to time?

Dear Shizzo,
  You have touched upon the Achilles Heel of my life:  Too many interests and not enough devotion to one in particular.
  As I mentioned, I train with Craig 5 days per week. I train BJJ/MMA 3 times per week.  My hobbies include piano, painting and languages.
  Added to that, I run a charity for Mentally & Physically Challenged kids and by the way, have my own law practice in an attempt to fund all this.
  I am a person who is fascinated by the concept of "Greatness."  For terms of clarity,  I should use the phrase "Relative Greatness" as my opinion
as to what is great can be vastly different from another's opinion.  Some achievements are perceived as "greater" than others by almost all of us while
some give preference to achievements that would initiate debate as to the qualification or even presence of "greatness."
  Perhaps this will better clarify what I mean:  Almost every human being would consider the feat of man walking on the moon and returning to earth as
"great."  We pretty much all share in our awe and appreciation of this feat.
  Now, take running a marathon for example.  I would not consider everyone who finishes a marathon to have achieved something "great."  However, for each
and every person who crossed that finish line, they themselves might believe (and rightfully so) that they have achieved greatness.  This "greatness" is therefore
a Relative Greatness (what I refer to as an "RG").  
  Another example might be my own paintings.  Obviously, they are not great and no serious student of art (and that whole concept is for another time) would ever
think my paintings are great.  But, to me, they are great only because I've far exceeded my expectations as to what I could paint.  RG permits me to feel that my
work is great while not having to compare it to a Van Gogh.
  Back to your question.  In order to achieve anything of substance, I believe you must practice what I call "Polite Selfishness" (PS).
  Polite Selfishness is seen in the practice of those aspiring to achieve greatness by not allowing others to dictate his actions or beliefs.  
  For example.  You are training for a bodybuilding show.  You must diet.  Your friend invites you to his BBQ.  If you are the type of person, like me,
who simply can't even be around food while dieting, then you have to decline your friend's invite.  His possible scorn is less important than your
ultimate goal.  You must politely explain why it is you can't go.  You have to politely tell your wife why you aren't bringing her somewhere.   You have to
ignore others when they tell you where you need to be (a social event) or how you need to do something.  You just can't attend every social function if
you are truly aspiring to achieve greatness.  
  I am an awful piano player.  However, if I quit my other interests and didn't see my friends or family, I could spend the necessary time practicing piano.  I choose
not to do that.  
  We are all making calculations as to the value of our time, energy and resources.  I can't take every client that calls me if I want to achieve my own RG.  I can't train
for the BJJ World Championships if I spend 2 hours a day at the piano.  Everything is a sacrifice.  And no one achieves their goal without sacrifice.
  The hardest part is not spending time with your loved ones when you are on the path of your own RG.  We all feel this and we all battle with the difficulties confronting
us as we try to continue on our own respective paths towards our own RG.
Harley

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #552 on: August 30, 2015, 12:50:23 PM »
RG + PS = CSN MFT.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #553 on: August 30, 2015, 12:51:21 PM »
RG + PS = CSN MFT.

Sorry, I don't understand.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #554 on: August 30, 2015, 12:51:46 PM »
Harley surely brings Breitness to our board!
While The Falcon (Marty) soars, Harley shines like a Star!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #555 on: August 30, 2015, 12:52:25 PM »

Nothing, sorry.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #556 on: August 30, 2015, 12:53:31 PM »
It's a Goodrum-esque inside joke here on Getbig. Stay a few more years here on the forums and you'll understand these nuances and intricasies of Peace.

Simple Simon

« Reply #557 on: August 30, 2015, 12:59:37 PM »
Dear Shizzo,
  You have touched upon the Achilles Heel of my life:  Too many interests and not enough devotion to one in particular.
  As I mentioned, I train with Craig 5 days per week. I train BJJ/MMA 3 times per week.  My hobbies include piano, painting and languages.
  Added to that, I run a charity for Mentally & Physically Challenged kids and by the way, have my own law practice in an attempt to fund all this.
  I am a person who is fascinated by the concept of "Greatness."  For terms of clarity,  I should use the phrase "Relative Greatness" as my opinion
as to what is great can be vastly different from another's opinion.  Some achievements are perceived as "greater" than others by almost all of us while
some give preference to achievements that would initiate debate as to the qualification or even presence of "greatness."
  Perhaps this will better clarify what I mean:  Almost every human being would consider the feat of man walking on the moon and returning to earth as
"great."  We pretty much all share in our awe and appreciation of this feat.
  Now, take running a marathon for example.  I would not consider everyone who finishes a marathon to have achieved something "great."  However, for each
and every person who crossed that finish line, they themselves might believe (and rightfully so) that they have achieved greatness.  This "greatness" is therefore
a Relative Greatness (what I refer to as an "RG").  
  Another example might be my own paintings.  Obviously, they are not great and no serious student of art (and that whole concept is for another time) would ever
think my paintings are great.  But, to me, they are great only because I've far exceeded my expectations as to what I could paint.  RG permits me to feel that my
work is great while not having to compare it to a Van Gogh.
  Back to your question.  In order to achieve anything of substance, I believe you must practice what I call "Polite Selfishness" (PS).
  Polite Selfishness is seen in the practice of those aspiring to achieve greatness by not allowing others to dictate his actions or beliefs.  
  For example.  You are training for a bodybuilding show.  You must diet.  Your friend invites you to his BBQ.  If you are the type of person, like me,
who simply can't even be around food while dieting, then you have to decline your friend's invite.  His possible scorn is less important than your
ultimate goal.  You must politely explain why it is you can't go.  You have to politely tell your wife why you aren't bringing her somewhere.   You have to
ignore others when they tell you where you need to be (a social event) or how you need to do something.  You just can't attend every social function if
you are truly aspiring to achieve greatness.  
  I am an awful piano player.  However, if I quit my other interests and didn't see my friends or family, I could spend the necessary time practicing piano.  I choose
not to do that.  
  We are all making calculations as to the value of our time, energy and resources.  I can't take every client that calls me if I want to achieve my own RG.  I can't train
for the BJJ World Championships if I spend 2 hours a day at the piano.  Everything is a sacrifice.  And no one achieves their goal without sacrifice.
  The hardest part is not spending time with your loved ones when you are on the path of your own RG.  We all feel this and we all battle with the difficulties confronting
us as we try to continue on our own respective paths towards our own RG.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #558 on: August 30, 2015, 01:03:37 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I enjoyed seeing Fonzie Jump The Shark but it made me ponder:
  What does it really take to say or post a photo of something BeThere actually likes?
  Which bodybuilder is a fan of?  What are his interests or hobbies?  Which women does he find hot?
  It would be nice to engage him as well seeing as he is a big part of GetBig. 
Harley

Simple Simon

« Reply #559 on: August 30, 2015, 01:06:02 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I enjoyed seeing Fonzie Jump The Shark but it made me ponder:
  What does it really take to say or post a photo of something BeThere actually likes?
  Which bodybuilder is a fan of?  What are his interests or hobbies?  Which women does he find hot?
  It would be nice to engage him as well seeing as he is a big part of GetBig. 
Harley

Im a pussy cat compared to whats coming......
Dont worry about me Harley, Im fine.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #560 on: August 30, 2015, 01:06:33 PM »
Craig Richardson today, at 20 days out weighing 227.5 lbs.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #561 on: August 30, 2015, 01:08:05 PM »

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #562 on: August 30, 2015, 01:10:36 PM »
Dont worry about me Harley, Im fine.

Dear BeThere,
  To be "worried" about someone on a website is a bit ridiculous.
  I'm just here to enjoy bodybuilding and other topics.  No need for threats
or ominous warnings.  It's all good.
Harley

Simple Simon

« Reply #563 on: August 30, 2015, 01:15:38 PM »
Dear BeThere,
  To be "worried" about someone on a website is a bit ridiculous.
  I'm just here to enjoy bodybuilding and other topics.  No need for threats
or ominous warnings.  It's all good.
Harley

Threats?
Not from me Harley

This site has a habit of turning on people who are successful and seem to have a good life.
Che already advised you against laying yourself bare here yet you continue to do it.

Last post from me Harley, dont say you weren't told.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #564 on: August 30, 2015, 01:27:50 PM »
Thing is there are no bodybuilding fans on this board.
So why would they care what a few morons on here think?

A dick?
Im just pulling his leg, I thought this was getbig, not bodybuilding.com

This site has gone down the shitter of late.

Im pretty sure the getbig brethren will get bored of Harley soon and tear him a new asshole, it happened with joon.

Threats?
Not from me Harley

This site has a habit of turning on people who are successful and seem to have a good life.
Che already advised you against laying yourself bare here yet you continue to do it.

I've noticed that the only asshole in this thread towards Harley has been you.

This is not a threat, but a promise to you. If you keep trying to fuck up every single thread with your damn negativity, you will be permanently removed.

First and last warning. If you don't like the site, get the fuck out of here. I'd much rather have people like Harley here that have something to share besides negativity and incessant trolling. At least the guy does something more with his life than to shit on everyone's sunshine.

I've called Harley directly at his law offices and the man is 100% legit and has decided to share bits and pieces of his life with us. He is a breath of fresh air and I'd much rather have people like that here that can bring the right kind of energy with them. Stuntmovie is another guy that I truly appreciate.

"1"

Simple Simon

« Reply #565 on: August 30, 2015, 01:40:30 PM »

This is not a threat, but a promise to you. If you keep trying to fuck up every single thread with your damn negativity, you will be permanently removed.

First and last warning. If you don't like the site, get the fuck out of here. I'd much rather have people like Harley here that have something to share besides negativity and incessant trolling. At least the guy does something more with his life than to shit on everyone's sunshine.

I've called Harley directly at his law offices and the man is 100% legit and has decided to share bits and pieces of his life with us. He is a breath of fresh air and I'd much rather have people like that here that can bring the right kind of energy with them. Stuntmovie is another guy that I truly appreciate.

"1"

Im not going to comment further on this thread just to say I know Harley is a good guy.

See PM.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #566 on: August 30, 2015, 01:45:34 PM »
You sound just like joon.(but hes trolling)
A bit of advice.
Getbig is a place where people with a semblence of an interesting life can ride the waves of the hopeless basement dwellers desperatly wanting to live their lives through others because they themselves dont have one.
But beware, they are a fickle bunch, and whilst now you are getting posts of admiration and envy , the envy soon turns to hatred.

See joon.

Oh the irony!  :D

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #567 on: August 30, 2015, 01:46:20 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
   I very much thank you for the kind words.  You guys have been great and I enjoy the discourse and photos (although no one sent me my 2 favorites yet as a bribe for any real
insider information).
  As far as the cars, I didn't want to seem as if I were bragging.  I build and collect cars because I love cars and I believe life is short and fragile and what I don't do today, I may
never be able to do.  I buy and build only the cars I love or have some personal connection to.  While I like many cars, I am a very particular buyer/builder. 
  Most guys lie or actually have no idea as to the true specifications of their motors or other components.  I chose a different route.  I am personally involved with every aspect of these
builds. 
  The Nova has a 632 cubic inch motor (all chrome) with a 10-71 Blower.  It has methane injection and is EFI (electronic fuel injection).  It has 250 hp of NOS if needed.
  When this motor was placed on the dyno (I have the video to verify), it did 1,095 bhp at 6,200 rpm with 1,051 lbs. ft. of torque.  That was without the NOS.
  The Chevelle has a custom built all aluminum 540 cubic inch motor.  It too is EFI with 175 hp of NOS.
  When the Chevelle motor was placed on the dyno (I have the video to verify), it did 782 bhp and 707 lbs. ft. of torque.  With the NOS it did 980 bhp and 948 lbs. ft. of torque.
  Both these cars are Pro Street and have been built to drive on the street with reliability.  The both have custom built entire roll cages.
  The Corvette is actually a 1965 body with a '63 Corvette Split Window modification.  It is also a Pro Street but has a mild 454 cubic inch EFI motor putting out about 450 bhp.
  The Trans Am is a 1971 especially being made for everyday driving.  It has a built up 350 cubic inch (about 450 bhp) and is just going to be a very clean, reliable car.
  I am not one of those guys who keeps his cars as museum pieces.  I drive them.  I drive the Ferrari and Bentley as often as possible.
Harley

Man, that Nova almost sounds like too much (just almost, though ;D ;D ;D).  Very nice.

71 TA is awesome.  Yes.  How about the Chevelle and the Nova (what years)?

Quite interesting that the Vette is a modified 65, and it seems stock on those is/was actually Sebring Silver... so this paint will give it a little extra umph! without people necessarily knowing why.  I like it.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #568 on: August 30, 2015, 01:47:07 PM »
Im not going to comment further on this thread just to say I know Harley is a good guy.

See PM.

Solid PM and very fair in your response.

By the way, my stance isn't just particular to Be There, he and I also go way back. My stance is with regards to everyone.

Harley, Stuntmovie & Tony Doherty are absolute treasures in my eyes. These guys have a world of knowledge and experience to share with everyone. Those are the kind of men that should be allowed to share without the incessant trolling that occurs here every day.

Let them share and those that appreciate and have questions, feel free to comment. If there is nothing positive to say in their particular threads, just leave it be.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of threads, all over the site where free trolling can occur with any major consequence.

"1"

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #569 on: August 30, 2015, 01:47:24 PM »
One could NEVER hate Harlem Breite, there is ONLY love and appreciation for what he has done!

He is not only a gentleman but also a scholar!
Also a very compassionate soul helping the lesser fortunate!

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #570 on: August 30, 2015, 01:48:30 PM »
Great delts on Craig.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #571 on: August 30, 2015, 01:51:25 PM »
  This client was charged with cutting the throat, from one side to the next of his hooker girlfriend just 5 months
after being released from a 6 year prison sentence for Aggravated Assault.  While in prison he slashed the face of
an inmate so badly that he spent 1 year in solitary confinement.

Dear Harley

Do you have problems when you have to deal with those kind of criminals? I mean, I'de bet some of those morons threat their own lawyer.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #572 on: August 30, 2015, 05:26:21 PM »
Threats?
Not from me Harley

You're the only one who's been talking trash about him in this thread.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #573 on: August 30, 2015, 05:31:05 PM »

"1"
With words this eloquent I would let you open mouth kiss me, no tongue, movie style. Not ready to commit.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #574 on: August 30, 2015, 06:13:15 PM »
I've called Harley directly at his law offices

OMR channeling his inner Fitness Frenzy stalker in this thread.
Y