Author Topic: When you bench press, do you use a spotter?  (Read 14834 times)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: When you bench press, do you use a spotter?
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2008, 12:11:08 PM »
nothing personal but i hate people like you...i hate when people ask for spotters most of the people that have approached me before say "Hey can you do me a favor bro" and i say no im busy and pick up something and do something or just turn the volume on the ipod up so i cant hear them and then they walk away...i hate spotting people...i have used spotters before but that was when i lifted with my buddy since that has stopped i just dont use them even on my last max which was like a week and a half ago i didnt have a spotter at all...to each his own..?

hahaha I hate people like you!   ;D

My husband was out of the gym for three months during my bench press training, and thank goodness random people were nice enough to spot me...even if I had to explain to them what a negative is, or how to spot me, or scream OKAY TAKE IT!! really loud when the bar is crushing my throat ::).

:)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2008, 12:14:40 PM »
you're one of those people that give gyms a bad name. i usually ask for a spot, and i damn sure give anyone a spot if they ask me. are you so self-absorbed that you can't spend about 30 seconds giving someone a spot?

quoting magoo cuz we were on the same wavelength.   ;D

:)

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2008, 12:30:48 PM »
you're one of those people that give gyms a bad name. i usually ask for a spot, and i damn sure give anyone a spot if they ask me. are you so self-absorbed that you can't spend about 30 seconds giving someone a spot?

no im not self absorbed but just being honest and what makes you think that you can just go up to random strangers and ask them for help?? or that they want to or willing to help you in the slightest? i just dont like to do it thats all i have done it before but that was mainly when i was lifting with my buddy...sorry everybody...just telling you the truth

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2008, 03:50:26 PM »
no im not self absorbed but just being honest and what makes you think that you can just go up to random strangers and ask them for help?? or that they want to or willing to help you in the slightest? i just dont like to do it thats all i have done it before but that was mainly when i was lifting with my buddy...sorry everybody...just telling you the truth

i'm what we in the biz call a "friendly and helpful person". if you need a spot, i'll give you one. want to borrow my straps? go ahead. need a little chalk? i got plenty of extra. want to try on my belt for that last set of squats? go for it, the thing's great if it fits ya. wondering why i do an exercise the way i do? ask away, just let me finish my set and catch my breath first.

your type piss me off greatly. how important do you think you are that helping a fellow lifter is such an inconvenience? are you training for the mr olympia or WSM?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2008, 03:57:28 PM »
i'm what we in the biz call a "friendly and helpful person". if you need a spot, i'll give you one. want to borrow my straps? go ahead. need a little chalk? i got plenty of extra. want to try on my belt for that last set of squats? go for it, the thing's great if it fits ya. wondering why i do an exercise the way i do? ask away, just let me finish my set and catch my breath first.

your type piss me off greatly. how important do you think you are that helping a fellow lifter is such an inconvenience? are you training for the mr olympia or WSM?
best post i've ever read from you MM, exactly right.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2008, 04:01:47 PM »

you're a jackass. :D

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2008, 12:18:21 AM »
you're a jackass. :D

oh well

nice post and im glad your so nice...no im not training for anyhting special...

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2008, 12:40:58 AM »
I dont see the big deal. Someone needs a spot, give them one. Its pretty easy and takes about 30secs.

I always keep an eye out for people when they bench. Some people load up the bar and you can just tell that their unsure if they can do it or not. They just dont look confident about it.
No doubt about it...

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2008, 02:14:37 AM »
I dont see the big deal. Someone needs a spot, give them one. Its pretty easy and takes about 30secs.

I always keep an eye out for people when they bench. Some people load up the bar and you can just tell that their unsure if they can do it or not. They just dont look confident about it.

i also do the same thing and i have no problem helping some guy that may be getting stuck under bar but honestly i have to deal with people and helping people all day every day and whern i get to the gym after work i just want to be left alone barring any emergencies...if im a jack ass for it then fine but try dealing with the shit i deal with for 12-14 hours a day then we can talk...

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2008, 07:56:01 AM »
i also do the same thing and i have no problem helping some guy that may be getting stuck under bar but honestly i have to deal with people and helping people all day every day and whern i get to the gym after work i just want to be left alone barring any emergencies...if im a jack ass for it then fine but try dealing with the shit i deal with for 12-14 hours a day then we can talk...
fuccking fagggot, gimme a break, there are mexicans who roof houses in the middle of summer from 6 in the morning until 5-6 in the evening and they are as nice and pleasant as can be, you've got it easy, little pussy ass bitch.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2008, 07:58:33 AM »
fuccking fagggot, gimme a break, there are mexicans who roof houses in the middle of summer from 6 in the morning until 5-6 in the evening and they are as nice and pleasant as can be, you've got it easy, little pussy ass bitch.

hey squad theres nothing there shut the fuck up and go crawl back in your fucking basement

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2008, 08:09:00 AM »
hey squad theres nothing there shut the fuck up and go crawl back in your fucking basement
hahahaa, what are you gonna do about it bitch? :D

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2008, 08:23:49 AM »
hahahaa, what are you gonna do about it bitch? :D

hahahaa  theres nothing so dont go and get your fingers all worked up and your panties in a twist...what do you expect me to melt and start threatening you and shit?  sorry pal wrong guy for that shit...whatever man ill try to be a more polite and offer assistance to those who need it at the gym....will that make you happy squad...hhahaahaaaaa ;D ;D ;D