Author Topic: training back like Jay  (Read 1381 times)

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
training back like Jay
« on: May 01, 2007, 11:50:45 AM »
hey guys
is there more benafit to training back like cuts?? i mean like how Jay  starts everything from the floor??

untamedsense

• Getbig II
  • Bigger, Better, Badder!!!
Re: training back like Jay
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 01:58:43 PM »
I've seen his training DVD's...from the floor you definately get a little lower back work, and I'm not sure what else the value is...in fact, I think for most of us, taking bars from a rack will allow more weight to be used.
The key thing to take away from how he trains IMO:  barbell rows, dumbbell rows, T-bar rows!  Heavy!
Those who play with cats; expect to get scratched!

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 02:34:47 PM »
The key thing to take away from how he trains IMO:  barbell rows, dumbbell rows, T-bar rows!  Heavy!

And don't forget the warning he gives you in New and Improved...

"You can never let the weights see that you're scared."

:o

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 03:18:36 PM »
LOL !!! thats one of the funniest parts on his DVD

alright thx. I just noticed how his back as improved over the years and the big change with  starting his rows from the floor.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 03:05:28 AM »
And don't forget the warning he gives you in New and Improved...

"You can never let the weights see that you're scared."

:o

thats why wear camopants and war paint at the gym
Z

Slintowin

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • I saw you just the other day my how you have grow
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 05:10:49 AM »
Starting from the ground offers a full range of motion the only time this is taken out is 2 weeks out from a show as the pressure is to severe on the hip flexors, (that is if you are really pushing it to the limit).  Remember though their are many ways to put stress on the muscle heavy is not the only way.

untamedsense

• Getbig II
  • Bigger, Better, Badder!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 10:16:02 AM »
Starting from the ground offers a full range of motion the only time this is taken out is 2 weeks out from a show as the pressure is to severe on the hip flexors, (that is if you are really pushing it to the limit).  Remember though their are many ways to put stress on the muscle heavy is not the only way.

This ONLY makes sense if in each and every rep he goes back to the floor...it's an initial lift when doing bent rows and T-bars (therefore, does it make sense to expend that energy or restrict yourself the potential weight to be used?), although in deadlifts it is the full range. 
I'm not an expert on all exercises or bodybuilding but I do use common sense alot...and look at things with common sense, not taking what is said in magazines blindly.  Information that's passed off as fact isn't always so!
Those who play with cats; expect to get scratched!