Author Topic: The Liberal Outrage Of The Week  (Read 111754 times)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: The Liberal Outrage Of The Week
« Reply #425 on: February 27, 2020, 07:26:23 PM »
Gail Collins is suffering from TDS.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #426 on: March 01, 2020, 03:40:12 PM »
Poperty rights, schmoperty rights.

Investors who let California homes sit empty could face fines under proposed law

“Corporations that own California properties could soon be fined for keeping homes vacant for more than
three months under a proposed law to give tenants, nonprofits and cities more say over what happens to
empty buildings.

“Senate Bill 1079 would allow local officials to adopt ordinances to fine “in an unspecified amount”
corporations and companies that leave residential buildings vacant for more than 90 days. The money
would then have to be used for “homeless diversion, rental assistance and other affordable housing purposes.”

“The proposal also permits cities and counties to buy or take over a company’s residential property if it’s
been vacant for at least 90 days. The local agency would then have to maintain the home and rent it at
an affordable price to “families of low or moderate income” or sell it to a community land trust or housing
sponsor, according to the bill language.”

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article240480226.html

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #427 on: March 01, 2020, 04:18:18 PM »

Investors who let California homes sit empty could face fines under proposed law

“Corporations that own California properties could soon be fined for keeping homes vacant for more than
three months under a proposed law to give tenants, nonprofits and cities more say over what happens to
empty buildings.

“Senate Bill 1079 would allow local officials to adopt ordinances to fine “in an unspecified amount”
corporations and companies that leave residential buildings vacant for more than 90 days. The money
would then have to be used for “homeless diversion, rental assistance and other affordable housing purposes.”

“The proposal also permits cities and counties to buy or take over a company’s residential property if it’s
been vacant for at least 90 days. The local agency would then have to maintain the home and rent it at
an affordable price to “families of low or moderate income” or sell it to a community land trust or housing

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article240480226.html

Goodness Californians need a revolution. Democrats have forcefully turned this state into a shithole of drug addiction and homelessness and forced us taxpayers to foot the bill. I have no idea how anyone with any sort of common sense could support these politicians.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #428 on: March 01, 2020, 06:46:35 PM »
Goodness Californians need a revolution. Democrats have forcefully turned this state into a shithole of drug addiction and homelessness and forced us taxpayers to foot the bill. I have no idea how anyone with any sort of common sense could support these politicians.

Thieves.  Fuck 'em all to Hades.  Evile, disgusting perverts who should be voted out of the country.  Exile all of them to the lands of islime.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #429 on: March 01, 2020, 07:04:24 PM »

empty buildings.

Don't vacant properties invite vandalism and squatters? This could be one reason for encouraging filling vacancies even at a reduced rental rate. 

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #430 on: March 01, 2020, 09:33:15 PM »
Don't vacant properties invite vandalism and squatters? This could be one reason for encouraging filling vacancies even at a reduced rental rate.  

The bill does not cite crime reduction as a reason, so you’re backing in your own rationale to justify a stupid and awful bill.

A cornerstone of Western Civilization is the recognition of property rights.  If you own it, you can keep it, rent it, alienate it, pass it to your heirs, etc.  

Forcing property owners to rent at prices lower than they otherwise would is a form of price control, which almost always leads to shortages.  How ironic.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: March 02, 2020, 12:01:06 AM »
The bill does not cite crime reduction as a reason, so you’re backing in your own rationale to justify a stupid and awful bill.

A cornerstone of Western Civilization is the recognition of property rights.  If you own it, you can keep it, rent it, alienate it, pass it to your heirs, etc.  

Forcing property owners to rent at prices lower than they otherwise would is a form of price control, which almost always leads to shortages.  How ironic.

I must admit, I haven't read the bill. My reasoning is based on logic not what is written in a bill. One question, why is Trump violating the cornerstone of Western Civilization by using eminent domain to seize private property on which to build 'the wall'?

Trump has long supported the use of eminent domain, using it when he was working in real estate and defending the concept during the 2016 presidential campaign. He argues that it will prove essential in getting a border wall built. “You have to use eminent domain,” Trump said during a Rose Garden briefing. “If we had one person that wouldn’t sell us ... then we wouldn’t be able to build proper border security because we’d have that big opening.”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/1/18/18176893/eminent-domain-trump-border-wall-gop

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: March 03, 2020, 01:50:14 PM »
I must admit, I haven't read the bill. My reasoning is based on logic not what is written in a bill. One question, why is Trump violating the cornerstone of Western Civilization by using eminent domain to seize private property on which to build 'the wall'?

Trump has long supported the use of eminent domain, using it when he was working in real estate and defending the concept during the 2016 presidential campaign. He argues that it will prove essential in getting a border wall built. “You have to use eminent domain,” Trump said during a Rose Garden briefing. “If we had one person that wouldn’t sell us ... then we wouldn’t be able to build proper border security because we’d have that big opening.”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/1/18/18176893/eminent-domain-trump-border-wall-gop

Conflating the actions of a state with the actions of the Federal gov’t is either sloppy or disingenuous. 
You mention Trump by name three times in your response and post a link from a young adult website
to criticize Trump.  Your agenda is clear.   

But you’re eliding the property rights issue potentially at stake here in CA.  Just answer the following:

A farmer in CA’s central valley has idled some farmland but is told by the state to grow certain crops or
face the loss of the farmland via eminent domain.  Would you be OK with this?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #433 on: March 03, 2020, 06:21:31 PM »
Conflating the actions of a state with the actions of the Federal gov’t is either sloppy or disingenuous.  
You mention Trump by name three times in your response and post a link from a young adult website
to criticize Trump.  Your agenda is clear.    

But you’re eliding the property rights issue potentially at stake here in CA.  Just answer the following:

A farmer in CA’s central valley has idled some farmland but is told by the state to grow certain crops or
face the loss of the farmland via eminent domain.  Would you be OK with this?

Generally speaking I think invoking eminent domain is wrong regardless if done at the federal, state or local level. Private property ownership is a basic right worth protecting. Having said that, there are undoubtedly times when evoking eminent domain is warranted. As to the situation you've exampled, I am not qualified to speak to this matter, mainly because I lack detailed and specific information.

A couple of decades ago, all the property on a residential inner city block was forcefully purchased using eminent domain because the nearby hospital said they needed it for expansion. The houses were razed and the land sat vacant. Although the hospital did expand, the expansion did not include this land. The people who had lived there, some for many generations lost their homes and their neighborhood because they could not afford to purchase elsewhere within the immediate area. They essentially were displaced to areas that were much more suburban. Recently, the city built low income housing on this land and gave those who had long ago been displaced first dibs on the apartments. This was not exactly a win for those folks who'd been forced out years prior.

"Portland and Legacy Health announce plans to honor African American community with North Portland development

Updated Jan 09, 2019; Posted Aug 01, 2017

By Jessica Floum | The Oregonian/OregonLive

Forty-five years ago, at the request of Emanuel Hospital, the city of Portland razed almost 300 homes and businesses in the North Portland heart of the African American community to make way for a planned hospital expansion.

On Tuesday, Legacy Health and the city announced plans to develop a 1.7-acre North Portland block that was once the commercial center of black Portland in a way that will recognize that history."

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2017/08/portland_and_legacy_health_ann.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #434 on: March 19, 2020, 05:54:21 PM »
The coronavirus happened and the president put VP Pence in charge of handling. 

The outrage of the month.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #435 on: April 29, 2020, 09:05:47 PM »
The president asked about disinfectants. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #436 on: May 01, 2020, 06:22:04 PM »
The president asked about disinfectants. 

The irony of you calling anyone a sheep. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #437 on: May 01, 2020, 10:37:12 PM »
The irony of you calling anyone a sheep.

The shocking fact that your post did not contain you fantasizing about some man's penis.  First time for everything I guess. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #438 on: May 02, 2020, 09:16:48 PM »
The shocking fact that your post did not contain you fantasizing about some man's penis.  First time for everything I guess.
He did bring up sheep, his second favorite sex toy.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: May 04, 2020, 05:09:22 PM »
He did bring up sheep, his second favorite sex toy.

;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #440 on: May 14, 2020, 09:02:17 PM »
The DOJ decided to stop the political persecution of General Flynn. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #441 on: May 19, 2020, 04:42:47 PM »
President Trump fired an IG who was allegedly investigating Mike Pompeo for having a staffer walk his dog and make dinner reservations. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: May 26, 2020, 11:51:02 AM »
The president went outside without a mask.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #443 on: May 26, 2020, 01:51:28 PM »
The President is Still Donald Trump - That is the Biggest Outrage for the Snowflake Liberals
Great & Long May it Continue - Go Donald.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #444 on: May 26, 2020, 03:03:41 PM »
The President is Still Donald Trump - That is the Biggest Outrage for the Snowflake Liberals
Great & Long May it Continue - Go Donald.

Amen and huzzah, indeed!

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #445 on: June 01, 2020, 04:26:30 PM »
 >:(
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #446 on: June 02, 2020, 05:43:39 AM »
NBA announcer Grant Napear placed on leave for tweeting ‘All Lives Matter’
New York Post ^ | June 1, 2020 | Mark Fischer
Posted on 6/2/2020, 8:26:46 AM by ConservativeStatement

Sacramento Kings play-by-play announcer Grant Napear was placed on administrative leave by his radio station Monday after tweeting “All Lives Matter,” a controversial phrase associated with belittling the Black Lives Matter movement.

“All Lives Matter… Every Single One!” the 60-year-old Napear tweeted Sunday after former Kings star Demarcus Cousins asked the KHTK radio host for his view on the Black Lives Matter movement.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #447 on: June 02, 2020, 01:14:49 PM »
The president goes into a bunker when rioters approach the White House.

The president walks out of the White House to an historic church, like a boss, gives a speech, and holds up a Bible. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #448 on: June 02, 2020, 01:36:52 PM »
The president goes into a bunker when rioters approach the White House.

The president walks out of the White House to an historic church, like a boss, gives a speech, and holds up a Bible.

2 days ago he was a coward holed up in a bunker.

Today he's a nazi dictator imposing all things nazi on the governors.

People have become complete fuckwits.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #449 on: June 02, 2020, 04:22:07 PM »
2 days ago he was a coward holed up in a bunker.

Today he's a nazi dictator imposing all things nazi on the governors.

People have become complete fuckwits.

Tell me about it.