Author Topic: Could Jay Cutler have beat Dorian Yates?  (Read 114140 times)

England_1

• Getbig IV
Re: Could Cutler beat Dorian.
« Reply #350 on: August 05, 2008, 03:56:47 PM »
One thing you learn from this thread is just how GOOD Yates really was. There's some really impressive photos in here.

This has to be one of the most classic bodybuilding photos of all-time. It's surprising Ron didn't shit out a turd here. LOL

Team Yates

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #351 on: August 05, 2008, 04:09:05 PM »
I disagree - Ronnie at the 2001 Arnold was in better condition (striations everywhere) with just as much mass- but his shape was lightyears ahead of Dorians:

The fact is, that dorian, even at his best, had a super wide waist:

Please note that this is NOT an attempt to start another 550 post Ronnie versus Dorian thread!  :) It is just an attempt to present the facts! - Dorian's mass with density HAS been equalled, if not surpassed.

But regardless, I still think Dorian would destroy Jay - Dorian has a way better back, about equal arms, better calves, abs, chest etc.  Dorian's lat spreads and back shots alone would win him enough points over Jay to take him.

u alright today Hulkster?  ??? ;D

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #352 on: August 05, 2008, 04:10:59 PM »
Dorian would have choked in the challenge round, everybody would call the front double bi.. Poor Dorian..

LOL...good point! 

he would've lost the challenge round both of the years they had it
just not good enough

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #353 on: August 05, 2008, 04:12:40 PM »
as interesting as that question is i find the following question much more interesting:

who trained harder? jay or dorian?
Z

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #354 on: August 05, 2008, 04:13:52 PM »
as interesting as that question is i find the following question much more interesting:

who trained harder? jay or dorian?

An EVEN MORE interesting question would be, could a "Jay vs Dorian" thread beat out the truce "Ronnie vs. Dorian" thread  :o  :o
just not good enough

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #355 on: August 05, 2008, 04:31:26 PM »

An EVEN MORE interesting question would be, could a "Jay vs Dorian" thread beat out the truce "Ronnie vs. Dorian" thread  :o  :o

No at his best Ronnie could beat Yates , at his best Cutler wouldn't stand a chance.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #356 on: August 05, 2008, 06:39:08 PM »
No at his best Ronnie could beat Yates , at his best Cutler wouldn't stand a chance.

WHAT?!?!  :o  :o  :o

Did you type that right?!
just not good enough

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: August 05, 2008, 06:40:48 PM »
WHAT?!?!  :o  :o  :o

Did you type that right?!

I've always maintained Ronnie could beat Yates I always said it would be close , nothing new its these delusional fan-boys who think Dorian shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Ronnie who can't admit the obvious , Dorian has and could beat Ronnie

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #358 on: August 05, 2008, 06:41:57 PM »
I've always maintained Ronnie could beat Yates I always said it would be close , nothing new its these delusional fan-boys who think Dorian shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Ronnie who can't admit the obvious , Dorian has and could beat Ronnie

Oh, okay...but how/why is the Truce thread still going then?
just not good enough

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: August 05, 2008, 06:48:56 PM »
Oh, okay...but how/why is the Truce thread still going then?

??? I haven't posted in it in 8 months , Hulkster , Neo and Pumpster can't leave their opinions to stand on their own two feet .

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #360 on: August 05, 2008, 06:50:12 PM »
??? I haven't posted in it in 8 months , Hulkster , Neo and Pumpster can't leave their opinions to stand on their own two feet .
;) ;D
just not good enough

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #361 on: August 05, 2008, 07:04:19 PM »
Man, this is a GREAT clip from the 1996 Mr. Olympia. How come they don't do this anymore? Just another reason the 90s was better.

Anyways, look at the QUALITY of this lineup, INCREDIBLE! Cutler would really be lucky even to get in the top 4

Oh, and if Dorian was so overrated, how come he got the loudest ovation out of all the BBs?  ;)

Team Yates

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #362 on: August 06, 2008, 01:27:42 PM »
FYI, that's Fux on this rear lat spread picture
and Dorian wouldn't place in the top 5 at the Olympia nowadays
it is yates in the rear relaxed lat pic. unless it was fux and was changed. the pic there is yates.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: August 06, 2008, 01:29:57 PM »
FYI, that's Fux on this rear lat spread picture
and Dorian wouldn't place in the top 5 at the Olympia nowadays

Haha, I was 14 years old when I posted this. Dorian is now one of my favorite BBs.

And I'm guessing he posted the picture (of which the link is now dead) of Fux's back that is often mistaken for Dorian's, hence the comment.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #364 on: March 02, 2009, 09:46:07 AM »
you can go on and on about how the pre-gut Ronnie would destroy Dorian, back it up with pics, break it down bodypart by bodypart, and show how Ronnie has a far superior taper.  This can all be clearly illistrated with comparison pics of the wasp-waisted pregut Ronnie vs. Dorian at his wide-waist 1993 best.

But it won't do any good.

People love to discredit Ronnie any chance they get.

haha, almost four years ago and Hulkster and ND still going at :)

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #365 on: March 02, 2009, 09:50:42 AM »
Currently Jay wouldnt beat Toney,Kai,Vic,Dexter,Phil,Branch or Ronnie Rockel(who is massively underrated),let alone Dorian or any of the greatest

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #366 on: March 02, 2009, 08:25:06 PM »
haha, almost four years ago and Hulkster and ND still going at :)

and ND is, much like yourself recently, still being owned by me :P
Flower Boy Ran Away

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #367 on: March 02, 2009, 08:43:24 PM »
I'm not saying Dorian is the best bodybuilder ever, that's debateable, but I think he looks the best hands down in black and white photos.  Wonder why that is?  Anyone else agree? 

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #368 on: March 02, 2009, 09:16:32 PM »
jay at his best beats dorian at his best .... just my opinion

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #369 on: March 02, 2009, 09:38:38 PM »
There really isnt an arguement, Cutler is far from the top guys in the sport, Dorian would beat him hands down. Nasser at his best would push Jay all the way, as Jays back was always watery, it was wide but he was usually soft through the back, similar to Nasser condition wise,so if Nasser was ever going to get an Olympia, it would have been against Jay, as front and side he was superior overall, not as wide from the back, but closer than when hes compared to Dorian or big Ron.  

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #370 on: March 02, 2009, 09:42:19 PM »
Your opinion? Post pics of your evidence. The only thing Cutler has better then Dorian is his left quad and bicep.

everyone on this boards.... regulars anyway know the pics.... and as far as a pic comparison.....  any pics could be used one way or another to state the case..... overall from what we have all seen....  I recently have a new found respect for jay cutlers physique....
one things is certain... when both guys are dialed in.... theyre both great and when they're off....  it's bad.
I think the tear in dorians arm hurt him and not holding that against him because even if there was no tear and both arms were healthy....  jays arms are better....

make no mistake... not taking anything away from dorian..... great bb'r .... recently finding jays build more appealing

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #371 on: March 03, 2009, 01:01:38 AM »
:D

suckmymuscle

« Reply #372 on: April 26, 2009, 02:22:06 PM »
Could Cutler Beat Dorian?

No. Dorian is Cutler with a superior structure, more overral long and round muscle bellies and infinitely superior muscle quality - with equivalent size.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #373 on: April 26, 2009, 02:36:26 PM »
:D

With exception to Cutlers arms, he looks half-way decent in that bottom pic.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #374 on: April 26, 2009, 02:41:30 PM »
Man, this is a GREAT clip from the 1996 Mr. Olympia. How come they don't do this anymore? Just another reason the 90s was better.

Anyways, look at the QUALITY of this lineup, INCREDIBLE! Cutler would really be lucky even to get in the top 4

Oh, and if Dorian was so overrated, how come he got the loudest ovation out of all the BBs?  ;)

great lineup indeed.