Author Topic: Dugdale...  (Read 11759 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Dugdale...
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2006, 11:28:32 AM »
As long as it doesn't go against Gods law. Man's laws are not based on what God wants!

Your logic is circular. Man Made God.

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2006, 11:29:22 AM »

Check out the ten commandments before you say man's laws aren't based on god's laws...there is a one or two that talk about not stealing and not killing.

commandment # 11.. thou shall not inject synthol into arms...

i forgot gods law on juiceing was in there also  ::)
pump'em dump'em

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 11:36:37 AM »
Like or dislike Mark, I think he is a good 'public face' for bodybuilding. Very good looking, well spoken, runs a company and a family man. Also has a marketable physique.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 11:37:00 AM »
I was brought up to not believe that statement. But I do.
bodybuildersreality.com

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2006, 11:37:16 AM »

Or inversely, depending on your beliefs. 
Y

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2006, 11:43:11 AM »
What's the deal with this guy? I read a story and he is expressing his Christian values and all this Jesus talk and all that...Now, I'm not bodybuilding insider but it's widely known performance enhancing drugs are used in professional bodybuilding...they are illegal in the U.S. also--doesn't this appear a bit hypocritical on his part?  IMO...

You cannot be a flag-waving Christian in America without being a major hypocrite in one way or another.  It's mandatory. 

It's also no big deal.  By all accounts, the guy is a hard-working family man who tries to lead by example in the non-bodybuilding areas of his life. 

His life, his call.  If you want to make your judgments about him based solely on his faith, that's fine, but he's entitled to live the life he has chosen for himself.  If (as you state) he's broken any laws, then there will possibly be a consequence for those actions.

I have yet to hear a single person say that Mark is not a good guy.   

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2006, 11:48:24 AM »
Last time I checked, jaywalking is illegal too, but Jesus was known to jaywalk all the time in Bethlehem. Rumor has it, he nearly got run over by a wild donkey at the intersection of Mule and West Fourth.

Special "Weird But True Bible Tales" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2006, 11:51:22 AM »
You cannot be a flag-waving Christian in America without being a major hypocrite in one way or another.  It's mandatory. 

Your Christian bashing gets old....give it a rest!

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2006, 11:52:34 AM »

It's also no big deal.  By all accounts, the guy is a hard-working family man who tries to lead by example in the non-bodybuilding areas of his life. 

His life, his call.  If you want to make your judgments about him based solely on his faith, that's fine, but he's entitled to live the life he has chosen for himself.  If (as you state) he's broken any laws, then there will possibly be a consequence for those actions.

I have yet to hear a single person say that Mark is not a good guy.   

Where did I say he was a bad guy? 

Never, in what I wrote, did I rip him for living the bodybuilding lifestyle...which we all know includes illegal activities due to acquiring performance enhancers...i asked if anyone else thought that he was a hypocrite for all his jesus speak on one hand and then doing what he does to produce a professional bodybuilding physique on the other.  I never ripped him for being a bad guy---just being inconsistent--it's what makes religion a joke and the people who blather on about it look even sillier, including him.

footloose and fancy free

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2006, 02:09:25 PM »
he has the other main values in life,family,wife ,kid's.as long as he treat's them well all is good.his main income is from buissness,to be able to have both and compete must be a blessing.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2006, 02:26:39 PM »
Where did I say he was a bad guy? 

Never, in what I wrote, did I rip him for living the bodybuilding lifestyle...which we all know includes illegal activities due to acquiring performance enhancers...i asked if anyone else thought that he was a hypocrite for all his jesus speak on one hand and then doing what he does to produce a professional bodybuilding physique on the other.  I never ripped him for being a bad guy---just being inconsistent--it's what makes religion a joke and the people who blather on about it look even sillier, including him.

One of my core beliefs is that - regardless of faith or position in life - we all have things to work on. 

As much as I might (as another poster noted) 'bash Christians', I really don't hold them to any higher standards of morality as I do anyone else.  Nor do I expect their actions to be any more consistent than anyone else's.  Experience has taught me that. 

Are the 'talkers' easy marks because their actions so often contradict their words?  Sure, but that speaks only to my own nature and to that of others who - like yourself - can so easily spot the flawed nature of Christians in America. 

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2006, 02:27:37 PM »
if he is reading this, I just want him to know that we share a common ancestor with apes and monkeys,

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2006, 02:28:47 PM »
dvalletti,

I get your point. If it's not hyprocritical it's highly ironic.
Too many people totally misunderstand the main point.
Digging up arcane laws that were made when the culture
was more puritanical are besides the point. What Dvalletti is
getting at is rather the essence of the matter. Namely,
if Jesus were alive could anyone picture him juicing up
with what we know about him from past descriptions and so forth?
If the answer is no it's clearly something he would choose not to do
it seems logical that his so-called followers would live the lifestyle
he lived. Thus, one could make the argument Dugdale is a hyprocrite for
eschewing one philosophy while living another. However, to be honest
I don't believe Jesus would have cared one way or another about
bodybuilding since it's primarily concerned with the ego and spiritual
matters are beyond it...

Stavios

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2006, 02:47:11 PM »
Not another boring thread about Mark's religion ..............  ::)
lame

let's put it this way: I prefer a guy like Mark who seems to care about the people around him and seems like a class act dude than a "true christian" like Shawn Ray who rats everybody to the DEA like a little bitch and try to destroy fellow bodybuilder's life

hope this help !

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2006, 02:50:25 PM »
Your Christian bashing gets old....give it a rest!

You telling someone the content of their posts is getting old is the height of irony.

How's that right wing zealot anti-liberal thing working out for you? Kill any left leaning democrats today?

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2006, 02:51:59 PM »
What's the deal with this guy? I read a story and he is expressing his Christian values and all this Jesus talk and all that...Now, I'm not bodybuilding insider but it's widely known performance enhancing drugs are used in professional bodybuilding...they are illegal in the U.S. also--doesn't this appear a bit hypocritical on his part?  IMO...

We've beaten this subject to death.

You see, as with most religious people, rules only apply to others............I.E., it's okay for you to sin, just not ok for others.

Kind of like Ronnie Coleman, thanking Jesus after his veektory........what the fuck does Jesus have to do with you pigging out on proteins and abusing AAS? Please tell me....

back to Dugdale........he posts here from time to time.......he just ignores certain questions.......
HAHA, RON.....

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2006, 02:54:24 PM »

Kind of like Ronnie Coleman, thanking Jesus after his veektory........what the f**k does Jesus have to do with you pigging out on proteins and abusing AAS? Please tell me....

keeping him alive maybe? just a guess  :)
bodybuildersreality.com

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2006, 02:55:07 PM »
One of my core beliefs is that - regardless of faith or position in life - we all have things to work on. 

I agree with you there. Nobody is perfect.

However, don't tell me that you are a great human being, while behaving like a piece of shit. Lead by example. Show me don't tell me.

HAHA, RON.....

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2006, 03:02:09 PM »

All of this is reposted from a previous thread about Dugdale and Christianity.

Like most people who wear their religion on their sleeves, I think he’s being a hypocrite.  Professional body building is anything but a Christian undertaking.  AAS is only a small part of the problem. 

Taking pride in your appearance is one thing but body building requires a great deal of vanity--hardly a Christian virtue.  Your goal is not merely to achieve (cosmetic) physical conditioning, it is to be looked at, admired, and, yes, even worshipped.  This doesn’t just happen on stage or in magazines.  This latter characterization is underscored by posing for a venue like musclegallery.com; a company that specializes in homoerotica and muscle worship videos.  And don’t get me started in private posing . . .

http://musclegallery.com/mark_dugdale/index.htm

Part of what makes body building problematic is that it is based entirely on the superficial.  You don’t have big muscles in order to do something (run fast, jump, lift heavy, etc.)  you have them simply for the sake of showing them off; you build and build yourself up, but for no possible purpose.  The proliferation of synthol and implants scarcely warrant comment.

I’m not saying you can’t be a Christian and enjoy sports, but professional bodybuilidng?  What Bible is he reading?  As someone said previously.... very selective Christianity.  Alas, in this he has plenty of company. 

Here’s a serious question: why do Christians love to tell people they are Christians?  Who are they trying to convince?  We have a saying where I come from, “Don’t listen to what people say; listen to what they do.”  If you are a Christian, all you need do is walk the walk.  Don’t talk the talk.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2006, 03:03:57 PM »
All of this is reposted from a previous thread about Dugdale and Christianity.

Like most people who wear their religion on their sleeves, I think he’s being a hypocrite.  Professional body building is anything but a Christian undertaking.  AAS is only a small part of the problem. 

Taking pride in your appearance is one thing but body building requires a great deal of vanity--hardly a Christian virtue.  Your goal is not merely to achieve (cosmetic) physical conditioning, it is to be looked at, admired, and, yes, even worshipped.  This doesn’t just happen on stage or in magazines.  This latter characterization is underscored by posing for a venue like musclegallery.com; a company that specializes in homoerotica and muscle worship videos.  And don’t get me started in private posing . . .

http://musclegallery.com/mark_dugdale/index.htm

Part of what makes body building problematic is that it is based entirely on the superficial.  You don’t have big muscles in order to do something (run fast, jump, lift heavy, etc.)  you have them simply for the sake of showing them off; you build and build yourself up, but for no possible purpose.  The proliferation of synthol and implants scarcely warrant comment.

I’m not saying you can’t be a Christian and enjoy sports, but professional bodybuilidng?  What Bible is he reading?  As someone said previously.... very selective Christianity.  Alas, in this he has plenty of company. 

Here’s a serious question: why do Christians love to tell people they are Christians?  Who are they trying to convince?  We have a saying where I come from, “Don’t listen to what people say; listen to what they do.”  If you are a Christian, all you need do is walk the walk.  Don’t talk the talk.

You horrible gay man.............I curse thee for pointing out the truth!  ;) ;D
HAHA, RON.....

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2006, 03:15:30 PM »
You horrible gay man.............I curse thee for pointing out the truth!  ;) ;D

You and so many others before you...  ;D

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2006, 04:13:27 PM »
If God and the Devil exist, then it doesn't take genius to figure out that the Devil has a strong hold on "everything bodybuilding"...Esp. on the pro level...And Dugdale is no different...

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2006, 06:41:28 PM »
Excellent post. This subject reoccurs all the time,but this and Special Ed's contributions made this thread worth reading.
T

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2006, 06:45:46 PM »

How's that right wing zealot anti-liberal thing working out for you? Kill any left leaning democrats today?

No, they seem to doing it on their own without my help....thanks anyway!

Purge_WTF

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2006, 06:47:54 PM »

I pointed out this very fact over at Mayhem and was banned for my trouble. Go figure.

And I see Mr. IntenseMuff hasn't strayed too far from the Kool-Aid bowl. Hey bonehead--if it were, say, Bill Clinton who used steroids, would you be as fair and balanced? I didn't think so.