Author Topic: Iraq's leader to U.S.: I'm not your man  (Read 843 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Iraq's leader to U.S.: I'm not your man
« on: October 28, 2006, 09:16:12 AM »
Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki told the top U.S. diplomat in Iraq, "I'm not America's man in Iraq," during a private meeting, a senior aide said. Hassan al-Seneid also said that Americans wanted al-Maliki to make decisions too quickly. Al-Maliki also spoke with President Bush on Saturday.

www.cnn.com

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Iraq's leader to U.S.: I'm not your man
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 09:26:23 AM »
Just rhetoric; they're woefully behind in fact.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 10:39:21 AM »
Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki told the top U.S. diplomat in Iraq, "I'm not America's man in Iraq," during a private meeting, a senior aide said. Hassan al-Seneid also said that Americans wanted al-Maliki to make decisions too quickly. Al-Maliki also spoke with President Bush on Saturday.

www.cnn.com

That's impossible.  It's a puppet government.  Of course he's our "man."  He has to cooperate or we cannot steal his oil. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 10:51:54 AM »
That's impossible.  It's a puppet government.  Of course he's our "man."  He has to cooperate or we cannot steal his oil. 

no offense, but "steal his oil" is a tad simple.  it involves setting up long term contracts and trade and currency agreements.  I'm sure you imagine it as pumping oil into tanker boats by night and sneaking away, but it's a tad more longterm.  Essentially, we're putting the structure in place so that the oil won't be able to be utilized by groups with whom we disagree.  We don't need the oil, but by preventing groups from having access, we maintain dominance/control in other areas.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 11:02:59 AM »
It's a puppet government.  Of course he's our "man."  He has to cooperate or we cannot set up long term contracts and trade and currency agreements.