Author Topic: Cooking today's meals  (Read 9727 times)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Re: Cooking today's meals
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2014, 09:08:45 AM »
Coconut oil is a weird bird bro...I've noticed a lot of really good benifits from using it..so lately I've been using it to cook almost every meal...I have noticed many people use way too much in the pan though

Like they are braising or some shit

Bench

Great stuff...coconut oil for high heat, grass-fed butter for low heat, olive oil for salads/after cooking

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2014, 09:26:38 AM »
Teflon is bad. Birds (especially lovebirds) have sensitive lungs and you'll sear their lungs and kill them cooking with Teflon. Pregnant women working in those factories put their fetuses at risk of birth defects, and even the people in the towns in which they are manufactured get health problems.

I still have some nonstick pans...just because they were given to me :/

Simple Simon

« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2014, 09:27:44 AM »
Teflon is bad. Birds (especially lovebirds) have sensitive lungs and you'll sear their lungs and kill them cooking with Teflon. Pregnant women working in those factories put their fetuses at risk of birth defects, and even the people in the towns in which they are manufactured get health problems.

Genius.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2014, 09:30:04 AM »

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2014, 09:41:49 AM »

I/my wife killed my favorite cockatiel because she left a teflon pan on a burner and I thought I smelled something but didnt check it. It was traumatic watching the poor thing suffocate.

I have a conure now. Seems like my birds keep getting bigger.  :D

I pretty much use cast iron pans or uncoated pans now. I still use teflon lined pans for eggs, but thats it. Honestly I find it easier to clean an iron skillet than I do those stupid teflon lined pans anyway. Those things suck. And they peel after a while anyway.

I just bought some walnut oil to cook with. Fairly high smoke point, and very low in saturated fats.

coconut oil was FULL of saturated fats. Im not well versed in fats but it suprised me.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2014, 09:47:46 AM »

coconut oil was FULL of saturated fats. Im not well versed in fats but it suprised me.

MCT fats, though.....completely different animal.  Give it a quick google.
Y

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2014, 11:10:40 AM »
I/my wife killed my favorite cockatiel because she left a teflon pan on a burner and I thought I smelled something but didnt check it. It was traumatic watching the poor thing suffocate.

I have a conure now. Seems like my birds keep getting bigger.  :D

I pretty much use cast iron pans or uncoated pans now. I still use teflon lined pans for eggs, but thats it. Honestly I find it easier to clean an iron skillet than I do those stupid teflon lined pans anyway. Those things suck. And they peel after a while anyway.

I just bought some walnut oil to cook with. Fairly high smoke point, and very low in saturated fats.

Yeah, the birds sit on the bottom of the cage  :'(

You can't really whip out the steel wool on a non stick pan, so I can see how it may be easier in some ways to clean uncoated pans.