Author Topic: Barack asking for money....  (Read 2303 times)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Barack asking for money....
« on: July 22, 2008, 11:23:23 AM »
Did anyone receive a letter request with inserts, etc. to give money to Barack Obama to "end the gridlock and reclaim america?"

If so, did the letter etc. prompt you to give?

R

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Barack asking for money....
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 12:37:17 PM »
was it linked to a merchant processor or something?

phishing email?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 05:25:39 PM »
It was snail mail

They want to make sure that McCain voters who don't own computers can still donate.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 05:26:56 PM »
I thought Obama was for the earth?

What is the term "gridlock" supposed to convey?

That the Democratic congress is holding things up?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 05:36:26 PM »

What is the term "gridlock" supposed to convey?

That the Democratic congress is holding things up?
I think the gridlock thing is their idea that amount of SEnate Repubs make it possible to block what the dems what to do.

I think what the money actually goes to is to finance campaigns for democrats....but after scanning the letter it doesn't look like it states that specifically.

I will try to scan and copy and upload the letter but I'm not sure if I can figure that one out....seriously :-\   If I can't upload it I'll try to send it to Rob and if he wants he can post it here.
R

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 05:38:29 PM »
Thank goodness we have republicans, no telling what the democrats would be wanting to do next - adopt a terrorist.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 05:41:33 PM »
Thank goodness we have republicans, no telling what the democrats would be wanting to do next - adopt a terrorist.

weird that Obama wants to send 5000 men into pakistan to kill osama bin laden...

but McCain doesn't ;)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 05:41:36 PM »
Seems weird they would spend all this money on mailing(s) ....but maybe it works out in their favor.

R

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 06:58:09 PM »
weird that Obama wants to send 5000 men into pakistan to kill osama bin laden...

but McCain doesn't ;)

How the hell is he going to do that. Barrack is out of touch on Afghanistan.

Pakistan will not let 5000 American soldiers in without their permission.

If he invades then there will be a real shit storm.
Good luck flying over Pakistan. Iran, China or Russia, if America invaded Pakistan. Its not a good idea to piss off 3 major nuclear powers at once.
http://www.app.com.pk/en_/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=45927&Itemid=2
Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani, who meets top U.S.  leaders in Washington later this month, Saturday ruled out any foreign troops on Pakistani soil, making it clear that only Pakistani forces would take action against any terrorists that may be hiding on its soil.Islamabad urges Washington to improve intelligence sharing on the Afghan border. 
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 07:01:47 PM »
Pakistan will not let 5000 American soldiers in without their permission.

We have given them billions since 2001.  We've given them 7 years to get bin laden on their own. 

Now, if Bush was willing to topple an independent govt in afghanistan - the taleban - because they harbor terrorists (taleban was legit to us, as we negotiated with them for oil pipeline for 6 months before 911, and they did offer to deliver OBL if we showed proof of his involvement) - why can't the USA go into pakistan for bin laden?

Or, should they just let him spend 7 more years living free, after being part of the worst attack on our soil ever?

I mean, the repubs are all about justice... going anywhere on the earth to root out terror... yet "pakistan won't LET us?"  Come on...

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 07:04:15 PM »
We have given them billions since 2001.  We've given them 7 years to get bin laden on their own. 

Now, if Bush was willing to topple an independent govt in afghanistan - the taleban - because they harbor terrorists (taleban was legit to us, as we negotiated with them for oil pipeline for 6 months before 911, and they did offer to deliver OBL if we showed proof of his involvement) - why can't the USA go into pakistan for bin laden?

Or, should they just let him spend 7 more years living free, after being part of the worst attack on our soil ever?

I mean, the repubs are all about justice... going anywhere on the earth to root out terror... yet "pakistan won't LET us?"  Come on...

America will have a nuclear problem in their hands if they invade Pakistan.
Barack doesn't seem to know this.
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 07:11:54 PM »
America will have a nuclear problem in their hands if they invade Pakistan.
Barack doesn't seem to know this.

There's a diff between invading, and doing more to put men in there to get bin laden.

if they haven't gotten him under Bush - who gave them tons of money and weapons and eyes in sky, etc... they'll never get him.

Do they even want to catch bin laden?  I'm being serious.  SEVEN YEARS...

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 07:36:11 PM »
Clinton could have killed Osama 3 times and didn't
Bush had him at Tora Bora and didn't.
The Bin Laden family is very powerful and causing a civil war in Saudi Arabia over killing Osama would be devastating to the world economy.

The problem is that Pakistan is very close to a civil war. America sending more troops in would only worsen the situation.
If Pakistan falls, the world will be very bad off.

If leaving Osama in Pakistan keeps Al Qaeda from acquiring a few Plutonium bombs and Saudi Arabia producing oil, then I would guess that it is a fair trade off.
Its the same reason why there are not more American ground strikes on the Taliban on Pakistan. They know where the training bases are, but is an assault worth a civil war in Pakistan.

When the Afghanistan Military can stand up for itself it will help a lot, but this won't happen until Afghanistan van develop some semblance of an economy.
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 07:38:20 PM »
Clinton could have killed Osama 3 times and didn't
Bush had him at Tora Bora and didn't.
The Bin Laden family is very powerful and causing a civil war in Saudi Arabia over killing Osama would be devastating to the world economy.

The problem is that Pakistan is very close to a civil war. America sending more troops in would only worsen the situation.
If Pakistan falls, the world will be very bad off.

If leaving Osama in Pakistan keeps Al Qaeda from acquiring a few Plutonium bombs and Saudi Arabia producing oil, then I would guess that it is a fair trade off.
Its the same reason why there are not more American ground strikes on the Taliban on Pakistan. They know where the training bases are, but is an assault worth a civil war in Pakistan.

When the Afghanistan Military can stand up for itself it will help a lot, but this won't happen until Afghanistan van develop some semblance of an economy.

awesome post.  makes a lot of sense.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 07:48:30 PM »
thanks
Z

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 08:02:14 PM »
awesome post.  makes a lot of sense.

no it wasn't

What happened to McCain's promise to follow "Osama to the gates of hell?"  ::) I guess that is only if the gate isn't at the Pakistan border.
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 08:23:29 PM »
What happened to McCain's promise to follow "Osama to the gates of hell?"  ::) I guess that is only if the gate isn't at the Pakistan border.

It shows that Bush and Mccain say things to fire up their base, that they don't really mean.  Deceptive.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 08:41:54 PM »
It shows that Bush and Mccain say things to fire up their base, that they don't really mean.  Deceptive.

Do you really think that Barack will send 5000 troops into Pakistan or that McCain will invade Pakistan knowing what the consequences are?

Both sides stretch the truth and pander to voters. Its an election after all.

No one will invade Pakistan, unless they want Al Qaeda to acquire nuclear weapons and another much more devastating attack in America.
Z

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 06:56:46 AM »
No one will invade Pakistan, unless they want Al Qaeda to acquire nuclear weapons and another much more devastating attack in America.
Ridiculous projection into the future.
!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 07:14:25 AM »

but McCain doesn't ;)

neither can or will..the ISI and CIA r intimately connected...

i believe osama is already dead...and if not...he's much more valuable alive..look how much bush got done in the name of terrorism

and musharraf is following his lead....he's still in office isn't he

and al-queda is never gonna get their hands on paki nukes..
carpe` vaginum!

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2008, 07:20:48 AM »
Do you even have a clue into what is happening in Pakistan.
If the government falls in a civil war there will be a strong likely hood that nuclear weapons could or would be passed onto Al Qaeda.
This event will most likely be triggered if America sends in troops without the approval of the Pakistani government.
http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2007/12/al_qaeda_taliban_tar.php
http://www.daily.pk/politics/politicalnews/37-politicalnews/5954-usa-lies-there-is-no-chance-of-another-911-from-pakistani-tribal-areas-.html

Pakistan must be allowed time to deal with there own mess.
Z

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2008, 07:29:09 AM »
Do you even have a clue into what is happening in Pakistan.
If the government falls in a civil war there will be a strong likely hood that nuclear weapons could or would be passed onto Al Qaeda.

i AM from pakistan...

idiot...

the military govt is not going anywhere.....

unless musharaff blows up on a plane with a buncha american delegates like the last military dictator zia  ::)
carpe` vaginum!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 07:45:25 AM »
i AM from pakistan...

idiot...

Looks like the joke is on "a_joker10".  :D
!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 07:51:47 AM »
Looks like the joke is on "a_joker10".  :D

that fucker better check under the hood before getting in his car today..

BOOM! >:(

:D
carpe` vaginum!

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 07:54:41 AM »
i AM from pakistan...

idiot...

the military govt is not going anywhere.....

unless musharaff blows up on a plane with a buncha american delegates like the last military dictator zia  ::)
My statement wasn't to you. I know your from Pakistan.
You happened to respond before I finished my post.

It was on Benny.

Musharaff won't last if America goes into Pakistan without the government involved.
The Pakistani government is already signing deals with the Northern Provinces for limited autonomous rule.
http://www.business-standard.com/common/news_article.php?autono=329402&leftnm=5&subLeft=0&chkFlg=
Running with the Taliban hare while hunting with the American hound has had its inevitable consequences for Pakistan. The entire Northwest Frontier Province of Pakistan is today under virtual Taliban control. In his conclusion Rashid notes: "Today, seven years after 9/11 Mullah Omar and the original Afghan Shura still live in Baluchistan Province. Afghans and Pakistani Taliban leaders live further north in FATA (Federally Administered Tribal Areas), as do the militias of Jalaluddin Haqqani and Gulbuddin Hikmetyar. Al Qaeda has safe havens in FATA, and along with them reside a plethora of Asian and Arab terrorist groups".
Z