Author Topic: Gozo Shioda  (Read 17057 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Gozo Shioda
« on: June 10, 2014, 04:53:19 AM »
small man who could inflict pain. His School was closer to daito Ryu Aiki Jutsu.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Gozo Shioda
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 05:41:41 AM »
a lot of critics say that the UKI ( the Person receiving the technique ) just go with it. This is true to a Point. however some throws use Joint Manipulation so if you donīt go with the throw you will get hurt. Flying through the air Looks funny but is infact a lot of skill and trust between TORI and UKI. I can tell you some wrist locks hurt and These are weak Points which were attacked in feudal Japan. Wrists. elbows, shoulders, fingers, nerve Points. so itīs not as comical as you think. wrote this before but we did Aikido in the Army and i met a Guy In Hannover ( he was over 60 ) who trained for years in Japan. I said i like "Locks".. he smiled and i can tell you he locked me with Nikyo and i was brought to my knees with pain. Then i had respect for Aikido.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 06:10:21 AM »
saito Sensei Shows Nikyo. This was the Aikido School i learned from this "old man" Iwama Ryu" also very old School...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 07:11:50 AM »
such a beautiful Art. The Fore runner of Aikido, love the locks. indeed it was said that while watching a Spider spin a web this Art came to light.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 05:01:57 AM »
The way of the Warrior.. a great film. A nice Piece about Kenji Tomiki Sensei, he was a Judo Master and formed his own art of Aikido.. bringing "Tanto Dori " into an art competition . Indeed he believed in "Randori" (free practise) which was shunned by the Traditional Aiki Kai Schools.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 05:34:23 AM »
5.18 Yamaguchi Sensei also nice.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 05:50:44 AM »
Koichi Tohei.. was a man who believed in KI .. another direction which was very different from Yoshinkan from Gozo Shioda who believed in a more practical Art. still good to look at the whole picture ;)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 05:55:02 AM »

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 07:42:24 AM »
A very old Film of Morihei Ueshiba the founder of Aikido when he called his System "Aiki Budo" still showing strong teachings from Sokaku Takeda who tought Ueshiba the essens of Budo.. Daito Ryu.