Author Topic: Vermont law expands Medicare  (Read 2100 times)

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Vermont law expands Medicare
« on: May 30, 2011, 10:02:54 PM »
Good job finally doing the right thing.  Democrats working for the people and Republicans for big corporations.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Vermont law expands Medicare
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 08:00:05 AM »
Goody!! When it goes broke, only the folks in Vermont will feel the pain.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 10:26:59 AM »
I wonder how romneycare will work there.

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 01:08:08 PM »
Goody!! When it goes broke, only the folks in Vermont will feel the pain.

won't go broke, increase taxes on rich to the tax rates in the 60's 70's problem solved :)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 01:17:51 PM »
won't go broke, increase taxes on rich to the tax rates in the 60's 70's problem solved :)

How exactly does that solve the problem? Why are the "rich" expected to pick up the tab on this?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 01:36:44 PM »
New England is a very nice place.
I hate the State.

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 06:59:25 PM »
How exactly does that solve the problem? Why are the "rich" expected to pick up the tab on this?

What problem?  You mean how taxes are at a all time low in the history of this country for the rich?  That problem?  The rich profited off being raised in this country with a stable upbringing a good job market and a ability to create or move up in business, now that times are tough they don't want to give the current generation the same opportunity they had.  You see???

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 07:10:29 PM »
What problem?  You mean how taxes are at a all time low in the history of this country for the rich?  That problem?  The rich profited off being raised in this country with a stable upbringing a good job market and a ability to create or move up in business, now that times are tough they don't want to give the current generation the same opportunity they had.  You see???

No I don't see, the 2 have nothing to do with each other. The current generation isn't entitled to anything, least of all someone one else's money. You want to prosper? Get off your ass and put the work in necessary to prosper. Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, catching it is up to you.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 10:13:57 AM »

No I don't see, the 2 have nothing to do with each other. The current generation isn't entitled to anything, least of all someone one else's money. You want to prosper? Get off your ass and put the work in necessary to prosper. Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, catching it is up to you.

I guess you haven't been conscious the past 10 years, America is going down the shit hole, hardly any opportunities, this isn't the 50's 60's where you could make your own, or work you way up, this is the america of corporations pay people a pittance and work them like dogs selling a dream no one can achieve, it's like hitting the jackpot now if you get rich off hard work, there are plenty including myself hard working Americans that get no where.  You can say they are doing something wrong, but we aren't it is the opportunities of yesteryear are no longer there, the rich are richer than every before, pay less taxes and the poor are growing poorer and poorer, just the way the rich want it to go.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 11:12:27 AM »

Increase taxes and the rich haul tail to another state (i.e. Texas, Florida), leaving middle-class/poor stuck with the bill. Problem REMAINS!!!

New York and California are prime examples of such.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 11:17:14 AM »
I guess you haven't been conscious the past 10 years, America is going down the shit hole, hardly any opportunities, this isn't the 50's 60's where you could make your own, or work you way up, this is the america of corporations pay people a pittance and work them like dogs selling a dream no one can achieve, it's like hitting the jackpot now if you get rich off hard work, there are plenty including myself hard working Americans that get no where.  You can say they are doing something wrong, but we aren't it is the opportunities of yesteryear are no longer there, the rich are richer than every before, pay less taxes and the poor are growing poorer and poorer, just the way the rich want it to go.

Typical cry baby bullshit, its always someone else's fault that I can't get anywhere. The government needs to even the playing field ::), when the whole time they are the ones that create the tax code and all the fucking loops holes for the "rich", because they are all fucking "rich". Not being able to work your way up is an excuse for the weak, I started out working a shitty 3rd shift job in a factory. I decided that this was not the way I would spend the rest of my life, so I went back to school and worked yet another shitty job in a unionized shop. Once I got my degree I fixed copiers for a few years, then did field service PC repair for a while. All this time gaining experience and building up my resume. I started at the company I am with now as  level 1 PC support, glorified help desk. After a few years I was running the PC support dept. And few years later I worked my way up to the server side. Now I am the systems administrator for the company. Yeah hard work will get you no where ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 11:45:11 AM »
Typical cry baby bullshit, its always someone else's fault that I can't get anywhere. The government needs to even the playing field ::), when the whole time they are the ones that create the tax code and all the fucking loops holes for the "rich", because they are all fucking "rich". Not being able to work your way up is an excuse for the weak, I started out working a shitty 3rd shift job in a factory. I decided that this was not the way I would spend the rest of my life, so I went back to school and worked yet another shitty job in a unionized shop. Once I got my degree I fixed copiers for a few years, then did field service PC repair for a while. All this time gaining experience and building up my resume. I started at the company I am with now as  level 1 PC support, glorified help desk. After a few years I was running the PC support dept. And few years later I worked my way up to the server side. Now I am the systems administrator for the company. Yeah hard work will get you no where ::)

That's a great story, it is sad it cannot happen in this days and ages, glad you got in before the USA went to shit.

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 11:48:58 AM »
Increase taxes and the rich haul tail to another state (i.e. Texas, Florida), leaving middle-class/poor stuck with the bill. Problem REMAINS!!!

New York and California are prime examples of such.

I'm not talking about state taxes, I am talking federal.  Also a law should be passed along with this if they leave the United States after this tax hike goes into effect they have to give over a portion of their income to make up for what they will not be paying in the future.  The rich run from helping the country out, but love to take advantage of all the country offers, typical rich thinking.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 12:02:46 PM »
I'm not talking about state taxes, I am talking federal.  Also a law should be passed along with this if they leave the United States after this tax hike goes into effect they have to give over a portion of their income to make up for what they will not be paying in the future.  The rich run from helping the country out, but love to take advantage of all the country offers, typical rich thinking.

The rich run, because people like you think they're entitled to other people's money. And, half the liberals espousing this mess are HIDING MONEY THEMSELVES (see John Kerry, Charlie Rangel, etc.).

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 12:08:32 PM »
That's a great story, it is sad it cannot happen in this days and ages, glad you got in before the USA went to shit.

All this was accomplished within the last 15 years most of it in the last 10, you are either delusional or to lazy to get it done.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 01:28:20 PM »
The rich run, because people like you think they're entitled to other people's money. And, half the liberals espousing this mess are HIDING MONEY THEMSELVES (see John Kerry, Charlie Rangel, etc.).

entitled no, the rich need to pay their fare share. 

All you have to do to see if taxing the rich a fair amount would help out the country is look at this chart.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 04:52:14 PM »

That's the stupidest thing I've ever read...........