Author Topic: How to Overcome Limitations  (Read 9169 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
How to Overcome Limitations
« on: July 19, 2008, 02:15:35 PM »
by Napoleon Hill

Passion, wealth, fame, accomplishment and happiness can be yours, in whatever amounts you desire,
when you've learned . . . .

Your only limitations, within reason, are those you set up in your own mind, or permit others to set up for you.

Rid yourself of these imaginary curbs, and you can achieve any heights you desire. You can do anything--if you believe you can. There is no handicap that can stop you, unless you want it to do so.

Thomas A. Edison became the greatest inventor of all time although he had little formal schooling. He knew what he wanted and believed thoroughly that he could get it. He permitted no limitation to enter his mind.

He learned to overcome his handicap, using his active imagination to conceive new devices and then letting others with technical training perfect the inventions.

Not too long ago "everyone" knew that Orville and Wilbur Wright were wasting their time trying to make a flying machine. Hadn't others tried and failed?

The Wrights, however, refused to recognize any limitations others tried to establish. They went right on working--and won.

There is no greater proof of the statement that "whatever the mind of Man can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."

But success comes only to those who try.

It never comes to those who let themselves be hog-tied by limitations they believe insurmountable. There is no such thing as a limitation which cannot be circumvented, removed or surmounted by some plan or purpose that turns the obstacle into a stepping stone.

The place to start is in your own mind--by maintaining a positive mental attitude, by knowing exactly what you want and keeping your mind so busily engaged in achieving it that there is no time left for discouragement. The only limitations that can hold you back are those you willingly accept as unbeatable.

You'll never know the miracles your mind can perform until you acquire the habit of casting off these imaginary shackles. Only you can do it. Others might encourage and urge and advise. But the final blow for freedom of the mind is yours alone to strike.

Remember that those things that have never been done before offer the greatest challenge and opportunity.
The pioneer who first accomplishes them is the one who reaps the reward.

Hope That Helps,

Source: Success Unlimited. January 1969. Volume 16, No. 1. Pgs. 62 & 63

For other useful tips for homebusiness entrepreneurs, please visit: www.jaguarenterprises.net and indicate your area(s) of interest
w

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
Re: How to Overcome Limitations
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 01:49:14 PM »
Mr Hill was a genius.......

what business are you into? 

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 01:30:24 AM »
Tony Robbins called he wants his speech back! ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 02:18:58 AM »
Mr Hill was a genius.......

what business are you into? 

Monstercalves

I'm in the people business. I help people to accomplish their financial & lifestyle goals.
ie: whether it be to make a fortune, develop an extra $500 - $5000 per month in income, and/or simply have the freedom to enjoy their lives spending more time with their family, rather than working 24/7 on a treadmill in a job they hate, or one that prevents them from having the time to do the things they want to do.

I help people to develop the kind of leverage in their lives that allows them freedom, options, and incredible wealth if they choose it.

The vehicle we're using to achieve this is currently the hottest growth vehicle in the market today with massive worldwide potential, and massive worldwide appeal. We're taking advantage of some very powerful convergent global market trends, the likes of which we have never seen before, ...and are unlikely to ever see again, ...to empower people to develop financial freedom while making a difference in this world, helping people and industry to save money, clean up the environment and make money (if one chooses to) all at the same time.

You can discover more by visiting www.FuelFreedomVision.com and request the video package.
w

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 02:34:43 AM »
so bascially the same principles as the SECRET

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 02:37:21 AM »
so bascially the same principles as the SECRET

You could say that. Napoleon Hill was one of the great philosophers whose wisdom was drawn upon for the making of 'The Secret'
w

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 02:45:15 AM »
You could say that. Napoleon Hill was one of the great philosophers whose wisdom was drawn upon for the making of 'The Secret'
Its funny, i had a few girls at work tell me about it, i laughed, then i actually watched the dvd, i decided to apply it in my life, and it works, coincidence??? maybe.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 05:22:57 AM »
Its funny, i had a few girls at work tell me about it, i laughed, then i actually watched the dvd, i decided to apply it in my life, and it works, coincidence??? maybe.

I can think of a lot of things that invoke laughter & skepticism, ...until someone actually tries it.  ;)

"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." -- Winston Churchill
w

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 05:36:38 AM »
I can think of a lot of things that invoke laughter & skepticism, ...until someone actually tries it.  ;)

"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." -- Winston Churchill
Cool, its actually funny, the girls at work told me about it, they saw it on oprah, it was the in thing last year, then i met a girl out one night, she was divorced and we got chatting and drinking, she invited me over her place that night for a little fun, anyhow when i woke i realised i was in a mansion, i asked her "How can i get a place like this" she said "the secret" and something bout metaphysics...she was hot too.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 02:05:27 PM »
... whether it be to make a fortune ...

I'm curious, why would someone who can make a fortune for others not just make one for him/herself? No offense, but I never understood that part of the financial adviser business.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 03:27:32 PM »
I'm curious, why would someone who can make a fortune for others not just make one for him/herself? No offense, but I never understood that part of the financial adviser business.

I know what you mean.  Of course, an ethical financial advisor is not going to make outlandish promises; he will educate his client on how to best secure his financial future after getting to know the client's goals, resources, etc.  These folks who claim to have some sort of magical "black box" that will double or triple your money with no effort from you are the ones who make me ask the question you asked...why not keep this great secret to yourself if it works so well?
~

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 03:57:48 PM »

I know what you mean.  Of course, an ethical financial advisor is not going to make outlandish promises; he will educate his client on how to best secure his financial future after getting to know the client's goals, resources, etc.  These folks who claim to have some sort of magical "black box" that will double or triple your money with no effort from you are the ones who make me ask the question you asked...why not keep this great secret to yourself if it works so well?

Wavelength, Andy,
I'm not a financial advisor. I'm an independent entrepreneur who is taking advantage of powerful trends to create a significant difference in people's lives, ...my own included. My business operates on a different paradigmn than traditional business. We operate on a win/win/win scenario where we prosper, succeed, and get what we want, by doing right by others and assisting others to get what they want. We're making a difference in the lives of countless thousands of people around the world, ...people who are both in our business, and those who are not in our business, ...and leaving an incredible legacy in the process.
w

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 04:07:31 PM »

Wavelength, Andy,
I'm not a financial advisor. I'm an independent entrepreneur who is taking advantage of powerful trends to create a significant difference in people's lives, ...my own included. My business operates on a different paradigmn than traditional business. We operate on a win/win/win scenario where we prosper, succeed, and get what we want, by doing right by others and assisting others to get what they want. We're making a difference in the lives of countless thousands of people around the world, ...people who are both in our business, and those who are not in our business, ...and leaving an incredible legacy in the process.

Hi.

I wasn't referring to what you're doing...I was only addressing Wave's question regarding financial advisors.  I apologize if my post indicated otherwise.
~

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 11:03:20 AM »
Wavelength, Andy,

Guys, what she means is that her income comes from multilevel marketing. She buys in to a commercial venture (FFI, MPG Caps in this case) and then goes on to sell the product as well as recruit more people to do as she does (and she gets a percentage of commission from each new recruit). You can't specifically criticise the statement that she makes money for other people, but at the end of it she is in it for her own financial gain only. She cannot say this of course due to the nature of the marketing scheme.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 12:25:18 PM »
Wavelength, Andy,

How ist this different than any other business? You're basically a distributor, right? Why the dramatization?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 12:38:26 PM »
How ist this different than any other business? You're basically a distributor, right? Why the dramatization?

Mate, you know exactly why! ;D Do you enjoy asking people uncomfortable questions?

The reason, as you well know is to feed into peoples emotions.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 12:40:13 PM »
Mate, you know exactly why! ;D Do you enjoy asking people uncomfortable questions?

More of Judy's BS...but then again, IQ=160.... ::)
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 01:05:11 PM »

I'm just curious, that's all. Maybe there is a reason. 8)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 02:42:20 PM »
Guys, what she means is that her income comes from multilevel marketing. She buys in to a commercial venture (FFI, MPG Caps in this case) and then goes on to sell the product as well as recruit more people to do as she does (and she gets a percentage of commission from each new recruit). You can't specifically criticise the statement that she makes money for other people, but at the end of it she is in it for her own financial gain only. She cannot say this of course due to the nature of the marketing scheme.

Marketing of MPG-Caps is just a very small portion of what I and others do.  It is sooo much more than that.

However, ...there's no denying the price of fuel has crippled household and national economies around the planet.
There's no denying that the burning of fossil fuels pollutes the environment around the planet.
There's no denying there is a worldwide need to reduce fuel consumption around the planet.

If putting $10 worth of MPG-caps into your fuel tank results in $341.75 net fuel savings, if that such a bad thing?

When you can take a driver who is only getting 5 miles per gallon, and increase his mileage to 6 miles per gallon,
on a 2000 mile trek, he will consume 67 less gallons of fuel. At $5.25 a gallon, ...that's a savings of $351.75

Total fuel consumed would be 333 gallons instead of 400 gallons. The cost to treat that much fuel... $10,
...and you're knocking out harmful emmissions and doing your part to help the environment at the same time.

What would most people rather spend... $10   or  the additional $351.75 at the fuel pump?  :o

You can see why the demand for this product and the repeat business is so brisk.... all over the world.  8)

But you don't have to take my word for it, why not have a listen to actual product users themselves

You can hear actual truckers discussing their results by clicking here <-- click me

Or, you can tune in to a LIVE call and ask these guys a few questions for yourself.

Date:  Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Time: 8:00 pm eastern time zone

To determine the correct time in your country and city
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/difference.html?p1=250&sort=1

There are two ways to attend the call, either by telephone or through skype.

If through skype: Dial: +99008275868476 from your skype device.

This is a free call when accessed through your skype device.

To connect by telephone:
If calling from the USA or Canada, please call: 1-605-475-8500 room#: 5868476  (long distance costs may apply)

If calling Internationally, from outside the USA or Canada, please call:
    Austria         0820 4000 1572
    Belgium        070 35 9987
    France         0826 100 275
    Germany      01805 00 7646
    Ireland          0818 270 032
    Italy              0848 390 172
    Spain           0902 886 048
    Switzerland   0848 560 152
    UK                0870 738 0760
    Netherlands   0870 001 931

The Conference Room Number is: 5868476
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 02:47:15 PM »

It's different in the sense that in most businesses, you're required to be there to make it happen.
In our business, we incorporate the type of leverage that allows us to accomplish things we could not possibly accomplish on our own. Most businesses operate on a model that over the long term creates both direct and indirect competition for itself. Ours does not do this, but instead empowers us to continually build upon the foundations we lay.

A good generic explanation of this paradigmn shift can be found by listening to Brilliant Compensation done by a friend of mine. While the specific compensation structure Tim describes isn't applicable to my specific enterprise, the principle still applies. It is what has allowed me to build my business and see it travel to such far away places as Nepal.

It is what has empowered us to be paid everytime people throughout over 200 countries and territories save money as they go about their daily lives, doing such everyday mundane tasks as filling up their gas tanks, or even cleaning their homes. All the while they are saving themselves money, reducing pollution in the air, and making money.

What would your life look like if you got paid everytime a housewife in China or or Italy cleaned her bathroom?
How much of your household budget would you free up if you got free gasoline whenever someone in Spain or Germany elects to save money?

This is providing not only significant savings for people,...but also creating significant wealth.

It is this type of wealth that has afforded many of us the luxury to travel whenever we choose, to ensure our children's futures, cover mortgage payments, car payments, private school tuition, etc., It has enabled many of my friends to build schools in impoverished communities around the world, to travel to far off places and build orphanages, and dig wells for communities that don't have fresh water.

There are many around the world who don't engage in these types of activities, ...not because they don't want to, or because they don't care to, ...it's because they don't have the ability to because they're so busy working their fingers to the bones just trying to make ends meet, and put food on their family's table. At the end of the day, ...they're exhausted, with barely enough time to catch a few hours of sleep to turn around and do it all over again.  The end result of their hard work, ...they are barely scratching by, ...while multi-national corporations get rich along with their CEOs.

When you can eliminate the financial pressures in a person's life, ...it removes many of the obstacles and burdens of their daily lives, and empowers them to lead more satisfying and fulfilling lives.

In our business model, individuals are empowered with the same kind of leverage,
and it is literally changing people's lives all over the planet, ...and making a difference in this world. 

Who We Are  <-- click me

Hope That Clarifies,

Edit: Looks like the server won't allow access to this video directly.
If you want access to the video, you'll just have to access it through www.fuelfreedomvision.com
w

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 03:05:40 PM »
Dramatising, glorifying an romanticising a multi level marketing scheme is what you are doing to make it appear attractive - which is indeed a viable business tactic.

If you really cared you would be pumping your resources into clean fuels rather than help extend the life of the petroleum based combustion engine which provides demand for oil and everything that comes with it (instability and terrorism in the Middle East). I might well be wrong and you're investing in alternate and clean energy sources.

What would your life look like if you got paid everytime a housewife in China or or Italy cleaned her bathroom?
How much of your household budget would you free up if you got free gasoline whenever someone in Spain or Germany elects to save money?

Are you suggesting that someone using MPG caps in Spain results in free gasoline for Americans (on some scale)? This is a flat out lie and pure manipulation of truth if that is your point.

Your figures, are they the result of independent, double blind, scientific testing? Does such scientific scrutiny exist? If not, why are you advertising such numbers?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 07:34:57 PM »
Dramatising, glorifying an romanticising a multi level marketing scheme is what you are doing to make it appear attractive - which is indeed a viable business tactic.

I'm not dramatizing, glorifying or romanticizing anything. I'm telling it like it is. I'm livin' the life my friend!

If you really cared you would be pumping your resources into clean fuels rather than help extend the life of the petroleum based combustion engine which provides demand for oil and everything that comes with it (instability and terrorism in the Middle East). I might well be wrong and you're investing in alternate and clean energy sources.

So what else is new?  ::)   You are quite frequently wrong.

Are you suggesting that someone using MPG caps in Spain results in free gasoline for Americans (on some scale)? This is a flat out lie and pure manipulation of truth if that is your point.

::)  I'm on the inside looking out, and have only been doing this for the past 2.5 years... so what would I know?

whereas YOU nordic, ...are on the outside throwing stones at something you know nothing about. Brilliant.

Your figures, are they the result of independent, double blind, scientific testing? Does such scientific scrutiny exist? If not, why are you advertising such numbers?

Have a listen to the recording. We have so much test data it's not funny. The bottom line is our products work,
and those who use them and get results don't want to be without them.
w

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 02:57:11 AM »
I'm not dramatizing, glorifying or romanticizing anything. I'm telling it like it is. I'm livin' the life my friend!

::)  I'm on the inside looking out, and have only been doing this for the past 2.5 years... so what would I know?

whereas YOU nordic, ...are on the outside throwing stones at something you know nothing about. Brilliant.

Have a listen to the recording. We have so much test data it's not funny. The bottom line is our products work,

Your arse should get booted from Getbig for trying to sell shit, haven't you been warned before? I think I am going to report your 160 IQ ass...
I hate the State.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2008, 03:06:41 AM »
Your arse should get booted from Getbig for trying to sell shit, haven't you been warned before? I think I am going to report your 160 IQ ass...
No, Shes on my team, she stays!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2008, 04:04:08 AM »

Nice ad hominem attacks, they sure help your cause ::)

The FREE money thing is a logical fallacy like I said, it's simply not true, it may free up INCOME if it works due to reduced outgoings but that isn't FREE money.

So where is the INDEPENDENT, DOUBLE BLIND, SCIENTIFIC evidence?  If all those terms are not met it's not truly valid scientific evidence.
الاسلام هو شيطانية