Author Topic: Best jobs for the future based on current conditions?  (Read 34800 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Best jobs for the future based on current conditions?
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2009, 07:35:10 AM »
I did mention that whilst not the best, with the right qualifications you will always find decent (not great) work in the TEFL industry.

I agree with you about Judy.

I saw your earlier post about the TEFL and I made a note of it.  I will keep it in mind and pass it on to my bilingual friends and family.  Gracias!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2009, 08:13:45 AM »
{giggle} Megalomania is a luxury I cannot afford.
I'm about to awarded a Nobel prize in medicine, ...and I have an acceptance speech to write.  ;)

Seems like I struck a raw nerve with my article. 

paulsed1

• Getbig II
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2009, 04:42:54 PM »
IT..wide area networking...
regardless of what else happens..the internet is only gonna get bigger...its only a matter of time before your toaster oven and fridge have an IP address so you can log in remotely and start cooking your meal at homebefore u leave work
http://tcpmag.com/salarysurveys/article.asp?EditorialsID=257   
here in the DC area avg salary with a clerance is over 100k
you can take a ccie anywhere on the planet and companies will basically kiss your ass to sign you on board

Thanks for the info.  I think I might be looking into IT, although I don't have much of a background in it, so I'll need to create a path for myself.  It sounds like the ccie has a pretty low pass rate.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2009, 06:23:50 PM »
I'm about to awarded a Nobel prize in medicine, ...and I have an acceptance speech to write.  ;)

Well, you did claim to have a higher IQ than Einstein. What will you be awarded it for? Fleecing others out of their hard earned dollars with your sham product?  ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2009, 04:36:19 AM »
Well, you did claim to have a higher IQ than Einstein. What will you be awarded it for? Fleecing others out of their hard earned dollars with your sham product?  ???

Its all part of the mind control of MLM and the cult like following is garners from its followers.  I went to a few meetings at the request of some friends to check it out.  It met all the criteria of a cult, a scam, and gimmick to rip people off.   

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2009, 06:45:02 AM »
I know four people who got ripped off by your industry, a while after they had tried to get me involved using your exact same tactics.  I'd say they have a very accurate perspective on things.

Four People?  That's it? ??? I know a heckuva lot more people who have been ripped off by this industry than you.
At the same time, I know a heckuva lot of people whose lives have been vastly blessed & enriched by this industry.

It is an industry like any other wherein both good & bad resides, ...like banking, Wall Street or anything else.
When the possibility exists to make large amounts of money, ...it attracts all types, ...both good & bad.

The key is to identify the good, credible companies and viable opportunities that exist, which are many,
and to identify and avoid those that are not... kind of like people. Associate with good people, avoid crooks.

You can't simply say an entire industry is no good. That does nothing to educate the consumer, or teach them how to protect themselves. It's in my opinion the equivalent of locking yourself behind closed doors never daring to venture outside because there are bad people in the world, as opposed to educating yourself and acting wisely.

If you really want to help or assist your fellow man, don't throw roadblocks & obstacles in their path to understanding. These are serious times, and people are losing their jobs, their homes, their pensions, 401K's, savings etc., Many are desperate to recoup their losses. If you think many of these people will not turn to direct sales, MLM and network marketing simply because you disparage it, you're not being very realistic. If you really want to be of service to your fellow human being, don't oppose those who seek to educate them about what constitutes a viable opportunity, otherwise you just make them more vulnerable to the mercy of the real con artists, ponzis and pyramid schemers out there, ...and there are many.

Thankfully, many in the media are finally starting to demonstrate more responsibility in their reporting.

Direct sales (like Avon, Mary Kay)
offer recession-proof jobs

By Charisse Jones, USA TODAY

Not long ago, Craig Lapp made his living driving a truck that helped carve Southern California's soil into new developments. But then housing sales slumped, and in November 2007 Lapp's construction company let him go.

While he searched for another job, Lapp began working alongside his wife, Lynne, in a business based in their Temecula home, selling nutritional supplements made by the direct-sales company Isagenix. Nearly two years later and with no construction job in sight, Lapp says a one-time sideline has become the couple's bread and butter...

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2009-05-13-direct-sales-jobs-recession-unemployment_N.htm
w

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2009, 06:50:17 AM »
Four People?  That's it? ??? I know a heckuva lot more people who have been ripped off by this industry than you.
At the same time, I know a heckuva lot of people whose lives have been vastly blessed & enriched by this industry.

I know...none.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2009, 06:53:35 AM »

Well, you did claim to have a higher IQ than Einstein. What will you be awarded it for?

Sheesh, like there already aren't enough loudmouth illiterate punks in the world!  ::)
w

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2009, 06:57:21 AM »

Sheesh, like there already aren't enough loudmouth illiterate punks in the world!  ::)

I stopped reading your post at "Nobel Prize" as I knew you were lying through your teeth again and that the rest of your post would not be worth reading.

Einstein = 160 IQ = One of the greatest physicists ever
Jaguar Enterprises = 160+ IQ = One of the greatest fleecers ever (also works with convicted criminals)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2009, 07:48:22 AM »
I know...none.

I suspected that's part of where some of your hostility towards this industry comes from.

Let me assure you, there are many. My friend Bill recently co-wrote a book along with Jack Canfield & Mark Victor Hansen entitled "Chicken Soup For The Network Marketer's Soul" wherein he profiles many of them.

It's a great book. It's not a recruiting book, or a preaching book etc., it's just a series of short stories involving mlm'ers, both past & present. Real people, sharing real stories about their lives, their struggles, their adventures, ups, downs, ...and some of the life lessons they've learned on their journey through MLM, ...and how those lessons have gone on to impact their lives both in and out of MLM, ...and you don't have to be a network marketer to appreciate it. When Bill & MaryAnn first published it, we thought it would be a great inspirational book for our downlines, ...but when we read it, we realized this was a heart warming book that everyone could identify with. I can't even begin to tell you how many people both in and out of MLM got a copy of this as a stocking stuffer.

Anyone who wants to get a better understanding of network marketers or network marketing, or if you just want to enjoy a good heartwarming read, I highly recommend it. Chicken Soup for the Soul is a great name, because it really is.
w

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2009, 08:00:01 AM »
I stopped reading your post at "Nobel Prize" as I knew you were lying through your teeth again and that the rest of your post would not be worth reading.

Einstein = 160 IQ = One of the greatest physicists ever
Jaguar Enterprises = 160+ IQ = One of the greatest fleecers ever (also works with convicted criminals)

On getbig, if you tell a lie often enough, it becomes the truth...
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2009, 08:04:07 AM »
I suspected that's part of where some of your hostility towards this industry comes from.

Let me assure you, there are many. My friend Bill recently co-wrote a book along with Jack Canfield & Mark Victor Hansen entitled "Chicken Soup For The Network Marketer's Soul" wherein he profiles many of them.

It's a great book. It's not a recruiting book, or a preaching book etc., it's just a series of short stories involving mlm'ers, both past & present. Real people, sharing real stories about their lives, their struggles, their adventures, ups, downs, ...and some of the life lessons they've learned on their journey through MLM, ...and how those lessons have gone on to impact their lives both in and out of MLM, ...and you don't have to be a network marketer to appreciate it. When Bill & MaryAnn first published it, we thought it would be a great inspirational book for our downlines, ...but when we read it, we realized this was a heart warming book that everyone could identify with. I can't even begin to tell you how many people both in and out of MLM got a copy of this as a stocking stuffer.

Anyone who wants to get a better understanding of network marketers or network marketing, or if you just want to enjoy a good heartwarming read, I highly recommend it. Chicken Soup for the Soul is a great name, because it really is.

Thanks, but I do not know the author or any of these "real people" in the book.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2009, 08:04:51 AM »
On getbig, if you tell a lie often enough, it becomes the truth...

That's happens outside of getbig too! 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2009, 08:10:25 AM »
That's happens outside of getbig too! 

Especially on getbig.
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2009, 08:11:44 AM »
Especially on getbig.

MLM is nothing but a scam to get people (usually family members and friends) to buy overpriced products to fund a pyramid scheme of profits to the founder of the scam itself. 

The rest is just nonsense.   

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2009, 08:18:42 AM »
MLM is nothing but a scam to get people (usually family members and friends) to buy overpriced products to fund a pyramid scheme of profits to the founder of the scam itself. 

The rest is just nonsense.   

I know. I don't think you were here but the dead giveaway was when Judy claimed to have a 160+ IQ. Then, you just knew...
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2009, 08:21:48 AM »
I know. I don't think you were here but the dead giveaway was when Judy claimed to have a 160+ IQ. Then, you just knew...

Anyone with a 160 IQ is smart enough to know MLM is nothing but a scam. 

They probably staged some phoney IQ test in her monthly MLM meeting she has to attend and convinced her she is a genius.  This was probably used as validation for her choosing MLM and the overpriced products they are pushing on family and friends.   

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2009, 08:25:15 AM »
Anyone with a 160 IQ is smart enough to know MLM is nothing but a scam. 

They probably staged some phoney IQ test in her monthly MLM meeting she has to attend and convinced her she is a genius.  This was probably used as validation for her choosing MLM and the overpriced products they are pushing on family and friends.   

160+ is beyond what the greatest minds of the 20th century had, yet we are to believe this lady is smarter than Einstein, Watson and Cricks, Oppenheimer, etc...and sells junk over the internet and posts on getbig? VERY unlikely. The think about Judy is that she REALLY believes it and really IS megalomaniacal.
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2009, 08:28:15 AM »
160+ is beyond what the greatest minds of the 20th century had, yet we are to believe this lady is smarter than Einstein, Watson and Cricks, Oppenheimer, etc...and sells junk over the internet and posts on getbig? VERY unlikely. The think about Judy is that she REALLY believes it and really IS megalomaniacal.

Its almost pathetic.  I went to three of those meetings and thought I was in a cult meeting.  I told my buddy if he ever intended on having an ounce of dignity and respect from his friends, he would run away from this garbage.

The problem is that it is based on selling mostly unknown products to yourself and family and friends. 

When those people realize you are ripping them off, you have a serious problem, all for the allure of making possible a few hundred dollars month. 

Its truly a suckers' game.   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2009, 08:46:55 AM »
Thanks, but I do not know the author or any of these "real people" in the book.

Jack Canfield: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Canfield

Mark Victor Hansen: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Hansen

I'll send you a link to Bill's bio in PM

As for the people profiled in the book, I don't know all of them, but I do know a few of them personally, and can verify their stories are accurate. In the case of one particular individual profiled, they wrote about an incident that took place, and I was actually there at the time... I think I might even have pictures of it. I can send you that through pm as well.  :)

Brief Bio

Internationally known speakers Mark Victor Hansen and Jack Canfield knew the power of a good story long before Chicken Soup for the Soul was published. Each had built their speaking careers by telling inspirational, motivational and uplifting stories that their audiences could use to discover, experience and retain key concepts and approaches. After years of continuous audience requests that they put their stories into book form, Hansen & Canfield finally agreed. Rather than focusing only on their stories, they decided to reach out to others and seek contributions of powerful tales of ordinary people doing extraordinary things. After rounding up the 101 most inspirational submissions, they were left with an untitled book they both knew had the potential to make quite an impact.

As they searched for a winning title, Jack & Mark each agreed to meditate on the subject for one hour a day. Jack visualized the image of his grandmother’s Chicken Soup for the Soul and remembered how she told him it would cure anything. The book would have the same healing powers as that soup, but not for the body—for the soul. Thus, the now famous title was born…Chicken Soup for the Soul.

Chicken Soup for the Soul was released on June 28, 1993, and became a holiday favorite by the end of December. What drove initial interest was not media attention or celebrity endorsement, but rather word-of-mouth promotion from ordinary people around the country who bought the book and loved it. Many would return to the bookstore to buy five or ten copies for friends and family. Thanks to that groundswell of popularity, by September of 1994, Chicken Soup for the Soul was on every major bestseller list in the U.S. and Canada. Although the media may not have led the charge, they soon caught on. Chicken Soup for the Soul received coverage from just about every major media outlet in the country, including “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” “The Today Show,” “Larry King Live” and thousands of others. The series quickly became a pop culture phenomenon, receiving mentions on television programs like “Friends,” “The Sopranos,” “Everybody Loves Raymond,” plus several movies.

It did not take long for the series to start racking up industry awards and recognition. In 1995, Chicken Soup for the Soul won the prestigious ABBY Award (American Booksellers’ Book of the Year), followed in 1996 by the American Family Institute’s “Non-Fiction Literary Award.” In 1998, Chicken Soup for the Soul for the Kid’s Soul was voted “Favorite Book of the Year” for Nickelodeon’s Kid’s Choice Awards. That same year Chicken Soup for the Soul set a record for having seven books on the New York Times bestseller list at one time.

Fifteen years after it began, Chicken Soup for the Soul means more to people than just books. According to Harris Polls, 88.7 percent of the public not only recognizes the Chicken Soup for the Soul brand, but knows what it is. With more than 112 million books sold to date, almost 200 titles in print and translations into more than 40 languages, Chicken Soup for the Soul is one of the world’s best-known phrases.

http://books.google.com/books?as_auth=Mark+Victor+Hansen&source=an&ei=978WSorGKJXIM9v7rK8I&sa=X&oi=book_group&ct=title&cad=author-navigational&resnum=4
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2009, 08:49:56 AM »

As for the people profiled in the book, I don't know all of them, but I do know a few of them personally, and can verify their stories are accurate. In the case of one particular individual profiled, they wrote about an incident that took place, and I was actually there at the time... I think I might even have pictures of it. I can send you that through pm as well.  :)

Brief Bio

Internationally known speakers Mark Victor Hansen and Jack Canfield knew the power of a good story long before Chicken Soup for the Soul was published. Each had built their speaking careers by telling inspirational, motivational and uplifting stories that their audiences could use to discover, experience and retain key concepts and approaches. After years of continuous audience requests that they put their stories into book form, Hansen & Canfield finally agreed. Rather than focusing only on their stories, they decided to reach out to others and seek contributions of powerful tales of ordinary people doing extraordinary things. After rounding up the 101 most inspirational submissions, they were left with an untitled book they both knew had the potential to make quite an impact.

As they searched for a winning title, Jack & Mark each agreed to meditate on the subject for one hour a day. Jack visualized the image of his grandmother’s Chicken Soup for the Soul and remembered how she told him it would cure anything. The book would have the same healing powers as that soup, but not for the body—for the soul. Thus, the now famous title was born…Chicken Soup for the Soul.

Chicken Soup for the Soul was released on June 28, 1993, and became a holiday favorite by the end of December. What drove initial interest was not media attention or celebrity endorsement, but rather word-of-mouth promotion from ordinary people around the country who bought the book and loved it. Many would return to the bookstore to buy five or ten copies for friends and family. Thanks to that groundswell of popularity, by September of 1994, Chicken Soup for the Soul was on every major bestseller list in the U.S. and Canada. Although the media may not have led the charge, they soon caught on. Chicken Soup for the Soul received coverage from just about every major media outlet in the country, including “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” “The Today Show,” “Larry King Live” and thousands of others. The series quickly became a pop culture phenomenon, receiving mentions on television programs like “Friends,” “The Sopranos,” “Everybody Loves Raymond,” plus several movies.

It did not take long for the series to start racking up industry awards and recognition. In 1995, Chicken Soup for the Soul won the prestigious ABBY Award (American Booksellers’ Book of the Year), followed in 1996 by the American Family Institute’s “Non-Fiction Literary Award.” In 1998, Chicken Soup for the Soul for the Kid’s Soul was voted “Favorite Book of the Year” for Nickelodeon’s Kid’s Choice Awards. That same year Chicken Soup for the Soul set a record for having seven books on the New York Times bestseller list at one time.

Fifteen years after it began, Chicken Soup for the Soul means more to people than just books. According to Harris Polls, 88.7 percent of the public not only recognizes the Chicken Soup for the Soul brand, but knows what it is. With more than 112 million books sold to date, almost 200 titles in print and translations into more than 40 languages, Chicken Soup for the Soul is one of the world’s best-known phrases.

http://books.google.com/books?as_auth=Mark+Victor+Hansen&source=an&ei=978WSorGKJXIM9v7rK8I&sa=X&oi=book_group&ct=title&cad=author-navigational&resnum=4

They are smarter than you Jag.  They got you to buy the book and will make more $$$ from you knowing you seek validation of MLM.     

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2009, 08:55:44 AM »
They are smarter than you Jag.  They got you to buy the book and will make more $$$ from you knowing you seek validation of MLM.     

Jag never gives up. When you are delusional...you are like the energizer bunny.
I hate the State.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2009, 09:16:09 AM »

She claimed it was over 170 and after getting called out on it by Tapper, she then claimed she was "mistaken" and said it was 160. Someone then pointed out that Einstein had an estimated IQ of 160 and has since avoided the topic every time it comes up. She sure is quick to tell you how smart she is in every thread, though.  ::)

Einstein = 160 IQ = Nobel Prize winner
Jaguar = 160 IQ = Professional con artist

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2009, 09:18:37 AM »
She claimed it was over 170 and after getting called out on it by Tapper, she then claimed she was "mistaken" and said it was 160. Someone then pointed out that Einstein had an estimated IQ of 160 and has since avoided the topic every time it comes up. She sure is quick to tell you how smart she is in every thread, though.  ::)
Einstein = 160 IQ = Nobel Prize winner
Jaguar = 160 IQ = Professional con artist

She believes it so it might as well be true for her.
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2009, 10:12:22 AM »

No, I still don't know them, even if I read about them on the Internet.  And this is exactly how the people I do know got ripped off by this industry, spending money on books like this. 

They were asked to pay for their own training and marketing materials, to buy a significant amount of inventory, and to pay to go listen to motivational speakers make exaggerated income and success claims about this industry.