Author Topic: Billionaire No More: Patagonia Founder Gives Away the Company  (Read 2288 times)

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
Re: Billionaire No More: Patagonia Founder Gives Away the Company
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2022, 03:08:45 PM »
Only on Getbig can a successful businessman who is also a well-known selfless philanthropist give away his hard and honestly earned fortune to what he believes is a good cause and be ridiculed for doing so. If instead he bought Mar-a-Lago and turned it into a private exclusive club 'only for the filthy rich' or built a New York skyrise like Trump towers wherein he gaudily decorated his $100 million penthouse in gold-leaf for his personal use, he'd be lauded on Getbig for his extravagant, conspicuous consumption and selfishness.

Trump Towers penthouse

Room in Mar-a-Lago

Patagonia headquarters in Ventura, Ca

Yvon Chouinard's at home in Jackson Hole, Wy

Shut up already you imbecile. Go bother the 10 people you live with.
T

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2022, 03:41:07 PM »
Trump tower penthouse looks like absolute shit! No taste whatsoever

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2022, 06:38:31 PM »
Shut up already you imbecile. Go bother the 10 people you live with.

It figures that you can't count. There are 5 other people living here all of them immediate family. Don't be jealous just because you can't get anyone stupid enough to tolerate you for 5 minutes much less live with you.   

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2022, 06:41:14 PM »
Trump tower penthouse looks like absolute shit! No taste whatsoever

Can you even start to imagine the glare coming off all the gold leaf? It is probably enough to blind someone. Maybe he hands out sunglasses to his guests.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2022, 07:01:25 PM »
Only on Getbig can a successful businessman who is also a well-known selfless philanthropist give away his hard and honestly earned fortune to what he believes is a good cause and be ridiculed for doing so. If instead he bought Mar-a-Lago and turned it into a private exclusive club 'only for the filthy rich' or built a New York skyrise like Trump towers wherein he gaudily decorated his $100 million penthouse in gold-leaf for his personal use, he'd be lauded on Getbig for his extravagant, conspicuous consumption and selfishness.

Trump Towers penthouse

Room in Mar-a-Lago

Patagonia headquarters in Ventura, Ca

Yvon Chouinard's at home in Jackson Hole, Wy

Only on Getbig will Prime preach the virtues of a billionaire who “never wanted to be a billionaire” and then use his philanthropic giving as a way to bash Trump.

Prime do you know how hard it is to be a billionaire, it’s much easier to not become one than it is to actually devote your life to becoming one.

Your hero is a liar.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2022, 07:05:30 PM »
Only on Getbig will Prime preach the virtues of a billionaire who “never wanted to be a billionaire” and then use his philanthropic giving as a way to bash Trump.

Prime do you know how hard it is to be a billionaire, it’s much easier to not become one than it is to actually devote your life to becoming one.

Your hero is a liar.

The TDS is still very strong with old man Prime.

Instead of putting up an actual defense.

Changes subject.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2022, 12:30:42 AM »
I can't deny, I actually love the décor of Trump's apartments. I'm all about chandeliers and ornate decorations at my place.

Sissysquats

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2022, 02:49:06 AM »
Even giving so much away the guy still has fuq you money

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2022, 03:10:11 AM »
Does anyone know if he is also selling the Subaru? I have a black friend that wants to buy it, so he can go camping with his wife, 3 kids and golden retriever during his two weeks paid vacation from his corporate job

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2022, 04:24:30 AM »
Does anyone know if he is also selling the Subaru? I have a black friend that wants to buy it, so he can go camping with his wife, 3 kids and golden retriever during his two weeks paid vacation from his corporate job

LMFAO    :D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2022, 04:48:15 AM »
So where did the money ultimately go? Maybe he's a good dude. It's curious he's not being charitable without press coverage, but I can't draw any conclusions without knowing what he funded.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2022, 01:26:09 PM »
Primecocksucker getting slapped around in this thread per usual.
T

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2022, 01:47:28 PM »

Your hero is a liar.

Having never been a billionaire, I haven't a clue how hard that is to achieve. Staying afloat seems hard enough.

Perhaps he is a liar. Yvon Chouinard's decision may be more about making amends since at his age he realizes he is nearing the end of his life. There plenty of criticism about his 'donating' the wealth he's accumulated over his lifetime and not just on Getbig.

Am I bashing Trump? Nope. Just drawing a comparison between two people with an excess of monetary wealth who appear to be total opposites. Being a billionaire and living 'small' is not a virtue, it is a choice. Philanthropy is also a choice and there is virtue in it as well.

I do find Trump's concept of charity unique, but maybe, unfortunately it isn't. If you're interested in knowing more, read about the Donald J. Trump foundation.

I doubt Trump minds people 'admiring' he conspicuous consumption. Isn't that the whole point of owning golden palaces like Trump Tower and Mar-a-Lago?

My parents enjoyed putting on a show of wealth despite their not having it. What they had was tons of debt and very little if anything in the bank. No doubt their fakery influenced my thoughts about what constitutes wealth. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2022, 01:53:34 PM »
So where did the money ultimately go? Maybe he's a good dude. It's curious he's not being charitable without press coverage, but I can't draw any conclusions without knowing what he funded.

I believe his intention is the trust will help fight climate change and preserve a quality environment for future generations. -A noble and perhaps futile endeavor.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2022, 01:59:38 PM »
Even giving so much away the guy still has fuq you money

Yvon Chouinard's net worth is $1.2 billion. As best as I can tell, he's not giving that up, just all Patagonia's future profits. His two grown children will continue to draw an income. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2022, 02:07:45 PM »
Trump's golden palace is modest by Getbigger standards.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2022, 02:12:32 PM »
Trump's golden palace is modest by Getbigger standards.

This verifies my not adhering to Getbigger standards.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2022, 04:35:03 PM »
I believe his intention is the trust will help fight climate change and preserve a quality environment for future generations. -A noble and perhaps futile endeavor.

It's in fashion, so understandable. I would have gone with feeding starving kids and addressing easily preventable diseases in third world settings, which has less of a M's Vineyard vibe, but it's his dough.

He's going to need to sell a whole shit ton of fleece pullovers to convince China and India to curtail their national industries tho.