Author Topic: STAR WARS - Rogue One: A STAR WARS Story (Official Thread)  (Read 56886 times)

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
Re: STAR WARS - Rogue One: A STAR WARS Story (Official Thread)
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2016, 08:54:34 PM »
The force awakens 3D movie comes out tomorrow...
For any get bigger that has a 3D TV / blue ray player.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2016, 09:41:52 PM »
For all of those who look forward to see Vader again (as I do), here comes a major spoiler:

Vader is getting his ass kicked by Jyn in the movie. Yes, you heard right. Lord Vader gets his ass whooped by her big time during a fight. How is that even possible? Well, he isn't very much used to his new prosthetic limbs yet, so that's how the writers try to justify this crap. The person in the bacta tank is also Vader/Anakin, recovering from his injuries, which are the reason for getting new prosthetics.

The Star Wars franchise is doomed...  :'(

I'm sorry, dude. Absolutely nothing you said is true.

Not used to his prosthetic limbs?

At this point, he has had them for almost twenty years. This movie takes place just before A New Hope.

He has been cyborg for a long, long time.

Also, Jyn does nothing to him.

By the way, people saying (and complaining) that he will be in the film for like ten minutes are correct.

However, the complaining makes no sense.

Why? Simple.

He was in A New Hope for only ten to eleven minutes. The exact time escapes me, but it is truth.

moonwatcher

• Getbig II
« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2016, 09:55:21 PM »
I'm sorry, dude. Absolutely nothing you said is true.

Not used to his prosthetic limbs?

At this point, he has had them for almost twenty years. This movie takes place just before A New Hope.

He has been cyborg for a long, long time.

Also, Jyn does nothing to him.

By the way, people saying (and complaining) that he will be in the film for like ten minutes are correct.

However, the complaining makes no sense.

Why? Simple.

He was in A New Hope for only ten to eleven minutes. The exact time escapes me, but it is truth.

Hmm, are you sure about me not being correct? I mean dead-sure? You heard otherwise? Serious question.

I am used to Vader and his story. I know how, when and why he got his (original) cyborg limbs. From what I have heard, he has to get some of his limbs replaced in the Rogue One movie because of new serious injuries. I heard it from - in my perception - a very reliable source. I hope the source is wrong though, because I don't want to see Vader getting his ass kicked by Jyn.

Still, I don't hang my hopes too high.

I also heard that Vader will have not much actual screen time.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2016, 04:19:41 AM »
Hmm, are you sure about me not being correct? I mean dead-sure? You heard otherwise? Serious question.

I am used to Vader and his story. I know how, when and why he got his (original) cyborg limbs. From what I have heard, he has to get some of his limbs replaced in the Rogue One movie because of new serious injuries. I heard it from - in my perception - a very reliable source. I hope the source is wrong though, because I don't want to see Vader getting his ass kicked by Jyn.

Still, I don't hang my hopes too high.

Rouge One is right before A New Hope (IV).
Luke Skywalker is at least 18 in A New Hope (IV).

Luke was being born at the end of Revenge of the Sith (III).
Darth Vader was "created" at the end of Revenge of the Sith (III).

If he isn't used to his prosthetic limbs by Rouge One, he'd pretty much be an autistic robot machine. 
a

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2016, 12:01:35 PM »
The suit provided life-support systems and gave Vader relatively free movement without having to use a hoverchair.

It was damaged or broken several times during its use, necessitating upgrades and repairs.

Before Mustafar Anakin had the potential to be twice as powerful as Palpatine, but afterwards he'd only max out at about 80% of Palpatine's strength.

Palpatine engineered the suit to hamper Vader's abilities as well, just as a precaution.

Source: Giorgio Lukakis.
Q

Simple Simon

« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2016, 01:12:12 PM »
Grown men ......FFS

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2016, 02:41:07 AM »
Okay, maybe I expressed myself incorrectly.
Darth Vader gets his original prosthetic limbs at the end of ROTS. We all know that.

What I wanted to say is that he has to get some of his original prosthetics replaced due to heavy injuries and damages, which occured briefly before the time of Rogue One or probably even during it. His new prosthetics cause quite some serious problems for Vader and that's why he can't beat Jyn in a fight/battle.

If he confronts Jyn with his original prosthetics, which he is already very much used to since his "creation" at the end of ROTS, he would most likely beat Jyn easily and the writers of Rogue One could never get away with Jyn beating up Vader's ass. With Vader being not used to newly attached prosthestics, the writers seemed to have found a solution to this problem.

I don't like this solution. And I don't like the whole idea of Vader losing a fight against Jyn. But I myself would actually bet some money on Vader clearly losing the fight against Jyn. Sad, but true.  :'(

Pretty sure Vader is going to put his prosthetic cock in Jyn.

He will jiz oil
a

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #157 on: November 16, 2016, 09:06:46 AM »
DAMN!!! You guys know this STAR WARS stuff pretty damn well.

All I can recall is the very first scene in the very first episode where the very first spaceship passes overhead for the very first time!

It appeared limitless and the whole theater seemed mesmerized!

And I should know more  because I was on  the set where they filmed some of the major battle scenes, but that overhead shot of that spaceship impressed me the most for some unknown reason.

Did any of you Star Wars whiz-kids ever see a SW scene in which a left footed sneaker was used as a 'stand-in' for a space ship in the remote background?

Or is that simply an old-wives tale?

OH yea! I saw a preview of the next episode and was totally un-impressed.

And the movie I did see after that Prevue was THE ARRIVAL which STUNK!

Are any of you GetBiggers knowledgeable about Alan Ladd's son's involvement in the first production of SW? There are ome interesting stories behind getting that first one on the screen.

And ... Go see HACKSAW RIDGE.

moonwatcher

• Getbig II
« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2016, 09:21:23 AM »
Did any of you Star Wars whiz-kids ever see a SW scene in which a left footed sneaker was used as a 'stand-in' for a space ship in the remote background?

According to Ken Ralston,Visual Effects artist on Return of the Jedi, it is not an old-wife's tale:

"I was always trying to stick stuff into shots,” Ralston laughs. “JEDI has my tennis shoes and also a yogurt container as part of the ships in the background! Who would know? It’s like there’s all this stuff going on – and I thought, ‘Hey, it’d be fun.’ It was my way of just saying, ‘See what you can get away with?’ Some people noodle this stuff so much, fretting about it, but it’s like, you know, you can’t tell what this stuff is – just stick it out there!”

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2016, 09:26:55 AM »

Yeah, Ralston didn't even stop there at sneakers and yogurtcontainers as he also placed a bunnysuit strategically in Jabba's Palace.

You'll see it if you pause and zoom in when Boba gives tribute to Luke.
Q

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2016, 01:05:39 PM »
KWON , MOON, Your posts are actually the first time I have seen any sort of confirmation about the stuff in the 'background'.

I lived within the Lucas neighborhood (close to Lucas Valley in San Rafael, California which was named Lucas Valley before George Lucas even set up camp there) ... while most of the  original SFX filming was going on and once in a while you'd hear rumors in town about some of the shenanigans that went into the production of the Star Wars saga.

Then the company moved over to the Presideo area which is on the San Francisco Bay by the Golden Gate Bridge .... one of the most prestigious properties in the SF Bay Area.

Never went inside the complex but I understand that a lot of the filming is still underway there for Industrial Light and Magic.

I got out of the info loop when Disney took over.

moonwatcher

• Getbig II
« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2016, 03:15:47 PM »

Thanks for the tip. Will do as soon as it's available on Blu-ray.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2016, 03:21:41 PM »
Welcome, MOON! You will like it.

Strange thing here .... Hacksaw Ridge is located on Okinawa. I was stationed on Oki for two tours, but for some strange reason I never heard of Hacksaw Ridge until they started publicizing the movie.

If I ever go back, Hacksaw Ridge is one of the first places I'll visit.

An amazing part of WWII and an even amazing HERO!

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2016, 06:48:18 PM »

Yes, I am positive. Vader is not injured in this film.

The strong rumors are about ten minutes total time.

But remember, if you add up his total screen time in A New Hope, it is somewhere between ten and twelve minutes total.

Also, that is not a bacta tank.

Many believed it was.

Many believed that Snoke was in it. Then it was believed Vader was in it.

But it is not a bacta tank.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2016, 06:53:34 PM »

There is a sneaker in the final battle in Return of the Jedi.

There is an actual potato in the asteroid field in The Empire Strikes Back.

Are any of you GetBiggers knowledgeable about Alan Ladd's son's involvement in the first production of SW? There are ome interesting stories behind getting that first one on the screen.

The story is that he was able to help Lucas get the meeting with 20th Century Fox.

A bunch of studios had already turned down Lucas. Some of the reasons were hilarious.

1. Star Trek is off the air.
2. Lost in Space is off the air.
3. Nobody understood 2001: A Space Odyssey.

True story.

moonwatcher

• Getbig II
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2016, 06:54:49 PM »
Yes, I am positive. Vader is not injured in this film.

Desolate, I hope you are right and what I heard is simply not true.

Seriously, it would be so nice not to see Vader as a (even more) handicapped Sith-Lord.

moonwatcher

• Getbig II
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2016, 07:17:15 PM »

The strong rumors are about ten minutes total time.

But remember, if you add up his total screen time in A New Hope, it is somewhere between ten and twelve minutes total.

Then ten minutes of actual screen time would be quite something I guess. I'm very fine and many other fans would be also in my opinion if Vader actually got as much screentime as in A New Hope. I would not be fine with him being handicapped by new injuries, no matter how much they would show of him then. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2016, 07:22:06 PM »
DAMN!!! You guys know this STAR WARS stuff pretty damn well.

All I can recall is the very first scene in the very first episode where the very first spaceship passes overhead for the very first time!

It appeared limitless and the whole theater seemed mesmerized!

And I should know more  because I was on  the set where they filmed some of the major battle scenes, but that overhead shot of that spaceship impressed me the most for some unknown reason.

OH yea! I saw a preview of the next episode and was totally un-impressed.

And the movie I did see after that Prevue was THE ARRIVAL which STUNK!

I have a dear friend that worked for Lucas and is still a voice actor.  He may know a great many stories, but I don't ask him about that stuff so outside of what he tells me, I have no clue.  He has been in several LucasFilm productions.  We have known one another for over 40 years now. 

Alan Ladd was a very tiny man, you know.  I believe it when they said his leading ladies sometimes had to walk in a trench next to him to keep him from being dwarfed by them. 

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2016, 07:24:07 PM »
Supposedly a really nice guy though.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2016, 08:12:00 AM »
I know someone who sometimes sets up sound equipment for meetings at Pinewood studios where this is being filmed. Ill ask him if hes heard anything.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2016, 08:31:47 AM »
Alan Ladd was a very tiny man, you know.  I believe it when they said his leading ladies sometimes had to walk in a trench next to him to keep him from being dwarfed by them. 

Alan Ladd's SON helped with SW; not Alan Ladd.
Q

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2016, 08:51:21 AM »
Although I was never on a set with Alan Ladd, it was known that he stood on a box while filming close ups with his leading ladies.

And somewhat related to this subject ....... Anyone who works on a major movie production has to sign a non-disclosure form/contract promising that they will not disclose any part of the production nor any part of that production's  script.

So in most cases if you hear anything about a forthcoming movie .... it just might be a rumor ... unless the production company releases it for advertising purposes.

Here's a non-related question ...... Who was Carl Switzer? And how come there has never a movie made about his life?

NO FAIR GOOGLING HIM! YOU EITHER KNOW WHO HE  IS OR DO NOT!

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2016, 09:02:34 AM »
I was also wondering...If Han Solo in the new movie will have a small head? Will Obi have white or grey hair?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2016, 09:32:10 AM »
Darth Vader was originally a Hebrew.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2016, 10:06:44 AM »
Darth Vader was originally a Hebrew.

Only his voice :D
Q