Author Topic: Ragnarok on Netflix  (Read 8824 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
Re: Ragnarok on Netflix
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2021, 10:32:24 AM »
Yes there are some woke-ish sub-sub-elements but it’s not a central component of the show.  E.g. the Loki kid is bi or something but they don’t make a big deal about it. 

Would pound out Ran.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2021, 06:05:16 AM »
It's not a diverse show. There's maybe 2-3 people of color in the entire series, but they're not lead characters for the most part. Even so, the people of color do a GREAT job. I think one is from Zimbabwe and another is actually Norwegian.

The show is very NORDIC. The main actors are all Norwegian with the exception of 1 that is from Iceland (still Nordic). If you go through the cast of the show, 99% are Norwegian. I really enjoy shows like this, because they give you a fresh group of faces/actors that aren't gift wrapped from Hollywood. I also enjoy other shows with a dystopian feel to them that take place in places like Germany.

"1"

Watched first episode.  It's like a goddamn Ikea

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
Re: Ragnarok on Netfli
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2021, 12:04:10 PM »
Yes there are some woke-ish sub-sub-elements but it’s not a central component of the show.  E.g. the Loki kid is bi or something but they don’t make a big deal about it. 

Would pound out Ran.
I thought it was nice when that mentioned Ran outed his daughter by
: ” I think a man should be in charge.”

Loki did give birth in original Edda poems so... But in comics he would appear as a woman to some homofobic, have sex with him and then reveal himself. Just to see this other guy fit a noose around his neck.
But only if it would serve his purpose.

I think it is cool that one might believe him to grow up looking like Tom Hiddleston in Marvels version.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2021, 03:22:25 PM »
Wrapped up season 2. This show just leaves me wanting more.  10 episodes? Fuck that. Give me 20. 

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2021, 03:43:57 PM »
Wrapped up season 2. This show just leaves me wanting more.  10 episodes? Fuck that. Give me 20.

Need Season 3 with 8 Episodes!
Q

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2021, 06:44:00 AM »

x2. Bay likey!

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2021, 09:47:24 AM »

Binge watched Season 2 last night.

Ran looks a lot like my Mom. I sent her an email and asked her when she learned to speak Norwegian ?

LOL

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2021, 10:23:53 AM »
Binge watched Season 2 last night.

Ran looks a lot like my Mom. I sent her an email and asked her when she learned to speak Norwegian ?

LOL

Tell your mom I said, "Helloooooooo...Betty!"
Fear not!  She is probably too young and too smart for such as I.  ;D

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2021, 10:42:04 AM »
Tell your mom I said, "Helloooooooo...Betty!"
Fear not!  She is probably too young and too smart for such as I.  ;D

My Mom is awesome. She is a little bit “softer” looking than Ran. My guess is that they have applied Ran’s makeup to make her jawline more pronounced and give her a fiercer look.

My Mom has taken up downhill mountain biking. Apparently you take a ski lift to the top of a hill and mountain bike down wearing a helmet and padding.

I guess it could be worse ?

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2021, 10:44:48 AM »
My Mom is awesome. She is a little bit “softer” looking than Ran. My guess is that they have applied Ran’s makeup to make her jawline more pronounced and give her a fiercer look.

My Mom has taken up downhill mountain biking. Apparently you take a ski lift to the top of a hill and mountain bike down wearing a helmet and padding.

I guess it could be worse ?

Your mom must be fearless. I've done downhill mountain biking and I saw my life flash before my eyes, lol.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2021, 10:53:44 AM »

Your mom must be fearless. I've done downhill mountain biking and I saw my life flash before my eyes, lol.

I have only seen pictures of her doing it. I have never tried it myself. She lives in Europe near the mountains, but I’m guessing she does it on smaller hills ?

She has padded gear that makes her look like Robocop.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2021, 11:25:52 AM »
I have only seen pictures of her doing it. I have never tried it myself. She lives in Europe near the mountains, but I’m guessing she does it on smaller hills ?

She has padded gear that makes her look like Robocop.

Yes- you have to get geared up or you get pretty banged up when you crash. I first tried it at Steamboat in Colorado and found that the speeds can get wild very fast. In Europe, especially in the Alps, the climbs are often at a steeper pitch so mountain biking is truly daredevil. I'm sure your mom is starting on the gentler slopes to get the hang of it!

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2021, 04:19:35 AM »
Watched season 2.

The continuous woke-ism and gender bending gets obnoxious.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2021, 05:19:25 AM »
Watched season 2.

The continuous woke-ism and gender bending get obnoxious.

Still, series main characters and the premise makes it very very easy to bypass it. Didn't phase me one bit.

Normally i hate (i am one of the biggest opponents of it) Woke-isms and unnecessary insertions of color in todays movies/series but i could easily ignore that due to wanting to see more of Thors evolution, Ran and what's going to happen next etc

Appreciated what was done with Thors physique from Season 1 to Season 2 for example, as i sat there in my Bunnysuit, cock in hand. (No Homer)

Will Baldur , Hel and Ymir emerge as well? :D

Check out the Getbiggers/Beefcakes Modi, Magni and Thrud at the bottom (might need to click pic)

Very intrigued for Season 3!
Q

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2022, 05:15:53 AM »
Word is that Season 3 is on the way… and it will be the final season.  Not sure on the release date so stay tuned.  Meanwhile if you need an immediate fix there is a movie on Amazon Prime called Mortal that offers another take on the mythology.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5715066/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2022, 09:44:37 AM »
I like this show.

Tough question, Saxa or Ran?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2022, 11:18:46 AM »
I like this show.

Tough question, Saxa or Ran?

Raxa!

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2022, 08:44:28 AM »
Word is that Season 3 is on the way… and it will be the final season.  Not sure on the release date so stay tuned.  Meanwhile if you need an immediate fix there is a movie on Amazon Prime called Mortal that offers another take on the mythology.

Good news!!

Btw: Do you guys watch these dubbed in English or with original voices and subtitles?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2022, 10:39:53 AM »
Good news!!

Btw: Do you guys watch these dubbed in English or with original voices and subtitles?

3rd option. Dubbed in English and subtitles  ;D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2022, 11:05:21 AM »

Scale of 1-100, what do you give it?

"1"

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2022, 02:54:31 PM »

"1"

I watched it and it was enjoyable enough to give it a 75. 

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2022, 07:14:52 PM »
I watched it and it was enjoyable enough to give it a 75.

This sounds promising!

"1"

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2022, 08:01:32 PM »
3rd option. Dubbed in English and subtitles  ;D

Ok. Somehow dubbing bothers me a lot so it’s orgininal and subs for me.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2022, 04:50:45 AM »

"1"

As a fan of the genre, I am the target audience and inclined to like them. That said, I think Mortal fell short.  All the ingredients were there but the script disappointed.  The budget was there… sets, costumes, special effects, editing, and production design were all passable.  I liked that it wasn’t a star vehicle and all the actors were new faces to me… but the script ended up going off a cliff in the last 20 minutes…  :'(

I’d give it a 5/10.
By contrast Ragnarock I’d give a 9/10

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2022, 07:02:10 AM »
As a fan of the genre, I am the target audience and inclined to like them. That said, I think Mortal fell short.  All the ingredients were there but the script disappointed.  The budget was there… sets, costumes, special effects, editing, and production design were all passable.  I liked that it wasn’t a star vehicle and all the actors were new faces to me… but the script ended up going off a cliff in the last 20 minutes…  :'(

I’d give it a 5/10.
By contrast Ragnarock I’d give a 9/10

Agree that Ragnarok delivers well.

If I have nothing to watch, will check it out. You give it 5/10, Scott leans towards a 7.5/10, I'll meet it in the middle and assume a likely 6.25/10. Won't bring out the popcorn, but will watch it to kill some time.

"1"