Author Topic: what brought you to this site in the first place ?  (Read 5720 times)

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
Re: what brought you to this site in the first place ?
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2022, 02:24:13 PM »
This board had titties and bb.com had none, mainly dina's and cherri lane's but also and wanting to see jodi's. People used to cool and had personalities, now they're just sad old clint eastwood analog's from gran torino

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2022, 02:31:34 PM »
I heard Bob Chick mention this site on Pro bodybuilding weekly podcast in 2007.  I was on Bodybuilding.com before that. 

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2022, 02:33:30 PM »
I've said this before and I'll always stand by it. Despite so many of us disagreeing with each other on so many things, I think an overwhelming number of us agree that it's critical that platforms like this give us the ability to speak our mind freely.

There's no doubt in my mind and soon "they" will come after platforms like this and shut them down. I think Getbig is unique in that many of us have been around so long, we're used to each others online personalities so even the harshness isn't like a newb who'd be ran off and want to report to the ACLU. I get a unique perspective of how American and European Caucasians truly feel uncut on certain topics and they me and we have to tolerate how we feel about it. Ron's done a decent job and I think we've done a decent job with each other outside of the sparse true nutcases that may pose a real-life threat.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2022, 02:35:27 PM »
This place is a unicorn.

If you can wade through a little bullshit, you will find more real knowledge here than anywhere else in the BBing world.

That's why people hate this place too, because we openly discuss the dark side of this sport.

You did a brilliant job on the steroid forum, I learn so much lurking there. Some hilarious stuff too, who was that dude who talked like he was jacked to the hilt, then posted pics on his flip phone and people just fell about? He was always talking about pussy and how much ass his incredible physique got him, fuck, what was his name?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2022, 02:36:04 PM »
I've said this before and I'll always stand by it. Despite so many of us disagreeing with each other on so many things, I think an overwhelming number of us agree that it's critical that platforms like this give us the ability to speak our mind freely. There's no doubt in my mind and soon "they" will come after platforms like this and shut them down. I think Getbig is unique in that many of us have been around so long, we're used to each others online personalities so even the harshness isn't like a newb who'd be ran off and want to report to the ACLU. I get a unique perspective of how American and European Caucasians truly feel uncut on certain topics and they me and we have to tolerate how we feel about it. Ron's done a decent job and I think we've done a decent job with each other outside of the sparse true nutcase that may pose a real-life threat.
well put wiggy dee williams..

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2022, 02:39:57 PM »
I've said this before and I'll always stand by it. Despite so many of us disagreeing with each other on so many things, I think an overwhelming number of us agree that it's critical that platforms like this give us the ability to speak our mind freely.

There's no doubt in my mind and soon "they" will come after platforms like this and shut them down. I think Getbig is unique in that many of us have been around so long, we're used to each others online personalities so even the harshness isn't like a newb who'd be ran off and want to report to the ACLU. I get a unique perspective of how American and European Caucasians truly feel uncut on certain topics and they me and we have to tolerate how we feel about it. Ron's done a decent job and I think we've done a decent job with each other outside of the sparse true nutcase that may pose a real-life threat.

Nice one Wiggs, really glad you are back posting again. You got some ideas that are interesting to contemplate. All good food for thought.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2022, 02:48:05 PM »
The Blithering Idiot thing was funny ass Hell.

Remember Massive G.?
I do!

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2022, 02:53:27 PM »
When I was new to lifting in 2011 a lot of the bodybuilding related things I googled brought me here, I lurked for a long time.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2022, 02:55:10 PM »
Nice one Wiggs, really glad you are back posting again. You got some ideas that are interesting to contemplate. All good food for thought.

Thank you, believe me, I know how I sound and I know how to appear "normal" to the general public so I can still be taken seriously and keep people's attention and have a respectful reputation.

Anyway, bodybuilding keeps us anchored here. It's still a passion for me and I see alot of upside in this new era. What keeps me engaged is the current state of the world as we watch it change into something many of us didn't see coming and don't like. Even though we're separated by cities, states, countries and continents, we have a common enemy and common ideals on how things should be generally ran. Our rights worldwide have been and continue to be eroded with no end in sight and eventually we won't be able to speak our minds without it affecting our ESG scores or the platform just won't exist. So my goal is to tell the truth no matter how batshit crazy it sounds in hopes that one day when the things come to pass I've been babbling about people here remember and at least know what they're dealing with and act accordingly.  8)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2022, 02:57:25 PM »
Stumbling on Getbig was basically a horrible mistake. One which reminds me of the Rocky Horror Picture Show where an innocent couple seek shelter at the bizarre residence of Dr. Frank-n-Furter's spooky lair of inexhaustible oddities, just in time to partake in the out-of-this-world mad scientist's proud unveiling of his latest, delightfully extravagant, most daring creation: the ultimate male and the perfect sex symbol:

Excessive use of AAS turn Tim Curry into this:

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2022, 03:04:34 PM »
You did a brilliant job on the steroid forum, I learn so much lurking there. Some hilarious stuff too, who was that dude who talked like he was jacked to the hilt, then posted pics on his flip phone and people just fell about? He was always talking about pussy and how much ass his incredible physique got him, fuck, what was his name?

You're not thinking of Pumpster are you?

He talked like he was a walking encyclopedia of training knowledge and the living embodiment of the sandow trophy.
And if I remember he posted on ironage too probably other forums as well.

But he got exposed and never recovered. He was built like a middle aged butch lesbian.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2022, 03:05:01 PM »
IronAge was great, wish it were still around...
   yeah I liked ironage too, but they got all bent of shape when I posted how Ferrigno was suing his own brother over the color of green. ;D
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2022, 03:07:44 PM »
Stumbling on Getbig was basically a horrible mistake. One which reminds me of the Rocky Horror Picture Show where an innocent couple seek shelter at the bizarre residence of Dr. Frank-n-Furter's spooky lair of inexhaustible oddities, just in time to partake in the out-of-this-world mad scientist's proud unveiling of his latest, delightfully extravagant, most daring creation: the ultimate male and the perfect sex symbol:

that's a good analogy and bodybuilding related too.
F

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2022, 03:25:58 PM »

He talked like he was a walking encyclopedia of training knowledge and the living embodiment of the sandow trophy.

But he got exposed and never recovered. He was built like a middle aged butch lesbian.

Haha yes I think that's the guy. Had me laughing my ass off, you gotta love the characters this site attracts.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2022, 03:31:26 PM »

No, I think it's WhiteWidow. Some loser steroid dealer who claimed he benched 500 lbs and was a 'pretty boy', only to then be exposed for having a pockmarked acne face and being full of shit, if my memory serves me right.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2022, 03:34:52 PM »
Thank you, believe me, I know how I sound and I know how to appear "normal" to the general public so I can still be taken seriously and keep people's attention and have a respectful reputation.

Anyway, bodybuilding keeps us anchored here. It's still a passion for me and I see alot of upside in this new era. What keeps me engaged is the current state of the world as we watch it change into something many of us didn't see coming and don't like. Even though we're separated by cities, states, countries and continents, we have a common enemy and common ideals on how things should be generally ran. Our rights worldwide have been and continue to be eroded with no end in sight and eventually we won't be able to speak our minds without it affecting our ESG scores or the platform just won't exist. So my goal is to tell the truth no matter how batshit crazy it sounds in hopes that one day when the things come to pass I've been babbling about people here remember and at least know what they're dealing with and act accordingly.  8)

I think the pandemic woke a lot of people up. Having said that, it alarmed me how many gullible, selfish idiots are out there. I live in UK and thought they were gonna go Orwell 1984 completely and they nearly did. Only cos a small minority held their ground. Scary shit and worries me when they gonna strike again, having learnt their mistakes from the last time.

Anyway, glad I found this place as some great people here.

OAK

• Getbig V
  • "I'm a business GENIUS."
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2022, 03:35:11 PM »
   yeah I liked ironage too, but they got all bent of shape when I posted how Ferrigno was suing his own brother over the color of green. ;D

LOL

I TOTALLY remember this!

😆

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2022, 03:39:37 PM »
No, I think it's WhiteWidow. Some loser steroid dealer who claimed he benched 500 lbs and was a 'pretty boy', only to then be exposed for having a pockmarked acne face and being full of shit, if my memory serves me right.

No, you are right it was WhiteWidow! Ah fuck when he put those pics after all the shit he talked!  You could sense the collective shock at how pants he looked.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2022, 04:26:54 PM »
I was banned from most other forums, I found the last bastion of free speech here.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2022, 04:41:00 PM »

Holy shit, i can't remember his name!

But i do remember those pictures.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2022, 04:58:58 PM »
I used to come to getbig for contest results, pics, etc.  It was years before I even knew a message board existed.  I can remember calling the Highland Park (Michigan) Powerhouse on Sunday mornings to find out who won the Mr. Olympia.  I  remember 1998 vividly.  I was in complete shock when he said Ronnie Coleman won. 

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2022, 05:02:02 PM »

There's no doubt in my mind and soon "they" will come after platforms like this and shut them down. I think Getbig is unique in that many of us have been around so long, we're used to each others online personalities so even the harshness isn't like a newb who'd be ran off and want to report to the ACLU. I get a unique perspective of how American and European Caucasians truly feel uncut on certain topics and they me and we have to tolerate how we feel about it. Ron's done a decent job and I think we've done a decent job with each other outside of the sparse true nutcases that may pose a real-life threat.
there’s like 50 active users here, this is a niche board for a niche subject by the time “they” get to getbig everyone here will be dead for ages.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2022, 06:26:43 PM »
They talked about this board in MD back when I was in college. I think I started lurking around 2003 and finally registered 2005 I think.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2022, 07:54:01 PM »

Good post Wiggs!!

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2022, 08:17:43 PM »
Been here since 2006.

Just stumbled upon it, searching around due to my interest in and love of bodybuilding.

Back when GH-15 posted here, and BayGBM posted regularly, this site was very entertaining.