Author Topic: Art Atwood speaks on the steroid case  (Read 7175 times)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Art Atwood speaks on the steroid case
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2008, 02:15:11 PM »
How do you figure that was a bad deal? He had his sentence cut in half.  You story doesn't prove your point at all about having a good lawyer.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2008, 02:17:25 PM »
Wow.  Someone here actually has taken the time to see the big picture and see things for what they really are.  Good post. I am honestly impressed.

Dont believe everything you hear especially what you read in the papers.  That NY Times reporter was WAY off base and posted a lot of straight up lies and untruths.  Its because of people like him people started yelling rat and informant when the actuality behind things is that bodybuilding, bodybuilders and a lot of friends have been protected at great personal cost.

I am tired of hearing all these so called experts saying this stuff.  There is no backing or proof to these allegations.  No one after all these months can even produce a name of a supposed victim from this, yet people keep talking and talking.. Usually straight out of their ass.

The indictments and charges are a matter of public record.  Look it up yourself and you will see that you all have been misled by haters and people who want something to talk about.  People want you to think that someone is out to get you or ruin bodybuilding and that is simply not the case.  People will believe what they want - no one can do anything about that but I sleep good at night because I know what I have done and more importantly what I have not done.

I just hope people learn from what has happened and dont make the same mistakes.  One second you think you are helping people better themselves and not doing anything wrong because it was only steroids.  The next second you are living a nightmare and people spread rumors about you and turn their backs on you.  Its very hard and trying so I hope people will be safe and not go down the same path I did.  It was not worth it.  Trust me.

Be safe.
Why did you at first deny being busted or having any problems with the law? Remember that thread here on GB? You blamed that promoter for starting a rumor, whatshisname?

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2008, 02:18:57 PM »
Why did you at first deny being busted or having any problems with the law? Remember that thread here on GB? You blamed that promoter for starting a rumor, whatshisname?

Hahahahaha, was this the dude who's girl fuked Lee Thompson?

Cut260

• Getbig II
  • All I have in this world are my balls and my word
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2008, 02:23:00 PM »
Hahahahaha, was this the dude who's girl fuked Lee Thompson?

Wrong again bro.  Lee would only dream of having her.  She never gave him the time of day.  However I am sure there are a lot of other guys girls who are not so fortunate.  Lee never got my girl bro.  Never will either.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2008, 02:27:24 PM »
How do you figure that was a bad deal? He had his sentence cut in half.  You story doesn't prove your point at all about having a good lawyer.

The maximum penalty he could possibly have received was 20 years for the crime they could prove he committed - importation of 300 pounds of oil.  So you have both the importation count and the possession or possession with intent to distribute count.  My understanding is that he basically ruled my city's oil supply for 12-15 years and had no criminal record.  They may have been able to get him for the full 20 years, but with a good lawyer, they could really pick apart some of the prosecution's case and likely get that reduced.  Keep in mind, that no matter what, he was only going to serve 1/6 of whatever he got.  He would not have served more than 40 months (three years + four months) in jail even if he got the maximum penalty.  So why not just serve the time and come back home with a cool million waiting for you?  Instead he served 20 months but left prison with pretty well nothing.

Law enforcement agents routinely rely on people's ignorance of their own civil liberties to make their case.  "Talking will only help."  Yes, talking will only help LEAs.  Your best advice: say nothing.  Shut your trap and let your lawyer do the talking, but ensure that you do have a good lawyer.

As a libertarian, I look at the people who are prosecuting Art to be the criminals, and I want to ensure that criminals get as little help as possible.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2008, 02:30:02 PM »
Matt-seriously, go take a logic class and then get some real world experience then you can have a discussion with the adults.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2008, 02:33:05 PM »
Matt-seriously, go take a logic class and then get some real world experience then you can have a discussion with the adults.

So you wouldn't spend an additional 20 months in jail for one million dollars?

By the way, last I checked I had a degree in math and took numerous courses in logic, predicate calculus, abstract algebra, and many more.  I would appreciate if you gave me something to discuss, rather than wrongly attacking my intelligence.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Cut260

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2008, 02:37:01 PM »

I was open about what happened with me with the steroid thing, but Jay Moore started a rumor that I got busted selling extacy, and Lee Thompson said a lot of really outrageous stuff such as my name is not even David Jacobs, I have cartel ties, I have a huge house in McKinney where my lab is etc.  I was and still am pissed that an IFBB official and NPC Head Chair would get away with saying such lies.  You want to talk about unprofessional.

I did get arrested for a traffic warrant but that was separate from this case.  If you look at the public records you will see when I was indicted I was arrested but that was much after the traffic incident.   People want to get the two mixed together but one has nothing to do with the other.  

The one thing I did that I feel I should have done differently is to have waited until after Branch competed at the NY Pro to tell him about what happened to me.  It was only a matter of a week or something like that between what happened and his show.  I honestly did not want to do or say anything that would cause him any stress or screw up his prep.  That show was a pivotal turning point in his career.  He and Trish told me that if he did not win he was going to retire.  I did not want any part of something that could have potentially caused that to happen.  In hindsight I think it would have been better if I told him right away.  You have to remember at that time I considered him as my own brother and I would never want to do anything to hurt him.  We are no longer friends but that does not mean I wish ill will on him or his family.  I just dont want the lies or false rumors to continue.  I am tired of hearing it and I am tired of sitting here listening and watching people I trusted stab me in the back.

Every man has a point where he reaches and says enough.  I am at that point.

Cut260

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2008, 02:51:34 PM »
So you wouldn't spend an additional 20 months in jail for one million dollars?

By the way, last I checked I had a degree in math and took numerous courses in logic, predicate calculus, abstract algebra, and many more.  I would appreciate if you gave me something to discuss, rather than wrongly attacking my intelligence.

Matt,

The best way to see what potential time a person faces is to look at the charges on the indictment.  Then based upon the charges the federal courts use a point system.  The charge, amount you have, weapons involved, previous criminal history or lack thereof all carry point values.  Then when the points are calculated you are given a zone that says you face a potential sentence of n years.

So lets say you have - 10 points.  No criminal history is a reduction.  Accepting responsibility and pleading guilty is a reduction. etc.  The idea is to hopefully have enough reductions to get you down to as close to 0 as possible.  Then the remaining points give you the sentencing zone you face.  There is a motion filed upon sentencing called a motion for downward departure.  That takes other areas into account such as cooperation (which does not mean informing), community service, military history etc. which can further reduce your potential time to serve.

To the best of my knowledge Art hasnt been indicted yet so any potential charges are not known yet.  When and if that indictment happens only then will anyone know what the situation is.  Until then its all speculation and Art deserves the benefit of the doubt as does anyone wrapped up in this unfortunate situation.

I just have to wonder how many crack, meth and coke dealers slipped through the cracks during all the efforts focused on steroids.  Kinda makes you wonder doesnt it.  I guess Watson and Serono got really pissed at people like me because as you can see all of us who used steroids are such horribly violent threats to society arent we....

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2008, 02:52:40 PM »
I was open about what happened with me with the steroid thing, but Jay Moore started a rumor that I got busted selling extacy, and Lee Thompson said a lot of really outrageous stuff such as my name is not even David Jacobs, I have cartel ties, I have a huge house in McKinney where my lab is etc.  I was and still am pissed that an IFBB official and NPC Head Chair would get away with saying such lies.  You want to talk about unprofessional.

I did get arrested for a traffic warrant but that was separate from this case.  If you look at the public records you will see when I was indicted I was arrested but that was much after the traffic incident.   People want to get the two mixed together but one has nothing to do with the other.  

The one thing I did that I feel I should have done differently is to have waited until after Branch competed at the NY Pro to tell him about what happened to me.  It was only a matter of a week or something like that between what happened and his show.  I honestly did not want to do or say anything that would cause him any stress or screw up his prep.  That show was a pivotal turning point in his career.  He and Trish told me that if he did not win he was going to retire.  I did not want any part of something that could have potentially caused that to happen.  In hindsight I think it would have been better if I told him right away.  You have to remember at that time I considered him as my own brother and I would never want to do anything to hurt him.  We are no longer friends but that does not mean I wish ill will on him or his family.  I just dont want the lies or false rumors to continue.  I am tired of hearing it and I am tired of sitting here listening and watching people I trusted stab me in the back.

Dave, have you ever been to the Collin Creek Mall? Do you have any friends in The Colony? The Golds Gym in Carrolton sucks...fyi.

What does what happened to you have anything to do with Branch?
?

Stavios

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2008, 02:53:01 PM »

That Jay Moore dude sounds like an asshole

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2008, 02:59:02 PM »
Say what you want about Squadfather but this post shows he's a pretty smart guy seeing things for what they really are.  More than can be said for 99% of the sheeple out there.
problem is that our country is being stolen from us by politicians who realize that people in this country are too preoccupied with things in their life to pay attention to the fact that our rights are being taken from us more and more every year, think about this, how many security cameras did you see around 20 years ago? now they're everywhere, stoplights, stores, gas stations, schools, work, restaurants, everywhere you look basically, your government no longer needs to obtain a court order to tap your phone or subpeona your internet loggings, this scraes the shit out of me but most people are too busy with American Idol, Roger Clemens, Britney Spears, the Super Bowl, etc.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2008, 03:00:39 PM »
problem is that our country is being stolen from us by politicians who realize that people in this country are too preoccupied with things in their life to pay attention to the fact that our rights are being taken from us more and more every year, think about this, how many security cameras did you see around 20 years ago? now they're everywhere, stoplights, stores, gas stations, schools, work, restaurants, everywhere you look basically, your government no longer needs to obtain a court order to tap your phone or subpeona your internet loggings, this scraes the shit out of me but most people are too busy with American Idol, Roger Clemens, Britney Spears, the Super Bowl, etc.
You sound like old Chicago morning DJ, Mancow Muller!
?

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2008, 03:00:48 PM »
Cut260 - you summed it up quite well, and the Canadian system is different.

What I mean is that the most the trafficker I mentioned could have gotten was 20 years.  With no other violent convictions and being his first stint in federal prison, he would have only had to serve 1/6 of that time.  Why cop a plea for 10 years (half of the maximum he could have gotten) and serve 1/6 when 20 additional months (serving the maximum sentence) would have prevented him from having to give up that additional million dollar drum of oil?  Is 20 months of freedom worth one million dollars?  If you gave me one million dollars right now, I would voluntarily go to jail for 20 months.  Canadian jail is a joke anyway.  People in other countries have worse quality of life without even being in jail to begin with.

Also, your comment about the effort being better spent on crack cocaine or other more dangerous drugs makes sense if you buy into the media fed brainwashing that prohibition of drugs works.  Prohibition doesn't work, and the more fiercely you attempt to prohibit drugs, the worse the outcome, and this is even more true for more dangerous drugs.  The entire system is a joke.  If they really wanted to get drugs out of the country, they would focus 100% of their efforts on border security.  They don't do that because they don't want drugs out of the country.  The US economy would suffer substantially and possibly collapse without laundered drug money.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2008, 03:03:19 PM »
tell me i'm wrong about my post though, if the Founding Fathers could see what's happening to our great country they'd start a war and kick these bums out of Washington and start over, the whole fucckin' system has been perverted.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2008, 03:04:35 PM »

He explained that he was like a brother to Branch and didn't want to give him the bad news and ruin Branch's contest prep since it was a pivotal point in Branch's career as he said to himself he would retire from bodybuilding if he did not win.

No matter how you cut it, SF made some very good points!
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2008, 03:13:35 PM »
 I know. I agree with you. I'm very conservative politically. While Americans are caught up with Starbucks, American Idol and Britney our rights are being trampled on with our eyes wide shut. Everyday. Literally an American can walk...can simply walk to the 7-11  2 blokcs away to buy a gallon of milk to bring home and technically speaking he probably has broken at least 3 laws.

Dangerous minorites act a fool with weapons bought and sold on the black market and my rights have to be trampled on. Why?

Everyday I see hundreds of people being treated like cattle at the County Hospital because they don't have health insurance and on the corner of that same hospital some woman is tricking her ass to buy another rock of crack and in the same alley a homey dies from an overdose of fentanyl laced heroin.

Whatever. Who cares...let's spend multi millions of taxpayers money to find out if superstar Joe Athlete used a natural substance to help his human body recover, heal, regenerate and stay strong over a long 182 game season because some fat cellulite ass soccer mom is concerned that the big bad evil scary seedy steroid dealer will be on the playground giving 9yr olds dianabol tabs to get them hooked.

I hate this country sometimes.
?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2008, 03:15:42 PM »
He explained that he was like a brother to Branch and didn't want to give him the bad news and ruin Branch's contest prep since it was a pivotal point in Branch's career as he said to himself he would retire from bodybuilding if he did not win.

No matter how you cut it, SF made some very good points!
I know. Mancow Muller was a Chicago morning DJ who used to always say the same conservative things. I loved him. He's off the air now, thouhg...unfortunately.

So how would Branchs' prep or mental aspect of competing be ruined because of Dave's drama? I know...I just want to hear someone els say it.
?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2008, 03:16:42 PM »
I know. Mancow Muller was a Chicago morning DJ who used to always say the same conservative things. I loved him. He's off the air now, thouhg...unfortunately.

So how would Branchs' prep or mental aspect of competing be ruined because of Dave's drama? I know...I just want to hear someone els say it.
he's probably afraid Dave is gonna rat on him.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2008, 03:17:36 PM »

I am filing suit against "Mike Brick" and the NY Times for slander and false information.

I guarantee you that this is bullshit and Atwood does not sue the NY Times.
O

Cut260

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2008, 03:51:35 PM »
Dave, have you ever been to the Collin Creek Mall? Do you have any friends in The Colony? The Golds Gym in Carrolton sucks...fyi.

Yes I go there from time to time, yes I have some friends in The Colony and youre right I dont like the Golds there either =)

Honestly what happened to me does not have any direct relation to Branch in any way what so ever.  It was what happened as a result afterwards that caused the problems and tention between us.  As I said if he had been man enough to call me and say bro you know I have contracts, a career, family etc. Youre my friend and I am here for you but I have to distance myself from you - I would have understood and been cool with that.  However he just ignored my, my messages, my emails - I tried to get in touch with him every day but he just blew me off.  That is what hurt and angered me.  You dont do that to someone.  I stayed away from Metroflex and everyone out of respect for them.  I was upset that no respect was returned.

Ask Ronnies training partner Gus.  He saw me training at the Golds in Plano a few weeks ago and he and his crew knew who I was.  They asked me if I went to Metroflex anymore and I said no I got busted and I dont go there out of respect for them and so that no negative attention would be drawn there.  Ask anyone at that gym or around when they come up and ask if I know where to get this or that - I ALWAYS tell them I got busted, I cant be involved in that anymore and if youre smart you will go pay the extra money for a script and not mess around with the UG or back door stuff.  If I wanted to set people up or hurt people I could have very easily but I didnt.  I have been very open about what happened to me, and I have helped more people than people realize.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2008, 03:56:03 PM »
Cut260 - I think your thread over at MD got deleted  :'(

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2008, 03:58:06 PM »
sad what the gear world has come to, i remember when almost everything around was good 'ol Upjohn, Steris, Organon, Schering legit stuff and was reasonably priced.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2008, 04:00:28 PM »
Squads right.  The country is a f/d up mess...but the good thing is people are finally starting to notice.   (there credit card is maxed, they cant get heathcare etc)

Politicians need something to make them look good, since their losing in every way possible.      Hey, Why not go after these muscleheads...their easy to spot and its gauranteed their committing a felony!!!   Steroids, hgh whatever.....

Bodybuilders are like the Fat Walruses lying on the rock Island...easy to spot, easy to chase and dumb as rocks.... :-\

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2008, 04:03:20 PM »
one thing i noticed about Dave on Branch's vids is that unlike that other clown Jay Moore he's a little more reserved and quiet, damn good build on him too.