Author Topic: Quote of the Week: 'We Didn't Lose Because of Me'  (Read 521 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Quote of the Week: 'We Didn't Lose Because of Me'
« on: November 13, 2010, 06:14:16 AM »
Well, she's partly correct.  They lost in large part because of Obama, but she was also a large part of the reason why they got drubbed.  With this attitude, she will set her party up for big losses in 2012 too.  

Quote of the Week: 'We Didn't Lose Because of Me'

Will she? Won't she? Can she? Should she? House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who has caused glee among Republicans and growing consternation among some Democrats with her bid for the job of post-election House minority leader, explained herself in an interview with NPR.

"We didn't lose the election because of me…. Any party that cannot turn (9.6 percent unemployment) into political gains should hang up the gloves,” the California Democrat told NPR's Renee Montagne.

"I'm running to put together the strongest plan to work with the Republicans to solve problems. The biggest problem is unemployment. I hope we can work together to create jobs. And I do so with the overwhelming support of my caucus, not the unanimous support," Pelosi said.

So far, no old-guard Democrats have stepped up to challenge Pelosi for the leadership spot. But one, somewhat junior and definitely more conservative lawmaker is thinking about it. Representative Heath Shuler, a former NFL quarterback and one of the last of the so-called Blue Dog Democrats, who was just elected to his third term, is considering a challenge and may announce his intention on Monday.

http://www.portfolio.com/views/blogs/the-mix/2010/11/12/quote-of-the-week-democrats-did-not-lose-because-of-pelosi

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Quote of the Week: 'We Didn't Lose Because of Me'
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 06:21:55 AM »
Pelosi was a BIG factor among the people who really got fired up about this mid-term, make no mistake.

Now on to Heath Shuler....wow......I know quite a few of his family members fairly well, my dad grew up hunting with his uncle and cousins.....Heath is younger than me, but he played HS football at a rival HS......here is the deal with him.....he is a pretty decent guy who really has more in common with the republicans on the national scene, but to get elected in his neck of the woods, you really need to be a democrat as that part of NC hasn't figured out the democrat party left them in the 1960's....stubborn fucks.

Bad side:  Heath is not a supremely bright guy, him tanking with the Redskins was due to the coaching staff not believing he would ever be able to read NFL defenses well enough.....he was a freak of an athlete and that is what carried him.  But on the flip side, he has done very well for himself outside of football with a real estate business, etc...  so it seems he has the common sense to let people who know what they are doing handle things.

Conclusion:  I wouldn't mind seeing him get the nod......just because I know he would be willing to work to get things done across the aisle.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 06:26:09 AM »
Pelosi was a BIG factor among the people who really got fired up about this mid-term, make no mistake.

Now on to Heath Shuler....wow......I know quite a few of his family members fairly well, my dad grew up hunting with his uncle and cousins.....Heath is younger than me, but he played HS football at a rival HS......here is the deal with him.....he is a pretty decent guy who really has more in common with the republicans on the national scene, but to get elected in his neck of the woods, you really need to be a democrat as that part of NC hasn't figured out the democrat party left them in the 1960's....stubborn fucks.

Bad side:  Heath is not a supremely bright guy, him tanking with the Redskins was due to the coaching staff not believing he would ever be able to read NFL defenses well enough.....he was a freak of an athlete and that is what carried him.  But on the flip side, he has done very well for himself outside of football with a real estate business, etc...  so it seems he has the common sense to let people who know what they are doing handle things.

Conclusion:  I wouldn't mind seeing him get the nod......just because I know he would be willing to work to get things done across the aisle.

He would get my vote over her in a heartbeat.  I forgive him for being a lousy NFL QB.  Just another one of those SEC "system" QBs.   :)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 06:29:49 AM »
He would get my vote over her in a heartbeat.  I forgive him for being a lousy NFL QB.  Just another one of those SEC "system" QBs.   :)

haha, all he did was tuck the ball and run.....guy was quick and strong, actually played quite a bit like Tebow in college.

And he would be a VAST improvement over Pelosi and I would prefer him to anyone else the dems could muster.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 06:40:31 AM »
haha, all he did was tuck the ball and run.....guy was quick and strong, actually played quite a bit like Tebow in college.

And he would be a VAST improvement over Pelosi and I would prefer him to anyone else the dems could muster.

Would definitely be an improvement over Pelosi.  Doesn't sound like she's smart enough to step aside.  This is the same woman who said this right before the election:

"We will be on pace to maintain the majority in the House of Representatives"

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/02/the-latest-live-blogging-from-the-cnn-election-center/#more-132293

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 06:44:00 AM »
Would definitely be an improvement over Pelosi.  Doesn't sound like she's smart enough to step aside.  This is the same woman who said this right before the election:

"We will be on pace to maintain the majority in the House of Representatives"

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/02/the-latest-live-blogging-from-the-cnn-election-center/#more-132293

She is pretty much the worst to hold that post in a long, long time......maybe ever.  Just way to jaded and self-righteous to make ANY type of compromises.  Honestly, none of my democrat friends liked her either.