Author Topic: Prayer and Religion in Public Life  (Read 634688 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: Prayer and Religion in Public Life
« Reply #425 on: July 12, 2018, 07:41:22 PM »
For an asshole, this is really fucking funny.;

Well thank you.  Not to "insult" you, but we are more alike than different.  And no, I am not calling you an asshole.  Or for that matter, a whole ass. I have a sense of humor but especially so when it comes to myself. 

Later.  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #426 on: July 12, 2018, 08:34:41 PM »
Most assholists are part-time vampires.  Ever notice in films how a vampire can wake up in a coffin in the middle of graveyard full of crosses and still be able to walk about as if nothing is going on?  They just want to get out of there!  Same with a mirror.  They're not supposed to have a reflection so they avoid looking in them.  But with assholists (who are in general, libtards)  it's simply a matter of their reflection being their own Picture of Dorian Gray and they go out of their way to be offended, i.e., make it a point to go see a cross or a Nativity during Christmas.

We have a separation of church and state because it is the right thing to do.  No state sponsored religion is the way to go.  Just look at muslimes to know what happens when the "government" are the enforcers of belief.  The teachings of the Nazarene are to be admired not admonished.  To be followed, not cast aside.  You need not believe in Jesus of Nazareth to know he was a good and wise man. 

I know more than a few assholists that will jump at the chance to belittle followers of the Christ.  On more than on occasion I've asked them why they don't do the same thing with muslimes.  It's because while a Christian may well die for their faith, a muslime will kill for theirs. 

Good points.  I do find the liberal fascination with Islam pretty fascinating.  I'm not even sure they realize (or perhaps they don't care) how absurd it is to be anti-Christian, but embrace a religion that subjugates women and kills gay people. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #427 on: July 12, 2018, 09:49:01 PM »
Good points.  I do find the liberal fascination with Islam pretty fascinating.  I'm not even sure they realize (or perhaps they don't care) how absurd it is to be anti-Christian, but embrace a religion that subjugates women and kills gay people. 

Its kind of like the lefts fascination with leprechauns and lumberjack contests

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #428 on: July 12, 2018, 10:42:06 PM »
Its kind of like the lefts fascination with leprechauns and lumberjack contests

::)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #429 on: July 13, 2018, 12:07:30 AM »
Well thank you.  Not to "insult" you, but we are more alike than different.  And no, I am not calling you an asshole.  Or for that matter, a whole ass. I have a sense of humor but especially so when it comes to myself. 

Later.  ;D

You're a solid getbigger.  Respect.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #430 on: July 22, 2018, 05:11:05 PM »
Deranged christian perverts at it again.

Caldwell couple arrested in child abuse case part of faith-healing church

A Caldwell mother arrested last week told deputies her religious beliefs prompted her to pray for her husband rather than tell police about his alleged sexual abuse of their daughters.

Sarah Kester and her husband, Lester Kester Jr., are affiliated with the Followers of Christ Church. The church, which has a prominent following in Canyon County and in Oregon, faces criticism for refusing medical care for children and adults in favor of faith healing.

Instead of contacting law enforcement, Sarah Kester told deputies she tried to protect her children by praying for “the demon” to leave Lester and keeping her husband busy with other tasks, according to a press release from the Canyon County Sheriff’s Office.

https://www.idahopress.com/news/crime_courts/crime/caldwell-couple-arrested-in-child-abuse-case-part-of-faith/article_12a2243e-3cfb-52fb-8e6b-b983cbca0788.amp.html

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: July 22, 2018, 09:31:22 PM »
I had an eventful day yesterday.  Attended and participated in a number of meetings with different organizations/entities.  Most of these meetings involved prayer:

1.  Honolulu City Council Session:  It began with a devotional and prayer by a local pastor.  The City Council members are overwhelmingly liberal Democrat (about 8 out of 9).  I was very surprised.   

2.  State Government Entity:  Attended a meeting that did not include prayer.  I would have fallen off of my chair.   :) 

3.  Nonproft Religious Entity:  The meeting began and ended with prayer.  I was asked to give the closing prayer (I hate doing that.)  These prayers were expected. 

4.  Professional Society:  Attended an annual dinner of professionals.  Not a religious group at all.  The meeting began with a prayer.  The room was overwhelming liberal.

What struck me was what an integral part prayer is in our public life.  I bet the ACLU disapproves.  (Sorry, couldn't resist.   :))   

They should. Keeping peoples personal beliefs in ghosts, devils, and gods out of official government business is a good thing. Private entities are welcome to do whatever they wish

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: July 23, 2018, 10:52:37 AM »
They should. Keeping peoples personal beliefs in ghosts, devils, and gods out of official government business is a good thing. Private entities are welcome to do whatever they wish

No, we don't have to avoid hurting people's feelings.  And we should embrace our heritage, which includes a belief in God and prayer.  I am happy the Constitution and our courts protect us from your kind of paranoid extremist viewpoint.  

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #433 on: July 23, 2018, 05:40:04 PM »
No, we don't have to avoid hurting people's feelings.  And we should embrace our heritage, which includes a belief in God and prayer.  I am happy the Constitution and our courts protect us from your kind of paranoid extremist viewpoint.  

This country was founded by believers.  If some don't like that, I say fook 'em.  They need to get used to disappointment. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with mentioning the Judeo-Christian God or Jesus of Nazareth.  There is little, if any, difference in the belief of true followers of the Nazarene and the lack of belief in Atheists.  No one is physically or emotionally "harmed" by the symbols of either a Star of David or a Cross, especially the latter of those two as it is the symbolic embodiment of the hope of peace on Earth.

In my life I have asked several muslimes if they would turn in their imam for telling them to blow themselves up in public to take out infidels.  Not a one of them has said anything other than "...my imam would never ask me to do anything wrong". 

Every Christian I have asked the same question about their priest, pastor or minister has said they would turn them over to law enforcement immediately. 

There should never be an official faith of our nation but there is absolutely nothing wrong in basing our laws upon the Judeo-Christian Bible.  islilme's queeron is for batshit crazy pig fuckers and it and it's pedophile followers should never be allowed in our nation or in any civilized country.

I don't fear followers of the Nazarene.  Any that claim to are fooling no one.  They just hate the Messiah because while his word is without question good, it condemns us for our behavior.  Or rather, we condemn ourselves by our acting against his word.  I can deal with that condemnation but then I am adult enough to be able to separate worship from recognizing the goodness of his teaching and try to act accordingly.

Fuck assholists.  Lets see 'em speak out face to face agains muslimes.  They won't.  And again the reason is simple.  Christians may well die for their faith but muslimes are ordered to kill for theirs.  Big difference there and assholists are for the greater part weaklings and prefer to pick on the meek.  It's kinda like when a man goes nuts and shoots up a school or a drug store but these same buttwipes never go shoot up an HA clubhouse.

Because the 81 will shoot back.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #434 on: July 23, 2018, 07:35:50 PM »
This country was founded by believers.  If some don't like that, I say fook 'em.  They need to get used to disappointment. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with mentioning the Judeo-Christian God or Jesus of Nazareth.  There is little, if any, difference in the belief of true followers of the Nazarene and the lack of belief in Atheists.  No one is physically or emotionally "harmed" by the symbols of either a Star of David or a Cross, especially the latter of those two as it is the symbolic embodiment of the hope of peace on Earth.

In my life I have asked several muslimes if they would turn in their imam for telling them to blow themselves up in public to take out infidels.  Not a one of them has said anything other than "...my imam would never ask me to do anything wrong". 

Every Christian I have asked the same question about their priest, pastor or minister has said they would turn them over to law enforcement immediately. 

There should never be an official faith of our nation but there is absolutely nothing wrong in basing our laws upon the Judeo-Christian Bible.  islilme's queeron is for batshit crazy pig fuckers and it and it's pedophile followers should never be allowed in our nation or in any civilized country.

I don't fear followers of the Nazarene.  Any that claim to are fooling no one.  They just hate the Messiah because while his word is without question good, it condemns us for our behavior.  Or rather, we condemn ourselves by our acting against his word.  I can deal with that condemnation but then I am adult enough to be able to separate worship from recognizing the goodness of his teaching and try to act accordingly.

Fuck assholists.  Lets see 'em speak out face to face agains muslimes.  They won't.  And again the reason is simple.  Christians may well die for their faith but muslimes are ordered to kill for theirs.  Big difference there and assholists are for the greater part weaklings and prefer to pick on the meek.  It's kinda like when a man goes nuts and shoots up a school or a drug store but these same buttwipes never go shoot up an HA clubhouse.

I agree overall.  I would make a distinction between Islam and Radical Islam. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #435 on: July 23, 2018, 08:10:27 PM »
I agree overall.  I would make a distinction between Islam and Radical Islam. 

To me, there is no difference.  The queeron is a tome of doom, filled with lies and hatred for any and all that refuse to submit to its bullshit.  It threatens its own adherents with death for leaving the lies behind.  It is not patriarchal, it's misogynistic. And still the libtards love islime.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #436 on: July 23, 2018, 08:54:23 PM »

This country had slaves at one time as well. We've evolved, science has evolved, we no longer have to believe angry gods are behind volcanoes. The founding fathers didn't want religion mixed with government and I'm in agreement

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #437 on: July 23, 2018, 09:05:49 PM »
This country had slaves at one time as well. We've evolved, science has evolved, we no longer have to believe angry gods are behind volcanoes. The founding fathers didn't want religion mixed with government and I'm in agreement

Oh yeah?  How come our currency says "In God We Trust".  Huh?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #438 on: July 23, 2018, 09:06:39 PM »
Oh yeah?  How come our currency says "In God We Trust".  Huh?

Damn... I fold

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: July 23, 2018, 09:10:00 PM »

Never said we had to believe.  I just don't get all butthurt by Christians that have a real faith in the Nazarene.  muslimes on the other hand, are scum.   Like I stated, no National Religion.  FTN.

islime is the national "religion" of fucktard moooslimes.  And again, much of our legal doctrine is based upon Judeo-Christian principles.  It's not a matter of it is what it is, but rather what we choose to make of it.  Libtards tend to make a mess of it no matter what "it" is.  

As pointed out, "In God We Trust".  Not each other.  Not mankind.  Not Buddha.  Not that shitwad allah.  Not the blueish divine four armed Vishnu form of Krishna.  Not...Ah...you get it.  Many of the founders of this nation were believers in the Nazarene and with good reason for at the very least he was the Prince of Peace and a most excellent teacher.

I no longer believe in God.  But I won't lie and say the Christ was without merit.

And some of the founding fathers were Masons.  Now that's some weird shit.  FTN.  And the country still has slaves.  It's called welfare.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #440 on: July 23, 2018, 10:53:40 PM »
To me, there is no difference.  The queeron is a tome of doom, filled with lies and hatred for any and all that refuse to submit to its bullshit.  It threatens its own adherents with death for leaving the lies behind.  It is not patriarchal, it's misogynistic. And still the libtards love islime.

I don't think that's fair.  I know lots of peaceful Muslims.  It's the extremists who are the problem.  And the problem with extremists is there are millions of them. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #441 on: July 23, 2018, 10:54:40 PM »
Never said we had to believe.  I just don't get all butthurt by Christians that have a real faith in the Nazarene.  muslimes on the other hand, are scum.   Like I stated, no National Religion.  FTN.

Exactly. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: July 24, 2018, 10:09:27 AM »
I don't think that's fair.  I know lots of peaceful Muslims.  It's the extremists who are the problem.  And the problem with extremists is there are millions of them. 

Ask 'em that question about what if their imam...Chances are there would be a very long pause prior to any answer.  Islam means "submit". The Christ allows free will to choose to follow or not without a penalty in the here and now. Islime would have you submit or die.   I have zero doubts that  the mooslimes you know are liars.  Their religion compels them to obey upon pain of death.  You can never leave islime or the rest of the practitioners are compelled to put you to death, including your own family, i.e., "honor killings".  FTN.  The women may only marry a mooslime.  The men can marry any "women of the Book".  Typical lying kuntlette manlets.  Of course by their actions we also know the men can rape any women or children they want to because it's the right of their "culture", i.e., the queeron.

HoMohammed isn't near the Man that Jesus of Nazareth was.  If the Nazarene was as hoMohammed was, I would never have followed him as I once did.

Fuck islime. It is a religion of death. The Nazarene's faith is one of life.  And, if he was actually "He", it is one of Eternal Life.  I know a great many fake christians.  They're the ones to whom the Christ will say, "Depart from me.  I never knew you."  Many of them are without a doubt "pastors, priest and ministers". 

They only rip off their flock or sleep with them and more.  Flase leaders.  Name it and claim it types. Not as bad as islime but still disgusting.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: July 24, 2018, 10:45:56 AM »
Ask 'em that question about what if their imam...Chances are there would be a very long pause prior to any answer.  Islam means "submit". The Christ allows free will to choose to follow or not without a penalty in the here and now. Islime would have you submit or die.   I have zero doubts that  the mooslimes you know are liars.  Their religion compels them to obey upon pain of death.  You can never leave islime or the rest of the practitioners are compelled to put you to death, including your own family, i.e., "honor killings".  FTN.  The women may only marry a mooslime.  The men can marry any "women of the Book".  Typical lying kuntlette manlets.  Of course by their actions we also know the men can rape any women or children they want to because it's the right of their "culture", i.e., the queeron.

HoMohammed isn't near the Man that Jesus of Nazareth was.  If the Nazarene was as hoMohammed was, I would never have followed him as I once did.

Fuck islime. It is a religion of death. The Nazarene's faith is one of life.  And, if he was actually "He", it is one of Eternal Life.  I know a great many fake christians.  They're the ones to whom the Christ will say, "Depart from me.  I never knew you."  Many of them are without a doubt "pastors, priest and ministers". 

They only rip off their flock or sleep with them and more.  Flase leaders.  Name it and claim it types. Not as bad as islime but still disgusting.

I have no doubt you are brainwashed to believe all muslims are zealots. And those that arent, those that are working alongside christians and other religions are just pretending to be okay.. biding their time until they can kill them. It's a ridiculous position, and one that obviously stems from lack of actual interaction with Muslims. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #444 on: July 24, 2018, 11:53:26 AM »
I have no doubt you are brainwashed to believe all muslims are zealots. And those that arent, those that are working alongside christians and other religions are just pretending to be okay.. biding their time until they can kill them. It's a ridiculous position, and one that obviously stems from lack of actual interaction with Muslims. 

Well now. It is soooo nice to hear from the Mayor of Amity.

Your position is that of all liberals.  On all fours.  As I have told you before, you and I differ and will never see eye to eye.  Mostly because you've got your head shoved so far up your ass you can't see anything but shit.  Those rose colored glass must've made it an even tighter fit, eh?  Your experiences are not mine, Mr. Mayor.

As for your search for a suitable retirement home?  Try Europe. You may not be WELCOME but certain residents will definitely treat you as though that were written on your backside.

Typist. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #445 on: July 24, 2018, 12:57:49 PM »

We'll have to agree to disagree about the distinction between Islam and Radical Islam.  I know the Koran has some pretty wild things in it, but I don't think the Muslims that I know are violent at all. 

But Radical Islam is a clear and present danger, one that I've been talking about for years.   http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=368681.0

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #446 on: July 24, 2018, 01:26:28 PM »

Like you, I'm involved in various organizations that have meetings and annual conventions. A few of these include prayer in the agenda, which is fine as long as no one is obligated to participate. I don't believe prayer should ever feel like an obligation. Praying or not praying, is a personal decision and not one I want government or anyone else to make for me or my family.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #447 on: July 24, 2018, 01:45:43 PM »
Like you, I'm involved in various organizations that have meetings and annual conventions. A few of these include prayer in the agenda, which is fine as long as no one is obligated to participate. I don't believe prayer should ever feel like an obligation. Praying or not praying, is a personal decision and not one I want government or anyone else to make for me or my family.

Do you suffer emotional distress when you hear someone pray or see religious symbols on public property? 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #448 on: July 24, 2018, 04:45:22 PM »
We'll have to agree to disagree about the distinction between Islam and Radical Islam.  I know the Koran has some pretty wild things in it, but I don't think the Muslims that I know are violent at all. 

But Radical Islam is a clear and present danger, one that I've been talking about for years.   http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=368681.0

Like two times in a week I see eye to eye with you. Makes me doubt myself and seriously consider all Muslims are evil

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #449 on: July 25, 2018, 03:16:28 PM »
Like two times in a week I see eye to eye with you. Makes me doubt myself and seriously consider all Muslims are evil

I don't care how many times you or anyone else agrees with me.  I don't have a problem being a minority of one.  Nobody dictates what I say, think, or believe.  But I confess there are a handful of folks who help me ensure I'm on the right side of an issue.   :)