Author Topic: Just started watching The Sopranos  (Read 48791 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Just started watching The Sopranos
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2011, 06:01:07 AM »
I NEVER watch TV, so whenever I heard someone mention THE SUPRANOS, I thought it was a TV show about a bunch of male singers.

Then someone forced me to watch DEXTER via disc on my laptop because he works in it ... and I got hooked that first season and asked friends opinions on other TV series ... and ended up enjoying SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA, SPARTACUS. BREAKING BAD, ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, and TRUE BLOOD.

Now as a result of youz guys, I gotta tackle SUPRANOS and DEADWOOD before the end of this year and before the next season of DEXTER or BREAKING BAD is released on DVD.

OH YEA! I never saw SIMPSON, but I did see one episode of SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS . Are they related or produced by the same company?

TV is a total mystery to me. I can't even turn on the remote.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2011, 09:19:47 AM »
DOC, I haven't seen that one yet, but do you realize that Danny Divito only had about six weeks(?) available to work on the Sunny in Philadelphia series, so they filmed every scene in which he had a part .... without shooting the rest of that episode in its normal sequence.

Once he left the set for good they shot the rest of 'the story-lines' and built it like a big, moving, jig-saw puzzle or so I've been told by someone who knows this stuff..

Has anyone seen BLUE MOUNTAIN STATE? It's a free watch on IMDB.com unless it's been moved lately. Funny college football fraternity stuff that could never be shown on regular TV and worth a watch.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2011, 09:20:56 AM »
Thanks, already got a couple of those on my list. Will check them out.

I've not seen anything on TV for years now, just movies. Looks like it's time to start making up for lost time ;D

I have the whole collecton of The Sheild on dvd....one of the best series I've ever seen even though the last season jumped the shark.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2011, 09:23:18 AM »
Any other shows you guys would recommend?

DEXTER...amazing show...you can start watching it this coming Sunday night on showtime

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2011, 09:24:08 AM »
DOC, I haven't seen that one yet, but do you realize that Danny Divito only had about six weeks available to work on the Sunny in Philadelphia series, so they filmed every scene in which he had a part .... without shooting the rest of that episode in its normal sequence.

Once he left the set for good they shot the rest of 'the story' and built it like a big, moving, jig-saw puzzle or so I've been told by someone who knows this stuff..

Has anyone seen BLUE MOUNTAIN STATE? It's a free watch on IMDB.com unless it's been moved lately. Funny college football fraternity stuff that could never be shown on regular TV and worth a watch.
So, true, bro. Danny...is one of the prime movers in Hollywood. not just a producer, or money guy, but one of the top guys who can make or shake a project. Pretty good for a former hairdresser. oh, and he;s got good money-sense, too.   :)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2011, 09:42:20 AM »
THE SHIELD ... another one I gotta watch unless that's the series about the slightly crooked but dedicated cops ... or is that THE WIRE? I've watched parts of one of them.

Can any of you GETBIGGERS start watching any of these  TV shows without starting at the very beginnig (Season 1, Episoode 1)?

I think it would be impossible to enjoy any Season of DEXTER without seeing the entirity of SEASON 1 which gives you a good idea of who he is and why he is what he is.

And it's gonna be interesting to see kow DEXTER ends! Any suggestions are appreciated.

I THINK his sister will end up killing him ..... by accident of course.

My first viewing of DEADWOOD WAS THE 1ST episode of Season 2 .... and I was completley losted .... but interested enough to search for Season 1 without continuing further.

I have yet to hear about any plans to bring any of these series to the big screen though.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2011, 09:48:11 AM »
THE SHIELD ... another one I gotta watch unless that's the series about the slightly crooked but dedicated cops ... or is that THE WIRE? I've watched parts of one of them.

Can any of you GETBIGGERS start watching any of these  TV shows without starting at the very beginnig (Season 1, Episoode 1)?

I think it would be impossible to enjoy any Season of DEXTER without seeing the entirity of SEASON 1 which gives you a good idea of who he is and why he is what he is.

And it's gonna be interesting to see kow DEXTER ends! Any suggestions are appreciated.

I THINK his sister will end up killing him ..... by accident of course.

My first viewing of DEADWOOD WAS THE 1ST episode of Season 2 .... and I was completley losted .... but interested enough to search for Season 1 without continuing further.

I have yet to hear about any plans to bring any of these series to the big screen though.
You just have been tired. Bro, it's worth it. Small town mouse (me) to you - it's worth it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2011, 10:03:15 AM »
I'm on episode 3 now. Man, this shit is good, I've been missing out.  8)

First 2 seasons are the best.   3 was good.    The rest were so so w some highlights here and there.   

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2011, 10:10:40 AM »
First 2 seasons are the best.   3 was good.    The rest were so so w some highlights here and there.   

you ever watch Dexter?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2011, 10:11:30 AM »
you ever watch Dexter?

no.  Sopranoes i can relate to on a personal level, thats why I watched it.   

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2011, 12:56:53 PM »
never seen it, isnt it mafia comedy? i normally rather watch real mafia movies.

Far from a comedy, although this scene was absolutely hilarious.  The show has lot of subtle references to the Godfather, Goodfellas and the like.

:

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2011, 12:58:51 PM »

Far from a comedy, although this scene was absolutely hilarious.  The show has lot of subtle references to the Godfather, Goodfellas and the like.

LOL funniest thing ever especially Paulies - Get the fuck out'a hea!!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2011, 01:09:53 PM »
LOL funniest thing ever especially Paulies - Get the fuck out'a hea!!!

Paulie:  "...guy was an interior decorator"
Christopher:  "his house looked like shit"

;D ;D ;D
:

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2011, 04:19:48 PM »
hahah love this part

slicksta

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2011, 06:23:21 PM »
one of my all-time favs (no homo btw)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2011, 06:33:15 PM »
having grown up amongst mobsters and knowing them into my 30's , I have today that Sopranoes is probably as close as it gets to reality. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2011, 08:16:23 PM »
having grown up amongst mobsters and knowing them into my 30's , I have today that Sopranoes is probably as close as it gets to reality. 

okay..NOW you've grown up with mobsters...will your endless lies never cease???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2011, 03:53:29 AM »
okay..NOW you've grown up with mobsters...will your endless lies never cease???

Arthur ave mean anything to you? 

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2011, 03:57:11 AM »
there is one bodybuilding related episode where one beefcake is tony's driver. then tony is admiring his triceps and they talk bodybuilding

then tony claims he once benched 300lbs (or 315)

best moment of the sopranos because it was bodybuilding related

also in one episode there is a an issue about homosexuality they are discussing in agony when suddenly bodybuilding competition appears on television and everybody gets more angry because bodybuilding looks gay

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2011, 04:35:03 AM »
Any other shows you guys would recommend?

Sons of Anarchy. Great show. But not matching the quality of The Sopranos. Nothing does IMO.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2011, 06:11:57 AM »
Arthur ave mean anything to you? 

you grew up on Arthur Ave?....I grew up on Webster....near St. Barnabas Hospital

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2011, 06:55:37 AM »
you grew up on Arthur Ave?....I grew up on Webster....near St. Barnabas Hospital

The people I grew up around were all Arthur Ave., Morris Park, people from yonkers, etc

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2011, 07:01:08 AM »
I just watched the first two episodes of Breaking Bad on Netflix.  I like it so far.  It seems like a much darker version of weeds.  I highly recommend Weeds

Anyone else recommend Breaking Bad?

Also, True Blood is pretty good if you are into Vampires at all. 

Carnivale was a good two season show as well.

The sopranos are at the top of the list though.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2011, 07:10:06 AM »
the americans only watch the same shows.

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2011, 07:22:28 AM »
the americans only watch the same shows.

Actually, my wife watches several British shows.

I tend to watch american shows because they are the ones available to me and in English, but I am open to non american shows if they are good - so name some big guy.