Author Topic: Miscellaneous Entertainment  (Read 591405 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Miscellaneous Entertainment
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2012, 12:10:26 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/tron/news/?a=71270

CONFIRMED: Garrett Hedlund to Star in TRON 3

Our friends over at NEXTMOVIE.com have the exclusive word from Garrett Hedlund himself. Hedlund played Sam Flynn in "TRON: Legacy"

"Yeah," Hedlund said when we pressed him for details on his "Tron" participation while doing press in New York ahead of the U.S. release of "On the Road." "Are we gonna break this now?"

"Disney's very excited," he said of the project. "That's about that. You know, yeah, I'm very excited, Disney's very excited."

Jesse Wigutow is in negotiations to write the script, and "TRON: Legacy" director Joseph Kosinski is returning to helm the 3rd film.

Rumored but still unofficial is that production may begin in 2014.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2012, 10:16:23 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/12/14/syfy-pulls-haven-episode-following-tragedy/

Syfy Pulls ‘Haven’ Episode Following Tragedy

The horrific tragedy at a Newton, Conn. elementary school is prompting Syfy to make a quick swap of its series “Haven.”

The episode originally set to run tonight featured a series of murders at a high school, but that will now be replaced by a holiday “Eureka” special at 10 p.m.

“Tonight’s scheduled 10PM episode of Haven contained scenes of fictitious violence in a high school,” the network said in a statement. “In light of today’s tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, we have decided not to air it. At this time, no decision has been made as to when the episode will air.”

TVLine quoted Laura Vandervoort, who was set to guest star in the two-episode arc tonight, as praising the move.

“There’s a fine line between our art of evoking emotions in others, portraying tainted, troubled and broken characters, and reality,” she said. “I feel immense pain and sympathy for the families and children [in Newtown] and couldn’t bear the thought of the images in tonight’s episode upsetting people.”

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2012, 10:52:03 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=71294

Len Wiseman Reveals New Details For THE MUMMY Reboot

Back in September, it was announced that director Len Wiseman (Live Free Or Die Hard, Underworld) has signed on to helm a reboot of Universal's The Mummy series. This new take on the franchise, which began in the mid 1930's, was said to be a scarier, darker version of the mythology. Screenwriter Jon Spaihts (Prometheus) was hired to pen the script, with Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman (Transformers) producing. Now, speaking with Movie Web while promoting the Blu-Ray release of his Total Recall reboot (which hits shelves December 18th), Wiseman offers an update on The Mummy, and reiterates that this has absolutely nothing to do with the last three films which starred Brendan Fraser.

"There was skepticism. The difference between the two, if The Mummy is to be the next movie for me, is that The Mummy is a completely different film," he says when asked whether or not his views on remakes has changed since Total Recall. "It is a modern day take. It doesn't have anything to do with the Brendan Fraser films, and it is not a remake of any kind. The Mummy is one of Universal's long standing, iconic characters, well before the Brendan Fraser movies... This is such a different thing. What was attractive to me...There is still a script to be written, and all of that....But the pitch was to go with a much different tone. It was a Mummy like I'd never heard of before. It's nothing like what you would expect, at all, oddly. I was picturing Egypt, and the sand swept settings. The mummy wrappings. When I heard what they were wanting to actually do with it, it was shocking."

As for the film's tone, Wiseman says that it won't be as action-oriented as the Fraser films. "It's horror. It's epic. It's more of a modern day version of what would happen if we came across a mummy in our world today. It is pretty fascinating." Interestingly, Movie Web's headline calls the remake "An epic horror movie set in present day America", although Wiseman doesn't specifically say that the film will take place in the USA.

Universal are planning on releasing The Mummmy sometime in 2014.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2012, 10:12:43 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=71393

Alice Kills Zombie Rain In RESIDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION Deleted Scene; Plus Undead Featurette

Come check out a deleted scene from Resident Retribution that has Alice (Milla Jovovich) killing a zombie version of Rain Ocampo (Michelle Rodriguez), and then Ada Wong (Bingbing Li) explains how that's possible. Also check out a blooper reel and a new featurette.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2012, 10:24:45 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=71490

Gerard Way Offers Update On THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY Film Adaptation

A couple of years ago, Universal Studios optioned a film adaptation of Dark Horse Comics' The Umbrella Academy, which was written by Gerard Way and drawn by Gabriel Bá. Mark Bomback (The Wolverine)was hired to write the script, but last year, it was reported that Rawson Thurber (Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story) was brought on board to re-write the screenplay. Speaking with Comics Alliance, Way offers an update on the big screen adaptation. "I'd say it's hanging out a little bit. Every once in awhile there's a burst of movement and it's kind of how I've noticed Hollywood works. There's a burst of movement and then a burst of nothing. We actually recently got a script and it's really great, so I think it's just a matter of waiting for [Universal Studios] wanting to take the risk on it."

When asked about the budget, he says that it's now smaller than it was originally. "Well the good news is that it's not as big as it was before, which actually takes a lot of the pressure off the storytelling in the script and made it so things could exist like Space[boy] still being half a Martian gorilla, Bobo still being a chimp - you know what I mean? Those are things that, when your budget starts to get higher and higher you notice that discussions will start to happen like, "Well, let's maybe phase some of this weird stuff out." So, your budget getting smaller is sometimes the best thing that can happen." To check out the rest of the interview with Way, click the source link below.

The Umbrella Academy follows the members of the titular group, a disbanded team of superheroes who reunite after the death of their adoptive father, "Sir Reginald Hargreeves". Hargreeves, an alien disguised as a famous entrepreneur, collected the members of the Umbrella Academy shortly after their birth and trained them to save the world from an unspecified threat. After his death, the members carry on his plan to save the world.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2013, 10:58:39 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=71724

First Look At Sharlto Copley In Blomkamp's ELYSIUM

Sharlto Copley quickly rose to fame after an amazing performance as Wikus in Neill Blomkamp's impressive directorial debut, District 9. Now, the two have teamed-up once again for Blomkamp's next science-fiction film, Elysium, which stars Matt Damon.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2013, 11:15:03 PM »
that actually looks pretty good. pity they've more or less shown the whole fucking film in that long ass trailer  ::)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2013, 12:22:12 AM »

ORPHAN BLACK: Cloning Drama Coming to BBC America in March

On March 30th, BBC America will debut a drama about cloning that focuses on a woman who discovers that she's been cloned, which in turn leads into a global-wide conspiracy in which virtually anyone could have a clone of themselves walking around.

What follows is the official descrpition of the show:

Sarah has always lived the life of an orphan outsider. But a clone is never alone.

Sarah hopes that cleaning out a dead woman?s bank account will solve all her problems. Instead, her problems multiply ? and so does she. Experience a whole new side of BBC AMERICA with the channel?s next original scripted series, ?Orphan Black,? the exciting and ambitious new addition to the Supernatural Saturday programming block. ?Orphan Black? features rising star Tatiana Maslany ?(Cas & Dylan,? ?Picture Day?) in the lead role of Sarah, an outsider and orphan whose life changes dramatically after witnessing the suicide of a woman who looks just like her. Sarah assumes her identity, her boyfriend and her bank account. But instead of solving her problems, the street smart chameleon is thrust headlong into a kaleidoscopic mystery. She makes the dizzying discovery that she and the dead woman are clones? but are they the only ones? Sarah quickly finds herself caught in the middle of a deadly conspiracy and must race to find answers about who she is and how many others there are just like her. Orphan Black premieres Saturday, March 30, 9:00pm ET/PT, as part of BBC AMERICA?s Supernatural Saturday.
This suspenseful, sexy thriller also stars Jordan Gavaris (?Degrassi?), Dylan Bruce (?As The World Turns?) and Maria Doyle Kennedy (?Downton Abbey?). Orphan Black is executive produced by Ivan Schneeberg and David Fortier (?Being Erica?), Graeme Manson (?Flashpoint?), and John Fawcett (?Spartacus?). The drama is co-created by Manson and Fawcett, with Manson also serving as writer and Fawcett as director.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/scifimediazone/news/?a=71806

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2013, 08:21:37 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=71921

REAL LIFE: Superman Spotted Flying Near The Coast Of California

After watching this, you really will believe a man RC plane can fly! The video and description below were posted by LiveLeak.com (via Bleeding Cool), and as you can see, you most definitely would have to pinch yourself to make sure you weren't dreaming if this "Superman" flew over your house!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2013, 08:35:48 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=71923

First Poster For SNOWPIERCER Officially Released; Plus John Hurt Discusses His Role

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2013, 10:24:12 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/FortressOfAwesomeness/news/?a=71789

Royal Mail Reveal DOCTOR WHO Themed Stamps

Marking the 50th anniversary of British sci-fi show Doctor Who all 11 Doctors will be getting their own first class stamp, as well as some villains in a second class set, thanks to postal service Royal Mail.

With the Christmas Special, 'The Snowmen', just shown UK's Royal Mail have announced a set of Doctor Who theme stamps. The collection marks the 50th anniversary of sci-fi show, with all 11 Doctors getting their own first class stamp; and four of the show's most popular villains, including the Daleks, the Cybermen, the Ood, and the frightening Weeping Angels, starring on the second class set.

The Royal Mail stamps will be available in March.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20838728

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2013, 08:06:58 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=72376

Bill Pullman Offers An Update On INDEPENDENCE DAY 2

Bill Pullman is no stranger to playing the President of The United States. He is currently playing the role as the Commander and Chief in the new television series 1600 Penn, and he played one in the Summer blockbuster Independence Day. Rumors have been swirling for a long time now as to when or if we will get a sequel to the film that launched Will Smith to movie stardom. While speaking with CraveOnline Pullman gave this hopeful update on the film, "Within a year(They might start shooting), yeah, something like that I guess. I worried about taking this part because it’s heating up." He said that he talked to director Roland Emmerich and producer Dean Devlin about his schedule with 1600 Penn, and they told him to go for the series that they would work around it if Independence Day 2 get made.

One of the sticking points with getting the film made is whether Smith will do it or not. He has expressed some interest on returning to the role of Captain Steven Hiller, but if he doesn't Pullman said there is a back up plan. "“The Will Smith part of it may be ongoing but I think there’s strategies for both. I like what I have to do in both of them. I’m not in an old age home in a wheelchair being wheeled out for one more moment. It’s a very interesting conception of what happens to Whitmore between then and when it picks back up," he explained. So even if Smith decides not to do it, there is a chance that the project could move forward.

With all of this being said though, the sequel has had trouble getting off the ground. Being a realist, Pullman is not holding his breath because the project is as he called it, "plagued." It is however, encouraging to hear that it does not all fall on whether or not Will Smith wants to do the film.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2013, 08:15:37 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/FortressOfAwesomeness/news/?a=72383

Creator of BEING HUMAN Teases Series 5 In A New Interview with SFX

Warning: Mild Spoilers

SuperDude001- 1/9/2013

Series 5 Synopsis:
“Hal, Tom and Alex are three housemates with some serious issues on their hands, and they’re not all about the washing up rota. Hal is a 500 year-old vampire, Tom is a hardened werewolf and Alex has recently had the misfortune of becoming a ghost. Strapped to a chair in the living room, Hal is finding it tough going cold-turkey – mostly because the mess Tom has made is really bothering him. But when Tom and Alex release Hal, they’re not to know it’s far too soon to be letting a blood-thirsty vampire onto the streets… When Hal recruits Crumb as a vampire and welcomes him to the supernatural world, the meek becomes mighty and we see what happens when a bullied man finds his bite. Meanwhile, Rook – head of a shady government department in charge of keeping the supernatural world secret – is given some devastating news.”

In this month’s issue of SFX (released today, 9th Jan) creator Toby Whithouse has dropped some new hints about the paranormal drama's fifth series of the BBC Three hit Being Human.
Most prominently the writer talked about the casting of the series' new big bad villain, Captain Hatch, the role to be played by British actor Phil Davis (announced August last year).

In the same article Davis explained his taking on the role as “like slipping into a pair of shoes,”. “Sometimes they fit immediately, and sometimes you have to wiggle your toes a bit. But this was pretty easy to get the hang of. It was irresistible, because it’s so well-written. He’s very clever and very funny. He kills people with a smile on his face – or persuades them to kill themselves. I want the audience to enjoy his evil and be scared of him at the same time. I want them to be laughing and then stopping dead.”

Whithouse told SFX “It’s a brilliant performance,”, “imbued with such presence and danger, and that effortless evil that Phil does so well. I wrote it, but I’m genuinely chilled by some of the stuff he does. And he’s not afraid of making himself look ghastly. Hatch goes through a transformation as we get towards the end, but up until that point Phil was happy to make himself look utterly rancid!” “When we first meet Hatch, rotting away in that filthy room, he’s in a terrible state.”

“I’m one of those rare actors who comes out of make-up looking far worse than when he went in!” Davis jokes. “They blacken my teeth, paint veins on my forehead and put earwax dripping out of my ears – it’s a pretty disgusting sight. He’s described as ‘a little angry fist of a man’ to start with, but as he gets more powerful, he becomes more relaxed and urbane.”

The writer told SFX that the BBC Three show's latest six-part run will climax with an ending sixth episode that "will leave you guessing".
“This one has cameos from two guests from last year… no, Mitchell isn’t coming back, because he’s dead. And so are George and Nina! We’re not only told what Captain Hatch’s plan is but we see it played out, in some of the biggest setpieces we’ve ever done. And the end will leave you guessing. There will be much discussion about the end…”

The new series of Being Human stars Damien Molony, Michael Socha and Kate Bracken and will also feature Whitechapel's Phil Davis as the villainous Captain Hatch.

The air date of series 5 is still unknown, but sometime soon this year of 2013 on BBC Three (UK). No trailer has been released, although small snippets of footage can be seen on BBC Three seasonal trailers.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2013, 08:21:19 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=72361

TEXAS CHAINSAW 4 Officially Moving Forward; Production To Begin Later This Year

The other day, it was reported that Lionsgate will be moving ahead with a sequel to its surprise box office hit Texas Chainsaw 3D, which opened this past weekend. While that isn't surprising, considering that the studio bought the rights to make seven Texas Chainsaw movies, Leatherface's big screen future would've been uncertain if his latest outing wasn't very successful. Now, after its $21.7M opening weekend, Deadline confirms that Millenium Films is giving the go ahead to the next film, tentatively titled Texas Chainsaw 4. Production will begin later this year in Louisiana, and will be spearheaded by producer Carl Mazzocone, exec producers Mark Burg, Avi Lerner, Tobe Hooper, Trevor Short, John Thompson, Danny Dimbort, Lati Grobman and Christa Campbell. "Lati and Christa brought the idea of this franchise to us. They were certain of the audience appeal, so we signed on," Millennium Films Chairman Avi Lerner said. "And it turns out they were right. It was a bloody good decision. Lionsgate agreed to distribute the film in the US, and did a fantastic job. We very much hope to partner with them for the next chapter."

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2013, 06:44:06 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=72412

Christopher Nolan To Tackle Sci-Fi In His Next Movie; INTERSTELLAR

Memento, The Prestige, Inception. All of these Christopher Nolan helmed movies are as good as (if not better than) his The Dark Knight Trilogy, so you may want to start getting excited about the news that his next project will be Interstellar for Paramount and Warner Bros. According to The Hollywood Reporter, he will direct and produce the Jonathan Nolan penned screenplay which "involves time travel and alternate dimensions in a story that sees a group of explorers travel through a wormhole." It's apparently based on scientific theories developed by a Kip Thorne, a theoretical physicist, a gravitational physicist and astrophysicist at Caltech. Nolan is said to be very close to wrapping up the deal, so there is obviously no word on a cast or release date at this point.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2013, 08:17:01 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=72406

Dan Trachtenberg To Direct Y: THE LAST MAN

Dan Trachtenberg is a relative unknown, as his resume reads; directed commercials for big brands like Nike and Coke, collaborated on a Hellboy II: The Golden Army alternate reality game, and directed the internet show "Ctrl+Alt+Chicken." But wait, there's more. In August of 2011, Trachtenberg created a short film, Portal: No Escape, based on the popular, Portal, video game. The reception for the short, was incredible, the video had over six million hits in the first two months on YouTube.

Y The Last Man is the dystopian science fiction comic book series by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra published by Vertigo beginning in 2002. It focuses on only man to survive the apparent simultaneous death of every male mammal on Earth. The 60-issue series was repackaged in book form and the series won five Eisner Awards.

The film is being produced by Benderspink and David Goyer, with Sam Brown and David Neustadter overseeing for New Line. Trachtenberg is separately attached to helm Crime of the Century, the Universal film which has Chris Morgan producing. That’s being scripted by Daniel Kunka. - Deadline

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2013, 11:53:06 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=72500

New Trailer For Sci-Fi Alien Western, DEFIANCE

I'm getting a small Firefly vibe from this show. Not saying it will be anywhere as good as Firefly but the visuals definitely bring that show to mind which I guess shouldn't be too surprising considering this is a sci-fi western as well. The show debuts April 15,2013 on the Syfy channel.

Defiance is an upcoming American science fiction television series which is being developed for television by Rockne S. O'Bannon. The series is being produced in collaboration with Trion Worlds who are producing a Defiance MMO video game which will be connected to the series. Defiance stars Grant Bowler as Jeb Nolan, the local lawman in a refugee camp known as Defiance. The series will be broadcast in the United States on the cable channel Syfy, and is being produced by Universal Cable Productions.

Defiance is set to premiere Monday, April 15, 2013 at 9:00 pm Eastern/8:00 pm Central.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2013, 11:58:05 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=72475

New Impressive Sci-Fi Short 'R'HA'
No actors, no sets, no problem! Kaleb Lechowski didn't have the spare cash to create his short using the typical process, but that's okay. Over a seven month period Kaleb directed, wrote and animated the short, that features two alien worlds at war with each other.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2013, 09:29:10 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=72580

Showtime Confirm PENNY DREADFUL From SKYFALL's Sam Mendes And John Logan

After the success of Skyfall, it should come as no surprise to learn that Showtime entertainment president David Nevins today confirmed that the network responsible for the likes of Dexter and Homeland have given Penny Dreadful a full series order. Prduction is expected to begin in London in the second half of this year and Nevins said that it is "our hope and intention is that Sam Mendes will direct it." Below is the press release in full courtesy of Deadline.

LOS ANGELES, CA (January 12, 2013) – Some of literature’s most iconic figures will step into the light on SHOWTIME in PENNY DREADFUL, a psychosexual horror series created, written and executive produced by three-time Oscar® nominee John Logan (Hugo, The Aviator, Gladiator) and executive produced by Oscar winner Sam Mendes (American Beauty, Revolutionary Road) and Neal Street’s Pippa Harris (Revolutionary Road, Call The Midwife), it was announced today by David Nevins, President of Entertainment, Showtime Networks. PENNY DREADFUL will begin production in London in the second half of 2013.

In PENNY DREADFUL, some of literature’s most famously terrifying characters – including Dr. Frankenstein and his creature, Dorian Gray and iconic figures from the novel Dracula – become embroiled in Victorian London. The series weaves together these classic horror origin stories as the characters grapple with their monstrous alienation. This project marks Logan and Mendes’ second major collaboration, following Skyfall, their recent critically-acclaimed and box office record-breaking James Bond film, which Mendes directed and Logan co-wrote; and their first ever collaboration for television. The project will be produced by Mendes’ production company Neal Street Productions.

"John Logan and Sam Mendes are two of the great storytellers of our time," said Nevins. "The visual spectacle combined with the psychological insight in their reimagining of these iconic literary characters seems totally mesmerizing to me. This promises to be a wholly original television show."

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2013, 09:33:35 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=72565

CBS Gives Stephen King's UNDER THE DOME A June 2013 Air Date

CBS has today announced its summer schedule, including the premiere date of the highly anticipated adaptation of Stephen King's Under the Dome. Last year, we learned that the network had ordered a 13-episode season and that both Brian K. Vaughan and Niels Arden Oplev were attached along with Neal Baer (Law & Order: Special Victims Unit) as showrunner. It will make its debut on Monday, June 24 in the 10PM slot. At this point, it's unclear whether this will be a 13-episode adaptation of the lengthy novel or simply just be based on it.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2013, 09:55:51 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/01/12/elementary-boss-moriarty-is-coming-sherlock-and-watson-wont-hook-up/

‘Elementary’ Boss: Moriarty is Coming; Sherlock and Watson Won’t Hook Up

“Elementary,” with the first-ever female Dr. Watson (Lucy Liu), is the most-watched new series of the 2012-2013 season, but following the special Super Bowl episode, things are about to change slightly and the show will have a serialized element to it now that Moriarty is a presence in Sherlock Holmes’ (Jonny Lee Miller) life.

“We still look to have a case that begins and ends [each week] but we want to dollop Moriarty out appropriately, says executive producer Rob Doherty at the press conference for the CBS series at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena, Calif.

The role of Moriarty has yet to be cast — Doherty says he has two more weeks to make a decision — and while he would like to bring in a well-known actor to play the role, he knows that in this day and age of social media, it would be a tricky business to keep it the identity a secret if that is what he decides.

“Moriarty has to be someone who is exquisite and someone who is unique,” Liu says.”Rob knows that more than any of us and he is going to allow for that. It is difficult now in this day and age to actually surprise anyone. He has to keep it under wraps.”

One other change that will happen before the end of the season is the formalizing of the partnership between Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Joan Watson.

“[Being a sober companion] was a starting point,” Doherty says. ” It gave Watson a real purpose to be in the life of Holmes.

You can’t do that for seven or eight years. As we get into this end run, we want to redefine the relationship. I feel that a powerful friendship has developed — although each character may not describe it that way. My sense of Sherlock is that things need to be defined. As the sober companion side falls away, he will want Watson to be more of someone he can lean on.”

That said, the two will not hook up romantically in any way, shape or form, according to Doherty as long as he is EP of the series.

“We love to defy expectations on this show. For as long as I am a part of the show, it is not something I want to see. We don’t need it. When you look at the original books, they didn’t need to get together. They did quite nicely. I would like to apply that to this show as long as I can.”

Part of the problem with that may be that the fans picked up on the great chemistry between Miller and Liu, which is why they started asking for them to get together.

“There was a note that we seemed to know each other too well,” Liu says. “That they wouldn’t know each other that much. They wanted the chemistry to start out slower. I disagreed. If you have chemistry with someone, you have chemistry.”

And Miller was very circumspect, keeping his comment about a possible hook up to a minimum, saying simply, “You can have negative chemistry, as well.”

As for the special Super Bowl episode, which will air immediately following the game on Sunday, Feb 3, Doherty is keeping the storyline under wraps. But Liu tells XfinityTV.com, “It is like our episodes normally, but on steroids. So it is a little more accelerated, a little more colorful and heightened. It is going to be sexier, but a different kind of sexy.”

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2013, 09:35:04 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/01/12/showtime-bumps-up-dexter-to-summer-reveals-full-2013-premiere-schedule/

Showtime Bumps Up ‘Dexter’ to Summer, Reveals Full 2013 Premiere Schedule

Showtime is moving up “Dexter” to a June 30 premiere date to help launch the new Liev Shreiber-starring drama “Ray Donovan,” Showtime’s Entertainment President David Nevins told reporters at TCA on Saturday.

Similarly, the third season of “Homeland,” which Nevins referred to as the network’s “crown jewel,” will also serve as a launch pad for new drama “Masters of Sex” on Sept. 29.

The move marks the first time “Homeland” and “Dexter” will be separated since “Homeland’s” first season. It’s a move Nevins believes will pay off. “We want to build on the momentum and growth [of those series] with this repositioning on the schedule,” he said.

While Nevins was reluctant to discuss reports of “Dexter’s” much-rumored series finale, he did admit that there is an “endgame in place,” which he promised to explain prior to the show’s eighth season premiere this summer.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2013, 11:42:58 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=72674

Disney Sets Release Dates For PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 5 And Brad Bird's 1952

Walt Disney have announced the release dates for a couple of upcoming films. First up, Pirates of the Caribbean 5 has been set for July 10th, 2015 release. Meaning, we will see a lot of box office record that year, considering films like Star Wars Episode VII, The Avengers 2, The Hunger Games finale will also be released in 2015. Next up, Disney will release Brad Bird's upcoming science fiction film titled 1952 on December 19th, 2014. George Clooney is now confirmed to star in the film. Also, The Muppets 2 will arrive on March 21st, 2014 and Maleficent starring Angelina Jolie will now open on July 2nd, 2014 (previous release date was March 14th).

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2013, 05:51:53 PM »
The Killing gets 12 more episodes. Production has yet to start.

https://www.facebook.com/TheKilling?group_id=0

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2013, 10:49:34 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=72798

WB Hoping To Give GREMLINS The Reboot Treatment

According to Vulture, Warner Bros. Pictures is negotiating with Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment to reboot their 1984 horror comedy, Gremlins. Apparently there have been numerous attempts to get the wheels in motion on this over the years but things always fell through, however, sources claim that this time it's looking good. That's pretty much all the info out there at the moment but we'll update if we find anything else out.

Gremlins was one of my favorite movies as a child and I still love the Hell out of it despite it dating a little around the edges. A less successful - and quite bizarre - sequel followed, and there was always talk of a third movie but nothing ever materialized. There's no doubt that Gizmo is one of the most adorable creatures to ever grace the screen, so I'm not altogether against another movie as long as it stays true to the original. In fact I hope this "reboot" is that in name only and we get some sort of continuation of the story, or at the very least not a complete rehash of the first one.