Author Topic: Bruises - Back Training?  (Read 11730 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Bruises - Back Training?
« on: January 23, 2013, 07:07:39 PM »
I keep getting two matching bruises towards the lower/inner part of my rear delts.  It's happened three different times now, spread out over a year or so.

Could this be from back training?  I haven't changed anything, I'm going a little bit heavier because I'm stronger than I was the year before last.  If not from back training, I don't have the slightest idea?  Nothing is hitting/pushing on my back there that I'm aware of?

???

Fairly purple, and kind of oval shaped.  

As far as I know I'm using pretty good/strict form.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
Re: Bruises - Back Training?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 07:08:36 PM »
Teres Minor Bruising?  ???

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 05:58:11 AM »
I used to get them from heavy chins.  My orthopedic surgeon told me they were blood spots from rupturing muscle fibers.  Mine had some red mixed in the first few days and then were a solid purple bruise the size of an egg.

I would sometimes feel a burning sensation in this area while doing heavy chins with weight added, usually on my right side, but it happen to both over a few years.

8)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 06:20:30 AM »
I used to get them from heavy chins.  My orthopedic surgeon told me they were blood spots from rupturing muscle fibers.  Mine had some red mixed in the first few days and then were a solid purple bruise the size of an egg.

I would sometimes feel a burning sensation in this area while doing heavy chins with weight added, usually on my right side, but it happen to both over a few years.

8)
intresting..

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 10:12:52 AM »
Overload:  Any bruise(a pooling of blood) will suggest a rupture/tear around an area, as well as a slight burning feeling sometimes. If getting that burning  feeling when doing heavier chins, it's the adding weight allowing more stretch/stress on the region. Nothing to really be bothered with unless the matter becomes painful, advancing to a full blown injury. Extreme pumps have been know to cause this also.

Once worked out, for a couple of years, with a guy from the Shetland Islands. So white, and with natural thin skin, he almost glowed. Every workout his skin would become beet red, followed by assorted bruises after a workout. No problem, just the way he was. One of the fastest guy's, I ever trained with, to gain muscle mass and power....a true natural. That's counting all Polynesian's bro's, blacks, browns  or everyone else. Reminded me of Yates, though a bit taller. Good Luck.

Side Bar: sorry, I told this story long before. Just some people, who you train with, make a lasting impression. Remember his drop dead gorgeous sister also.
F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 02:35:27 AM »

8)
I think you did the correct thing by going to your Orthopedic surgeon.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 10:21:34 PM »
Thank you!!!

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I forgot I posted about this!!!!!!!!!!

Good to know I don't have aids!  8)

Johna

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 03:29:39 PM »
Try training delts.