Author Topic: Niners  (Read 144093 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Niners
« Reply #200 on: September 28, 2020, 12:59:58 PM »
NYG really stink.
Yes, but the Jets are probably worse.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2020, 02:01:39 PM »
Yes, but the Jets are probably worse.

It's close.

Both already playing for a draft pick.

That they will botch.
Y

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: September 29, 2020, 03:01:59 AM »
It's close.

Both already playing for a draft pick.

That they will botch.
Both teams have young QB's that were drafted in the 1st round so they probably will trade out of that pick for a bunch of picks as many teams would give up a lot for Lawrence.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #203 on: September 29, 2020, 04:03:04 AM »
Both teams have young QB's that were drafted in the 1st round so they probably will trade out of that pick for a bunch of picks as many teams would give up a lot for Lawrence.

You might be right.

Giants need an O-line, which are boring picks, but necessary.

On the flip, they could have likely had Jones at 17 and used 6 to get another area.
Y

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: September 29, 2020, 05:02:08 AM »
You might be right.

Giants need an O-line, which are boring picks, but necessary.

On the flip, they could have likely had Jones at 17 and used 6 to get another area.
Yeah, he was taken higher than expected but maybe the Giants front office thought he wouldn't last till 17.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #205 on: September 29, 2020, 05:05:52 AM »
Yeah, he was taken higher than expected but maybe the Giants front office thought he wouldn't last till 17.

Yeah, they really wanted him.

We'll have to see how it pans out, but I'm not hopeful.

Giants are in this continual cycle of having impact players, OBJ/Saquon, but not having the tools around them.  I don't care if they finish last if it means a first pick and the ability to trade it to build around Jones/Shepard/Barkley.
Y

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: September 29, 2020, 09:36:39 AM »
Yeah, they really wanted him.

We'll have to see how it pans out, but I'm not hopeful.

Giants are in this continual cycle of having impact players, OBJ/Saquon, but not having the tools around them.  I don't care if they finish last if it means a first pick and the ability to trade it to build around Jones/Shepard/Barkley.
Like most bad teams in the NFL they need a new coaching staff.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #207 on: September 29, 2020, 12:47:42 PM »
Like most bad teams in the NFL they need a new coaching staff.

Yeah, but they just got one.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2020, 09:46:42 PM »
What kind of voodoo curse hit my Niners?  I've never seen anything like their injury situation. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: November 14, 2020, 02:39:45 AM »
What kind of voodoo curse hit my Niners?  I've never seen anything like their injury situation.
It has been a season of terrible luck with injuries.  Their dominant defensive line was decimated and QB is week to week.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: November 23, 2020, 01:13:26 PM »
It has been a season of terrible luck with injuries.  Their dominant defensive line was decimated and QB is week to week.

Worst I've ever seen.  They have something like $80 million of salary on IR.  Crazy. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: January 21, 2021, 01:44:26 AM »
Can someone put a voodoo curse on the Houston GM that will make him trade Deshaun Watson to the Niners without having to give up Bosa, Kittle, Warner, etc.?  I would do a Mike Ditka/Ricky Williams and give up the entire draft to get this kid. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: January 21, 2021, 03:06:31 AM »
Can someone put a voodoo curse on the Houston GM that will make him trade Deshaun Watson to the Niners without having to give up Bosa, Kittle, Warner, etc.?  I would do a Mike Ditka/Ricky Williams and give up the entire draft to get this kid.
I haven't heard of SF being a possible landing spot for Watson. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: January 21, 2021, 12:20:26 PM »
I haven't heard of SF being a possible landing spot for Watson.

If Watson demands a trade the Niners will definitely make an offer.  Lynch tried to get Beckham and Mack.  He's not afraid to pull the trigger. 

Lots of people have listed SF as one of the top destinations if Watson is traded.  Here is one:  https://ninernoise.com/2021/01/20/sf-49ers-carr-trade-texans-deshaun-watson/

I think Watson in SF with Shanahan would do what Mahomes is doing in KC. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: January 21, 2021, 12:27:30 PM »
Look for the Patriots, Colts, Jets, Titans, Bears, Broncos and Saints to make big offers for him.  If I were SF I would draft a QB.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: January 21, 2021, 07:24:06 PM »
Look for the Patriots, Colts, Jets, Titans, Bears, Broncos and Saints to make big offers for him.  If I were SF I would draft a QB.

Half the league will try and get him if he becomes available.  Give me the proven pro player over the untested rookie any day of the week. 

That said, I think they will draft a QB if there isn't a run early on.  I like the kid from BYU and the one from North Dakota State, but I'm not sure they last to 12. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: January 22, 2021, 03:24:00 AM »
Half the league will try and get him if he becomes available.  Give me the proven pro player over the untested rookie any day of the week. 

That said, I think they will draft a QB if there isn't a run early on.  I like the kid from BYU and the one from North Dakota State, but I'm not sure they last to 12.
I wouldn't give up too much for Watson.  He is starting to decline like most QB's after 3 years or so and he has injury problems as well.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: January 22, 2021, 11:58:07 PM »
I wouldn't give up too much for Watson.  He is starting to decline like most QB's after 3 years or so and he has injury problems as well.

He has missed 1 start the past 3 years.  His numbers have gotten better, not worse.  And this past season was outstanding after losing his best target in that ridiculous trade with Arizona. 

You should check this out:  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatsDe00.htm

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: January 23, 2021, 03:17:51 AM »
He has missed 1 start the past 3 years.  His numbers have gotten better, not worse.  And this past season was outstanding after losing his best target in that ridiculous trade with Arizona. 

You should check this out:  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatsDe00.htm
You will see.  Just like Lamar.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: January 26, 2021, 12:20:28 AM »
You will see.  Just like Lamar.

You mean the Heisman Trophy winner and 2019 First Team NFL All Pro Lamar Jackson?  Yeah if Watson gets traded to SF without SF having to give up their studs on offense Watson might very well be an all pro. 

Look at what he did with an average supporting cast this year:  4823 yards passing, 33 TDs, 7 INTs, 70 percent completion, 444 yards rushing, 4 TDs.  If you put him in Shanahan's offensive with Deebo Samuel, Aiyuk, Kittle, and a healthy Mostert, he will explode IMO. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: January 26, 2021, 02:12:16 AM »
You mean the Heisman Trophy winner and 2019 First Team NFL All Pro Lamar Jackson?  Yeah if Watson gets traded to SF without SF having to give up their studs on offense Watson might very well be an all pro. 

Look at what he did with an average supporting cast this year:  4823 yards passing, 33 TDs, 7 INTs, 70 percent completion, 444 yards rushing, 4 TDs.  If you put him in Shanahan's offensive with Deebo Samuel, Aiyuk, Kittle, and a healthy Mostert, he will explode IMO.
I mean the Lamar Jackson who chokes every year in the playoffs.  How many yards did he have this year against Buffalo?  3 points  :-*

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: January 26, 2021, 12:46:32 PM »
I mean the Lamar Jackson who chokes every year in the playoffs.  How many yards did he have this year against Buffalo?  3 points  :-*

You say that like he's a 10 year veteran.  He's 24 years old.  This is what he did after his first full season as a starter and second year in the NFL:

Ravens QB Lamar Jackson named 2019 NFL MVP
Published: Feb 01, 2020
Nick Shook

The NFL's consensus choice for Most Valuable Player has officially assumed the throne.

Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson was named the 2019 NFL MVP on Saturday at NFL Honors in downtown Miami. Jackson earned all 50 first-place votes, making him only the second unaimous MVP in NFL history (Tom Brady, 2010).

Jackson was a source of pure spectating delight in 2019, shredding opposing defenses while leading the league in touchdowns with 36 passing scores and seven trips to the end zone on the ground. Jackson threw for 3,127 yards and posted a 113.3 passer rating, with the latter mark exceeding the average rating of an MVP quarterback (107.8 ) en route to the AFC's top seed.

That's not all, of course. Jackson rushed for 1,206 yards, breaking Michael Vick's single-season record for a quarterback in the process and obliterating the average mark for an MVP quarterback (131). He more than tripled the average mark for rushing touchdowns with his seven scores.

Jackson's league-leading marks in passing touchdowns and quarterback rushing yards made him just the second quarterback to do so in NFL history, joining Hall of Famer Steve Young, who did so in 1994 with nearly 1,000 less rushing yards. Jackson's 1,206 yards also landed him at sixth place in the entire NFL in rushing yards.

Jackson became the youngest quarterback to ever win MVP at 22 years, 358 days old (on Dec. 31, 2019) while leading the NFL's No. 1 scoring offense (33.2 points per game). With Jackson at the controls, Baltimore finished first or second in five key offensive categories: points per game, total yards per game, rushing yards per game, big plays per game and red-zone percentage. Jackson also posted the second-highest passing touchdown percentage (9.0) in the Super Bowl era (minimum 350 attempts).

Jackson's season could only get better if his Ravens were able to reach the Super Bowl. Baltimore's 14-2 finish didn't carry over into the postseason, as the Ravens were eliminated by the Tennessee Titans in the AFC Divisional Round.

His MVP makes him the first Ravens player to win the award.

https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-qb-lamar-jackson-named-2019-nfl-mvp-0ap3000001100156

And he wasn't playing with a great supporting cast.  So if you're saying Watson will put up these kinds of numbers in the SF, then yes I agree.   :)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: January 27, 2021, 03:16:32 AM »
It's all downhill for him.  He will be out of the league in 4 years.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: January 27, 2021, 06:05:27 PM »
It's all downhill for him.  He will be out of the league in 4 years.

You think Lamar Jackson will be out of the league in four years?  Ok.  Who knows?  Injuries happen. 

But back to Watson:  he's the real deal.  I know he's probably a long shot for my Niners, but miracles happen.  Montana and Rice.  The Lakers signing Shaq and trading for Kobe.  It might be a pipe dream, but I hope they can make it happen. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: January 28, 2021, 05:28:45 PM »
Half the league will try and get him if he becomes available. Give me the proven pro player over the untested rookie any day of the week. 

Yep.

Deshaun Watson trade rumors: 'More than half the teams' have called about Texans quarterback, per report
It's more than just the quarterback-needy teams that are interested in Watson
By Jordan Dajani
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-more-than-half-the-teams-have-called-about-texans-quarterback-per-report/